• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

colon

I've been playing:
Weapon Shop de Omasse. I'm still not sure if I like it or not.
I also play ACNL at least once a day. No matter how bored of the game I get I just can't quit.
And once in a while I play Crosswords Plus. It's perfect for when I'm stuck in a waiting room at the doctor's office.

Pikma

Banned
Been playing some Kokuga lately, game's so hard that I could say the game is the one that's been playing me.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I want to play my 3DS again but I *have no idea what to play* next.

GAF, pick one for me, I seriously can't decide. The ones getting the most votes will get my attention first. The games that I own that I haven't played/focused on:

Ocarina of Time
Etrian Odyssey IV
Devil Summoner Soul Hacker
Pokemon X
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Bravely Default
Dead or Alive: Dimension
Harvest Moon: Tales of Two Towns
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Kid Icarus Uprising
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nano Assault
Super Mario 3D Land
Rune Factory 4
Resident Evil Revelation
Rhythm Thief
Tales of the Abyss
Tetris Axis
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
Cave Story
Crimson Shroud
Dillon's Rolling Western
Sakura Samurai
Liberation Maiden
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Pushmo

Majestad

Banned

GAF, pick one for me, I seriously can't decide. The ones getting the most vote will get my attention first. The games that I own that I haven't played/focused on:

Ocarina of Time
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Kid Icarus Uprising
Nano Assault
Super Mario 3D Land
Rune Factory 4
Resident Evil Revelation
Rhythm Thief
Tales of the Abyss
Tetris Axis
Cave Story
Crimson Shroud
Dillon's Rolling Western
Sakura Samurai
Liberation Maiden
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Pushmo

There's so much gaming goodness there dawg.

I'd go with Zelda Ocarina of Time along with one of the eShop games like Mutand Mudds.

Still trying to get through Dream Team. That game has way too much content and spends way too much time in the Dream World. Outside of that I've been playing ACNL.

GAF, pick one for me, I seriously can't decide. The ones getting the most vote will get my attention first. The games that I own that I haven't played/focused on:

Ocarina of Time
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Kid Icarus Uprising
Nano Assault
Super Mario 3D Land
Rune Factory 4
Resident Evil Revelation
Rhythm Thief
Tales of the Abyss
Tetris Axis
Cave Story
Crimson Shroud
Dillon's Rolling Western
Sakura Samurai
Liberation Maiden
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Pushmo

Libration maiden is extremely short. That's what I look for first if my backlog is overwhelming.

maxcriden

GAF, pick one for me, I seriously can't decide. The ones getting the most votes will get my attention first. The games that I own that I haven't played/focused on:

Ocarina of Time
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Kid Icarus Uprising
Nano Assault
Super Mario 3D Land
Rune Factory 4
Resident Evil Revelation
Rhythm Thief
Tales of the Abyss
Tetris Axis
Cave Story
Crimson Shroud
Dillon's Rolling Western
Sakura Samurai
Liberation Maiden
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Pushmo

3DL if you haven't played DW yet, OOT if you've never played it but I imagine you have, Kid Icarus if neither of the above are the case.

DR2K

Banned

Ocarina of Time
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Kid Icarus Uprising
Nano Assault
Super Mario 3D Land
Rune Factory 4
Resident Evil Revelation
Rhythm Thief
Tales of the Abyss
Tetris Axis
Cave Story
Crimson Shroud
Dillon's Rolling Western
Sakura Samurai
Liberation Maiden
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Pushmo

Dead or Alive dimensions. Campaign is a few hours, but really good 3d effects and very fun. Resident Evil Revilations is a great one as well.

bumpkin

If you want a sweet, 7 hour JRPG, you should check Crimson Shroud on the eShop.
I picked it up when it was on sale around the holidays, finally started playing it this past weekend. I am so incredibly stuck right now, and I'm only on chapter 2. I'm not stuck due to a certain puzzle I've read about in FAQs. It's more that I have what feels like an unwinnable battle on my plate;
the Confessional battle with the two goblins and the minotaur is outright destroying me. I cannot find a strategy to get past these assholes.

Currently playing fire emblem. I sometimes wonder off to Pokemon X at times. After I beat Fire emblem I will play mario and luigi dream team

Still playing SMTIV. I took a peek at a game walkthrough. At the beginning of the guide was a Main Quest listing and I realized that I'm 60 hours in and only half done with the game. I suppose I'm just taking my time.

Next up, not sure. I will eventually buy Bravely Default but perhaps I will replay Devil Survivor Overclocked first, or replay FE Awakening again.

SmokyDave

Super Mario 3D Land
Either of those two get my vote.

Zornica

Banned
Back when the 3ds launched, I read a few of the negative reviews and crossed the game of my list.
A week ago I came across a heavily reduced copy for a few bucks at my local retailer, and bought it out of curiosity. To my surprise, it's actually quite good, and for a launch game it's even kinda impressive at times. Too bad it came out when it did, because back then, the audience just wasn't there.

(also playing New Love Plus and Daigasso P on my jp 3ds, and Somabringer)

Regiruler

I'd suggest KIU but it's somewhat on the longer side and won't help for backlog clearing. I would think Nano Assualt is short though, and you can beat the initial campaign of Mutant Mudds fairly easily: the secrets though, which are a big part of the game, are significantly harder and will take up a good portion of your time.

Got 1 star in Mario Kart 7, working on two stars. Also, just opened up the third world in Etrian Odyssey 4. It's the winter place after scarlet towers.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Slowly completing Zelda: ALBW. Got one dungeon left before the finale.

Wolfe

Currently playing Bravely Default (picked it up around release but didn't start it until just recently). Although at the same time I'm also still playing MH3U, still dicking around in New Leaf, still working my way through MGS3D (loving this one in 3D), still need to finish Luigi's Mansion 2 and still haven't started SMT4.

Oh and I've been meaning to pick up Ghost Recon, borrowed it from a friend way back but never finished and enjoyed it enough to bother buying it (especially now that it's likely way cheap).

Edit: Just glanced in my game case and I still haven't finished ALBW, Castlevania or Paper Mario. I enjoy all of these damn games too much and find it too easy to jump between them on the constant. I've finished most of the games I've bought for it so far though! :p

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

Ocarina of Time
Etrian Odyssey IV
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Kid Icarus Uprising
Nano Assault
Super Mario 3D Land
Rune Factory 4
Resident Evil Revelation
Rhythm Thief
Tales of the Abyss
Tetris Axis
Cave Story
Crimson Shroud
Dillon's Rolling Western
Sakura Samurai
Liberation Maiden
Mighty Switch Force
Mutant Mudds
Pushmo

listen to me
just listen to me

Kid Icarus

do it, Banana. DO IT FOR GODS SAKE

plus, bloody hell man, you missed a universe of gaming fun!

maxcriden

I'd suggest KIU but it's somewhat on the longer side and won't help for backlog clearing. I would think Nano Assualt is short though, and you can beat the initial campaign of Mutant Mudds fairly easily: the secrets though, which are a big part of the game, are significantly harder and will take up a good portion of your time.

Man, I just find Mutant Mudds so hard for some reason. I died a bunch of times on the third level or so and just stopped. Something about it I was just awful it.

tanooki27

downloaded fire emblem on the eShop for a replay. i gamefly'd it the first time but never got around to finishing. now i'm playing on hard, and the game is showing its (awesome) stripes. on normal the battles began to feel rote, but not on hard...thank god for L+R+Start quick restart.

watershed

Banned
Because I've been busy and traveling, I've really lapsed in gaming. But now I've found some time and these days the post game content from ALBW (streetpass included), and AA:DD are my go-to games. I'm really excited to have the opportunity to play games again.

phanphare

Banned
slowly but surely making my way through Fire Emblem. and also a lot more Mario Kart 7 since the new previews for Mario Kart 8 have gotten me all hyped.

and Minish Cap too

I also need to finish Dark Moon and Pokemon X.

EliCash

Chrono Trigger for the first time. That's a video game right there.
Also dabbling in 999, which is great.

I feel like I should purchase a 3DS game though. Only own Zelda ALBW (got it with the Triforce 3DS) and Mario Land 3D (got it for free for registering) and I'm totally finished with those.

It seems like Fire Emblem is the way to go. I really want OOT but it's too damn pricey for a game that I already own.

Katsuragi

I'm currently playing Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl. The story mode is oddly compelling, but I had to mute the character voices...

NZNova

Layton vs. Phoenix Wright at the moment, loving it. Then, back to Bravely Default... then back to Fire Emblem Awakening... then back to Pokemon...

I've been neglecting the wee beastie and have accumulated quite the backlog.

Parablank

Trying to beat SMT4, I'm around 40 hours in and according to the spoilers I've heard I'm not even halfway through ;-;

Honestly I'm kind of stuck since I didn't think through my demon fusions and just did it. So now some of demons don't even have basic skills like the elemental attacks and stats.

RM8

iyULi2E.png

I got StarFox 64 3D recently for cheap, it's really fun and I love the 3D in this. So glad I bought it.

8oofiVt.jpg

100%-ing Yoshi. Love this game, I don't get the hate.

Iah4iZz.jpg

Chain Blaster, which is on sale on the eShop. Fun shmup, but not very challenging so far.

vocab

Trying to beat SMT4, I'm around 40 hours in and according to the spoilers I've heard I'm not even halfway through ;-;

Honestly I'm kind of stuck since I didn't think through my demon fusions and just did it. So now some of demons don't even have basic skills like the elemental attacks and stats.

where are you at (location) and what demons do you have? Also, don't worry about having basic skills, as long as they bring some sort of utility it is fine. Covering weaknesses is more important in a lot of cases. One of the physical demons I have is pretty much just used for buffs, but his mana pool his shit. I'm going to have to replace him eventually, but he has the one skill thats amazing to have so I'll always have it.

If you made it that far I wouldn't worry that much. You have a huge stock of demons and surely you can put together a decent party with a few backups.

Chiramii

Been playing Mario Party: Island Tour with my 5 year old niece. Surprised by the difficulty in some of the mini-games, would have never believed seeing myself being beaten by a COM @easy difficulty.

Also, the amount of content seems pretty lackluster to me. Motion control games isn't fun at all and the boards are rather short imo.

ngower

Beat the story of Pokemon X. Still a little bit of the after-game stuff to work through. Picked up Animal Crossing again and am weeding the hell out of my town.

Once I get the time I wanna sit down and start playing through Kid Icarus. Only played the first level so far.

Top Bottom