• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

sebco

Currently I'm a 4 or 5 hours into Luigi's Mansion. I plan on picking up Bravely Default (and Mario Golf) from Best Buy this Sunday to play next.

Qurupeke

The Smash announcements got me hyped and I started FE: Awakening. This is my second playthrough, hard diffuculty but actually I'm doing better than my previous one. I plan on Lunatic when I'm done.

Meffer

One Piece Unlimited World: R, fun game even if the camera gets too close. It makes me want to play Monster Hunter though.

cacildo

I finally needed some on the go game to pass some time, so I played the 3d splinter cell game I got last week on the Ubisoft sale for $7.50

Not as bad as everyone says it is. But I'm happy I paid less than $10 on it

Cheska

I am still trying to make my way through Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. I'm really trying to complete it before Layton Vs Wright comes out next month =]

womp

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy... Very underrated game. I know its a remake of ace combat 2 (which i never played). But after the complete disappointment of Ace Combat Assault Horizon on my ps3 I am thrilled to find this gem. I really wish I had found it when it first came out.

It is tough to find. but if you liked the ace combat 4 and 5 and own a 3ds do yourself a favor and try to pick it up.

I found it on amazon for short money about $20

I grabbed it about a month ago for $9 at Toys R Us. It is part of their sticker clearance sale and was 70% off it's $29.99 price. Been wanting to get it for awhile now and the game is awesome. Wonderful use of the 3D as well.

Bleeether

i haven't played with my 3ds in months, but if i was playing something it would be Fire Emblem because i still haven't finished it!

Josh5890

Right now I'm in the early middle of Zelda Link Between Worlds. I also go back to Animal Crossing New Leaf couple times a week.

maxcriden

I finished Yoshi's New Island and started Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. I was expecting the worst based on what I'd heard but I'm enjoying it and getting some major Mario RPG flashbacks from time to time.

Heck yeah! Dream Team is super under-appreciated. Have you played the preceding games in the series? If you're enjoying the game now, it only gets significantly better as it goes on. It was the opening, more tutorial-heavy hours that turned a lot of people off I think.

resident evil mercenaries! not a bad game for 10$! i really wish they would make a console version of mercenaries, i always end up playing way too much

Tomodachi Life and Bravely Default still. 3DS has unstoppable quality in gaming for me.

Animal Crossing still gets booted up daily but only for about 10min check these days and I'm off again.

Looking at the coming months and its insane. Are they seriously releasing Curtain Call, Fantasy Life and Smash Brothers (3DS) all within a few weeks of each other? Some of my most anticipated games of the year, would be nice to not want to try and play them all at once.

No I don't want them delayed, but maybe FF or FL could have hit a month earlier or something?

I'm slowly going through the downloadable puzzles in the Layton games.
The logic is that they will tide me over until smash gets released...

I played the demo for fe: awakening and I don't know. I'm not that big on tactics games. I'll give it a miss.

Marz

Hey guys don't know where to ask this but figured someone here might know.

Is there any known issues with digital games on 3DS where if you don't play the fame for a very long time or something it simply won't boot up until you delete and redownload the game?

A couple of my virtual console titles that I hadn't opened for like a year I had to delete them and redownload to get them to work.

Now my Pokemon Y and Fire Emblem digitals are not booting up I just get a message that says "error has occurred" screen.

Angry Guy

Bouncing between the bum rush to finally finish Fire Emblem Awakening IN CELEBRATION OF MY BAE LUCINA'S INCLUSION INTO SMASH, Shovel Knight, and Kid Icarus.

Mr Rivuz

Hey guys don't know where to ask this but figured someone here might know.

Is there any known issues with digital games on 3DS where if you don't play the fame for a very long time or something it simply won't boot up until you delete and redownload the game?

A couple of my virtual console titles that I hadn't opened for like a year I had to delete them and redownload to get them to work.

Now my Pokemon Y and Fire Emblem digitals are not booting up I just get a message that says "error has occurred" screen.
Never heard of this kind of problem... Just tried launching some of my oldest games and they all worked fine without any error.

zeromcd73

Replaying Kid Icarus and finishing off the final Layton game.

After that I will be moving onto either Shin Megami Tensei IV or Youkai Watch 2.

Ascenion

I was actually just given a 3DS a few days ago for my birthday. I'm curious as to what is good for it. This is what I have plus Mario and Luigi came with the system.

Rid0WnW.jpg

zeromcd73

I was actually just given a 3DS a few days ago for my birthday. I'm curious as to what is good for it. This is what I have plus Mario and Luigi came with the system.

Rid0WnW.jpg
Start off with these :)

- Super Mario 3D Land
- Luigi's Mansion 2
- Bravely Default
- Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds
- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Kid Icarus: Uprising

I have a few games I need to continue on 3DS...but what I'm actually playing these days is Picross e5 ^^; Perfect for playing a few minutes before sleeping.

Sora_N

Mario 64 currently, first time through and thoroughly enjoying it! So much easier with the Circle pad too!

After this, I want to finish the last several special levels on 3D Land (I'm really struggling with those), restart Ocarina of Time 3D, and complete the final world on Yoshi's Island DS!

How does that work? For the CCP

Recently beat Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies and currently playing Kirby Triple Deluxe.
Will move onto Mario Golf, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright and FF Tactics A2.

3DS is better than all consoles these days

Joey Ravn

Banned
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons... for the I-don't-know-how-many-time. I'm trying to wrap it up ASAP, so I can FINALLY get myself to play Fire Emblem: Awakening. I've had it digital since launch, but I never managed to start it. All this Robin and Lucinda in Smash talk got me really curious about this game.

Heck yeah! Dream Team is super under-appreciated. Have you played the preceding games in the series? If you're enjoying the game now, it only gets significantly better as it goes on. It was the opening, more tutorial-heavy hours that turned a lot of people off I think.

This is actually my first game in the series. I always meant to play the others but just never got around to it.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Kirby Triple Deluxe, and it might be the best game I played this year so far. I'm honestly shocked at how good it is

VLiberty

3 stars on Pilotwings missions are easier to get than I expected, I've got them on almost all levels except the Platinum ones (which I still have to play at all).

What are the most interesting upcoming eshop games(not coming to Vita too)? Right now I just have Gunman Clive 2(though I've yet to play GC1) and Shantae in my wishlist

maxcriden

Rid0WnW.jpg

Happy belated Birthday!!! That is my favorite LE 3DS, really nice style on that one.

This is actually my first game in the series. I always meant to play the others but just never got around to it.

They're all superb, be sure to try to check them out (in order if possible) after this. The first one's on Wii U GBA VC now, BTW.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Working through Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars finally. First game I bought for my 3DS, but I got side tracked by Fire Emblem a week later. The AI started to get smarter half way through. It's paying attention to where my cloaked Banshee is shooting from, moving a unit up to reveal her and then focus firing while she's revealed. I can't let her solo the map anymore. :(

coopolon

Super Mario 3d Land. I have one last level in special world 7. They're getting pretty tough...I'm no longer even trying for star coins and I'm worried I'm going to hit a lock in s8 and have to go back and find more.

I really enjoyed the first 8 worlds, but they were way too easy, and now the special worlds being SO much harder (I mean, still not HARD HARD, but relatively speaking) is a bad flow to the game. should have had easy and hard levels intermixed.

I HATE the ghost mario levels.

ionitron

Try the older games. The FE GBA is a good starting point but I suggest FE4 if you're not against emulation. Ideally you should be able to on the VC but it's Japanese only.

I'll keep at it, but I just think I'm not super into strategies.

Sorry if off-topic but I'm genuinely curious: What appears to be the consensus on Dream Team to fans of the RPG series? The only thing I hear is that it has a lot of tutorials for a while, but I wonder how it compares to the other three games? Is Partners in Time still the "unfavorite"?

Currently, I'm playing Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario Golf World Tour, and Etrian Odyssey Untold. Got Kirby at launch, been taking my time playing it. I play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on my 3DS (as well as WiiU) quite often as well.

ISorry if off-topic but I'm genuinely curious: What appears to be the consensus on Dream Team to fans of the RPG series? The only thing I hear is that it has a lot of tutorials for a while, but I wonder how it compares to the other three games? Is Partners in Time still the "unfavorite"?

I actually like Partners in Time slightly (very slightly; babies) more than Dream Team, but I think I'm the minority. It has a more interesting story than Dream Team does and it moves faster, and those two things are all it has. And both of those things apply to every entry that isn't Dream Team. Dream Team's crazy-slow pacing brings the experience down a whole lot, and when you reach the point in the story that makes you say "hm, we're goin' old-school aren't we?" it goes down even more. And it's really slow. My final playtime would've been cut by 10+ hours if it played like the older entries. Oh, did I mention Dream Team is slow?

MrBS

After Bravely Default I'm now back to a my halfway finished game of Senran Kagura. I forgot how portable friendly this game is. So nice to storm through a stage in a few minutes when I've got the time.

JMizzlin

Struggling through Shovel Knight, haha.
Looking to pick up a new game. Sad DKC3D was a platinum level game because I'm keen to try that.
Might go Mario golf or the GBA Mario Tennis game.

vgamer1

Just got Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D from a kind gaffer for free so I'm just about done with world 2 there, and I'm also playing through Kirby Triple Deluxe and I'm in Chapter three of Bravely Default.

Gaming Overload.

maxcriden

Sorry if off-topic but I'm genuinely curious: What appears to be the consensus on Dream Team to fans of the RPG series? The only thing I hear is that it has a lot of tutorials for a while, but I wonder how it compares to the other three games? Is Partners in Time still the "unfavorite"?

Oh, no, it's not off-topic at all. Well, I think PiT and DT are considered to be the black sheep of the series. People felt like PiT was lesser compared to the first game, and that DT was too tutorial-heavy as you mentioned. Personally I didn't mind the tutorials in PiT. I think there are just a lot more mechanics that need tutorials in that game compared to the others. I've really immensely enjoyed what I've played of all of the games in the series and think they're all well worth playing on their own merits.

SexyFish

Banned
Just finished Super Mario 3D Land. Planning on starting Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D next. Also have SMT IV and EO IV to work on also.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

Dream Team is splendid. Not as good as BIS but better than PIT and on par with SS, imho. Yes, the first couple hours are a bit hand-holdy but then it opens up to complete brilliance

Top Bottom