• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

No idea why so many of you want to start your file over because you've missed sidequests. If you're going for the platinum trophy (or as many trophies as possible), you need to do multiple playthroughs anyway.
So just take your time and enjoy the ride your first playthrough. Explore to your heart's content - if you miss something, no stress. That's what additional playthroughs are for and new game+.

Anyway that Solid Snake Box custom hero is one of the best I've seen. :lol Amazing, can't wait to use it.
Maybe I'll edit one of the attack animations so that he has a silenced M9 out, and the "surprise" animation to have the classic MGS "!" above his head.

SonSon2

and I was pleasantly surprised that you could turn off the "grid" effect. That is the one thing that kinda annoyed me with the look. Looks much better this way.

Also I was kinda hoping this would be more open ended and instructionless like a zelda 1. So far I've been directed to the first dungeon and given hint where the second one is. Do things get anymore vague anybody? Can I just walk into the 4th dungeon at the start of the game?

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Yeah there's a new game+

What you do keep:

-Sword levels
-Money
-# of little blocks

What you don't keep:

Everything else. =/

Going to take a break and relax for a bit before I write my review. Cause right at the moment I want to grind this game to dust.

why is levels bolded? you don't keep the actual swords?

Linkzg said:
why is levels bolded? you don't keep the actual swords?

Yep you don't keep the actual swords.

jetsetfluken said:
Sadly it's because some swords are story-related.

Could have let gamers keep the swords gained from turning in little blocks. Instead gamers just get to keep the unused little blocks. Lammmmmmeeeee

Anyway wrote a review: http://pepsimanvsjoe.blogspot.com/2010/05/ps3-look-3d-dot-game-heroes.html

I'll save everyone the trouble of reading it though by saying that while I got some enjoyment out of the game I ultimately don't like it and consider it a waste of time.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Linkzg said:
wait, what about your beast book stuff? don't tell me you have to do all that again. Anything but that.

Unfortunately it won't be carried over.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Linkzg said:
WTF

do you get anything for completing it?

like, can I complete it in this playthrough, then not worry about it in the next if I want everything?

A trophy at least, but im not sure what else...

Just do all of the bestiary before making a new game+. Or you could always have the NG+ as a separate save file. It's not like you only get one slot.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I suggest completing/doing these (that is if you missed trophy related stuff) before going on to the NG+:

- Completing the bestiary including the bosses
- Story related spoiler
Saving the fairies Sue and Ai and sleeping with the princess
, if you miss it...
go for the normal ending and rescue the fairies
- Getting ultimate equips
Hero Shield and the Hero Sword
- Getting 777 Gol
- Saving up your money and not spending it or you can *weapon related spoiler*
upgrade your giga sword
- Saving your small blocks and not spending it.

Having a FAQs would really help because there are a lot of missable events.

Zomba13

Game arrived today and I've made my first hero. Ed Elric.
11c4hur.jpg

53a2b8.jpg

Download here if anyone wants it. http://thegeorama.com/3ddotgameheroes/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=297

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Dash Race....

FFFFFFFF

Anyway, got to the boss of the second temple. Easy enough, until I put the hurt on them. Then they spawn two attacks at the same time. Screws me out of my "no hit" trophy. *sigh*

Need to start upgrading the legendary/hero's sword. Maybe in STR, as it seems I'm not damaging the enemies quickly enough now.

ULTROS!

Anyone experiencing major slowdowns at certain random parts of the game?

Anyway, I just found out this is Silicon Studio's first game since they're a middleware developer. The game looks graphically impressive to me (nice shadowing and lighting, block breaking physics are pretty good).

vocab

ULTROS! said:
Anyone experiencing major slowdowns at certain random parts of the game?

Anyway, I just found out this is Silicon Studio's first game since they're a middleware developer. The game looks graphically impressive to me (nice shadowing and lighting, block breaking physics are pretty good).

Mainly the dungeons, and when the octopus shoot shit at you. Other than that, the game smooth in the overworld.

bunbun777

I installed it as well - have played for apx 10 or more hours, no crashes- 40gig

As to the slowdown- call me crazy but the times it happens is the same time it would happen in Zelda- 3 mobs, some magic projectiles.... sword strike... BLAM!

I too turned off the grid system, thought it was better-- than switched back and like the grids more now. Go figure-

ULTROS! said:
I suggest completing/doing these (that is if you missed trophy related stuff) before going on to the NG+:

- Completing the bestiary including the bosses
- Story related spoiler
Saving the fairies Sue and Ai and sleeping with the princess
, if you miss it...
go for the normal ending and rescue the fairies
- Getting ultimate equips
Hero Shield and the Hero Sword
- Getting 777 Gol
- Saving up your money and not spending it or you can *weapon related spoiler*
upgrade your giga sword
- Saving your small blocks and not spending it.

Having a FAQs would really help because there are a lot of missable events.

I read a guide and it said I can't get
Sue after getting the the final crystal/gem

This kinda pisses me off a lot that unknowingly I lost out on all this stuff. It's not like this is a short game either.

wait,
you need the fairies to get the best ending? COME ON! that's some bullshit

protonion

Finished the fifth dungeon. The boss had like a billion HP! I think I'll need a better sword for the rest of the game. I found Gladius. Great attack but the length with no full health is pathetic.

JoeFu

Banned
Did the first dash circuit, took freaking forever. Kept getting 20.xx times. I even had a freaking 20.02 :( but whatever, finally got a 19.88 though.

Having a little problem with the tower D game though, I take no damage until the bees on wave 23 (i think). The only tower I buy with the crystal is the slow one, everything else goes into +5% interest.

Also, can I request a pikachu?!?! 3d dot pikachu would look so awesome. (nvm found one!)

EDIT: This site is awesome... there's a bunch here

Actually I just ate it on wave 23 and barely got by. I don't know what to do to kill them all. The real trick is to use the first crystals to build your bonus. You want to have 1000g and then just buy and upgrade some missile towers and that should do it.

TheSeks

BobTheFork said:
Actually I just ate it on wave 23 and barely got by. I don't know what to do to kill them all. The real trick is to use the first crystals to build your bonus. You want to have 1000g and then just buy and upgrade some missile towers and that should do it.

Yeah, I start to die at level 17.

The bonus doesn't seem to help except with coin pickups, and the sucking up action doesn't really work well enough, you have to be in a certain range, which sucks when you're trying to level up.

Slow towers around wave 17 is supposed to be the key, but I can't seem to build the slow towers well/quick enough to take on those fast blobs. ARGH.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, I start to die at level 17.

The bonus doesn't seem to help except with coin pickups, and the sucking up action doesn't really work well enough, you have to be in a certain range, which sucks when you're trying to level up.

Slow towers around wave 17 is supposed to be the key, but I can't seem to build the slow towers well/quick enough to take on those fast blobs. ARGH.
Well I never would have beaten the second block defense game if not for the bonunes. I did the whole thing with just 3 towers for a long time, upgrading them and saving money. Near the end I had 3000g and I just started dropping level 4 towers everywhere because it didn't matter. ONE stupid power knight cot by me though so I didn't get the perfect bonus.

I didn't use slow towers on the first area. I killed the fast blobs with a cannon gauntlet.

i don't know - was having a blast with this, but the fifth dungeon really sucked a lot of the fun out of the game for me:

having the switch puzzle, which extends the length of the whole dungeon, reset if not completed in one shot? - not necessary, & not fun...

last dungeon was a chore but otherwise this game was great. Still my second favorite game after ME2 this year. Pretty long too, like, 20+ hours and I didn't do everything.

Probably start new game plus now with a guide to make sure I don't screw things up this time!

bunbun777

Just defeated the Queen Bee with no damage taken, I let out a triumphant 'YES'!

As soon as I did this I instantly beat her no probs:

Use your Iron Shield with full health and stand right in the door you entered. When she shoots her fireballs, gently sway to the left and right, not to far. Let it all hit you just stay positioned correctly. Shields up at all times! Same with the drones- they can not hit you with the shield up- sometimes they get stuck on your shield but stay with it- gets intense!

I love this game.

Chris R

Just got this in the mail. Downloaded a Link... hope it looks as good as it did in the image. Would hate to have to spend a few hours making a perfect version before I can jump in and play :lol

edit: the characters aren't showing up. I just extracted a folder that said PS3 to my USB stick that I use all the time on my PS3 and nothing was there. Do I have to copy the data over or can it read directly from the stick? Folder structure was PS3/SAVEDATA/BLJMstuff :|

TheSeks

Brannon said:
Dash Circuit = 19.88 seconds. WOOHOO!

OMG *hate*

Still can't get anything better than 27 seconds. I hate those trees and the speed. :|

Chris R

Got the characters working... don't look that great really so off to the editor.

Started the main game though and had it "freeze" on me basically right after I gained control of my real character and not the intro dude. Great first impression!

Cth

Here's mine.. first thing I did was fire up the editor :D

It's from memory, so likely someone else will come along and make a better one..

3dhero-optimus-back.jpg

3dhero-optimus-front.jpg

magus

So I'm in the first dungeon. I beat it but I have one locked room I haven't opened. I can't find the key. The room is in the center of the dungeon kinda. Help please I'm tired of going through every room over and over.

magus said:
So I'm in the first dungeon. I beat it but I have one locked room I haven't opened. I can't find the key. The room is in the center of the dungeon kinda. Help please I'm tired of going through every room over and over.
There's one room in that dungeon you cannot open until later in the game.

UFRA

The Forest of No Return has the best music ever!!

I go there every time I play the game just to hear it one more time. :lol

That is all.

Lyonaz

Gonna look for the game today, but I heard most stores here in the Netherlands don't even sell it. And most game-stores are already sold out on the few copies they had.

Hopefully I can find one or will just order online.

Nakazato

Cth said:
Here's mine.. first thing I did was fire up the editor :D

It's from memory, so likely someone else will come along and make a better one..

optimus/img]

[img]Prime
If i see a starscream ill run out and buy it
when i get the money

reminder

Oh man, Amazon germany still doesn't have the game in stock and doesn't know when they will get their copies and my local retailer didn't had any copies, too. :( I just wanted to play the game this weekend...

And next week I'll be busy with RDR...

JoeFu

Banned
TheSeks said:
OMG *hate*

Still can't get anything better than 27 seconds. I hate those trees and the speed. :|

I don't get how you're doing so bad at it. I got 32 seconds my first try and got around 24 my second finish. You can't slow down on purpose you have to go as long as you can without crashing because everytime you turn you gain speed. You can crash on the 2nd lap around the trees and still finish under 20 seconds.

EDIT: Cool Quote!

eXistor

Awesome looking characters there! I wanna make one myself, but I really want to jump in the game when I get it, bot spend an hour making a character, so I'm probably just gonna go with a pre-made one. I hope the game arrives today, I'm gonna go ahead and play this before Alan Wake if it does.

Top Bottom