• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

TheSeks said:
Oh, my god...

Fuck Block Dash.

how the hell are you supposed to finish the first circuit in 20 seconds? I keep fucking up at the zig-zag element and my best is 32.02 sec FFFFFFF.
the controls are very responsive. you have to be quick around that nasty tree spot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Question - how do I know if I haven't missed the
3d mech game guy in the From Cave
?

I read in the FAQ that if you don't talk to him before clearing the first cave, you lose him for the entire game?

um after beating the desert temple it says
to investigate where the priest is.
where do i go for that? somewhere nearby i guess?

I was lucky to find the rare platinum blob in a corner and hit it forever to bestiary it. looks awesome in the viewer.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DMPrince said:
the controls are very responsive. you have to be quick around that nasty tree spot.

Yeah, I know. It's the stupid fucking tree and the stairs down that I keep screwing up at. I can generally take the other corners just fine. Ugh.

theultimo

firehawk12 said:
Question - how do I know if I haven't missed the
3d mech game guy in the From Cave
?

I read in the FAQ that if you don't talk to him before clearing the first cave, you lose him for the entire game?
If you enter
from cave
and see at the top development cancelled, you have lost him and cannot get the event.

what is meant by Walk Sway? can you only walk in four directions or something?

wait, there are rewards for doing the mini-games? swords? the race one is hell and tower defense sucks in general. I'm cool with doing the breakout one.

TheSeks

Linkzg said:

The walking animation.

\ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / / Basically, if you can get my point with that. Think of it as an "animation" of the hero/your character walking down with the default setting.

After the code for walk-sway turned of: | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | going down.

If you can understand that, and I understand the point of the code right.

mr.beers

Linkzg said:

wait, there are rewards for doing the mini-games? swords? the race one is hell and tower defense sucks in general. I'm cool with doing the breakout one.

I would also like to know.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What stuff get carried over after completing the game?

theultimo

ULTROS! said:
What stuff get carried over after completing the game?
Money and Sword XP once you obtain the swords again. There is a TON of enemies that spawn on the harder mode. I had 10 Clouds by the first dungeon, and 7 bees, with 8-9 spear throwing guys on one screen.

firehawk12 said:
What if the room is empty?
Have you beaten a temple yet? If you have, you cannot finish the event on that playthrough.

mr.beers said:
I would also like to know.
You get
a lucky Mallet
if you clear Blockout's 5 levels without losing any balls. You can also get the
Wing Sword
by clearing the circuits in under 25 secs for the first and 30 secs for the second. There is a uber sword if you perfect everything and get every event.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
theultimo said:

Have you beaten a temple yet? If you have, you cannot finish the event on that playthrough.

Yeah, I have. I see the guy there and he keeps talking about doing a
3d mech game
and there are three other people in the room... but the whole top part of the room is empty.

Is there an actual sign that says development cancelled in the
From cave
?

I did block dash in an hour. I had to focus up full concentration to beat it. I only crashed 1 time. Full speed was sure a challenge.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, a number of the trophies are near impossible. :lol

BTW, in harder mode, besides enemies spawning more, do the enemies hit harder?

UFRA

Ballistictiger said:
What does mini blocks do? Increase magic?

You can use the small blocks to get better swords later.

There is a
secret cave where the "Block King"
is located, and he will trade you swords for X amount of Small Blocks.

ULTROS!

firehawk12 said:
Yeah, I have. I see the guy there and he keeps talking about doing a
3d mech game
and there are three other people in the room... but the whole top part of the room is empty.

Is there an actual sign that says development cancelled in the
From cave
?

AFAIK, that sign should not appear.

Slight spoiler though (regarding items):
if you miss out this event, you won't get the Moonlight sword, which leads to not being able to complete all the weapons, which makes you miss out a trophy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ULTROS! said:

if you miss out this event, you won't get the Moonlight sword, which leads to not being able to complete all the weapons, which makes you miss out a trophy.

So I'm confused... did I start the quest properly then? There is a guy in the cave talking about making a
3d mech game
, but the top part of the room is empty. I'm just confused. :lol

(Someone needs to stop games from having missable quests).

ULTROS!

firehawk12 said:
So I'm confused... did I start the quest properly then? There is a guy in the cave talking about making a
3d mech game

Well the FAQs says this:

Talk to the mech game man in From Cave once more. You must do this before clearing the Flame Temple. By now you should notice a significant increase in the number of people in the cave. If there is a signboard instead, you messed up the event.

UFRA

firehawk12 said:
3d mech game

People will start filling up the room after each time you complete a temple. You need to talk to the man every time you complete a temple to continue the event. So now that you've found him, move on. Nothing new will happen until you finish the next temple.

For example, I have finished the 3rd temple and am on the 4th now. Before entering the 4th, I went into the From Cave and I had 4 people up in the room at the top around the tables.

(Oddly, there were 2 pairs of guys who said the same exact lines. One pair said something about
not making their deadline on time
, and the other pair said something about
how making a 3D game isn't easy
.)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Got you you piece of crap!

5ovwbd.jpg

Took me a few tries, came up with a little strategy that allowed me to do it a couple tries afterward.

Basically, I knew that I couldn't handle full speed for long and crashing slows you down so much, so....

First lap:
Run the whole thing perfectly, not too hard.

Second lap:
Still going fast from the first lap, I go up the right wall, make the left, and then STOP myself before I go down to make the little turn into the forest. You stop yourself by pressing in the opposite direction. So I press to the right, and then immediately run again and finish the lap.
Now I'm not going crazy fast, but fast enough that I can still make time and handle the zig zag tree section.

Third lap:
Same as above.

If you crash once with this method, it's over.
After I thought of trying this method, only took me another two tries to get it.

I got a question I beaten 2 dungeons and there is a door that I can't open because I don't have the key to it. How do I get those keys?

protonion

Very good game. NES Zelda fans will love it.
I don't like the missable side quests. For completionists, this game should be played with a guide.

I'm on my way to the fourth dungeon and I've played for about 4 hours. It's seems like a very short game- ideal for multiple playthroughs. The overworld is small and on top of that there is a teleport item too. I find current games to be extremely time consuming so I love the way this game is designed.

ULTROS!

So yeah, I restarted my game before finishing it. I missed too much events and (possibly in-game spoiler)
a fairy named Ai

poweld

Thanks, guys! I think I'm going to do some more building this evening. It's really fun seeing a creation come to life :)

Host Samurai said:
Fuck it. since nobody is making a Travis Touchdown, I will do it myself once I figure out how this editing thing works.

I saw a few requests for that on GameFAQs too. I'll attempt it tomorrow...

ULTROS!

Can I request Terra or Celes from FFVI? :D

jetsetfluken said:
I saw a few requests for that on GameFAQs too. I'll attempt it tomorrow...

Awesome!! I am going to give it a shot as well but I need a pic for reference. A perfect pic would be an up close shot at the 2d sprite on the bug mini game on NMH 2

TheSeks

27.59 sec.

OMFG, fuck this mini-game. Even if you stop on a dime and slow your roll through the trees, the damn game still gives you 30 seconds or there about with no crashes. WTF. :|

ULTROS! said:

can you do fix this in new game plus? there is a new game plus right? I already have a bunch of the swords and losing out on this one would be annoying.

Linkzg said:
can you do fix this in new game plus? there is a new game plus right? I already have a bunch of the swords and losing out on this one would be annoying.

Yeah there's a new game+

What you do keep:

-Sword levels
-Money
-# of little blocks

What you don't keep:

Everything else. =/

Going to take a break and relax for a bit before I write my review. Cause right at the moment I want to grind this game to dust.

theultimo

darkjedi187 said:
Good lord. I'm on the 4th dungeon. I have missed so much. I might have to start over.
The ng+ has a ton more enemies, but the drop rate. Is the same. Its much easier to get money in from mode.

krumble

So sad... this posted out to me Tuesday but hasn't arrived in time for the weekend...
Alan Wake was posted after and did, so not the end of the world... just have this real RPG thing at the moment

Liberty4all

Banned
Bought yesterday got 2nd last copy.

As soon as the title music hit I got this big stupid grin on my face. That grin not once disappeared as I played for a couple of hours.

Talk about a love note to anyone that ever played on the NES .... I fucking love the old school game mechanics.

Seriously this is like a dream game to me.

Top Bottom