• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

theultimo

jetsetfluken said:
Oh, cool then.
So how many "button codes" are in this game? The shield invisibility, walk sway removal, anything else hidden you guys find yet?
Entering
Splunker
as your name unlocks
Splunker Mode

Ryn

Just finished the first dungeon. Pretty enjoyable so far. But I think I missed something rather small and stupid lol...
How do I get in that last room with the red door in the middle of the dungeon? I combed through the dungeon and thought I got all the keys but no avail with this door.

theultimo

jetsetfluken said:
Oh, cool. I thought you had to beat the game to unlock that?
And isn't there a trophy related to that mode?
There is 2 trophys. one for
Beating the game as Splunker
and
Saving Splunker on hard mode
You can get one doing the code. The other you must
beat the game once, and rescue splunker on hard mode

Ryn said:
Just finished the first dungeon. Pretty enjoyable so far. But I think I missed something rather small and stupid lol...
How do I get in that last room with the red door in the middle of the dungeon? I combed through the dungeon and thought I got all the keys but no avail with this door.
You cannot open that door until later in the game, when you
Buy a key from the key gey in Jims Place
or
Get a super key by reading Sir Signes

theultimo said:
There is 2 trophys. one for
Beating the game as Splunker
and
Saving Splunker on hard mode
You can get one doing the code. The other you must
beat the game once, and rescue splunker on hard mode

Is the
saving Spelunker trophy
missable?

And it's actually
SpElunker, not Splunker :D .

dallow_bg

nods at old men
jetsetfluken said:
And oh god...you need to do that dashing minigame for a trophy? OH GOD,NO!!!!! I can't remember my best time in the JP version but I was trying at it for hours. What's the requirements and for what trophy?
Yeah, I'm looking at the trophy list (japanese full list) but I don't see anything for any of the mini-games.

theultimo

jetsetfluken said:
Is the
saving Spelunker trophy
missable?

And it's actually
SpElunker, not Splunker :D .
He only spawns on hard mode, and you need to save him on hard mode anytime during the playthrough
Otherwise, its just a shortcut to the hardest mode.
dallow_bg said:
Yeah, I'm looking at the trophy list (japanese full list) but I don't see anything for any of the mini-games.
There is an all-swords trophy, And one of the swords
Dragon or Wing something?
requires you to
beat all the mini-games

i can't seem to locate the sage for the third temple. any idea? I've already beaten the boss but there's this room i can't find a key to.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
theultimo said:
He only spawns on hard mode, and you need to save him on hard mode anytime during the playthrough
Otherwise, its just a shortcut to the hardest mode.

There is an all-swords trophy, And one of the swords
Dragon or Wing something?
requires you to
beat all the mini-games
Ah nuts! What does "beating" it mean exactly for each minigame? Specific wave, time, level?

DMPrince said:
i can't seem to locate the sage for the third temple. any idea? I've already beaten the boss but there's this room i can't find a key to.
Go back to the Inn north of the temple and south of the village.

!!!! I just found the last sign, the one with my name on it. Now I have the super key and I don't have to buy them each. I need to clean out the first dungeon.

theultimo

dallow_bg said:
Ah nuts! What does "beating" it mean exactly for each minigame? Specific wave, time, level?

Go back to the Inn north of the temple and south of the village.
There is one for clearing the level you are playing, one for getting perfect on blockout, and one for getting less then 25 secs on the circuit, and one for getting perfect.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
cosmicblizzard said:
Fuck. Game just froze after going through the entire 5th dungeon without saving :(

: (

Happened to me twice last night. The game has random freezing issues so im saving quite often. I PM'd AtlusAram just now to ask him/her if Atlus is aware of the random freezing issues, so hopefully they will fix it.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
I am absolutely loving this game, even though I've only had time to play to the third dungeon so far.

I already posted this in the Perler Beads thread, but I figured that I'd show it off here, too. The game gave me a little bit of creative inspiration yesterday, so I made my very own Frum action figure.

24oyhkc

mauaus

Whimsical Phil said:
I am absolutely loving this game, even though I've only had time to play to the third dungeon so far.

I already posted this in the Perler Beads thread, but I figured that I'd show it off here, too. The game gave me a little bit of creative inspiration yesterday, so I made my very own Frum action figure.

28jrx8g
Daaaamn that is awesome!!!! Congrats, do you ship worldwide?? hehe

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
mauaus said:
Daaaamn that is awesome!!!! Congrats, do you ship worldwide?? hehe
Heh...thanks. But sorry, I only made one, and I'm keeping him. :D

I also had to retake my picture when I realized that I accidentally had Frum holding the sword by the hand guard. What a faux pas!

robot

just picked up my copy and overheard the guy at eb saying "Theres only a small window between dungeons to do side quests." Is this true? What should I be looking out for/talking to between dungeons?

theultimo

robot said:
just picked up my copy and overheard the guy at eb saying "Theres only a small window between dungeons to do side quests." Is this true? What should I be looking out for/talking to between dungeons?
After each dungeon, there are events that are happening in between dungeons. In order to get all the trpohys, you need to do certain events before clearing he next dungeon. I am going through ng+right now because I missed
the armored core
and i want the sword that comes with doing every event.

9 hours in and on the 4th temple. most of the time was spent exploring and getting lost. :lol

I didn't know the Block Defense were different in each area. have to play it all. does anyone know how many waves there are?

theultimo

DMPrince said:
9 hours in and on the 4th temple. most of the time was spent exploring and getting lost. :lol

I didn't know the Block Defense were different in each area. have to play it all. does anyone know how many waves there are?
Depends on the level. Some have only 10, some have up to 25.

bunbun777

Just found the
anchor rod
and right when i go back up a screen- out comes friggen
blue dragon
!

I run around dodging arrows from centaur things and falling rocks and then....get pwned.

This game ...I guess I am a sucka for nostalgia but this game is AWESOME.

Got back to where I was and now I can't beat this damn
Dragon
. Is it just me or did the bosses get a shitton more health from the 4th dungeon and up?

theultimo said:
After each dungeon, there are events that are happening in between dungeons. In order to get all the trpohys, you need to do certain events before clearing he next dungeon. I am going through ng+right now because I missed
the armored core
and i want the sword that comes with doing every event.

Yeah best advice is to have a guide nearby to keep track. I perused one and turns out I missed a ton of stuff(talking to certain people, sleeping at inns in-between dungeons, etc).

Kind of ridiculous but eh that's old-school for ya.

linkboy

Snagged this from Play N Trade yesterday and I just beat the first dungeon. Love this game so much. The developers went into my childhood and brought it to the future.

Easily one of my favorite games this gen.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Yeah best advice is to have a guide nearby to keep track. I perused one and turns out I missed a ton of stuff(talking to certain people, sleeping at inns in-between dungeons, etc).

Kind of ridiculous but eh that's old-school for ya.

Where's this guide?

Good lord could the last dungeon be any longer?

I'm only halfway through and I already want to kill myself. It'd be one thing if there were some new ideas but it's mostly a regurgitation of everything I've seen in the past 6 dungeons + fights with all of the bosses. The bosses are upgraded but all that means is they do double damage, they don't even have different colors. =(.

Really doubt I'll have the patience for
Spelunker
mode if this is any indication. Then again the minigames already confirm I'll never get all the trophies anyway.

MrBeanTroll said:
Terrible cellphone pic but I wanted to share The Tardis

euea0l.jpg

Light flashes when it walks and the door opens when attacking
there's a snapshot mode :lol

if you don't have a usb drive just use tinypic.com on ps3 browser, get the url and post here!

theultimo

CartridgeBlower said:
About to start this game and I'm wondering, are there different difficulties? And if so, what do most people seem to be playing on?
There is only one you can start with. More are unlocked after you clear the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, my god...

Fuck Block Dash.

how the hell are you supposed to finish the first circuit in 20 seconds? I keep fucking up at the zig-zag element and my best is 32.02 sec FFFFFFF.

theultimo

TheSeks said:
Oh, my god...

Fuck Block Dash.

how the hell are you supposed to finish the first circuit in 20 seconds? I keep fucking up at the zig-zag element and my best is 32.02 sec FFFFFFF.
I have no idea...the best i've done is 24.5. I want the reward :|

DMPrince said:
there's a snapshot mode :lol

if you don't have a usb drive just use tinypic.com on ps3 browser, get the url and post here!

Knew about the snapshot mode, didn't even think about doing the tinypic thing. Thanks.

Top Bottom