• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Zenner

Currently playing:

The Michael Jackson Experience 3D - found a copy for $7 at Frys. It's a pretty decent rhythm game, if you like his music.

Code of Princess - slowly grinding through this. It's a bit meh, though. Wouldn't recommend.

I'll be doing that B1G1 deal at Best Buy next week; grabbing A Link Between Worlds and undecided between Yoshi or Kirby. Also keeping an eye out on Ebay for cheap copies of NSMB 1 & 2

Ludist210

Do DS games count since I play those on my 3DS? Because I'm currently working on Rune Factory 2 in order to eventually get to 4. (still have to play 3 as well, but I own all of them) I've married and had a child, but I need to raise a few more gold to be able to build the school.

As far as 3DS games go, mostly Mario Golf: World Tour right now. I want to unlock all of the costumes, but some of those Castle Club Costume Challenges are brutal.

bumpkin

I got a $25 gift card from my in-laws for my birthday (July 5th) and decided to pick up Kirby Triple Deluxe. It only costed me $2.99 out of pocket thanks to the GCU discount. I'm up to the fourth island and have been loving it! The game isn't terribly challenging, but it's fun and charming. Glad I bought it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Mariokart 8 is so good that it brought me back to Mariokart 7. I've still got some characters to unlock!

Edit: Also took my 3DS on vacation a few weeks back. Although I barely played it, I did keep it on me for Street Passes, and managed to complete two more puzzles.

Shovel Knight.

I really am amazed at how fun it is. I like very, very few actual NES games. But Shovel Knight really is just a fantastic game on its own merits.

Phil S.

Banned
Replaying A Link Between Worlds for the third or fourth time, and revisiting my save in Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy.

kunonabi

Tomodachi Life is my main game right now since I finished all my backlogged stuff

Other than that playing Castlevania the Adventure and Mario Golf on the VC.

I do plan on taking advantage of the best buy sale so I should be playing Kirby in the near future.

llamarawk

I love how varied the responses in the thread are. Everyone's playing different games and loving them and most have differing favorites. 3DS is just that good of a library. ALBW and FEA are my favorites but Fantasy Life and SSB are going to be awesome too!

Biggie

Just finished Kirby Triple Deluxe, now I'm going to put some more time into Mario Golf and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Triple Deluxe is by no means hard, but it kept bringing a smile to my face and really shows why Nintendo are the kings of their craft. Plus trading tips and tricks with my nephew was awesome.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Shovel Knight and Shadow Wars.

Bought Shadow Wars during the $7.50... it's looks like a really bad mobile game. Plays like something better.

yayaba

My main rotation is bouncing between Link Between Two Worlds, finishing the
special
levels in Mario 3D Land, and hopelessly addicted to Animal Crossing (first one I've really gotten into).

Secondary rotation is Pushmo for a few minutes, Mario Golf, and some online matches in Mario Kart 7. Online Mario Kart is a blast. The single player got boring after about an hour but I've sunk a good number of hours playing online already. My VR score is only around 1100 so I've a ways to go to improve that.

Also downloaded Wario Land 1 on the virtual console. I've never played any Wario games so I have 2 others after that :)

Jado

Banned
Just finished Link's Awakening, after my first and only playthrough on OG Gameboy back in 1996. Good game, but a lot more linear than I remember.

A little over a week ago, I played through NES Legend of Zelda in about a day. Right before that I played Link Between Worlds, first game on my new 3DSXL.

I'm finding that playing on my commute is allowing me to finish games that would have been too time-consuming for couch play. Entertaining the idea of giving RPGs another chance. Perhaps Bravely or Pokemon...

yayaba

Looking back through this thread I notice a lot of people juggling games. I find having digital versions of the games almost makes me ADD in a way since I play one game for 10 mins, hit the home button, and immediately switch to the next.

I guess the system having a killer library also is a reason why I find myself doing that so much.

Last game i played: Bravely Default

Now: nothing but demos so far.

Not sure if i'm gonna take advantage of the BB deals next week. Tempting but do i really want it that's the ? for me though. Or wait for a better deals later on in the year.

phanphare

Banned
nothing, Wii U is taking up all of my time lately. I haven't bought a 3DS game in 2014 yet. I did finally beat Pokemon X, though, when I went out of town a few months ago.

I'll be back for Smash. oh yes.

RedShift

Pokemon Y
Ocarina of Time
Pokemon: The Trading Card Game (GBC) (So good)
Just finished AA5

After that thinking of getting Fire Emblem (only played the first GBA one but loved it), ALBW, and MK7. Of course by that point Smash and Pokemon remakes will be out. And I need to play Link's Awakening... Too many games.

Sothpaw

I have owned a 3DS since day 1 and have not completed a single game on it. I tried the launch Tom Clancy game, but it was too simple to bother with. I was hoping for more metroidvanias and games like Chinatown Wars, but for whatever reason 3DS has nothing like that.

Min0

I'm currently playing the waiting game for SMT4. I think that will be my last 3DS game. Not going to buy Smash (that will be on Wii U for me) and I don't care about any of the next releases :(

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Youkai Watch!

After struggling with Japanese for so long, my language is finally good enough to understand and enjoy the game.

I had to shelve Pokemon as I just couldn't understand it when I bought it last year, but will return to that when I'm done with Youkai Watch.

Mario 64 currently, first time through and thoroughly enjoying it! So much easier with the Circle pad too!

After this, I want to finish the last several special levels on 3D Land (I'm really struggling with those), restart Ocarina of Time 3D, and complete the final world on Yoshi's Island DS!

Looking back through this thread I notice a lot of people juggling games. I find having digital versions of the games almost makes me ADD in a way since I play one game for 10 mins, hit the home button, and immediately switch to the next.
Agreed on this point. It's nice to have all my games available but I think too much choice all the time for me isn't great. I'm a bit OCD though and try to play one game at a time.

I'm trying to do Fire Emblem.

I'm trying.

It's not my kind of game I guess, and the story is so bleh.

Try the older games. The FE GBA is a good starting point but I suggest FE4 if you're not against emulation. Ideally you should be able to on the VC but it's Japanese only.

Finally unlocked the last level
S8-Crown
in Super Mario 3D Land, probably never going to beat it though. Might sell it for funds to jump in on the B1G1 sale, with Zelda and Kirby in mind. Maybe Mario Golf instead? Any thoughts?

Also about to complete SMT Soul Hackers. Didn't enjoy the last few dungeons AT ALL, so I'm not looking to play any post-game content. I also have SMTIV in shrinkwrap from the recent $20 sale, but probably will not start that for a while.

I also picked up Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 recently, but the controls are a bit much to grasp. My Become-A-Legend player hasn't done jack in the 12 or so games in his career so far.

Lots of games to play, but not entirely enthused at the moment.

Animal Crossing, until next week. My friend's buying my old 3DS off me and I'm putting that money toward an XL, then we're doing the buy-one-get-one thing at Best Buy. He's getting Pokemon and I'm getting Kirby.

I finished Yoshi's New Island and started Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. I was expecting the worst based on what I'd heard but I'm enjoying it and getting some major Mario RPG flashbacks from time to time.

Top Bottom