• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Playing donkey Kong returns and Rayman origins. Cant decide which is the better platformer.

Once I beat both I await smash bros.

Kieli

I'm currently juggling several games (my attention span has all but crumbled as of late):

- Fire Emblem: Almost finished this game. Bought it soon after it came out and made slow but steady progress. I'm new to the FE franchise and this game is very enjoyable. Honestly, I don't think I would have enjoyed the old ones as much because they seem a bit too hardcore what with the limited experience and perma-deaths. Story is nothing to write home about, but it services the gameplay (i.e. provides a goal to work towards).

- Super Mario 3D Land: Got this as part of that promotion free games promotion a while back. It's my first Nintendo game and therefore first Mario game. I haven't quite been "wowed" by any one thing in particular, but it's a light-hearted and relaxing platformer. The first half of the game is quite easy, but the second half has a significant boost in difficulty such that I'm starting to feel frustrated.

- Etrian Odyssey 4: Currently addicted to this game, having sunk upwards of 10 hours in 2 days. Honestly, I was taking a gamble when I purchased this game. I hungered for a jRPG to sink my teeth into, but went in knowing I strongly disliked 1st person-anything and was apathetic to dungeon-crawlers. Likewise with FE, it seems I jumped in at the right time as numerous changes were implemented to enable newcomers to enjoy the game while retaining a challenge for the loyal hardcore fans.

AEREC

SMTIV...been working on this one for a few months. Usually get bored after 20 minutes but for some reason I really want to play it.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D...impulse bought this morning since I love SF. Pretty impressed with how it looks and plays on the 3DS. Hoping the release the next version on 3DS as well.

Mario Golf...it's a good golf game.

Jimez

Banned
Still doing a quick daily visit to Animal Crossing, but other than that i'm either on Mario Gold: World Tour or Yoshi's New Island. Both cracking titles.

raphanum

Simultaneously playing AC New Leaf, Zelda OoT and MH3U (as much as I can manage without the circle pad pro).

Edit: played demo for Fire Emblem Awakening and it was friggin' amazing. Going to pick that up tomorrow.

Jzero

I'm late to the 3DS party so i'm barely playing Super Mario 3D Land, A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Mario Kart 7 and Chibi Robo

Not sure if i should buy Animal Crossing or Ocarina of Time or just wait to see if they release Majora's Mask 3D

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Box_NA_-_Mario_Golf_World_Tour.jpg

Liberation-Maiden-cover-pic.jpg

Mighty_Switch_Force_Logo.jpg

Sweet! How are you liking Pushmo? i've barely played it at all but I know my wife really enjoyed t.

Pushmo is very good. I'm still on the level 1 challenges and clearing them easily enough, but based on the number of ways you can negotiate the blocks, things will gradually become more interesting. I definitely recommend it at its current price of $6.00.

flux1

2ds owner here. Got Resident Evil: Revelations recently and will be starting it. I also never completed Order of Ecclesia, so I think I'm going to erase my save and start it fresh with the intention of going all the way through this time.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just wrapped up New Super Mario Bros. 2. I liked it more than the original and the Wii game, it felt like it had more life in it somehow.

Azriell

I've been playing through Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light. I love and hate this game. It's got some of the best RPG mechanics ever. Instead of MP, everyone just uses AP. Attacking costs 1 AP while most other entry level spells and abilities cost 2. You get 1 replenished AP per turn, but can Boost for an additional poin at the cost of your turn. The genius of this is that it frees you up to cast magic whenever you like on trash mobs, because you dont have to resource hog MP in dungeons for the boss. Add in jobs and you have a pretty deep system. Unfortunately the dungeons and towns are ancient in design, by comparison. It's lot of bland dungeons, random encounters, and towns are full of brainless NPCs you have to talk to to progress. If it wasn't for the 52 games challenge, I would have walked away.

rekameohs

Banned
I have this to play after Layton x Wright and I'm looking forward to it but something I'm really hating in my game is the voice acting for Phoenix and Maya. In my head in the DS games they were never American and the sound of them has me mashing A so fast I'm missing bits of the story now, it just sounds wrong. In Dual Destinies are they voice acted and can it be turned off?
Phoenix is only voiced in a couple anime cutscenes, and "objection", "hold it", etc obviously.

RM8

Mario Golf. It's taking over my life for the following weeks / months. It's going to end up being at least in my top 5 3DS games, I think.

Finally got around to starting Link Between Worlds. On my second dungeon so far. Really enjoying it. Game is butter smooth and the 3D effect really works. Epic music also. Nintendo have knocked it out of the park on 3DS when it comes to music.

Qasiel

Currently re-visiting Pokemons SoulSilver, Black & Y due to an agreement between a friend and I regarding trying to get as complete a Pokedex as we can.

However, I want to give Bravely Default a try. I haven't had a solid RPG fix in a while, although A Link Between Worlds was a welcome distraction.

GeekyDad

Just bought SMT 4 and it will be my first ever Atlus game. Stoked!

Did six playthroughs straight before putting it down for a while. Enjoy!

For myself, I'm about to start Castlevania Mirror of Fate (don't care what the haters say). Also ordered a copy of AW: Dual Strike, a game I've played a ton before but am eager to revisit.

Baus

Started playing Inazuma Eleven, and it's a lot of fun! I'm only about 3 hours in or so, but I've been loving every minute of it. If you haven't played it yet, just do it.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Still so much in this game I've yet to fight. Mario Golf or Luigi's Mansion 2 will have me occupied for a while when I get them tomorrow though!

Skele7on

Banned
Just Finished of Zelda ALBW and just started Bravery Default which is amazing!

I'm loving ALBW, but I wish it would fuck off asking me if I'd like to take a break from it every second time I save.

Ha this, being an adult and having a 3DS say take a break, is infuriating.

I feel like saying "You're not my dad." - Tracy Jordan.

Tearing through golden sun: dark dawn. Gotta work on the ds backlog sometimes. It's pretty fun but I'd have preferred playing as badass adult issac to playing as the kids. Also kinda annoyed that it turns out I missed a djinn and a special summon before the super-early point of no return caused by a cave-in.

GeekyDad

Finished Castlevania: Mirror of Fate the other day -- great but flawed game. Will remain in my collection. And am now playing through Advance Wars Dual Strike for the umpteenth time. Had the game a long time ago, bought it again. Still love it.

Just Finished of Zelda ALBW and just started Bravery Default which is amazing!

Ha this, being an adult and having a 3DS say take a break, is infuriating.

I feel like saying "You're not my dad." - Tracy Jordan.

Especially since the threshold for these messages is so low. Your villagers in Animal Crossing will tell you to take a break if you've been playing for 30 or so minutes. 30 minutes is hardly a binge, lol.

I have been addicted to Mario Golf: World Tour. I'm trying to learn how to play manually and it's a lot harder then I thought. So, I'm going to keep practicing!
Also playing little spurts of Angry Birds Trilogy in between for some quick time wasting.
I plan on starting The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds next.

Streetpass Mii Plaza with some Tales of Abyss thrown in. I'm basically done with the latter but want to take out the optional boss and I got whooped last time so am going back with a few more levels and AD skills on my party.

Usobuko

Banned
I need suggestion of a very grindy game, if it's rpg better still, that is neither complex or has high barrier to entry. Also comprehensible for 7 years old.

Can be from DS.

I started Shin Megami Tensei IV at around the same time I got my 3DS back in October, and I've been playing on and off since then. However, I'm finally at the trailhead to the last dungeon, and I had been consulting a guide because I had landed the Neutral Ending by chance (I heard it's a more uncommon occurrence than Law or Chaos) and I wanted to know how much longer I had.

I also started Tales of the Abyss, Super Mario 3D Land, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon over the past few weeks. Been juggling those as well, even though my focus has been mostly on completing SMT4.

I have to say, aside from Abyss being a good Tales game so far (Luke's annoying ass notwithstanding), the 3D is pretty disappointing. I didn't buy my 3DS for the 3D thinking it was a gimmick, but it turned out to be something pretty cool that I could appreciate if they did it in a fun or interesting way (SMT4 is beautiful in 3D, makes 2D feel pretty lacking when I turn it off). 3D Land and LM2 have great 3D, as well, and so do a good number of games. Seems kind of a waste, but it's my only big complaint about Abyss so far.

I'll probably use my completing SMT4 as an excuse to start 20 other games. I don't do very good with just focusing on one game at a time. :/

Rocky

Banned
I need suggestion of a very grindy game, if it's rpg better still, that is neither complex or has high barrier to entry. Also comprehensible for 7 years old.

Can be from DS.

I'd suggest Disney Magical World. It's not really that complex, yet can be really grindy when you are looking for a particular item or building your money supply. Plus being Disney, it is definitely comprehensible for a 7 year old.

DontBlink

Currently re-visiting Pokemons SoulSilver, Black & Y due to an agreement between a friend and I regarding trying to get as complete a Pokedex as we can.

Good luck, I got a complete dex myself back in Platinum and meant to do the same since then but never stuck with it.

I haven't played an actual game since finishing Professor Layton and the Last Specter 2 months back but I'm still trying to complete all the StreetPass games (10 tickets left).

Mario Golf. I'm not glued to it or anything, but it has sent me into one of those periods where my 3DS never actually turns off. I play a few holes here and there, while watching TV with my wife or cooking or something. It's one of the best games on the system as far as being able to play for anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or so.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Been playing Super Mario Land 3D. Halfway through the special world. Good game, but the normal levels were way too easy.

What's the deal with Final Fantasy Theatrhythm? I guess I don't understand if Curtain Call is supposed to be a sequel, or more of a enhanced edition. If it's the latter, I may as well just wait, right?

I wouldn't mind trying Rhythm Thief either. Seems like it's out of print and a bit obnoxious to get used. Lots of "cart only" it seems in the 3DS market. I'm not into that. Also along those lines, Cave Story 3D is 100 bucks new through a 'Fulfilled by Amazon' retailer? Gotta say, I'm not really into the supply and demand situation being this way for a current-gen system.

Top Bottom