• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What's the deal with Final Fantasy Theatrhythm? I guess I don't understand if Curtain Call is supposed to be a sequel, or more of a enhanced edition. If it's the latter, I may as well just wait, right?

I wouldn't mind trying Rhythm Thief either. Seems like it's out of print and a bit obnoxious to get used. Lots of "cart only" it seems in the 3DS market. I'm not into that. Also along those lines, Cave Story 3D is 100 bucks new through a 'Fulfilled by Amazon' retailer? Gotta say, I'm not really into the supply and demand situation being this way for a current-gen system.

When I asked the Theatrhythm question, I was told that it has everything the original has and more, so I just decided to wait.

As for Cave Story 3D, if you look around enough, you'll find good prices on it used. I bought a CIB copy of it for something like $20 at a Gamestop, shockingly enough.

I haven't really been playing a whole lot on my 3DS at the moment since I've been playing on other platforms, but I'm still putting time into Animal Crossing New Leaf. It's so good.

Returned to Fire Emblem: Awakening and on whim decided to d/l the Future Past dlc. Good stuff, nicely challenging to keep all alive. Played through them cleanly (nice ending) on my main Normal/Classic file...but the Hard/Classic file I'm still working on.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
When I asked the Theatrhythm question, I was told that it has everything the original has and more, so I just decided to wait.

As for Cave Story 3D, if you look around enough, you'll find good prices on it used. I bought a CIB copy of it for something like $20 at a Gamestop, shockingly enough.

Cheers. It's been so long since I've even set foot in a Gamestop. I figured they would be tossing the boxes for handheld games to save on storage costs, bastards that they are :)

Tom_Cody

DKCR3D: Approaching the end of the main game but then I plan to continue on to obtain all of the collectibles. Although I'm at the end of world 8, I'm probably only halfway done with the title.

Picross e2: Still chipping away at this. I'm on my last "micross" puzzle and from there I'll move on to e3. I don't spend much time on these games in a given week but it's always nice to one among the visible icons on my 3DS. Sometimes after an especially long day at work this is the only franchise that I'm in the mood for.

smuf

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

40 hours in, this game is way too long for it's own good. Don't think I will ever play another game in this series again, they've been getting worse with every entry.

Been playing Super Mario Land 3D. Halfway through the special world. Good game, but the normal levels were way too easy.

What's the deal with Final Fantasy Theatrhythm? I guess I don't understand if Curtain Call is supposed to be a sequel, or more of a enhanced edition. If it's the latter, I may as well just wait, right?

I wouldn't mind trying Rhythm Thief either. Seems like it's out of print and a bit obnoxious to get used. Lots of "cart only" it seems in the 3DS market. I'm not into that. Also along those lines, Cave Story 3D is 100 bucks new through a 'Fulfilled by Amazon' retailer? Gotta say, I'm not really into the supply and demand situation being this way for a current-gen system.

Rhythm Thief is $20 on the eshop , and nicalis has hinted on miiverse that they maybe working on publishing cave story 3d on the eshop

gogoud

Nothing at the moment but am aiming at purchasing at least 5 games that came out/will come out. Kirby, golf, tamadodchi, and a few others I can't remember.

My brother mailed my his 3DS a few weeks ago so I'm playing through all of his games right now. Really liking bravely default, DKC, dream team, and Zelda. Any other games I should check out? ( besides Pokemon)

Just bought SMT Soul Hackers off of the eShop on sale, and got my ass handed to me by the first boss. Will have to get into the nitty gritty of the battle system, but there's been nothing in the game to ease me into the many statuses on the demons and what not, or how the moon system works. I guess I can read a guide, but I really don't like reading guides.

Also am still working on the special worlds in Super Mario 3D Land. The most fun I've had gaming in forever.

I also just finished Resident Evil Revelations a couple of weeks ago but I have not felt the need to jump into Raid Mode. Seems like everyone is already Lvl. 50 and there isn't much point in grinding up to their level.

And I bought Shinobi, got past the first level after many tries, and it sits there intimidating me.

So I picked up Layton 5 and I've been slowly working my way through it, I stopped to play Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. I'm not really digging the 3D character models. I'm not saying I would prefer static 2D portraits necessarily, but the models lack the expressiveness of the art. Anyway, it seems like an ok game so far but clearly my love for Layton has waned over the many years (and sequels).

I need suggestion of a very grindy game, if it's rpg better still, that is neither complex or has high barrier to entry. Also comprehensible for 7 years old.

Can be from DS.

Mario&Luigi dream team.. My five year old can manage. I'd suspect a seven year old could already make it, if you show him/her the ropes..

Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. I've had it since launch but never even got to the third town restoration plan. I seriously love harvest moon games. I heard nintendo added some nintendo exclusive items to the sequel and that gives me hope wii u game.

bumpkin

I was playing through Yoshi's New Island until I decided to pick up Pokemon X on a semi-whim (Club Nintendo promo). Finished that a few weeks ago and decided to revisit Crimson Shroud -- shelved it temporarily for other games -- and also found myself feeling really nostalgic and started playing Zelda 2 on the VC.

I'll probably pick Yoshi back up this weekend so I can see how that pans out. I was on world 4 or 5 when I left off. Wasn't hating it, but wasn't exactly loving it either. I think the music is my biggest complaint.

Having 100%ed Kirby's Dreamland, Kirby's Adventure (3D) and Kirby's Dreamland 2 earlier in the week, I got round to getting 100% for the first time ever on Kirby Super Star Ultra today.
Man True Arena was punishing :(

I did still have Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Canvas Curse to go but I'm too impatient so am finally now jumping into Triple Deluxe.
Just beat the first two levels and I'm already obsessed with the keychains.

char0n

Pokemon X though I've been slacking the last few days and won't get a chance to play at all this weekend probably. Other than that, I always go back to some MK7 and recently got the OoT upgrade that I was probably going to go through until I got hooked on X, so it will probably be in the mix once I've beaten X. Then there's just all the challenges in various games I haven't gone back to (haven't perfected 3D land, beaten LBW hard mode, done anything outside of the story mode of Luigi's Mansion...). 3DS may be my favorite portable console at this point taking out for nostalgia, mostly great games I can see myself playing again and enjoying and the only disappointment so far has been NSMB2.

Zing

Banned
I never completed Ocarina of Time on the N64, so I fired up the 3DS version. I am very disappointed at the framerate. I know it was low in the original game, but I assumed they would smooth it out (it hitches frequently) and raise the framerate.

It's also the first 3DS game I have seen with no digital manual. Odd.

I'm just not feeling it. I'm at the second dungeon and would rather play something else (currently the original King's Field on PSone).

I am still actively playing Yoshi's New Island and Kirby Triple Deluxe, although the latter game makes the former look weak. I have never really enjoyed a Kirby game until this one. It's fantastic!

I have copies of Pokemon X and Y for me and my daughter to play, but I am waiting until the school year ends in June.

I never completed Ocarina of Time on the N64, so I fired up the 3DS version. I am very disappointed at the framerate. I know it was low in the original game, but I assumed they would smooth it out (it hitches frequently) and raise the framerate.

It's also the first 3DS game I have seen with no digital manual. Odd.

I'm just not feeling it. I'm at the second dungeon and would rather play something else (currently the original King's Field on PSone).

I am still actively playing Yoshi's New Island and Kirby Triple Deluxe, although the latter game makes the former look weak. I have never really enjoyed a Kirby game until this one. It's fantastic!

I have copies of Pokemon X and Y for me and my daughter to play, but I am waiting until the school year ends in June.

I'm playing Ocarina of Time for the first time and even though I can see that it is an awesome game, I think I'm burned out on Zelda after so many same-y releases. It's still early on though, so i'm going to stick with it and hope it opens up. I wish I had gotten around to this one before the franchise was watered down.

ZombieLPK

Currently slowly working my way through Mario Golf, and on the side replaying Ouendan 2. After Mario Golf I'm going to make a start on Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D since I never played it on the Wii.

Progress has been slow since I've recently been playing NES remix 2 in the time I'd usually spend working through my 3DS stuff.

VLiberty

[necroposting]

I've dropped Yoshi's New Island some weeks ago at half game...man, that was boring.

I'm slowly playing through Pilotwings Resort though. It doesn't have a lot of content but the what's there is really good. I don't think I have the patience to go 100% on the missions but I want to get 100% in free mode.
This game will be the only way I'll see the sea this summer. Fucking university. :(

I should start Pullblox someday...

themanvern

Neo Member
Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy... Very underrated game. I know its a remake of ace combat 2 (which i never played). But after the complete disappointment of Ace Combat Assault Horizon on my ps3 I am thrilled to find this gem. I really wish I had found it when it first came out.

It is tough to find. but if you liked the ace combat 4 and 5 and own a 3ds do yourself a favor and try to pick it up.

I found it on amazon for short money about $20

redcrayon

I haven't played anything since Bravely Default. Still waiting for Shovel Knight and SMTIV to reignite my enthusiasm for it, although I'm planning on a fresh playthrough of Zelda LBW soon. So few games I play through more than once, that's definitely going to be one of them.

VLiberty

I haven't played anything since Bravely Default. Still waiting for Shovel Knight and SMTIV to reignite my enthusiasm for it, although I'm planning on a fresh playthrough of Zelda LBW soon. So few games I play through more than once, that's definitely going to be one of them.

I feel your pain EU-fella...well, actually I'm not interested in SMT4 and I'm waiting for a Vita version of SK, but I feel your pain for games released in NA that take forever to get to EU.

Still waiting on Mutant Mudds PSV and 1001 Spikes here in Europe. Dang you Nicalis. And dang you Renegade Kid

TheGrue

Trying to get that 100th sticker in Disney Magical World. Should have it in the next couple of days. I played Animal Crossing every day for a year straight and decided to give this a try and then got completely sucked into it. Once I get it, I will move onto Rune Factory 4 for my grinding obsession.

Also playing:

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
Mario Golf
Tomodachi Life
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (once I get this done, I need to get on that Phoenix Wright 3DS game)
Shovel Knight

Aiustis

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy... Very underrated game. I know its a remake of ace combat 2 (which i never played). But after the complete disappointment of Ace Combat Assault Horizon on my ps3 I am thrilled to find this gem. I really wish I had found it when it first came out.

It is tough to find. but if you liked the ace combat 4 and 5 and own a 3ds do yourself a favor and try to pick it up.

Been trying to finish Tales of the Abyss.

I might check this out and add it to my 3ds backlog.

deim0s

Same here. Glad I dropped ACAH after that demo.

But still, I might put it aside, I have Soul Hackers and Devil Survivor to do, with spurts of Shovel Knight.

Top Bottom