• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Kenai

I am almost done w my Neutral/Gun SMT 4 run. then I'm getting back to and finishing up Link Between Worlds. After that I'm gonna "casually" work on some Animal Crossing/Pokemon X/Y breeding before restarting Soul Hackers since I didn't get very far.

co1onel

Just finished Kid Icarus Uprising. Enjoyed every moment of it, but man was it a short game. Only took 7 hours from start to finish, and I just can't find any incentive to go back and play more.

matt360

Still going through Bravely Default. I got kinda burned out after chapter 3 but I will finish it. And as soon as I clear it I will pick up Mario Golf.

Just finished Kid Icarus Uprising. Enjoyed every moment of it, but man was it a short game. Only took 7 hours from start to finish, and I just can't find any incentive to go back and play more.

Wow.
Personnally I have never seen a game with such incentive to replay it, thanks to the awesome difficulty system.
I put 103 hours into it, less than 10 in MP.

Grampasso

I put Bravely Default on hold (and you all know where I am :p), downloaded EO:MG and Mario Golf demos, can't wait for the latter on May 2nd, will buy EO later.

Zenaku

Focusing on New LovePlus+ daily, and moving forward in the new Harvest Moon. I got the DL version of TFF:CC a few days ago, so I've been enjoying that quite a bit.

More Tales of the Abyss. Living with the fact it can be so linear at times (there are times when you get a transport and trying to go to almost anywhere but the next destination refuses you, which happens a lot if you don't know where the next place is yes the synopsis says compass direction from x...) and has many sidequests with ridiculously short windows (I missed the collectors book for goodness sake). I think I kind of overpowered myself with
weapons from Din's Shop...Sword Dancer 2 went down really easily, my opening combo halved its health. I might unequip those for boss fights from now on.

maxcriden

Whoa, 7 hours! Damn, you're good. What difficulty level were you playing on, if you don't mind me asking?

My imported 3DS LL just arrived in the mail about two days ago, so I've been playing Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, and I absolutely love it. Tried the demo for Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2, and I have found a new love. Never played a Hatsune Miku game before, and I'm surprised at how fun Mirai 2 is! So I bought PM2 off the e-shop last night and I can't put it down.

Now I'm also waiting patiently for Mario Golf and Kirby to release in NA. I'm going to be busy with the 3DS this spring/summer. :)

mikeysteena

Neo Member
Just picked up Kid Icarus so my left hand is a claw, absolutely loving it tho!
Just started starfox 3D and was welling up with nostalgic tears.

Both of these on the back burner while I feed my advance wars addiction. Been a few years since I last played the series but picked up Dark Conflict for a couple of pound and well and truly hooked.

Love my 3DS!

Mostly Style Savvy and Art Academy, with some Let's Golf 3D in anticipation of Mario Golf.

I'm currently playing Dragon Quest Monsters 2.

Oh my goshies, I'm envious! The GBC game (Tara's, specifically) is bar-none my favorite monster collection game. How is it? How's the pacing? Can you still go into procedurally generated magic key worlds? :DDD

co1onel

Whoa, 7 hours! Damn, you're good. What difficulty level were you playing on, if you don't mind me asking?

Is 7 hours considered fast? I just played it on the default level it gave me each time, which was around 3-5 IIRC. I don't think I'm particularly good at the game, I even died a couple times. The levels just didn't take very long, usually around 20 minutes per level. I stopped to kill most of the optional enemies too.

The length is really my only complaint. I played the game left handed and without a circle pad pro, and didn't really have any issues with the controls. Movement with the buttons was definitely more restricted than full analog movement, but it worked out okay. Stylus aiming is godlike though. I wish I could play all shooters like this. The story was fun and nonstop, they really never gave you a break but it stayed relatively light hearted most of the time. The environments were absolutely gorgeous in some levels, especially with 3d on during the flying sections. The space pirate level for example was really pretty, screenshots don't do it justice. It had me more in awe than any console game I've played lately simply because the art direction and colors were so good.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Is 7 hours considered fast? I just played it on the default level it gave me each time, which was around 3-5 IIRC. I don't think I'm particularly good at the game, I even died a couple times. The levels just didn't take very long, usually around 20 minutes per level. I stopped to kill most of the optional enemies too.

for KIU? Bloody damn fast for sure. Hell, the weapon fusing alone had me hooked for like 50 hours, with no sign of ending soon in sight. So many combinations and different weapons to find

Sakwoff

Just inches before finishing ALBW.

Next up is Soul Hackers. Excited to finally be able to play this game after all these years. :D

Didn't touch my 3DS ever since finishing pokemon X a few months ago.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like the drought will be over anytime soon, at least until Gunvolt is out.

Just inches before finishing ALBW.

Next up is Soul Hackers. Excited to finally be able to play this game after all these years. :D

Years?
It was released only last year

Westraid

Continuing Fire Emblem: Awakening again. I had put it on hold to play Radiant Historia on the DS. Still playing all the DS games on my lite because the battery is so much better.

Bought Virtue's Last Reward when it was discounted a couple of weeks ago, and I'm going to play that when I finished FEA. I loved 999, so I'm really looking forward to playing the sequel.

OmegaFax

Finished Metal Gear Solid 3D using the Circle Pad Pro XL I got with it over the weekend. May play through it again since I unlocked steath camo and infinite facepaint in my first playthrough.

Kingdom Hearts 3D is what I'm treading through at the moment. No idea what is going on in this game.

maxcriden

The length is really my only complaint. I played the game left handed and without a circle pad pro, and didn't really have any issues with the controls. Movement with the buttons was definitely more restricted than full analog movement, but it worked out okay. Stylus aiming is godlike though. I wish I could play all shooters like this. The story was fun and nonstop, they really never gave you a break but it stayed relatively light hearted most of the time. The environments were absolutely gorgeous in some levels, especially with 3d on during the flying sections. The space pirate level for example was really pretty, screenshots don't do it justice. It had me more in awe than any console game I've played lately simply because the art direction and colors were so good.

Ohhh yeah, I'd say that's about twice as fast as me! I did do a lot of fusing, too, and a bit of online play. Sounds like you're really good at the game. For me, a lot of the replay value will be in completing the treasure hunt and beating the levels at higher difficulties.

GeekyDad

Bought Splinter Cell 3D for $4, so I'm gonna give that a go. Currently, looking to clean up on games like that, MGS3D, and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate 3DS as I can find them dirt cheap (which is what they're all worth to me). Those types of games -- in spite of the reviews -- tend to be good guilty pleasure games for me.

Didn't touch my 3DS ever since finishing pokemon X a few months ago.
Unfortunately it doesn't look like the drought will be over anytime soon, at least until Gunvolt is out.

Years?
It was released only last year

Soul Hackers on 3DS is an updated port of a PS1/Saturn game with the same name. It was supposed to be localized way back when but the project was cancelled.

VLiberty

Man, the crossover is awesome. I haven't touched both series since their first entries(iirc I stopped at PL3 and PW2) but now I'm playing the shit out of this. I'm 17 hours into the game, at the beginning of chapter 8, and I'm loving it. The trials are crazy, even more than the first two games' cases.

I feel bad for NA fellas who still have to wait to play this... :/

Picked up a 2DS with Pokemon X pre-installed and a copy of Resident Evil Revelations. Barely scratched the surface of Pokemon, 8 chapters into Revelation's story mode.

But I already am itching for more games so I just cracked into Super Mario 3D Land and Shinobi 3DS is coming soon as well. I do regret playing SM3DL in 2D mode, as there are many areas which I can see how 3D would benefit the experience greatly. But oh well.

I am actually worried about Shinobi's difficulty, and hope I can at least beat it on Normal.

Oh, and I'm dipping my toes in the Bravely Default demo as well. Glad to be finally back into current gen gaming.

Currently playing through Super Mario 3D Land (first time). The game is really fun, but it feels so incredibly small compared to Super Mario 3D World.

thomaser

Tappingo. Really good puzzle-game that has similarities to Picross.

Other than that, Zelda A Link Between Worlds. I've got tons of games in the backlog, too, and hope to play through many of them this summer.

xSL4INx

On the American 3DS XL, I've been playing Mario Golf off and on and some Pokemon X for online battles. The real time investment this past week has been on my Japanese 3DS XL, which I've been playing tons of Monster Hunter 4.

MattyG

Banned
Tons of Mario Golf, with some breaks in between for Steel Diver (just picked it up new for $6). I'm also chipping away at my Master Quest OOT 3D run, and thinking about starting and Hero Mode run of ALBW later today.

VLiberty

Shinobi can be hard as balls, even in normal, but there's an easier difficulty.

Games awesome though.
It's in the "might get at 5-10€" list

Of which I just got Epic Mickey: I've gone through the first part of the castle, it's better than I thought.

Crush3d and Cave Story 3d are on thst list too, but I'm not sure because I already played both of them in superior versions on PSP

Azriell

On that b2g1 $20 and under deal GameStop has right now, I picked up Monkey Ball, Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of the Light, and Ace Attorney Apollo Justice, which I had played a bit back in the day. I was pretty burned out on Phoenix Wright back in the day, so I didn't really appreciate Apollo Justice, but this game is excellent so far. I just started the FF, and I'm loving it. The AP system is really cool, much more useful than the typical MP systems that keep you from casting on most fights. Monkey Ball is pretty disappointing. The levels feel too constricting, and the Download Play is complete throwaway. I'm especially bummed by that last bit, because my kids and wife all have 3DSs, and I would have been happy if they just did the modes from the original GC Monkey Ball.

I bought SMT4 at GS as well for $25, but I'm not planning on starting it for awhile. I picked up Mario Party, which is so-so, DKCR 3D, which is great but ouch 30 fps, and Bravely Default on a Target sale a few weeks back. My intentions are to finish FF up within the next 5 weeks, so I can start BD when I go on vacation. I hope to finish it sooner so I can take a small RPG break in between.

Top Bottom