• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Drago

I've slowly been playing through Yoshi's New Island for the last few weeks. It's a really enjoyable, if really safe, game that I don't think deserves the endless hate it seems to get, but oh well. Getting 100% in every level is just as enjoyable, fulfilling, and fun as it was in the SNES original IMO and it's a huge step up from YI DS in that regard, so I'm definitely happy with it. Makes every level a joy to play through most of the time. Just got to world 6 and i hope to finish it up by the time Kirby comes out.

I should play through games at a faster pace. :0

Chris_IWS

SKB_PEGI_PS_2D.jpg

Disappointing. None of these girls are waifu material.

Started a replay of the Phoenix Wright series a couple of months ago. I'm up to Apollo now and it's become a chore. These games do NOT work well being played back-to-back!
Might play something else after Apollo before moving on to DD and vs. Layton.

I've still got Bravely Default and Fire Emblem to 100%.....

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Just finished Zelda a link between worlds, about to start Bravely Default!

Finished Cave Story earlier this year and am now three starring the Grand Prix in MK7 to prepare for MK8.

Also, praying that AA 1-3 gets localized 'cause I think I'd like the series and I'd rather not buy the DS ones separately.

JoV

At the moment....nothing. Have a fair few games in my back catalog but am leaving them till I go travelling next month :)

Looking forward to Pocket Football Club tonight though!

Miyahon

Bought Zelda A Link Between Worlds and Bravely Default from Targets B2G1 free sale. Just started on Zelda and loving it so far.

VulpX

I bought the Limited Edition Fire Emblem 3DS XL last week, so currrently playing Fire Emblem and Bravely Default.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Cave Story +.

But I'm thinking to myself whether I should play the original version on my Vita. But I think I like the 3D graphics better.

Great game though. I've tried it before but couldn't get into it until now (so maybe the 3D graphics help?) and it's my first Metroidvania game.

Just got to World 7 in DKCR 3D. At this point I'm saying fuck it to the puzzle pieces and KONG letters. These levels are hard enough without going out of my way to pick up trinkets.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Doing a no-death run of Super Mario 3D Land.
That sounds awesome. Do you mean getting Star Coins too?

I'd love to try that but I'm so burnt out on that after 100%ing it last week.

Just got to World 7 in DKCR 3D. At this point I'm saying fuck it to the puzzle pieces and KONG letters. These levels are hard enough without going out of my way to pick up trinkets.

Hahaha FUCKING TRINKETS!

Sintoid

Nothing since Zelda. I dropped Luigi because stages are too long to be played in a single session while traveling in train. I have no plans to play any other 3DS game in the short time

HYDE

Banned
I think once I'm done with Luigi's Mansion my 3DS is going on eBay, unless Nintendo (at E3) announces Metroid for it.

Sinoox

Banned
A little bit of everything good (Ocarina of Time 3D, Bravely Default, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 7, Dragon Quest 5 for the DS) but I'm still finishing up Pokemon Y and Rune Factory 4. I'm gonna go ahead and buy Shin Megami Tensei and A Link Between Worlds whenever I find some time too.

Fingers crossed for a Dragon Quest 7 and Majoras Mask remake and I also can't wait for Smash Bros and Tomodachi Life.

Absolutely nothing since Bravely Default EU launch.

:(

Buy some games dude, you also got the whole DS library if you can't find anything.

KHlover

Banned
Currently...nothing really. Put a few hours into Kid Icarus Uprising, Pokemon Y and Senran Kagura (flashy but too repetitive), but that's it :(

Need SSB4 and (hopefully this year) Bravely Second (who am I kidding) :(

HowZatOZ

Banned
I finally rejoined the 3DS world with a 2DS couple weeks ago as my girlfriend was begging me to come play Animal Crossing. God damn this game is addictive, and I don't even have any "end" goals either :S

Really want to get Tomodachi Life, such a crazy looking game.

Effer

I bought MK7 around Christmas and got a good month out of that, but my 3DS has been in storage ever since. There is also nothing coming to 3DS this year that interests me. This may be the first year since 1984 that I won't spend a dollar on Nintendo products.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Yep. 100% completion with no deaths.

Don't even get me started on the crazy shit Theorymon gets up to with Mario games. This is lightweight in comparison.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

I've recently been thinking of doing a no-death run on Crash Bandicoot. I've finished it so so many times, might as well spice things up.

I think once I'm done with Luigi's Mansion my 3DS is going on eBay, unless Nintendo (at E3) announces Metroid for it.
Have you seriously exhausted the library? I just got one 2 weeks ago and there's like 20+ games I want to play on it.

finished Link Between Worlds last week, amazing game

am now picking Animal Crossing : New Leaf up again, it's a bit on-and-off game, 30m-1h sessions at most

On the last dungeon in A Link Between Worlds. I didn't buy this on release as there was other stuff I was playing last year when it came out but have been playing through it this week and it is blowing me away.

Waiting on Nintendo Pocket Football Club coming later today too. On the Japanese side, been playing Donkey Kong Land from the VC and am patiently waiting on Outrun 3D next week :)

I've been going back and forth between Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Both are such incredible games.

And I've also been mixing in a little bit of Rusty's Real Deal Baseball!

katkombat

Banned
Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster on Vita because I haven't bought a 3DS game in a while and I need some recommendations...

Beat Fire Emblem but I really want another copy of it (I don't remember if I sold it or if I just lost it somewhere...). Theatrhythm is one I had and sold but I have a spot that wants to play it really bad.

I have a problem with buying selling buying reselling and buying again.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Shinobi 3DS/ Bangai-O spirits.

going on a two hour train journey tomorrow, gonna bring lego batman for the littleman to play

Majestad

Banned
Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster on Vita because I haven't bought a 3DS game in a while and I need some recommendations...

Beat Fire Emblem but I really want another copy of it (I don't remember if I sold it or if I just lost it somewhere...). Theatrhythm is one I had and sold but I have a spot that wants to play it really bad.

I have a problem with buying selling buying reselling and buying again.

Get Shin Megami Tensei IV dawg.

18-Volt

Playing: Disney's Magical World

Not Playing: Yo-kai Watch. Damn you, Level-5 (Or Nintendo? I don't know who to blame anymore)

RiggyRob

My 3DS backlog is HUGE:

- Still have to play Kid Icarus, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros.
- Still need to finish playing the Fire Emblem Awakening DLC, Pushmo, Virtue's Last Reward and Dual Destinies
- Currently playing my girlfriend's copy of A Link Between Worlds

Not to mention I'm ignoring Animal Crossing New Leaf and I'm downloading Nintendo Pocket Football Club right now xD

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Trying to beat some of the harder difficulties in Kid Icarus now, but god damn that game gets tough.

Ibuki

Banned
Looking forward to trying Disney magical world when that arrives in the mail tomorrow. I also still need to beat Pokémon and A Link Between Worlds.

Hindl

Just finished The World Ends With You. Damn that game is incredible, I'll post more in that LTTP Thread. But I have a question for 3ds GAF. What should I play next? I have Tales of the Abyss and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team in front of me. Which would you recommend first?

darkziosj

Just finished The World Ends With You. Damn that game is incredible, I'll post more in that LTTP Thread. But I have a question for 3ds GAF. What should I play next? I have Tales of the Abyss and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team in front of me. Which would you recommend first?

Both are awesome games, if you can handle the tutorials of dream team play it first otherway tales of abyss.

Hindl

Both are awesome games, if you can handle the tutorials of dream team play it first otherway tales of abyss.

Sweet thanks. And I don't mind Nintendo tutorials, that why I decided to get it despite gaf misgivings. I didn't mind Skyward Sword tutorials and thought the game was actually amazing, so I think I can handle Dream Team

Smilax

At this very second I'm playing Mario Kart 7 with some GAF members. However, what I'm currently trying to beat is Yoshi's New Island. Very fun game!

Converse

Banned
The StreetPass Plaza games have been my 3DS bread and butter. Also trying to complete Four Swords, which I got for free, but it's a bit of a slog in single-player.

I've been all eShop on the 3DS so far, but next up will be my first retail game, and that game will be Fire Emblem Awakening or Kid Icarus: Uprising. I know I'm missing out on two of the best games Nintendo has put out in recent years, so it's time to correct that. Also, I want to get up-to-date on the KI and FE references in Smash Bros. before that hits.

Top Bottom