• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

I finished ALBW the other day (incredible game. I just got back into Fantasy Life which I'm 55 hours into. It's a very long game and I'm not sure if I'd classify it as fun at this point, but it's certainly relaxing.

Jumping back and forth with Kid Icarus finishing its treasure hunts and Project X Zone new game Plus. Trying to find the motivation to get back into pokemon. :/

Zornica

Banned
Catching up with all the eShop stuff I had sitting on my system forever...
- Fractured Soul (just finished)
- Starship Damrey (just started)
and after that:
- liberation maiden
- Crimson Shroud
- Zelda Seasons&Ages
and maybe Nano assault.

Tygamr

Playing A Link Between Worlds and Pokemon Y, though Pokemon is on the back burner. Barely touch my 3DS though, thanks to my Vita. Pretty much only play Zelda once a week.

probably going to finish off Pokemon Y in the coming days, but not going to touch the device again until I have a pair of long flights where I'll play Bravely Default. If it's as good as I hope it to be, it'll make my Kindle an unnecessary addition to my luggage

Majestad

Banned
Retro City Rampage DX. Disappointed that there's no 3D, but it's a great port. All the little improvements show and make it a better experience than what I played of it in the past.

New Super Mario Bros - Having played world 1 of 2 and Wii this feels a bit on the familiar side...but I figured I should progress with the series in order.
Steel Diver - No operations guide. Guess that is eShop only (but who would pay £40 to find out). So-so and feels a bit cobbled together.
Advance Wars Dual Strike - "hard" campaign (it lets you use any 2 CO on any mission). Mission 11 is starting to step things a little but it has nothing on the hard Advance wars 1 or 2.
Art Style: AQITE - aka pause buffer the puzzle game (you can pause and see nearly the whole board), a good thing too as it is the only way I am surviving as the difficulty ramps up quickly.

MBR

Banned
I transferred my team from Black 2 to Pokémon Y a couple of days ago.
Other than that I'm waiting for enough free time to start Bravery Default, and I try to keep up with ALBW speedrun strategies.

Guru-Guru

Banned
About to start the new Kirby 3DS game. Living in Japan finally pays off...I still remember last year when Link Between Worlds came out 1 month LATER in Japan, rather than earlier!

Majestad

Banned
Bumping since there are more new games out.

I'm still taking my sweet time with Bravely Default and loving it. I also play some Pokemon Trozei every now and then and my current game is:

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Really cool game guys, you should check it out.

GeekyDad

Just bought a couple of copies (finally) of HM A New Beginning. Needed a carefree, relaxing game right now. Like it, as I enjoy the Harvest Moon series, but it has its problems. I think some fans are a little too forgiving of certain things.

Sadist

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

Fun game, it introduces a new mechanic in the courtroom sections which I enjoy.

jblank83

Ace Attorney Dual Destinies - It's my favorite Ace Attorney game ever, so far. For reference, I've played the originally trilogy. 3D models and animations are fantastic. Story and dialog are fun. Gameplay is not quite as challenging as the original trilogy, but is respectable and has more variety.

Currently playing Etrian Odyssey IV.

Before that ALBW, SMT IV and FE:A. I've sunk probably 60 hours in each of these games. My next game has to be something short that won't keep me busy for months. Although I'm thinking of Bravely Default, which seems to be another long ass game.

Majestad

Banned
Currently playing Etrian Odyssey IV.

Before that ALBW, SMT IV and FE:A. I've sunk probably 60 hours in each of these games. My next game has to be something short that won't keep me busy for months. Although I'm thinking of Bravely Default, which seems to be another long ass game.

If you want a sweet, 7 hour JRPG, you should check Crimson Shroud on the eShop.

Vlade

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball.

I have no idea what to think about it. He gave me one of his children. I will give it this, I have never had an experience quite like it. I will probably play a little more even.

I've decided to replay the professor layton series before jumping into Azran Legacy. So I'm in the middle of curious village right now.
Also playing spurts of pokemon battle trozei in between. That is a fun game but its not one I sit down and play for very long at a time.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
update

inazuma ogre and ace attorney 5

bravely default in the background

UPDATE

still playing Bravely Default, but I've just bought Layton VS AA!!!
Plus, I'm lucky and I've got a review code for Pocket Football Club!!! ;p

Skelter

Banned
I'm taking a break from Bravely Default for now and Pokémon. Pokémon is pretty much finished though. I have over 30 IV bred EV trained Pokémon that I use to battle with online or against friends. Screw OU 'mons. Started playing the first Pheonix Wright game and plan on starting a lttp thread after I finish the second one. Game is awesome! 999 really made me experiment with visual novels.

Hmm. 4 more days makes it so I've had this thing for a month, and in that time I've beaten Mario 3D completely. I only beat Donkey Kong, so I'll be coming back to that over time. I have Etrian Odyssey 4 for the long run, and I think I'll buy Mario Kart today. For downloads, I only have Links Awakening and I just beat the first dungeon. Pokemon X is my girlfriends file so I'm not considering that at all.

Mario Kart here I come. After I play that, I'm not sure what to buy after. I'll probably get VLR second, then NSMB2 after that.

Currently playing a few too many, trying to narrow and focus. I hate having too many games in progress, but always end up doing it. As it stands it looks like I'm wrapping up Yumi's Odd Odyssey, Code of Princess, and Yoshi's New Island, deep in the middle of Airport Hero Hawaii, and starting new files in Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, 7th Dragon, Mario Kart 7 and Pilotwings Resort (very underrated, imo).

Tom_Cody

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Bravely Default
The Mii Plaza Street Pass games (eternally)
And now Rusty's Real Deal Baseball

I have my icons set to the second largest size so only 4 titles are fully visible at a time. I have more titles that I want to spend more time with but I keep those stored in folders. I like the clarity that comes with opening-up my system and seeing just those very few titles.

I'm currently playing a lot of Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Both games are incredible!

I have Pokemon Y, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, and A Link Between Worlds, but I have yet to play any of them and likely won't for a while yet considering how much I'm loving the two I'm into at the moment.

It WOULD BE Bravely Default but I let my fiance' start it first. She loves FF games. I figured she'd play it for a bit, maybe OD on it a little ... she's played since launch a while each night. And when I asked her how far she had gotten I was greeted with "I just started Chapter 2, look how cute my little guys are!".

/sigh

Won't be starting this one for a while, lol.

3bdelilah

Banned
Finished Zelda ALBW a week or two ago, I'm now playing OOT 3D (almost at the end,
just the Spirit Temple
). Loving every bit of my 3DS so far. :) I started with Super Mario 3D Land, which I liked a loooot more than I thought I would. Other than that, I'm not too sure if I'll get much more playtime out of it.

Games I'm planning to buy for sure:

Super Mario Bros. 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (doubting between this or the Wii version)
Luigi's Mansion 2.

I really don't like turn based JRPG's, so that kind of narrows it down. Also no MK7, because I rarely play online and playing MK by yourself is... not very fun, I think. :p Still not sure whether I should play the DS Zelda's or not, the constant swiping to move doesn't sound good at all. I did play Phantom Hourglass a year or six ago, quite enjoyed it but I standards were very low at the time. And I don't seem to remember a lot about it. Sure would like an actual 3DS port with analog stick movement.

Any other games I could check out?

I'm juggling New Leaf, Pokemon X, Fire Emblem, and Kid Icarus.

New Lead aside, I really should've started one after the other but I have no self control.

I'm actually experimenting my first game drought since I got the system in september 2012.
Yoshi or Kirby don't interest me.
I am waiting for shovel knight.

Koppai

I'm actually experimenting my first game drought since I got the system in september 2012.
Yoshi or Kirby don't interest me.
I am waiting for shovel knight.

What all do you own for the system, maybe we can recommend you some games?

Did you try Bravely Default or Zelda: A Link Between Worlds yet?

Lombax

Banned
finished Bravely default 2 weeks ago. now playing

CT%20Box%20Art.jpg

Xeno_V

Nothing and this saddens me.
I had an awesome year in 2013 with so many great games.
Now I don't have too much free time so BD is not an option and besides this I don't see any other interesting recent releases and the upcoming games lists also seem to be on the poor side.

I might try Layton vs PW, I don't see anything else that interests me.
Come on Nintendo where's the 1st party stuff? Probably all their resources went to the Wii U in recent months and all we got was a new Yoshi game :(.

llehuty

I'm hooked right now with Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm going every day late to bed because of it. I can't believe it has been almost a year in my backlog. SO DAMN GOOD.

Top Bottom