• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Guru-Guru

Banned
How is Luigi's Mansion? I've heard very mixed things about it and am on the fence. Also is the download play multiplayer any good?
I personally got a little bored with Luigi's Mansion. It has A LOT of backtracking, so if that isn't your thing I would skip it.

I have been playing my 3DS more lately then ever before, and I really don't know why.

Been playing:
Mario Golf (GBC VC) - a lot of fun, surprisingly. Using it to tide me over until Mario Golf: World Tour (which I won't be getting on launch anyway, but it looks like a good pick-up-and-play game, like most golf games)
Pokemon Battle Trozei (eShop) - Somehow not loving it as much as I thought I would, but it's not bad by any means. Just something I'll slowly chip away at, rather than binge on. As opposed to...
Picross e (eShop) Motherfucking picross, what more do I have to say? Continues to amaze me, need to finish Mario's Picross and pick up e2, e3, and e4 as fast as possible.

Next on my to-do list:
Actually not buy any more retail games for a while (want to pick up a bunch of older GBA, GC, Wii, PS2, DS, and PSP games first), but I'm going to sell my physical copies of Animal Crossing and Mario Kart 7 and pick up digital ones, mostly because when I have to trust myself to put the cart in on either of those to play them, I just never do. Having thing permanently loaded onto my 3DS will mean they get a lot more playtime.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Completed Cave Story and can't be bothered to replay for the true ending atm.

So next up...SMTIV I think. I changed the difficulty and got passed the first dungeon lol.

VLiberty

You weren't joking guys, NSMB2 is really short! Less than 5 hours to get to the final boss...

Though I think I'm just 50% done with the game. There are still two hidden worlds, the
star world
, some levels I missed and of course the star coins, even though I managed to get a good chunk of them on the first run.

And while people gets crazy for Mario Kart 8, I start to play MK7. Ha! :)

I just got Tales of the Abyss (well actually it arrived last week but I was away). It feels odd to have a 3DS game which a physical manual (tells you how old the game is) but I also noticed the icon on the spine is not the game icon (on the spine is a smaller version of the logo, the game is erm, Mieu was it?).

Did Bamco ever learn that non-voice acted skit (for non-Japanese at least) could do with a text skip option (I'd imagine more recent games get this).

Otherwise I'm still early in the game and feel that I will never remember location names or music. Shame Luke did not say "gee it sure is boring around here" but maybe that only comes to mind because the English voice actor sounds very vaguely like Link from the Zelda cartoon.

Also unless I missed it, in-game it does not tell you what (little) titles actually do. I can imagine this getting more annoying later one when you want specific effects (they do things like have a minor effect on shop prices or offer a status cured after 15 seconds of AFK).

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I started playing Retro City Rampage yesterday. That game is awesome, so many retro gaming references within the first 5-10 minutes. I'm sure I missed some as well.

Xilas

Currently I'm playing Pocket Football and it's eating up all my time. Bascially it's been running on my 3DS since I downloaded it.

Kinhow

How did you like BD? When you finished the game, was it more like a relief or did you want more?

I was honestly relieved. It get's really boring after the 6th chapter. I don't want to spoil anything, I just didn't like the second half really much.

The Job and the battle system made me play it to the end, though.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Just finished Witch & Hero the other day. But otherwise I have FE and BD in advanced stages. Considering biting on the last Layton.

Ogawa-san

Theatrhythm FF: Curtain Call

I sort of skipped the first since I didn't have a 3DS until last month, now I can't stop playing. So good.

I've been jumping around between games. Lately I've been playing Mario Kart 7 (multiplayer with my wife), Pokemon Y, LBW, and Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate. I still have to go back and finish Fire Emblem and SMTIV. All are fantastic and well worth my time.

Batman surprised me the most, it's pretty satisfying and it fills my Metroid craving for now. Pretty decent for $20.

I want to get Yoshi's Island 2. The only problem I have with the 3DS is that there are too many games to play that are great. And I don't have enough time to play them all.

overcast

Just finished DKC Returns 3D. Going through to unlock the last temple/level thing? Great game, but I felt the last level was a pretty big let down. Still behind the Rayman games platformer wise, but it was excellent.

I need to buy a new 3DS game now. Debating between Zelda and Kid Icarus.

maxcriden

Just finished DKC Returns 3D. Going through to unlock the last temple/level thing? Great game, but I felt the last level was a pretty big let down. Still behind the Rayman games platformer wise, but it was excellent.

I need to buy a new 3DS game now. Debating between Zelda and Kid Icarus.

Both are amazing (I'm assuming you mean LBW). Just depends if you're in the mood for a modern action adventure or a modern take on 2D Zelda. Both are so good, though.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Playing Pokemon Y, never played a Pokemon game before and TBH I had this game sitting on my shelf for about four months.
Really liking it though, going to be playing it until Kirby is out.

nyarla

Neo Member
Two things which just came out here...

Etrian Odyssey Untold demo.. lovely. Can't wait for the full game (classic mode for me though, I think)

and Sayonara Umihara Kawase!! Spectacularly ugly but good fun :D Kinda wish there was no map on the bottom screen though.

Currently playing Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. Started it last year, got sidetracked, and decided to just start over and knock this off what I noticed is a bit of a Zelda backlog. Still got the Oracle games to tackle, then going to try my hand at Majora's Mask on Wii.

Also been slowly getting through Super Mario Bros. 3.

Been wanting to give Ocarina of Time 3D and ALBW's Hero modes a go, too.

maxcriden

Currently playing Zelda: Link's Awakening DX. Started it last year, got sidetracked, and decided to just start over and knock this off what I noticed is a bit of a Zelda backlog. Still got the Oracle games to tackle, then going to try my hand at Majora's Mask on Wii.

Also been slowly getting through Super Mario Bros. 3.

Been wanting to give Ocarina of Time 3D and ALBW's Hero modes a go, too.

MM is good on the Wii, but you really might want to hold out for the rumored MM 3D. It could be a significant improvement on the original.

Asbear

Banned
I've had enough of being skeptical of overpraising reviewers, so I finally bought Fire Emblem: Awakening on the eShop yesterday and I've played the game until chapter 5 now.

The thing that immediately came to mind when playing it was... "ZOMG THE MUSIC IS FANTAMAZING!" I looked up the OST on youtube afterwards. The track named "Rival" gave me some great Déjà Vus to the Ganondorf Battle in OoT. Amazing compositions and lots of mindfuck with the time signatures :p I love it!

Also, so far the story is pretty neat, and the characters are great although not all of the dialogue is fantastic, but can anyone tell me whether they think it really hooks you at some point, story-wise?

Evo X

I've had enough of being skeptical of overpraising reviewers, so I finally bought Fire Emblem: Awakening on the eShop yesterday and I've played the game until chapter 5 now.

The thing that immediately came to mind when playing it was... "ZOMG THE MUSIC IS FANTAMAZING!" I looked up the OST on youtube afterwards. The track named "Rival" gave me some great Déjà Vus to the Ganondorf Battle in OoT. Amazing compositions and lots of mindfuck with the time signatures :p I love it!

Also, so far the story is pretty neat, and the characters are great although not all of the dialogue is fantastic, but can anyone tell me whether they think it really hooks you at some point, story-wise?

My favorite game on the 3DS, and one of the best for 2013 for sure. Totally agree on the OST. Wait until you get to chapter 10. Some of the most amazing music in gaming history.

You can listen to it here if you want. It's a great piece on it's own, but gets SO much better with context of the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWO4ff1HXYY

Don't read the comments. There's some spoilers.

I never did finish Pokemon Y, and I've kind of caught the itch lately to play it some more.

Ergh, same! I have either 7 or 8 badges, I just don't know if I should pick it up and just beat it or start the game over completely. I seriously played for like 20 hours straight the day it was released then never picked it up again. I don't want to restart and lose my Aegislash and Goodra though {:'[]

Evo X

Ergh, same! I have either 7 or 8 badges, I just don't know if I should pick it up and just beat it or start the game over completely. I seriously played for like 20 hours straight the day it was released then never picked it up again. I don't want to restart and lose my Aegislash and Goodra though {:'[]

Just continue. Why would you want to start over a Pokemon game? Not like you need a refresh on some complex storyline.

mhznet

I want Nintendo Pocket Football Club announced for america so bad, c'mon Ninty.
I can wait though I've a mighty backlog, but all I play is Animal Crossing.
:(

Mario Picross. I had to look up a general Picross tutorial to get past the first few levels, but then I didn't put the 3ds down until I had finished the next 50 or so puzzles. I'm horrified to know that I will eventually run out, and be forced to move on to other Picross games that probably don't even give you a little hammer and chisel to work with. BGM 1 is the right choice.

Also just finished Steamworld Dig. I was really excited about the first hour or so, but the brain dead grind of it eventually turned me off.

Guru-Guru

Banned
I put 16 hours into Pokemon X already, even though I just got it. First Pokemon game I have played since Gold, so it all feels pretty fresh. Plus I don't know (or remember) about 90% of the Pokemon I encounter, which makes it fun to see what skills they learn, their evolved forms, etc. I have 5 badges so far, but now I will spend some time catching more Pokemon and messing around. The only complaint I have is how easy all the battles have been so far. I haven't really ever been close to dying.

impact

Banned
Nothing. I just (re)bought a 3DS from a nice GAFer and have no games. Already played all the big releases basically up to late 2012 so all I've got on my list to buy is Zelda ALBW and SMT4, which are both ridiculously expensive and Theatrhythm CC/Monster Hunter 4 in the future.

Kinda want BDFF but I hear the game turns really crappy in the second half.

Top Bottom