• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

todd360

I haven't been playing any games recently on my 3ds. I did try out the new yoshi game on a 3ds at best buy today though. I immediately thought the jump felt wrong. I haven't played the original in a very long time though so its hard to be sure.

denshuu

I just finished what's probably my last Fire Emblem playthrough. No idea how I put 250 hours into a game that's like.. 40 hours tops.

Now I'm just chillin' til Mario Golf World Tour comes out.

d+pad

After beating both Bravely Default and Yoshi's New Island (I also don't get the hate, Rm88~), I'm not playing both Etrian Odyssey IV and Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. Enjoying both of them, but EOIV especially :)

balohna

Still playing ACNL and chipping away at SMTIV. I have a quest that requires me going a place I don't know how to get to, so I might just look it up. I'm sick of fighting demons I can kill in one turn over and over again.

Hmm, what are the chances of Kid Icarus Uprising going on sale anytime soon? I'm very interested in playing it, but it's been out for a while... not sure if it might go to $29.99 or less when after those other 3DS games do. I could maybe get it for $32~ somewhere, but will it get lower? I missed that $15 sale back last year unfortunately. :(

Lufia_DS.jpg

Haven't played much else on 3DS since Pokemon two months back. Star Fox once or twice a few weeks ago. It's mostly been PS3 for me.

Just wrapping up Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies before flipping a coin over Bravely Default and Link Between Worlds. Last year was just non-stop Fire Emblem.

As a maybe slightly lapsed Phoenix fan, who loves the games and characters but feels they tend to drag a bit, I gotta say I'm really impressed by Dual Destinies. The characters, animations and story twists all went above and beyond and it blew me away. I'm playing the DLC side story now, having beaten the main story, and the final case was a really epic finale to the game.

If you used to like Phoenix Wright but thought maybe you don't need to play them anymore, I strongly recommend you get Dual Destinies. No part of it is phoned in. The 3D models are done so well that it actually looks even better than the old 2D art, and the animations and freak outs of witnesses are glorious. I was even on such a high from the game for a while there that I thought I would go straight from Dual Destinies to Layton vs Phoenix, but I realise now it would be smarter to take advantage of all the gameplay variety in my 3DS backlog. Good job Nintendo. I'll be playing 2013 releases for like the next 3 years lol.

vocab

Still playing ACNL and chipping away at SMTIV. I have a quest that requires me going a place I don't know how to get to, so I might just look it up. I'm sick of fighting demons I can kill in one turn over and over again.

What quest? Not many quests are not hard to find, but some of them take a bit of re exploring areas.

rando14

Just wrapping up Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies before flipping a coin over Bravely Default and Link Between Worlds. Last year was just non-stop Fire Emblem.

As a maybe slightly lapsed Phoenix fan, who loves the games and characters but feels they tend to drag a bit, I gotta say I'm really impressed by Dual Destinies. The characters, animations and story twists all went above and beyond and it blew me away. I'm playing the DLC side story now, having beaten the main story, and the final case was a really epic finale to the game.

If you used to like Phoenix Wright but thought maybe you don't need to play them anymore, I strongly recommend you get Dual Destinies. No part of it is phoned in. The 3D models are done so well that it actually looks even better than the old 2D art, and the animations and freak outs of witnesses are glorious. I was even on such a high from the game for a while there that I thought I would go straight from Dual Destinies to Layton vs Phoenix, but I realise now it would be smarter to take advantage of all the gameplay variety in my 3DS backlog. Good job Nintendo. I'll be playing 2013 releases for like the next 3 years lol.

Do you need to play the earlier wright games to enjoy DD? I think I stopped at the 2nd PW game but would like to jump back into the series

vareon

After a streak of Rune Factory 4, Pokemon Y, Zelda ALBW, Bravely Default, and Phoenix Wright from last year, time to leave it for a bit and commit to a few PC games sitting on my backlog.

Do you need to play the earlier wright games to enjoy DD? I think I stopped at the 2nd PW game but would like to jump back into the series

I think you sound like the type of person I had in mind. I love the older games but there is a point where it feel like a lot of stuff is recycled, like you're not having fun pushing through some of the long court cases and more obscure progress blockades. People say (and I agree) 2 is the worst..Though I still like it.

Dual Destinies is very beautiful and doesn't skimp on great new characters and bringing back old favourites, and it streamlines the court cases and investigations a lot, its harder to get stuck and bored. I say go for it. Your passion for the series may be rekindled and you might want to go through the older games after experiencing DD.

orborborb

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (one of my favorite games on the system now)
Yumi's Odd Odyssey (stuck on the first boss)
Mario and Donkey Kong Minis on the Move (good in short bursts)
Toki Tori (good puzzles, but a little too much busywork in between solution attempts)

rando14

I think you sound like the type of person I had in mind. I love the older games but there is a point where it feel like a lot of stuff is recycled, like you're not having fun pushing through some of the long court cases and more obscure progress blockades. People say (and I agree) 2 is the worst..Though I still like it.

Dual Destinies is very beautiful and doesn't skimp on great new characters and bringing back old favourites, and it streamlines the court cases and investigations a lot, its harder to get stuck and bored. I say go for it. Your passion for the series may be rekindled and you might want to go through the older games after experiencing DD.

Awesome, much appreciated!!

Trying to decide which to focus on:
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Etrian Odyssey Untold
Conception 2 (just started first hour or so)

...and i just realized they're all Atlus-published.

Plus for quick-play, some Bit.Trip Saga (usually Runner).

Shaanyboi

Banned
Bravely Default, but I'm not far. I'm constantly feeling to hesitant about the choices I'm making with my characters' classes etc.

Foffy

Banned
Playing and attempting to finish Kid Icarus: Uprising. I swear the way this game controls is causing me to have arthritis. The game is a pain for all of the wrong reasons.

Kinsei

Banned
Disney Magical World. I'm hoping it will last me until Mario Golf and Kirby come out, which it should, as the game has a ton of content.

Bask in the glory of how adorable Bambi is.

zlCfzRzYz70AUnKkJ3

Galdelico

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, plus some Life and Hometown (which, surprisingly, is not crappy at all).

Space Harrier, Galaxy Force II and Liberation Maiden on the digital side.

Wolfe

It seems like Fire Emblem is the way to go. I really want OOT but it's too damn pricey for a game that I already own.

If anything I would argue that it's really not, also I'm guessing you haven't played OoT anytime recently so playing the 3D version would prolly be a huge surprise in how different it is.

They really did a great job remaking that game, I would suggest checking out the recent OoT3D thread.

SlickVic

Fire Emblem Awakening and Ace Attorney 5. Problem is I only seem to use my 3DS when I travel, so I got a back log of a lot of other great 3DS games. I'll probably finish those 2 at some point over the next couple months.

Blues1990

Considering that Kirby: Triple Deluxe is going to be coming out soon, I've been in the mood to play the pink puff ball's games, such as Mass Attack.

I've also been playing Attack of the Friday Monsters, and I'm really loving it. The game creates quite a warm, feel-good experience, & it's a shame that Earthbound's release on the Virtual Console had caused this game to go unnoticed among the general public.

iyULi2E.png

I got StarFox 64 3D recently for cheap, it's really fun and I love the 3D in this. So glad I bought it.

8oofiVt.jpg

100%-ing Yoshi. Love this game, I don't get the hate.

Waiting for a price drop for Starfox 64 on the eShop. It will happen.

I'm also 100%-ing Yoshi. It's a great game. I think it gets all the hate from people just breezing through it and not getting everything out of it. This game would be only half as fun if I just raced through each level to the stage exit. Getting all the red coins, flowers, and finishing with 30 stars really makes the game shine. Don't get the hate either.

kirby_fox

Banned
Zelda: ALBW

Then probably moving onto an old DS Castlevania game before either playing the Zelda GBC games or replaying Kid Icarus because I got my own copy of it.

Foffy

Banned
Waiting for a price drop for Starfox 64 on the eShop. It will happen.

I'm also 100%-ing Yoshi. It's a great game. I think it gets all the hate from people just breezing through it and not getting everything out of it. This game would be only half as fun if I just raced through each level to the stage exit. Getting all the red coins, flowers, and finishing with 30 stars really makes the game shine. Don't get the hate either.

I think it's the developer, really. There's just an aura about it that makes it seem like a "weaker" sort of platformer compared to what Nintendo internally makes, which isn't something you could say about the original Yoshi's Island.

Nudull

Banned
Got Project X Zone as my free game during the Target B2G1 sale, and I'm really not feeling it much. I originally wanted to get Disney Magical World, but I couldn't find it anywhere at the time. Thinking of either moving on to Mario Tennis Open or Luigi's Mansion.

Kyzer

Banned
I'm at a crossroads. I'm pretty much done with Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Pokemon. Steadily trucking in Zelda ALBW. I'm getting into Kid Icarus, but not totally absorbed. I started Rune Factory 4 to see if it'll hook me. All are great games though, I'm in heaven over here

Rune_Factory_4.jpg

Ah I really wanna try rune factory

Top Bottom