• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Majestad

Banned
Batman Blackgate. It's turning out much better than I expected. I'm also slowly advancing in SMTIV. I love the game so much I spread out my sessions to make it last longer, lol.

Hahaha, don't worry about that man. SMTIV is a huge game that will last you a loooong time.

Just picked up A Link Between Worlds. I'm blown away by the graphics and music. It should make for a good time when at work and there is some down time.

Been playing Four Swords Adventure in single player since it was free, while waiting for Bravely Default.

I think you mean to say "Four Swords", as in the DSi game and not the sequel(?) on the GameCube.

Back on topic I've been playing this and finishing up ALBW while waiting on Bravely Default.

Jagsrock

Banned
-Luigi's mansion dark moon
-adventure time. hey ice king why'd you steal our garbage
-and i'm about to start monster hunter 3 ultimate

I played through Attack of the Friday monsters. It certainly is different. Took about 3 hours to clear. Got one episode left and I looked up the solution
collect all the cards. Turns out the 2 glims I need are won by playing vs others so its a case to keep playing until they give what I need *sigh*

I tried the Braverly Default demo but managed to pause battles twice. I couldn't figure out how to unpause so was stuck. I've now found the solution (this wouldn't have happened had the demo came with a manual).

cluderi

After the European debacle I imported Rune Factory 4, started slow but I'm now about 3 hours in and it's fantastic. The mix of dungeons/RPG and farming/town sim works really well. It's my first RF game so it's all new to me.

Majestad

Banned
Just finished Kid Icarus Uprising a game. Incredible.

I have some time to replay another game from my collection. I'm thinking about Donkey Kong Country. This will last me until Bravely Default comes out.

Meier

Kind of interested in Chibi-Robo as I have enjoyed past games. Why is this one $10? Is it insanely short? I am on my phone and couldn't find an impressions thread so if anyone wants to weigh in, I'd appreciate it!

ngower

I was really bored with Steamworld Dig when I first started playing it, and shelved it for MH3U, but started it up again last night. Apparently I made it like three hours into the game without getting any of the special abilities. I got three or four of them in like thirty minutes. Now I'm really having fun with the game. Nearing the endgame, anxious to find out what's happening story-wise as they keep alluding to something in the Old World.

New to the 3DS(XL) but here's the list of games I'm interested in:

Phoenix Wright (already have e-shop card for this one, just need time in a starbucks)
Fire Emblem (I feel like I need to hurry and pick this up before it becomes rare)
Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda ALBW
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm
Bravley Default (playing the demo right now and I like it so far)
Kid Icarus (I can't find it in stores anymore, just looking casually)
Pokemon (never played a pokemon game but looks interesting)
Luigi's Mansion
Ace Combat (love AC and what little I've seen looks ok)

I feel like I have to get Kid Icarus soon, maybe from Amazon as I think it may be out of production. Fire Emblem just seems like one of those games that will become rare at some point, I don't know why. So I feel like I need to get those two first and maybe Theatrhythm because it's been out a while.

How important is the stand for KI?

Majestad

Banned
New to the 3DS(XL) but here's the list of games I'm interested in:

Phoenix Wright (already have e-shop card for this one, just need time in a starbucks)
Fire Emblem (I feel like I need to hurry and pick this up before it becomes rare)
Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda ALBW
Final Fantasy Theatrhythm
Bravley Default (playing the demo right now and I like it so far)
Kid Icarus (I can't find it in stores anymore, just looking casually)
Pokemon (never played a pokemon game but looks interesting)
Luigi's Mansion
Ace Combat (love AC and what little I've seen looks ok)

I feel like I have to get Kid Icarus soon, maybe from Amazon as I think it may be out of production. Fire Emblem just seems like one of those games that will become rare at some point, I don't know why. So I feel like I need to get those two first and maybe Theatrhythm because it's been out a while.

How important is the stand for KI?

Completely unimportant.

matmanx1

Nothing. I can't get my wife to let me have a turn since she's always playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf! I'm considering a 2DS addition to the family..

(Sort of kidding, she would let me play if I asked but if she's happy I'm happy)

I'm playing more SMTIV until Bravely Default arrives.

Also, trying to figure out how much I'm willing to spend on that 2nd thumbstick addon thing. I don't want to buy it for one game, but Kid Icarus got it's claws in me and I can't stop thinking about trying it again.

Just ordered a 3DS XL for Bravely Default, so I'll have a lot of catching up to do. Bravely Default should last me a while, but I'll probably pick up SMT IV and Pokemon X or Y.

Zing

Banned
I've played Kid Icarus for hours and I'm not even sure how the stand would help. I think it may be mildly useful for left-handed players, however, given that left-handed people have been playing with the same right-handed controllers for 30 years, I'm not even sure it's worthwhile for them.

I recently finished Link Between Worlds. What a fantastic game. I'm biding my time until Bravely Default this friday, so I started Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. It's fun, but I think I prefer the open world feel of the original.

I had planned to start Mario & Luigi, but knew I wouldn't finish it before friday. It can wait.

OmegaFax

Steel Diver. No idea why but picked it up a few months ago when it was on sale for nearly nothing. No depth to the game, literally and figuratively, but a decent distraction.

Majestad

Banned
I just downloaded 3D Galaxy Force II, so I'll be playing that along with finishing the last boss of the Bravely Default demo.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Closing in on 100% in DKCR 3D. Got all collectibles in the first 5 worlds, just three left and then the bonus exclusive world.

Fuck the time trials though, not gonna bother.

Tex117

Banned
Starting Etrian Odyssey IV. Man, I loved Untold but IV is miles away. Now this is a real dungeon crawler experience.

70 hours and 7 months after first putting it in my 3ds, I beat this game.

Game is nails hard.

Currently Im playing Radiant Historia...needed a nice story game after Etrian Odyssey IV.

Then either Bravery Default or SMIV.

I've beaten the game several times and not even taken the stand out of the box.
Picked up Phoenix Wright and what seemed like the last copy of Kid Icarus in my city last night. Haven't touched PW yet but KI has blown me away. The production values, the options, the music, the visuals and extras are all top notch. You're right even the control isn't bad. A right stick wouldn't have been as good as this set up. I played Yar's Revenge on the 360 which had a similar control setup as KI and it left me disoriented trying to move a character and a reticule at the same time. Similar to patting your head and rubbing your stomach at the same time. But for some reason I don't have this effect using the pen to quickly point to where I need to shoot while moving Pit around with the nub. A third hand would help but the controls are perfectly fine for me.

Next up (probably Friday): Zelda ALBW, Super Mario 3D Land or Bravely Default?

Yasawas

Start Bravely Default, switch to Zelda after thirty hours before you get burnt out, finish that, finish Bravely.

I'm on PW: Trials and Tribulations, did not enjoy these games for a long time but man I'm into them now. I had intended to complete them all before Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright on 28th March but there's no way I'm doing that without burning myself out so I hope it doesn't matter too much story wise.

An-Det

I'm playing Ocarina of Time 3D, though taking my time with it. I've never played Ocarina of Time (or any Zelda) before, and it's damn good for a newcomer, despite a few quirks.

Kinda lost interest in Dillon's Rolling Western. Maybe I'll go back to it or maybe not. Currently playing Animal Crossing and a bit of Mario Kart 7 before I start LOZ:ALBW.

Looking forward to Bravely Default, Mario Golf and Kirby this year... and hopefully a surprise or two. I need to get around to buying a SD card to replace my current one so I can DL all the Sega 3D classics. Space Harrier 3D was awesome : )

After putting like 50 hours into it and then letting it sit for about 5 months, I'm finally getting back to beating Project X Zone. That game is absolutely worth trying and kept me engage for about the first 20 hours... then it's just the same cycle of watching the same battle animations interrupted by occasional heal items for the last 30 hours. I've certainly gotten my time's worth out of that game, not so sure about my entertainment's worth.

Sometimes, developers just need to stop building a game partway through and know that they're done.

I hope to download the Bravely Default demo and give it a shot once the X Zone is finished. If I like Bravely Default, I'm still not sure what's in store for my 3DS's future afterwards until Smash Bros, and that's a little scary.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Playing Mario & Luigi Dream Team after finishing Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Resident Evil Revelations recently.

Trying to finish up my last two badges in Pokemon Y before Bravely Default arrives from bestbuy.com.

Anyone know how good BB's shipping is for pre-ordering games? Do games usually show up on launch date or a few days later? Pretty sure I selected express shipping, which was still free.

Majestad

Banned
Just bought Retro City Rampage DX, so I will play that too.

I bought the old version when it came out for PS3, but I didn't make it very far. It seems like there are a lot of improvements for this version.

co1onel

Just finished ALBW for like the millionth time. Will probably do another run tomorrow. Also playing OoT and AC:NL randomly, although NL really just feels like a chore at this point.

JSoup

Banned
Been picking away at the Four Swords Anniversary Edition. Having not played the original in some years, the game is basically brand new to me. Proving to be harder than expected, but that's more due to the size than actual difficulty.

Top Bottom