• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

Enron

Banned
DMPrince said:
no they got it in. they just sold out.

I got the last copy at the GS near my office this evening. The guy said that people have been "tearin' that game up all day long" when I asked for it.

DMPrince said:
oh well. i got the game. that's all that matters now. :lol
Exactly. :D I was shocked GS (a) had it (b) didn't gut it. :lol

I turned the grid off. Unsure if i liked the game with the grid or not. will play some more with it off.
Do you mean the little overhead map on the upper-right corner? I love that. It reminds me of those old Nintendo Power maps of 8-bit games taken directly from the pixel source.

DaBargainHunta said:
Exactly. :D I was shocked GS (a) had it (b) didn't gut it. :lol

Do you mean the little overhead map on the upper-right corner? I love that. It reminds me of those old Nintendo Power maps of 8-bit games taken directly from the pixel source.
no. grid. where it makes the whole game look like cubes.

GRID On
aond6f.jpg

Grid OFF
2qm3n7b.jpg

I see they decided to keep the annoyance that is the desert dungeon from that time period :/

Anyway, beat 3 dungeons. I'm guessing there's gotta be another part after you find all the orbs or this game would be pretty short.

Volcynika

cosmicblizzard said:
I see they decided to keep the annoyance that is the desert dungeon from that time period :/

Anyway, beat 3 dungeons. I'm guessing there's gotta be another part after you find all the orbs or this game would be pretty short.

Game's main stuff isn't too long, but it has a lot of side content (at least from what I've heard).

game froze on me. thanks a lot, Grace Chen :\

EDIT:
right after i got the sword and talked to the king. i decided to go downstairs and it got stuck at the loading screen.

OMFG I had to stop playing and finish my project portfolio but I'm done with this awful semester. This education shit is starting to eat into my gaming time. :D
Ready to go.

Someone with some skill needs to fabricate a Ness character. I think I have just enough skill to make a pacman.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
late to this game have seen it here and there but not hyped up on it.. IS this a clone of some Zelda game or is it it's own game?

Dorfdad said:
late to this game have seen it here and there but not hyped up on it.. IS this a clone of some Zelda game or is it it's own game?
It's a clone of tons of old games. Zelda gets all the talk but the game looks exactly like 3D dragon quest 1 and you use tents and sleeping bag to heal and ave line in FF so it's all over the place. It does play like A link to the past, but it's not a Zelda clone.

Also can you dash without holding your sword out? I keep running into things.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DMPrince said:
game froze on me. thanks a lot, Grace Chen :\

EDIT:
right after i got the sword and talked to the king. i decided to go downstairs and it got stuck at the loading screen.

She's watching you.
In your sleep.

vocab

Fixed2BeBroken said:
has anyone installed the game? does it make loading between areas any faster?

Yes. They added the install option in the US version simply because every time you walked across the screen in the original Japanese version you would get loading for 5-10 secs with a different loading screen of classic characters in 3d do game heroes fashion. There is no loading now when you install it. You can still see those screens in the gallery, so not installing it would be a dumb thing to do.

I've been fighting the first boss over and over again trying to beat him without getting hit. You can rack up tons of money this way just so you know.

edit: holy shit there is a trophy for
beating the game without dying

BobTheFork said:
I've been fighting the first boss over and over again trying to beat him without getting hit. You can rack up tons of money this way just so you know.
oh. he drops more coins or just beating him up you get money?

so far i died 2 times! yeah! there was like a silver slime that was fast and constantly hitting me! ;(

DMPrince said:

so far i died 2 times! yeah! there was like a silver slime that was fast and constantly hitting me! ;(
I think you just get more money, unless he gave me 400+ the first time I beat him

theultimo

DMPrince said:

There is a sidequest with the sliver slimes, you have to defeat ten of em.

Just beat the fourth temple.

It's getting a bit better thanks in part to this new sword I got. Also bought a silver ring that boosts my DEF. Still managed to get hardcore ruined by a blue dragon.

Oh and I threw some coins in a well and got a tent. Now I can rest anywhere on the overworld, regain all of my HP/MP, and even set a revival point. Unlimited uses too woot woot woot.

UFRA

theultimo said:
Anyone find out what the red key doors are for?

I'd like to know this also. I assume you're referring to the red locked doors in the temples.

They're the only one's I can't find keys for in the temples.

This game is so great!!! I just had to support Atlus/From after owning Demon's Souls. :D

Did you guys find the
"From Cave"
in the game with all of the
Demon's Souls
references in it?? :lol :lol

I created my own Link character, however the one posted above is better than mine...thinking about switching now. :/

Ryn

I've never even heard of this game before today.

This looks somewhat interesting, and $40? Hm.. a definite maybe. We'll see what my paycheck says this week.

bridegur

I'm about halfway through the first dungeon -- AWESOME GAME. Anyone that's ever enjoyed a Zelda game and owns a PS3 needs to own this. Also, $36 is an amazing deal for it.

Teknoman

Arrgh...ordered on the 5th...

3D Dot Game Heroes
Availability :
Backordered: Usually leaves our warehouse within 1-2 weeks
Est. Arrival Date: 5/24-6/8/2010

Well on the bright side, im getting it for cheap...and it'll give me time to finish up some other things.

I'm stuck right after the orb on the third dungeon.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
my kakashi....

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z107/out4dolo/BrilordPlains_1.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z107/out4dolo/BrilordPlains.jpg[/MG]

next, im going to make hitsu from bleach[/QUOTE]
Can I get the character data for Kakashi, please?

I love the shark. It's pretty hilarious having everyone talk to a giant fin sticking out of the ground.

I tried my hand at making my own dude, but I am not cut out for anything art related.

Top Bottom