• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Lol at poofpoof.

Anyway how difficult is it to (very minor spoiler)
"beastiarize" the bosses? I beastiarezed the 3rd boss but couldn't beastiarize the first boss

Okay, how the hell am I supposed to beat the (4th dungeon boss)
Kraken
? I've hit this thing like 80 times and it still won't go down.

So I picked this up yesterday due to the comments in this thread. What got me was; "ZOMG!! Only $40!!!" and "Oh noes!! This game will be teh rarez! Get it now or forever hold your peace!!"

Sure enough, there was only one copy tucked between some other games when I picked mine up.

The game is cool. I like it. Kinda brings me back, in a strange way. Music is nice. Graphics are nice. I casually played the first dungeon, got stuck when I couldn't either find a way to hit the switch, move the blocks, or find the second key.

I can't wait to mess around with the character editor.

after fourth dungeon and doing various stuff in world and this is game is so good. Probably the second GOTY quality game this year after Mass Effect 2 for me.

cosmicblizzard said:
Okay, how the hell am I supposed to beat the (4th dungeon boss)
Kraken
? I've hit this thing like 80 times and it still won't go down.

if you thought that took a lot of time, wait till you try to add it to your book :lol

At the second boss right now and seriously I feel like a kid again. This game is just brilliant, even if the game is really 20+ years old.

I really hope this game sells like Demon's Souls did in the US, if not more. Such a great game.

Edit: How do you book a monster?

EagleEyes

All these great impressions are making me want to give this game a try. I just got Lost Planet 2 and next week is Red Dead and Alan Wake for me so i'm gonna have to be patient. But damn you guys are making it hard. :p

theultimo

Square Triangle said:
At the second boss right now and seriously I feel like a kid again. This game is just brilliant, even if the game is really 20+ years old.

I really hope this game sells like Demon's Souls did in the US, if not more. Such a great game.

Edit: How do you book a monster?
Hit it with the bestiary. A lot. Around 80-90 times for the first boss.

Chorazin

EagleEyes said:
All these great impressions are making me want to give this game a try. I just got Lost Planet 2 and next week is Red Dead and Alan Wake for me so i'm gonna have to be patient. But damn you guys are making it hard. :p

It's an Atlus game, so who knows how rare it'll be. You can get Red Dead or Alan Wake any time after release. Don't wait!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
ULTROS! said:
Lol at poofpoof.

Anyway how difficult is it to (very minor spoiler)
"beastiarize" the bosses? I beastiarezed the 3rd boss but couldn't beastiarize the first boss
I was able to do it to the first boss without realizing it. 2nd boss came up with a little strategy and did it in less than 20 seconds.
bombs stun her

d0c_zaius

this may be old news, but some of the default edit templates are awesome!!!!!

President from Metal Wolf Chaos!!! RIkimaru!! Raikoh! White Glint!!!

The music, animations, everything....is so on point:D

dallow_bg

nods at old men
As for Dr. Dic.

Someone mentioned he might be a reference to Megman.
Dic is Cid backwards as well. :shrug:

Who knows though.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Chorazin said:
It's an Atlus game, so who knows how rare it'll be. You can get Red Dead or Alan Wake any time after release. Don't wait!
Atlus games don't really have all that small print runs anymore. I can't think of anything they've released in quite a while that has had any remotely decent level of marketing that turned out rare. The last one I can really think of was Persona 3, but that was mainly because they were gearing up to release FES.

theultimo

Monroeski said:
Atlus games don't really have all that small print runs anymore. I can't think of anything they've released in quite a while that has had any remotely decent level of marketing that turned out rare. The last one I can really think of was Persona 3, but that was mainly because they were gearing up to release FES.
The only thing is, this game has been shown to be sold out already, 3 days in. Seems like a small print run.

And if you want a challenge, use a fish for a sword. Starts out normal size and as strong as the claymore.

Volcynika

Monroeski said:

Well, they may still have print runs smaller than the demand. I heard Demon's Souls was pretty hard to find for some since it well exceeded expectations (which we found out later). They then shipped out more copies as soon as they could.

Had a little time to rework/perfect him at work before running home (in about 20 minutes) to make him. Also went ahead and mapped out the side view.

BEHOLD MY SCHOLAR, MAXWELL (again)

2mfnce9.jpg

:D :D :D

No luck today at Best Buy, both Gamestops, or Wally World. But I finally found one lone copy at Hastings and snatched it. Thank God. I really should consider Amazon for games like this. I hate running around and hunting.

Haunted

Literally one click away of getting (technically pre-ordering but whatever) this.

How long is it for the first playthrough?

eXistor

Haunted said:
Literally one click away of getting (technically pre-ordering but whatever) this.

How long is it for the first playthrough?
I'm still waiting on my copy, so I can't be sure, but from what I've heard it's about 10-15 hours without sidequests. 15-25 with.

Haunted

eXistor said:
I'm still waiting on my copy, so I can't be sure, but from what I've heard it's about 10-15 hours without sidequests. 15-25 with.
Hmm, I was hoping for some WW/TP level of scope here, but I guess that's about in line with the earlier Zelda games this is an homage to. :)

If I get this I totally want to play with the original or LttP Link as my character. :D

ive got this game in my goozex cue but does anyone know if it will work with the other-os firmware?

edit: nevermind someone confirmed it works a few pages back

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Nooooooooo , Why is this happening to me again ? I just got an email and because of the stupid Volcano in stupid Iceland the forward mailing service I use will not deliver the game to me this week ( Airspace Closed so till airports works again or something ) I thought this shit is over by now no ?

fuck volcanoes , fuck volcanic ash particles , fuck magma and fuck everything.

:(

BeeDog

Totobeni said:
Nooooooooo , Why is this happening to me again ? I just got an email and because of the stupid Volcano in stupid Iceland the forward mailing service I use will not deliver the game to me this week ( Airspace Closed so till airports works again or something ) I thought this shit is over by now no ?

fuck volcanoes , fuck volcanic ash particles , fuck magma and fuck everything.

:(

Oh shit, completely forgot about this. Meh, God knows when the fuck I'll get my record order from Juno and my 3D Dot Game Heroes order from Zavvi. :(

tim1138

Picked this up this morning and have played through the first dungeon, it's an absolute blast.
I went with the Gorilla for my character but am definitely going to download some of the cooler ones I see.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Uh... either I'm a complete fucking moron, or my controller's kind of broken.
Can't seem to progress beyond the title screen / demo mode. :lol

Remf

just picked this up at my local gamestop after I told my wife I was going to stop buying games for awhile. She's going to be so pissed. :lol

vocab

Mejilan said:
Uh... either I'm a complete fucking moron, or my controller's kind of broken.
Can't seem to progress beyond the title screen / demo mode. :lol

You either got another controller plugged in, or your controller is dead.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
inner-G said:
Start button?

Tried that. Just figured it out.
Apparently if you have an arcade stick plugged in, that defaults to controller #1 upon boot up. My Dual Shock 3, then, was defaulting to controller #2, and this game doesn't like that very much. Annoying. Didn't have this problem with Nier.

Top Bottom