• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

VLiberty

6 hours through Epic Mickey and while think it's underrated, I've got to admit that it has some flaws.

Starting from the smaller ones: the touch screen mechanics start to get tedious after a while, you basically do the same thing over and over again.

The "sidemissions" are boring crap, I would've skipped them but they give you power ups, which are useful because of...

...the fucking checkpoints. There's only one per level, which are very long and full of dangers. From the third world on, it becomes just annoying and tedious, I don't even know if I'll finish the game, which is a shame because is very good.

emb

I'm still playing through Bravely Default. I took a little break to get through some Professor Laytons, but now I'm back at it. I'm about 12 hours in (currently at the floral town), and it feels like I'm just barely getting started. Loving it so far though!

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
ace-combat-3d-assa-4ea7feb34ce1c_zps500fd1d0.jpg

Except of Air Combat, this is the least enjoyable Ace Combat game that I've played, but it's still fun. I'm now playing it on the hardest difficulty, I'm hoping that might make it a little more enjoyable. I haven't started on all of the challenges yet though.

I also downloaded The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons a few months ago, and I finally started Ages. Pretty good so far, it controls much better with the D-pad than the circle pad.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I finally beat Bravely Default 2 days ago. I'm currently playing nothing, since I'm taking a break. I do still have Pokemon and Mario & Luigi Dream Team to finish up, so I'll likely be playing one of those next. Apart from maybe Kirby and Smash, I can't say I have much interest in any of the 3DS titles releasing in the near term.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I jump around a lot.

Right now, I'm flitting between Animal Crossing New Leaf, Disney's Magical World, A Link Between Worlds, and New Super Mario Bros. 2.

OmegaFax

Mario Golf World Tour. Ended up being my unlikely favorite this weekend. Normally, not into sports games. Played the demo and it didn't win me over, so naturally, I end up buying it and it's addicting.

Got Kirby a day early last Thursday and had it beat by Friday evening and am standing at 91% completion. I'm going to go back and finish Kirby Fighters and True Arena whenever/if ever I put down Mario Golf.

suberzat

Since school is out im going to start working on my backlog. First Fire Emblem then Project X zone. Hope I have time to finish off Xenoblade before summer school.

Jme

RRDBBLogointro.jpg

This just might be a part of the future of gaming... a solid demo - and a plot that involves you buying more chunks of the game. I don't think most games will go this route but I definitely see a place for this sort of thing.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Conception II
Etrian Odyssey IV and Untold
and III, but that's not a 3DS game
Shinobi
I really should finish Inazuma Eleven...

Yasawas

I can't stop with Sayonara Umihara Kawase, shame on you all for not buying it. Absolutely wonderful, and so much content.

Alternating with Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright but eight hours in it's not entirely grabbing me yet. Less chat more puzzles pls.

ohlawd

I can't stop with Sayonara Umihara Kawase, shame on you all for not buying it. Absolutely wonderful, and so much content.

Alternating with Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright but eight hours in it's not entirely grabbing me yet. Less chat more puzzles pls.
I bought Yumi at full price on top of Canadaland tax. I did my job and then some.

I've finished like ten levels. Gonna wait until June to really focus on it since that month is barren.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Currently playing Ocarina of Time 3D.

Etrian Odyssey IV is calling to my soul though.................................................

.......but then again ATLUS just released Nocturne on PS3 urghhhhhhhhh.

VLiberty

6 hours through Epic Mickey and while think it's underrated, I've got to admit that it has some flaws.

Starting from the smaller ones: the touch screen mechanics start to get tedious after a while, you basically do the same thing over and over again.

The "sidemissions" are boring crap, I would've skipped them but they give you power ups, which are useful because of...

...the fucking checkpoints. There's only one per level, which are very long and full of dangers. From the third world on, it becomes just annoying and tedious, I don't even know if I'll finish the game, which is a shame because is very good.

Ok nvm, I finished the game and the checkpoints gave me problem only in one level, the one before the last, which was the one I did just before writing the post.

Baus

Just beat Yoshi's New Island which wasn't that great. Currently trying to complete my pokedex in pokemon, but by having every single pokemon in my box.
So every single evolution, etc.
It's pretty tedious, but I find it relaxing. Other than that I still have not chosen a new game to play from my backlog. I might finally finish samurai warriors which I got at launch, but never really got into it.

After having a blast with Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies, I'm finally around to Zelda: Link Between Worlds and its as great as everyone says.

I hear a lot of talk about how numbers are down and the end has begun for the 3DS, but I've got enough great 2013 releases to last me a couple of years, haha. Really, really hoping for PAL releases for PQ and SMT IV though.

fred

I'm really enjoying Nintendo Pocket Football Club at the moment. It's brilliant. Not sure where I am now but last night I was the 37th best team in the UK. :eek:D

Currently playing Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Never played any paper Mario game before and I just decided to try this out. I know people say it's not as good as the previous games but I'm liking it so far. Only problem is it seems like I'm backtracking a lot. I'm up to 3-8 and I've been going back to previous worlds a lot to get other things. I think I might have gotten stuck though.

Also I hate that you can't sprint and screw the museum for not making copies of the stickers you have but actually taking them from you instead.

Outside of Tales of Symphonia and the Wii U, I'm playing Pokemon X and Y a lot right now. Well, mostly Pokemon Y. But a little bit of both.

Yasawas

After having a blast with Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies,

I have this to play after Layton x Wright and I'm looking forward to it but something I'm really hating in my game is the voice acting for Phoenix and Maya. In my head in the DS games they were never American and the sound of them has me mashing A so fast I'm missing bits of the story now, it just sounds wrong. In Dual Destinies are they voice acted and can it be turned off?

Myriadis

Currently I'm playing Phoenix Wright:Dual Destinies and I absolutely love it. It's my first PW game and one of the first Visual Novel-Style games I ever played. The plot twists are absolutely great and I love it that they allow you to figure out some stuff by yourself.

Also doing a hard mode run in Zelda:ALBW with no faries, potions or anything that can heal you. There are so many close moments, I absolutely love it.

Zelda ALBW, and it is handing my arse to me. Great game but a few really weird/crap design choices. Like the item rental is bullshit.

Currently farming rupees via bees so I don't need to borrow items and just buy them outright. Bullshit mechanic.

Also this ice cave is giving me water temple flashback and is turning me insane.

Mikemart

Banned
Kirby 3DS, Almost at the final boss, after that I'll pick up another game while I slowly 100% it.

After this I'm going to move onto either

Fire Emblem
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
Link Between Worlds

Haven't decided which one yet though.

Top Bottom