• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

guek

Banned
Bravely default. I was planning on playing eo4 after but i might be a bit burned out on RPGs for awhile. Not sure what I should go for next

I'm hooked right now with Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm going every day late to bed because of it. I can't believe it has been almost a year in my backlog. SO DAMN GOOD.

FEA is the best game I've played in the last 2-3 years

Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario & Luigi Dream Team and Yoshi New Island

Ace Attornay 5 is winking at me.

Stil have to finish Bravely Default too...

And then I even haven't started at my true backlog...

Sakwoff

Got a 3DS XL only recently, and for some reason have mostly been playing GB games on VC.

Right now I'm playing Wario Land 2. Initially I was really disappointed, especially since I consider the first Wario Land to be one of the best games for the Gameboy, and one of the best Nintendo platformers in general. Removing damage entirely and forcing you into strictly playing the levels in order were just two of the many things that rubbed me the wrong way. I also found the "guess the number" minigame after each level to be tremendously stupid.

I find myself warming up to it though. Still no SML3, but a pretty cool game in its own right once you get used to it.

Cyrus_Saren

Bravely Default although I stopped since Dark Souls II and Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster came out. Probably will be going back and playing it a bit this upcoming week.

RM8

I'm honestly not experiencing a drought. Once I'm done with Yoshi I still have Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Kirby, Shovel Knight, Yumi's Odyssey and a pretty intimidating backlog (I'll start with Devil Survivor Overclocked, it's been sitting on my collection since Code of Princess was released).

Anyone else playing Steel Diver Sub Wars? I'm addicted. It's a cool game, feels very old school Nintendo.

There's nothing coming out that interests me at the moment. In fact I can't think of a single announced 3DS game that I want. Hopefully that changes come E3.

Switching between Mario Kart 7 and Animal Crossing New Leaf. I'll add Mario Golf Toadstool Tour next month.

This should keep me occupied until the fall, where I hope to grab a bunch of stuff.

I want to try Princess code but it's still too expensive. I don't know if it will get more expensive down the line. I guess I should purchase soon.

Yoshis new island

nothing will ever top the first one but im having fun with it, 101 lives though lol, better then the DS yoshi

I wish i had those +10/+20 star cards though, would help me 100% levels

Nothing and this saddens me.
I had an awesome year in 2013 with so many great games.
Now I don't have too much free time so BD is not an option and besides this I don't see any other interesting recent releases and the upcoming games lists also seem to be on the poor side.

I might try Layton vs PW, I don't see anything else that interests me.
Come on Nintendo where's the 1st party stuff? Probably all their resources went to the Wii U in recent months and all we got was a new Yoshi game :(.

Are there any previous games that you missed out on/forgot about?

quo

Bravely Default. Due to dealing with my PS+ backlog, I took so long just to get started and I had nearly built all of Norende by the time I got the
thief
job. I am flying through it now and having a blast.

Chaos17

plvsaa.jpg

killatopak

Gold Member
I've been playing MH3U. I switch it around with my Vita though. When one charges I play the other. Something about playing while charging makes the battery wear down. Don't know if it's true but it's never bad to be safe.

Linkark07

Banned
Restarted Etrian Odyssey Untold on Classic Mode and also playing Rune Factory 4.

As soon as my Etrian Odyssey 3 copy arrive I will start playing it instead of Untold.

jamsy

Playing Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies and A Link Between Worlds at the same time.

Phoenix Wright has been...OK. Honestly I thought it was gonna be better. I'm about halfway through the game. The cases seem to drag on for way too long.

Zelda has been entertaining. It's my first Zelda since...Wind Waker (I bought and played Twilight Princess on the GC for about 45 mins, so I'm not counting that) and it's been quite enjoyable so far. Plus, hearing some familiar tunes (Kakariko Village) brings back good memories. It's nice how the game doesn't hold your hand and forces you to figure out what to do and where to go for a change.

Blues1990

I've been playing Attack of the Friday Monsters, and I'm ashamed that I haven't played this game when it was first-released. From what I have played, it's a phenomenal experience.

I'm also been playing the StreetPass games, as I'm trying to acquire all of the tickets, with Monster Manor & Warrior's Way being (almost) completed.

Velcro Fly

Started Mario & Luigi: Dream Team on Monday. About 10 hours in now and enjoying it for the most part. Not sure why I expected bad things. It's really fun and at certain points really funny. I know I have a lot of game left too judging by areas I haven't visited. Just a 2013 game that slipped through the cracks that I didn't really play!

And of course Animal Crossing every day! Up over 260 hours on activity log now.

Thinking about finally spending that $30 eShop credit I got last year on some VC games.

maxcriden

Finished Zelda ALBW a week or two ago, I'm now playing OOT 3D (almost at the end,
just the Spirit Temple
). Loving every bit of my 3DS so far. :) I started with Super Mario 3D Land, which I liked a loooot more than I thought I would. Other than that, I'm not too sure if I'll get much more playtime out of it.

Games I'm planning to buy for sure:

Super Mario Bros. 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (doubting between this or the Wii version)
Luigi's Mansion 2.

Any other games I could check out?

If you don't mind the shake-to-roll mechanic, DKCR Wii is a bit more fluid. It's not my thing and I don't mind the 30 fps--I think it works pretty darn well with controlling DK--and I like the extra content, so I personally prefer DKCR 3D.

As for recommendations, I love the Mario & Luigi series so I'd recommend Dream Team, or Paper Mario which I thought got a bad rap but was a lot of fun and offered many hours of enjoyment. I've been playing Kid Icarus: Uprising and loving it so I'd recommend that one, too. Mutant Mudds and Steamworld Dig are really good eShop games, though the former is pretty obscenely difficult IMO. Speaking of which, if you like hard platformers, the original Rayman is on the eShop. You have to make sure to get the right one, though. There's one that's just the GBC version which is just okay, then the full port of the original is also available, and that's the one I would recommend. (There are also plenty of other VC titles, and plenty of DS titles, but those would be my mostly 3DS exclusive recommendations.)

Started Mario & Luigi: Dream Team on Monday. About 10 hours in now and enjoying it for the most part. Not sure why I expected bad things. It's really fun and at certain points really funny. I know I have a lot of game left too judging by areas I haven't visited. Just a 2013 game that slipped through the cracks that I didn't really play!

It's a really terrific and under-appreciated game that got a bad rap from a vocal group who disliked the tutorializing in the game. You've already gotten past the most egregiously tutorial-heavy sections and you have lots of awesomeness ahead of you. I clocked about 55 hrs in the game and still have some side quest stuff I didn't get to (although I'd like to at some point). I really loved the game and would put it right up there with the other games in the series.

Animal Crossing sucks up all my time. I'm about half way through 999 as well. Have Rune Factory 4 and Virtue's Last Reward sitting shrink wrapped in my cupboard because of AC.

Xeno_V

Are there any previous games that you missed out on/forgot about?

My wishlist contains BD, Layton vs PW and maybe NSMB2 at a low price. SMT4 is not an option as I am in Europe. My backlog contains only Animal Crossing but I don't feel like starting it at the moment.
I played and finished all major titles besides games such as Kid Icarus (didn't like the controls) and RE Revelations (didn't like it at all).

I had a blast in 2013 with FE: A, LM2, Zelda ALBW etc and now it seems tough to find something equally good. Let's see if they can surprise us in the upcoming E3.

Azriell

I haven't touched my 3DS since ALBW, but I dusted it off yesterday. I spent a few minutes playing the free to play follow up to Steel Diver, which seems ok but might be too slowly paced for my liking. I also downloaded the Conception 2 demo. That seems really cool, but there was a little too much depth too fast (something I wouldn't usually mind, at all, but this is a demo and I'm pretty sure you can't save). I like the combat system, how you can change positions in combat and how there is a reason to not just attack from the back. I also thought it was very interesting how you form three teams of three, with each team behaving almost as a single unit, but with the abilities and attack strength of the three guys it's comprised of. I think that's something I want to pick up when I can.

After reading just the last page of this thread, I realize I need to go pick up a Phoenix Wright game. I haven't played one since where you play as the kid, and I don't think I finished that one. But I love the series and I want to get back to it.

I'm still playing pretty much all of my 3DS games to one extent or another... I have only finished 3D Land (and even then I haven't 100% it...) and Link Between Worlds.

So my time is split between :

Pokemon Y
Luigi's Mansion
Animal Crossing (Yes, still, I water my damn flowers every day)
Pushmo
Zelda : Oracle of Ages
OoT 3D
Steamworld Dig
Kingdom Hearts
Harvest Moon : A New Beginning

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but whatever.

Been playing a bit of Initial D Perfect Shift, the F2P game that's on the Japanese eShop. Gameplay wise it's very basic (shifting up and down in time) but there's a card system in place for taking advantage of situations and car customisation options too. Nice for any other Initial D fans.

onilink88

Playing Fire Emblem Awakening again. Just finished completing the support log and individual character playthroughs on hard. Clocked at a total of 2011 hours and 47 minutes so far. All that's left to do is get the remaining ~51000 renown points.

Incredibly addictive game.

Mogwai

Playing NSMB2 from time to time. I don't understand the hate against the 3D effect. Subtle but good.

Length of the game, though. That's another story...

Top Bottom