• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3D DOT GAME HEROES |OT|! Once upon a time in 8-bit....

Dragnet

Ok, having an awesome time with the game now. Just completed the first dungeon and boss, tons of fun! Also just created my first character, a zombie hand sticking out of a mud pile in the ground, and when he attacks the torso of a zombie leaps up with his arms out! Raaa!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dragnet said:
Ok, having an awesome time with the game now. Just completed the first dungeon and boss, tons of fun! Also just created my first character, a zombie hand sticking out of a mud pile in the ground, and when he attacks the torso of a zombie leaps up with his arms out! Raaa!
Wow, that's brilliant! You should enter that contest thingy.

I'm going with the Cube of Meat myself.

My copy has been dispatched. I went with the cheapo free shipping but if Amazon is as cool as they were when Demon's Souls dropped (this, meaning if there's a distributor close by), I should still have it by weekend.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Mine's coming from Amazon. I suppose I'll have it tonight or tomorrow.
Still think it might have been a mistake to order it, however. :/

Hoping my EB has enough copies today. Didn't preorder and this doesn't seem like the type of game that would have large numbers of shipped copies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DoctorWho said:
Hoping my EB has enough copies today. Didn't preorder and this doesn't seem like the type of game that would have large numbers of shipped copies.

Unless it becomes a cult/Demon's Souls following, it's why I pre-ordered.

Oh, yeah, and Atlus: Which generally doesn't print more than a few thousand copies for pre-orders. :lol

legbone

man, i feel a sore throat coming on. maybe a little bit of a cough. i may have to take some sick leave from work around 10 (just a coincidence that is when gamestop opens i swear).

denomes

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Unless of couse, if it sells really well.

So, BUY BUY BUY!

That's a cool avatar! What's it from?

EDIT: Oh, it changed in the time it took me to post. I was referring to the black-haired cartoon lady.

I should be picking up my copy today (in Toronto), and putting a preorder down on Red Dead.

Alright, so I guess a few of you got your hands on the game, and I'm targeting those of you that also played the JP version.

As you know, the JP version got 4 pieces of DLC - Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3 and Vol. 4. Each has multiple pieces of content such as minigames/expansions to minigames, the "classic dungeon", etc.
I know some of them are, but I heard not all of them all. And I believe the "classic dungeon" may not be on it.

So, I want to know how much of this is on the disc on the US version.

Here's a handy list of what's included on-disc on the US version that I know of (and don't know of):

• JP software update that included install option, load screen gallery, etc. - YES
  • DLC Vol. 1 - ???
  • DLC Vol. 2 - ???
  • DLC Vol. 3 - ???
  • DLC Vol. 4 - ???
  • Pre-made custom characters that were either JP custom downloads or are new from Atlus - YES
  • From Software preorder bonus disc content that included a batch of pre-made characters, such as From Software's Link design - ???
  • Ability to download and use custom character files from the JP version - ???

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
jetsetfluken said:
Alright, so I guess a few of you got your hands on the game, and I'm targeting those of you that also played the JP version.

As you know, the JP version got 4 pieces of DLC - Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3 and Vol. 4. Each has multiple pieces of content such as minigames/expansions to minigames, the "classic dungeon", etc.
I know some of them are, but I heard not all of them all. And I believe the "classic dungeon" may not be on it.

Here's a handy list of what's included on-disc on the US version that I know of (and don't know of):

JP software update that included install option, load screen gallery, etc. - YES
DLC Vol. 1 - ???
DLC Vol. 2 - ???
DLC Vol. 3 - ???
DLC Vol. 4 - ???
Pre-made custom characters that were either JP custom downloads or are new from Atlus - YES
From Software preorder bonus disc content that included a batch of pre-made characters, such as From Software's Link design - ???
Ability to download custom character files from the JP version - ???

You would think at least ONE of the reviews out there would've mentioned what's in the US release...guess we wait and see.

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
You would think at least ONE of the reviews out there would've mentioned what's in the US release...guess we wait and see.

Most of the US reviewers don't even have much prior knowledge of the game besides Atlus' teasers, and more than likely no idea there was even DLC for the JP version.
What most of them do know how to do however, is point out "flaws" and nitpick.

Cru Jones

jetsetfluken said:
Most of the US reviewers don't even have much prior knowledge of the game besides Atlus' teasers, and more than likely no idea there was even DLC for the JP version.
What most of them do know how to do however, is point out "flaws" and nitpick.

Isn't that their job? I don't know about you, but I enjoy reading a review where they nitpick. I want to know every flaw and then I can decide for myself whether or not it is a big deal to me.

jetsetfluken said:

• JP software update that included install option, load screen gallery, etc. - YES
  • DLC Vol. 1 - ???
  • DLC Vol. 2 - ???
  • DLC Vol. 3 - ???
  • DLC Vol. 4 - ???
  • Pre-made custom characters that were either JP custom downloads or are new from Atlus - YES
  • From Software preorder bonus disc content that included a batch of pre-made characters, such as From Software's Link design - ???
  • Ability to download and use custom character files from the JP version - ???
I've noticed mention New Game + in the US version, but I don't remember hearing about that when the JP version released. Was it a part of one of the DLC packs?

Just one more thing to add to your list of clarifications.

Just called gamestop, and my pre-order is in and I'll be picking it up soon. Anyone know where I can find some characters from the JP version? I can try loading them up and see if they work.

I haven't made a "Day One" game purchase in a long time, but... today is the day I should theoretically be able to pick this up in stores? Correct?

Volcynika

Spike Spiegel said:
I haven't made a "Day One" game purchase in a long time, but... today is the day I should theoretically be able to pick this up in stores? Correct?

Seems some stores are getting it today, just call in advance to be sure.

Slaylock

Trophy list: http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/3d-dot-game-heroes-english/trophies/

Slice and Diced! - Defeated a foe with a sword.
Bullseye! - Defeated a foe with a bow.
Demolitionist! - Defeated a foe with a bomb.
Getting the Hang of It? - Played the game for five hours.
Defender! - Guarded an attack.
A Formidable Foe Has Fallen! - Defeated a Guardian.
It's Magic! - Used a Shader Magic.
Life is Precious! - Maxed out the LIFE bar.
Master Magician! - Maxed out the MAGIC bar.
Booked a Monster! - Booked a monster in the Bestiary.
Forged a Sword! - Made your sword stronger at the blacksmith.
You Made a Friend! - Made a character model.
Souvenir Photoshoot! - Took a snapshot.
Around the World! - Visited all maps.
Bestiary Complete! - Booked all monsters in the Bestiary.
All Swords Obtained! - Acquired all the swords.
Congratulations! - Congratulations! Thank you for playing this far!

The rest of the trophies are hidden.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Slaylock said:
Trophy list: http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/3d-dot-game-heroes-english/trophies/

Slice and Diced! - Defeated a fow with a sword.
Bullseye! - Defeated a fow with a bow.
Demolitionist! - Defeated a fow with a bomb.
Getting the Hang of It? - Played the game for five hours.
Defender! - Guarded an attack.
A Formidable Foe Has Fallen! - Defeated a Guardian.
It's Magic! - Used a Shader Magic.
Life is Precious! - Maxed out the LIFE bar.
Master Magician! - Maxed out the MAGIC bar.
Booked a Monster! - Booked a monster in the Bestiary.
Forged a Sword! - Made your sword stronger at the blacksmith.
You Made a Friend! - Made a character model.
Souvenir Photoshoot! - Took a snapshot.
Around the World! - Visited all maps.
Bestiary Complete! - Booked all monsters in the Bestiary.
All Swords Obtained! - Acquired all the swords.
Congratulations! - Congratulations! Thank you for playing this far!

The rest of the trophies are hidden.

Are these different than the Japanese ones? I looked at them before and these seem new...Is there a platinum? Can't see site from work...

chifanpoe

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Got my gamestop robocall last night. Today's going to be a long workday!!!!

I did not get a robo call lastnight from Gamestop. I am going to call them and see if they are coming today or tomorrow at my store...

update: Just called them, it is in today, but late afternoon. They said 3 pre-orders and 3 extra copies.

Okita from the Shinsengumi as a pre-loaded character.

God, I'm in the intro and I already love this game.

BTW, got my Amazon copy at 12 today, I'm in VA.

Ok, this is crunch time!
I have a DataBase final in 3 hours.
I have to finish and annotate my project portfolio.
I have to do a small MS access assignment
Then it's GO time!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
George said:
Got the robo call lastnight from GameStop, Went today to pick it up and they told me tomorrow =(

Got my call last nite, and i just called my GS....they got their shipment and aside from preorders, they only got 2 extra copies. If you didnt preorder, and want this, you might want to hurry and make sure you get your copy.

Mafro

Played up until after the first dungeon, this looks stunning. I love all the references to retro games, especially that blue Dragon Quest slime in the village :lol

MvmntInGrn said:
I've noticed mention New Game + in the US version, but I don't remember hearing about that when the JP version released. Was it a part of one of the DLC packs?

Just one more thing to add to your list of clarifications.

Just called gamestop, and my pre-order is in and I'll be picking it up soon. Anyone know where I can find some characters from the JP version? I can try loading them up and see if they work.

I'll be getting my US copy tomorrow, so I'll check that out too. Don't know if JP ver had NG+ since I only got up to the last dungeon before deciding I'd make my "master file" on the US version.
And no, I don't think a NG+ option was part of one of the DLC packs.

Oh, and the trophy list is the same as the JP version, obviously. Don't know why some people are confused.

Anyway as more people get the US version I'd like to confirm what pieces of DLC from the JP version are in, and what aren't.
I'm just getting a little afraid that if something isn't in (like the rumored classic dungeon DLC), Atlus I believe stated there won't be DLC for the US version.
Hope I'm wrong. In addition to the missed DLC from the JP version, they could also put up (free) custom character packs on the PS Store.

PuppetSlave said:
Aww... That kinda killed my interest to be honest. Not day one at least.

What? To think even GAFers are still reliant on reviews and impressions to decide if they buy it or not...make up your own mind. Don't be so naive.

(and seriously, screw Eurogamer and their pessimistic, soulless, robotic observations on almost everything)

Top Bottom