• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

VLiberty

I'm playing Kid Icarus Uprising and I'm almost at the end of the main story (just got to chapter 25). I don't think I'm going through a second run, the game is great but I can't deal with stylus aiming. Had the same problem with MPHunters many years ago.

Now I'm thinking what to play next. I have 4 games in the backlog (and many others to buy, since I got my 3DS only a couple of months ago).
I'm torn between Castlevania and NSMB2, can I play the former without having played LOS1 yet?

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Got it as a Christmas gift and just busted it out last week. First time I've played my 3ds since sometime in October. Maybe I'll pick up Shovel Knight for it or something.

mandiller

I'm playing through Nintendo Pocket Football Club

GOOOOAAALLL

MkN4ZAg.jpg

It's a fun game.

VLiberty

Aaaaaaaannd I choose Castlevania.

Judging from these first 30 minutes, frame rate and animations are bad but I can deal with it. Neither combat or platforming appear to be anything great - but it's just the start.

Oh and I can sense there will be some backtracking, so it's not the 2d linear action game I was expecting it to be. And that's good.

Munkybhai

Please give me an option to speed through the text, its really holding me back from enjoying this game. And please stop describing everything junpei does. In excruciating detail.

Asbear

Banned
I'm currently replaying Dual Destinies with the cases in chronological order this time. I'm not sure I can go through with it (at case 4 now) because honestly, it's not even on my top 5 of Ace Attorney games anymore.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I hope this hits $10 again soon

$10 sounds like the right price for this as a standalone. I think I might have paid $20, and I think for some people it wouldn't be worth it.

Anybody here have the Zelda 3ds xl? In getting one for a friend and noticed that the inside of the unit is also gold. Is it distracting when you play?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Anybody here have the Zelda 3ds xl? In getting one for a friend and noticed that the inside of the unit is also gold. Is it distracting when you play?
Not at all, it's not bright or super shiny. The gold coating also collects less dirt than the bare plastic of my white/pink 3DS XL. This 3DS actually looks really amazing with the power off, but I'm not sure that matters.

The gold coating seems to scuff, at least the corners of my hinges have, so you might consider one of these for your friend.

NMFried

I'm about to finally finish Fire Emblem: Awakening and then I'll probably tackle Kid Icarus or Bravely Default. My backlog is like 40 games long so I've got a lot of work to do.

colon

I finished Weapon Shop de Omasse a couple of days ago, now I started Disney Magical World but so far it's pretty boring.

I finished the demo for Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl (EU). It was pretty lenghty, 2 hours at least. I never played the series before and generally liked what I've played (although I suspect it gets really hard/frustrating later on). But I was a bit baffled by the series gimmick, which seems kinda bad. I always thought people were talking about generating their own dungeons, but instead it's just making you draw the maps of pre-made ones? Drawing your map seems like the opposite of fun to me, unfortunately. I'm also not sure what to think of the miniboss encounters spread throughout the dungeons, especially since escaping appears to be unnecessarily hard. I might still buy this, since the rest seems ace.

octopiggy

Wanting to finish up Mario Kart 7 before 8 comes out.
Finally got 3 stars on all cups and wanted to unlock all kart parts. Turns out you need 20,000 coins. I only have 4,000... I think I'm done.

pdk27

Finished the story line in Rusty Real Deal Baseball (aka bought all the games). Started up Inazuma Eleven this morning.

So Many Bullets

Neo Member
I'm in Ch.3 of Bravely Default on my first play through. The game play and combat mechanics are great, however the story sucks. I appreciate being allowed to skip any and all story scenes/dialog.

Mash83

Brand new 2ds owner here, took advantage of the target sale. I found a cheap used copy of advance wars: dual strike at a local used games shop so I've been playing through that. I've never been much of a Pokemon fan so I'm not overly excited to play Pokemon x which was preloaded but I'm going to give it a try.

Trying to finish the post game content of Etrian Odyssey IV before Untold comes out next week. I forgot how much I love this game.

vareon

I finished the demo for Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl (EU). It was pretty lenghty, 2 hours at least. I never played the series before and generally liked what I've played (although I suspect it gets really hard/frustrating later on). But I was a bit baffled by the series gimmick, which seems kinda bad. I always thought people were talking about generating their own dungeons, but instead it's just making you draw the maps of pre-made ones? Drawing your map seems like the opposite of fun to me, unfortunately. I'm also not sure what to think of the miniboss encounters spread throughout the dungeons, especially since escaping appears to be unnecessarily hard. I might still buy this, since the rest seems ace.

Part of the initial appeal of the first Etrian Odyssey is its mapmaking tool, which is intended to draw fans of classic dungeon crawling. I understand that from a certain angle, they're trying to sell an inconvenience, but as the series grow, it became one of the staples that even Persona Q had mapmaking.

The second staple is the miniboss encounters (F.O.E.s, which even Persona Q has!). The point is to avoid encounter by learning their movement pattern, not engaging them until you're ready later. General rule is avoid FOEs the first time you meet them.

dab0ne

New Super Mario Bros. DS It certainly doesn't play like the old school marios. He's a little floaty and momentum has been put into the picture. It feels so different I'm having trouble judging jumps and stuff.

Just finished RE Revelations.

Finished bravely default (finally) and layton vs ace attorney, so nothing until...

Smash 3ds, maybe? Not even really interested in that either.

E3 had better bring a few good surprises.

skasaha

Neo Member
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars. As a huge Fire Emblem fan, I really like this game so far!

I'm not very far in though. And Banshee seems really strong.

Ironically I haven't gotten far in Fire Emblem: Awakening...

Also playing through Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies. Really awesome graphics, and I'm glad they toned down the pixel hunting.

VLiberty

100%ified Mirror of Fate in 3 days, definitely a good game, much better than I was expecting it to be.

Now it's NSMB2 time

lilty

100%ified Mirror of Fate in 3 days, definitely a good game, much better than I was expecting it to be.

Now it's NSMB2 time

NSMB2 is really short, but I enjoyed my time with it. It's not revolutionary or anything, but the gimmick of coin collecting is pretty cool. It's really satisfying to turn all of the enemies on screen into coins and just collect 100 of them in like 15 seconds.

Currently Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (about 12 puzzles to go in the first 150,) and Animal Crossing New Leaf (yes, still, but I don't play it as much as I used to, for obvious reasons.)

Azriell

I haven't touched my 3DS much in the past ~8 months, outside of Zelda. I recently got an itch, picked up some stuff I missed, and jumped back in.

Fire Emblem

I've owned this since it came out, but something happened and I lost my save about 15 chapters in. I've started over again and am loving it again, fully. I wish I had the courage to let dead soldiers stay dead, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

I'm sort of surprised at how much 30 fps hurts this game. The controls feel just unresponsive enough to get me killed, occasionally, and it's kind of maddening. Still, I'm enjoying my time with the game.

Number Battle

I got this from Club Nintendo last month. What a great game! I would describe it as part strategy board game, part puzzle game. It's very deep and the item system mixes things up enough later on to completely uproot all developed strategies. It's very smart and cool and worth a look by everyone!

greg400

Banned
How is Luigi's Mansion? I've heard very mixed things about it and am on the fence. Also is the download play multiplayer any good?

maxcriden

How is Luigi's Mansion? I've heard very mixed things about it and am on the fence. Also is the download play multiplayer any good?

I love it. It was one of my favorite games last year. It offers a lengthy and compelling adventure. I haven't tried multiplayer though, sorry.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Rune factory 4 I took a break from the game but then I discovered the crafting system and am starting to plow through it again.

VLiberty

NSMB2 is really short, but I enjoyed my time with it. It's not revolutionary or anything, but the gimmick of coin collecting is pretty cool. It's really satisfying to turn all of the enemies on screen into coins and just collect 100 of them in like 15 seconds.

I see, and it's less invasive than I feared it to be.

My only complaint is that it's hard to use the dpad, and the circle pad definitely isn't good for this kind of games. :/

Still defaulting most bravely myself. It's slow going, because I'm playing at the same time as FFX HD on my Vita and now Elder Scrolls Online. After, I'm gonna get around to finishing SMTIV!

Maximus.

I am in the middle of Luigis Mansion, but the game honestly bores me. I am going to start Bravely Default soon though!

Kysen

I was randomly browsing the JP eshop and found a hidden gem. For anyone that likes metroidvania games and has a JP 3DS look for the game called Time Avenger. It's basically castlevania with time control, there's also a demo for you to try out. Costs 1500 yen.

My Vita.

Sorry! It has been way too long since I powered up my 3DS. Once I finish FFX-2 HD I'll finally start Bravely Default that I actually bought at launch. And I'm happy that Theatrythm sequel is now confirmed, the first one is prolly my favourite 3DS game.

I also need to try out Fire Emblem+LTTP2 once they are discounted on Eshop or something.

I was randomly browsing the JP eshop and found a hidden gem. For anyone that likes metroidvania games and has a JP 3DS look for the game called Time Avenger. It's basically castlevania with time control, there's also a demo for you to try out. Costs 1500 yen.

It was localized to the NA eShop as Aeterno Blade. There's even a demo for it!

Just right now finished my second playthrough of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Pretty burned out on SRPGs for right now. Might tackle Ace Attorney Dual Destinies or Hotel Dusk: Last Window. In the mood for puzzles and deductions.

Top Bottom