• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

onken

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread but in the Japanese version you can cheat on the dash races by
charging straight in the starting post
, but they've changed a few things on the English release so it might not work.

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
Omg can someone do 3d dot Buckethead?

I'm trading someone a game for this and should have it in my hands by the end of the week hopefully.
You know what? Just for you I'm working on it

AldoHeath.jpg

AldoHeath_1.jpg

AldoHeath_2.jpg

I have the walking pretty much done, I just want to try and add the guitar swaying left and right. I have no idea what to do for the attack and celebration pose though. Work in Progress

BobTheFork said:
You know what? Just for you I'm working on it

I have the walking pretty much done, I just want to try and add the guitar swaying left and right. I have no idea what to do for the attack and celebration pose though. Work in Progress

:lol Hah! you're awesome!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
LALILULELO said:
After I have found out how and where I can put it, I'll let ya know.

I have created a small website just for hosting 3D Dot Game Heroes characters. It was originally just meant for sharing between users of loading.se (Swedish gaming board), but if there's interest I'd be willing to translate it into English and add a section for NeoGAF creations. The idea of the site is to have a place where you can quickly and easily view and download characters.

Check it out here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6305056/3ddgh/index.html

EDIT: Site translated!

Mest30

Banned
So how the hell do you beat the boss in the aqua temple? I've hit him over 20 times and nothing. Is there a trick to it?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Mest30 said:
So how the hell do you beat the boss in the aqua temple? I've hit him over 20 times and nothing. Is there a trick to it?

Just keep at it.
Not sure if killing the legs count as its life too but i killed alot of the legs and then i would just swipe at the main boss when he would come out of the water.

eznark

Banned
If any of you creative types are looking to create a character, I'd sing your praises if you made a good Milwaukee Brewer

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I can't find the entrance to dungeon 5. D=
Anyone?

Mest30 said:
Just keep attacking the head/body. The legs don't count as part of the "kill." Also, don't try going after the legs unless they are in your way.

onken said:
Sorry I haven't read the whole thread but in the Japanese version you can cheat on the dash races by
charging straight in the starting post
, but they've changed a few things on the English release so it might not work.

Someone confirm is this exploit still works. I really fear trying to get the record times in the dash circuit for that "all swords" trophy.

OH GOD NOOOO!!!!

UFRA

eznark said:
If any of you creative types are looking to create a character, I'd sing your praises if you made a good Milwaukee Brewer

You're from Boston, but your profile lists all of my state's teams as your interests. Previously from WI are you? ;)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so got the game yesterday after a big delay ( thank you Volcanic ash from Iceland ) , completed three temples and did few sidequests..

I love it like it , really like it , it's very fun , old school and very Zelda-ish , it's clearly more Zelda A link to the Past than the first Zelda game I guess , ( but then again I am not a Zelda fan to tell )

I love the save and revive point system , it even keep your money and everything plus recharge your health when you die , it's just perfect for this kind of games.

so far the boss fights are sweet , and the side quest are funny and there is so many interesting things I am even trying to talk to everyone in the in the villages because there are so many funny and interesting stuff ( poof poof :lol ).

so yeah I don't know why in hell this is failed big time in Japan , but it's one awesome sweet game.

sidenote:
the paper manual is awesome but I think it was better to use bad traditional Artwork like old Zeldas instead of digital.

UFRA

Can anyone confirm what the poofpoofing does by the way?

I went there once when I was low on health to see if it would heal me but it didn't. What does it do???

I feel violated!!

Johnas

Quick question on the Dash minigame:

I'm currently playing the Monaco Circuit. Is there any way to go back and play the Block Circuit, apart from doing so on a new game plus? Doesn't seem like there is. I didn't quite get #1 on the Block Circuit, I got 20.42 and moved on.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Shard said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL3qVfemEp4

This is a journalistic video game review of 3D Dot Game Heros for the Playstation 3 from Classic Game Room HD.
17-bit :lol :lol
Good review

I'm debating whether or not to get this. I never could bring myself to play Zelda on snes more than the first 2-3 hrs for some reason but I've beaten and enjoyed countless other rpgs. Would you still recommend this?

celcius said:
17-bit :lol :lol
Good review

I'm debating whether or not to get this. I never could bring myself to play Zelda on snes more than the first 2-3 hrs for some reason but I've beaten and enjoyed countless other rpgs. Would you still recommend this?
What did you not like about Zelda, 'cuz this is basically the exact same gameplay.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Jet Grind Radio! said:
What did you not like about Zelda, 'cuz this is basically the exact same gameplay.
The gameplay was fine, for some reason I never did like the game though. Perhaps I'll give this a try.

UFRA

mikespit1200 said:
How do I get down to the desert temple? I can't seem to figure out the path on all these quicksand treadmills.

Go between the cacti and the rocks. There's always a pair of them along the way, go between them.

You want to end up in the Southwest corner of that quicksand map to progress towards the temple.

Johnas

mikespit1200 said:
How do I get down to the desert temple? I can't seem to figure out the path on all these quicksand treadmills.

When you see two cacti, go between them. It's sometimes a little hard to see which way some of the sand is going.

eznark

Banned
UFRA said:
You're from Boston, but your profile lists all of my state's teams as your interests. Previously from WI are you? ;)
I'll always be from Wisconsin, and consider myself a Wisconsinite. When I joined GAF I was living in Boston.

Chris R

Just got to dungeon 3. So far, loving the game. Can't wait to get some different swords and other items.
I can eventually kill the magical beings with a weapon right? I hate the stupid reflect spell

I finished my buckethead and I think it turned out pretty good. I don't have a way of getting it off my ps3 right this second, I need to find my usb stick.. I'll put it up on megaupload when I do.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
One of my favorite lines:

Guy: "I have something long and thick for you"
*You get a Giga Sword!

steveovig

Hey guys, I need some help as I'm stuck on progressing the story. I got the fifth orb and
they told me to find the sage and I've been to like three places. They said he's at the Aqua Temple but I can't find him anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find this SOB so I can head onto getting the last orb?

EDIT: Sorry if I spoiled anything before, thanks for the help guys.

steveovig said:
Hey guys, I need some help as I'm stuck on progressing the story. I got the fifth orb and
They said he was at the aqua SAGE not temple. you need to go to the town south on the castle and go to her house.
[

steveovig said:
Hey guys, I need some help as I'm stuck on progressing the story. I got the fifth orb and they told me to find the sage and I've been to like three places. They said he's at the Aqua Temple but I can't find him anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find this SOB so I can head onto getting the last orb?

EDIT: How the hell do I put spoiler tags onto some of my post?
[/spoiler With the last "]" on it.

rhfb said:
Just got to dungeon 3. So far, loving the game. Can't wait to get some different swords and other items.
I can eventually kill the magical beings with a weapon right? I hate the stupid reflect spell

The spell is fine. Just activate it once and let them come at you. They'll be gone in seconds.

BTW the game frooze on my for the first time last night some 5 hours in. Just a random freeze in a dungeon. Annoyingly I forgot to save so I've lost about 30 mins work getting there. Wish there was an auto save feature.

Just got a bigger/powerful sword now so I'm rocking.

Have to say though, and this applies to Zelda type games too, the dungeon parts of these games are my least favourite bits. I much prefer to be out on the world map exploring and finding things. I really enjoying searching about and finding caves and chests. Dungeons always feels tedious and boring for me.

Cruzader

Banned
So can we switch our "hero" during the SP? Like if I want to change to a different fan made character, I would have to start a new game to load it or can I load it on my current progress?

I still haven't received my pre-order (;_;), but apparently you can select a new character every time you load a save game.

Update: The mailman just arrived and brought me both 3D Dot Game Heroes and Nier. Yay!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Cruzader said:
So can we switch our "hero" during the SP? Like if I want to change to a different fan made character, I would have to start a new game to load it or can I load it on my current progress?

Every time you load a save you get asked if you want to switch characters. So, no need to start the game over. You can't switch on the fly though, only when loading a save.

Top Bottom