• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

tim1138 said:
Max definitely violates the first rule of their site... plus the game has been out for a few days now and they still haven't updated the list of submissions, so I assume there's a lot of moderation involved in the submission process. We need an independent character database! WebdesignGAF, are you out there?

I'll upload Max to rapidshare or something after work. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to accomplish my next character in the 16^3 space now. I have lots of condensing/distilling down to only the most primary details to do. :D

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Anyone else having issues with this game locking up? It did it to me twice in a matter of 5 minutes last night. The first time when i was entering a dungeon, the screen just stayed black. I had to turn off my Slim. The second time, i was moving to a different screen and it just hung on the Loading screen...again i had to turn off my system.

Checking online there are some people with this issue, and from what i read its happening to people to installed the game to their HD. I havent read of anyone with lockups who DIDNT install it.

Thinking about my case, both times it happened, just before i turned off the grid in the settings, but didnt save....i just kept on playing. I wonder if theres a glitch...where if you turn off the grid setting in the game and then just go back to playing without saving first.

Anyone want to try? Have any of you had any freezes? If so, is your game installed?

Mest30

Banned
I was able to pick this gem up at a gamestop after my failed attempts on Tuesday. Great game. I've put about 3.5 hours in and am still in the Forest Temple. Been having a blast just roaming the towns and talking to everyone possible. I've found a few spots where mini games are played but I can't play them yet. Do I have to get to a certain point in the game before they are available? Also, where do I find the ten dragons to slay?

Teknoman

Funky Functionality said:
Max definitely violates the first rule of their site... plus the game has been out for a few days now and they still haven't updated the list of submissions, so I assume there's a lot of moderation involved in the submission process. We need an independent character database! WebdesignGAF, are you out there?

I'll upload Max to rapidshare or something after work. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to accomplish my next character in the 16^3 space now. I have lots of condensing/distilling down to only the most primary details to do. :D

Well it says recognizable characters as well, so I think it wouldn't count for the contest but would count for just normal uploading.

such a wonderfully crafted retro love letter this game is. its appeal may be limited but for those gamers who still love 2d zeldas & final fantasies, it's an unmissable hd gem.

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Anyone else having issues with this game locking up? It did it to me twice in a matter of 5 minutes last night. The first time when i was entering a dungeon, the screen just stayed black. I had to turn off my Slim. The second time, i was moving to a different screen and it just hung on the Loading screen...again i had to turn off my system.

Checking online there are some people with this issue, and from what i read its happening to people to installed the game to their HD. I havent read of anyone with lockups who DIDNT install it.

Thinking about my case, both times it happened, just before i turned off the grid in the settings, but didnt save....i just kept on playing. I wonder if theres a glitch...where if you turn off the grid setting in the game and then just go back to playing without saving first.

Anyone want to try? Have any of you had any freezes? If so, is your game installed?
I don't have the game installed and it locked up on me last night.

From the title screen, I selected to view photos out of curiosity. I have no photos from the game, but it displayed other photos I have saved. I looked at a few and the last one acted like it wanted to load, but instead stayed as a black screen for a few minutes before I reset.

I was kicked out of memory lane.

But man, I love the song in the forest just before the second dungeon. Sounds amazing.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Talk to the king after each orb you get for some short, funny dialogue.

---

I had my first freeze last night after 6 hours of gameplay. It's installed and happened in the middle of an attack. Appears to be random.
I now save often.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, first dungeon down. Didn't die, thankfully. Man, switching to Jack Frost's model over Red/Pokemon Trainer screwed my Life values up. I don't think I'll be doing that until I have more magic and finish this run for the "don't die" trophy. :lol

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
dallow_bg said:
Talk to the king after each orb you get for some short, funny dialogue.

---

I had my first freeze last night after 6 hours of gameplay. It's installed and happened in the middle of an attack. Appears to be random.
I now save often

For sure...my first freeze last night was after i had finished 90% of the 2nd dungeon, and i hadnt saved in a while. I had to do everything all over again after i booted it back up.

I hope that Atlus is aware of these random lockups...I can't from here (firewall), but im wondering if someone should go their site and post something, or email them about it..??

TheSeks

Shit. No one said the second dungeon was pitch black. Now I have to go back to town and get sun stones (they last longer than candles, yes?) or candles to make my way through without killing myself. :lol

Chorazin

TheSeks said:
Shit. No one said the second dungeon was pitch black. Now I have to go back to town and get sun stones (they last longer than candles, yes?) or candles to make my way through without killing myself. :lol

Sun Stones warp you out of Dungeons. Buy a few candles candles, you only have to use a few in the dungeon, just a couple rooms are dark.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
jetsetfluken said:
Been playing around with the US version looking for differences from the JP version. Here's an updated list...

• JP software update that included install option, load screen gallery, etc. - YES, included on-disc
  • JP DLC Vol. 1 - YES, included on-disc
  • JP DLC Vol. 2 - YES, included, on-disc
  • JP DLC Vol. 3 - NO
  • JP DLC Vol. 4 - NO
  • Lots of new pre-made custom characters from Atlus - YES
  • From Software preorder bonus disc content that included a batch of pre-made characters, such as From Software's Link design - NO
  • Ability to download and use custom character files from the JP version - YES
  • Option to disable button guide display on HUD
  • Option to view loading screens even if you installed the game
  • When taking a picture, you can now switch between different camera angles and even "free camera"
  • Bestiary and loading art categories on start menu
  • Now when viewing the world map (L1), you can simply select where you want to warp to if you have a Wing item, instead of having to go to the menu and selecting it from a text list
  • Shield invisibility code - Pause the game with Start, then press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, square, triangle, you should hear a sound (doing the code again makes the shield visible again). Even though you don't see the shield, it's still there and you can use it to deflect things. Put the code in again to make it appear. (this was actually also in the JP version)
  • "From Difficulty" (hard mode) has been made even harder in the US version - not only do enemies cause more damage, but there is now much more enemies in the overworld/dungeon rooms

btw, anyone have the Wario download from this post? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21226087&postcount=415
Thanks for the bolded tip! Had no idea this was in it.

yamo

Ordered this game from Amazon UK and my order was dispatched today. However the estimated delivery date is not untill the 2nd of June!!!

Is that shitty volcany still making everyones life a misery or what? :mad:

edit: bored to tears atm, started to fiddle with the 3d dot heros generator and this is what I managed to create so far.

BURNINATE!
480x480transparent.png

dallow_bg

nods at old men

vocab

Host Samurai said:
Can somebody help me actually GET to the 3rd temple? I cant make it to the castle on the map.

Head to the desert, and just make your way south. You'll know your close when you hit the town/Maze of Doom escalators.

vocab said:
Head to the desert, and just make your way south. You'll know your close when you hit the town/Maze of Doom escalators.

I think thats where im stuck. I thought that there would be sand proof boots or something

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Host Samurai said:
I think thats where im stuck. I thought that there would be sand proof boots or something
Guy in the village gives you a hint.
Follow the paths between the cacti
Or you can just watch the patterns. You'll have to stray to get some of the chests as well.

Just a bit tedious.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I just ordered it. The last thing I needed was another game, but it has so much charm and the price was right ($33). Can kids play it or is the difficulty too hard, maybe just watch?

Chorazin

DeadGzuz said:
I just ordered it. The last thing I needed was another game, but it has so much charm and the price was right ($33). Can kids play it or is the difficulty too hard, maybe just watch?

We played it as kids when it was called The Legend of Zelda, so I doubt today's kids will have much trouble.

DeadGzuz said:

Well, they sure as hell won't appreciate or understand it.
Start them off on the 2D Zeldas then show them this in 10 years.

theultimo

Found the
Developers Cave
and gave me a code I don't even know what it does.
L1 R1 L1 R1 L1 L1 R1 R1 Square
. I put it in and nothing. Any ideas?

And it sounds like they had a map editor, and it got cut.

Ryn

So yeah, actually called GameStop and they had this game in! Totally about to pop it in and see what all this hype is about. :D

theultimo said:
Found the
Developers Cave

That's the shield invisibility code, I talked about it in one of my list posts above.

And no idea about that cut map editor, what makes you think that? Maybe you're thinking about the tower defense minigame that was in a JP DLC that sadly isn't in the US version?

Ryn said:
So yeah, actually called GameStop and they had this game in! Totally about to pop it in and see what all this hype is about. :D

I say anyone interested in this game needs to pick it up ASAP. One GS for example only got 4 copies (with no info on later shipments), and I believe 2-3 were for preorders. So basically all GS stores are only getting 1-2 copies in this initial shipment, with no news on any later shipments.

The same case happened with Demon's Souls initially, but that quickly changed a few weeks later once Atlus started shipping out more copies because the game got a huge surge of popularity due to word of mouth.
Hopefully the same happens with 3DDGH.

theultimo

jetsetfluken said:
That's the shield invisibility code, I talked about it in one of my list posts above.

And no idea about that cut map editor, what makes you think that? Maybe you're thinking about the tower defense minigame that was in a JP DLC that sadly isn't in the US version?
Its a different code, my shield doesn't turn invisible. As for the map editor:

JWong said:
Oh man, the dash circuits are brutal. Probably killing the platinum for me.
yeah I think for me too. I've tried the stick and the pad and there is no chance of making the smalls turn on the left side of the map. maybe my controller is too olf but there s just no way. I spent a few hours trying. I LOVE black defense though. I cleared the second one last night but ONE guy got past me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
jetsetfluken said:

What?

Is there another TD game or something because I was playing the TD game last night.

dallow_bg said:
What?

Is there another TD game or something because I was playing the TD game last night.

Yeah, there's more to it that was in either JP DLC 3 or 4. Also the "classic dungeon" was in one of them...

Hope Atlus releases these two missing contents later.

And oh god...you need to do that dashing minigame for a trophy? OH GOD,NO!!!!! I can't remember my best time in the JP version but I was trying at it for hours. What's the requirements and for what trophy?

TheSeks

theultimo said:
Found the
Developers Cave

It stops the walking animation "sway," apparently from googling around.

TheSeks said:
It stops the walking animation "sway," apparently from googling around.

Oh, cool then.
So how many "button codes" are in this game? The shield invisibility, walk sway removal, anything else hidden you guys find yet?

Top Bottom