• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

Volcynika

BobTheFork said:
No offense but since GS is likely going to call tomorrow the 'ship date' and not have it until Wednesday, I hope everyone has to wait until then.

Amazon's too pro for those shenanigans.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
unlike very "Western-style" game like Demon's Souls or Folklore , this was "classic/retro style RPG/Zelda clone that did one of the worst number ever on PS3 in Japan , the retro style games do well in Japan , there is must be something wrong with it that let Japanese player avoid it.
That's ridiculous. The quality of a game and its success in the marketplace are often quite unrelated.

Great games have failed plenty of times while the reverse has just as often been true.

Alright, at first I thought GS would be getting the game in Wednesay (ship date Tueday, arrives Wed. noon), but now the Gamestop website is claiming the game is now shipping.

So, that would mean most US GS stores will have it in tomorrow?

jetsetfluken said:
Alright, at first I thought GS would be getting the game in Wednesay (ship date Tueday, arrives Wed. noon), but now the Gamestop website is claiming the game is now shipping.

Honestly I doubt it. The orders say usually ship in 24 hours so if you order today it will ship tomorrow.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
jetsetfluken said:

All of those 3d dot game heroes videos from Youtube all end with it saying "In stores 5/11/2010" so it should definitely be in stores tomorrow.

Still no robo-call from Gamestop yet though for me...

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
All of those 3d dot game heroes videos from Youtube all end with it saying "In stores 5/11/2010" so it should definitely be in stores tomorrow.

Still no robo-call from Gamestop yet though for me...

No call/text for me either yet, just remembered I preordered this months and months ago when the NA version was announced.

In the meantime, I want to get some stuff clear. I played about 75% way through the story in the Japanese version, and was waiting for the NA version for my ultimate file...
- Pre-made character edits from the JP version - is that data going to be compatible with the NA version?
- I read awhile ago that Atlus' NA localization will include most of the JP DLC (which weren't free) as well as a few other extras such as the big JP version update (install option, load screen images gallery, etc). Can anyone run down a list of all the things that are going to be included on-disc on the NA version, and what content isn't?
Just want to make sure I won't be missing any content that was DLC for the JP version (my version is actually HK and isn't compatible with the JP Store content...stupid me)

BeeDog

As the post above mentions, Atlus has supposedly stuffed the JP DLC on the disc as standard, but what about the EU version? Will it mirror Atlus' version, or...?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a PS3 on Friday with Demon's Souls. This is gonna be number 2. Apparently my PS3 is a From Software box.

The local Best Buys are all showing the game as "available" on the website. Gonna have to check it out when I get out of work.

legbone

about the best buy situation. something is screwy with the site. it is showing alan wake as available now but i called and they said no sale until the 18th. so i bet it's not on the floor.

Mafro

My UK copy was dispatched by ShopTo today. Post has been a bit dodgy recently, but I should hopefully have it tomorrow.

Chairhome

At best buy, you can try to order on the site and do in store pick up. I've done it before, but once, I went to pick it up and they told me they couldn't sell it to me (which I would think would happen with Alan Wake). But I game like this is probably not Street Dated.

And I just got my confirmation e-mail that my Amazon order is shipping! :-D

Yay! My copy will be here tomorrow. I really can't wait...I work 'til 9 tomorrow...but trust me, all night will be a dot herothon, lol.

Volcynika

Stupid question: Does this game have multiple save files? My brother really wants to play it too, but of course different save files would make him able to play it while I'm at work.

Volcynika said:
Stupid question: Does this game have multiple save files? My brother really wants to play it too, but of course different save files would make him able to play it while I'm at work.
why not tell him to create a new profile on the ps3?

The OoT thread gave me a reallly bad need to play Link's Awakening, hoping this can satisfy it.

Anyone have any idea how long it is?

Freyjadour said:
The OoT thread gave me a reallly bad need to play Link's Awakening, hoping this can satisfy it.

Anyone have any idea how long it is?
It's 10-15 hours long according to the reviews at RPGamer.

lupinko

Volcynika said:

Yes it does, and yes it has different save files for each created character.

So say you make Mario and play through most of your game as him, but then decide to make Link, you can use Link to play through the rest of your game without having to restart.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Looks like it's not street dated :(
It never is and I swear nobody at GS even understands when I try to ask them. "yeah why does every single game have a listed date on Tuesday but half the games you sell don't come out until the next day?" "that's the ship date" "It's the same for EVERY title listed, how do you knows what a ship date and what a release date" "no, it's the ship date" ARRR! sure didn't have to wait until Wednesday for Gow3 or ff13 or JC2 but no Yakuza and dot heroes and Demon's Souls are all late :p

Dragnet

Yay, my copy arrived today! Been having fun with it so far..I just don't know where to go or what to do! And before you have a go at me, I never played the old-ass Zeldas, so this is all new to me.

I want some character files to download too!

George said:
Got the robot call from GS saying my preorder will be in tomorrow afternoon =D
Ugh I hope so. I have a single final left that ends at 5. All I want to do is pick up this game, some blunt wraps and a bottle of scotch and play straight until thursayd.

Johnas

I just pre-ordered at Gamestop about half an hour ago, dude told me to expect it sometime around noon or so tomorrow (Tuesday).

So Tuesday arrival looks pretty safe.

Dragnet said:
Yay, my copy arrived today! Been having fun with it so far..I just don't know where to go or what to do! And before you have a go at me, I never played the old-ass Zeldas, so this is all new to me.

You should go back and play Zelda 1 after finishing 3D Dot Heroes. To see the huge influence, as well as enjoy a still magnificent game.

BobTheFork said:
It never is and I swear nobody at GS even understands when I try to ask them. "yeah why does every single game have a listed date on Tuesday but half the games you sell don't come out until the next day?" "that's the ship date" "It's the same for EVERY title listed, how do you knows what a ship date and what a release date" "no, it's the ship date" ARRR! sure didn't have to wait until Wednesday for Gow3 or ff13 or JC2 but no Yakuza and dot heroes and Demon's Souls are all late :p
It used to be that ALL dates were the ship dates, outside of the few street dated titles. Very rarely would a game actually come in on the date it is listed that wasn't street dated.

Volcynika

Make-A-Hero Contest revealed

Rules and links!

http://www.3ddotgameheroes.com/hallofheroes/

http://www.3ddotgameheroes.com/hallofheroes/contestrules.html

Winners will be chosen at the discretion of Atlus U.S.A., Inc. Ratings and comments have no bearing on the selection of winners. One (1) first place winner will receive one (1) Amazon game code worth $100.00 USD, valid for merchandise in the video games department on Amazon.com. Five (5) second place winners will each receive one (1) Amazon game code worth $25.00 USD, valid for merchandise in the video games department on Amazon.com

3ddotgameheroes_faithful_hallofheroes_1e_a.jpg
3ddotgameheroes_faithful_hallofheroes_1e_b.jpg

Teknoman

Ordered it from Best Buy, and my Product Description says this:

JACK OF ALL GAMES ENTERTAIN-PS3-3 DOT GAMES HEROES-PlayStation 3

Better not mess up my order.

Top Bottom