• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Lingitiz

Just started DKCR3D. Awesome, just like the Wii version. Still working on SMT4 which is just ridiculously huge, and replaying FE Awakening on hard.

VLiberty

100% in free mode and 3 star on every Gold mission, need to get 3 star on all platinum mission and then I'm done with Pilotwings. Sucks that there won't be a new PW for a long time :(

Meanwhile I started Pullblox...it's a blast!

Zelda:ALBW

I haven't played a Zelda game since TP, and that was horrible I gave up very early, so I haven't completed one since WW. This is a nice throwback, but Zelda games are always a slog to me, I go between having fun and being annoyed - I'll be glad to complete it, but I do want to do that. The painting mechanic is fun though, it's a nice new addition and adds to the puzzle and exploration a lot.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Playing DKCR3D that I got free from the Platinum reward. I had not played the Wii version of the game and I am pleasantly surprised! Will probably get the Wii U game because of it.

MAtgS

Continuing with on & off FE:A progress. Just got to B-support with Lucina & starting to wonder if the zombie apocalypse is literally all she ever talks about.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Project X Zone

Nice, simple fun srpg. Nothing too special though.

Also completibg fallblox after pullblox world got me hooked on the blox universe again :)

Usobuko

Banned
Just started FE: Awakening.

SMT DS Overclocked great game but damn the final battle of the ds game (not the extended content) does not mess mess around.

Which route did you pick? I thought you should be fine if you fuse repeatedly.

Been a long time since I beat the vanilla version on DS though.

Started playing Animal Crossing New Leaf again.
My town needs to grow in population instead of weeds.
So I ripped out all the weeds and new people came to live in my town.

THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!

maxcriden

100% in free mode and 3 star on every Gold mission, need to get 3 star on all platinum mission and then I'm done with Pilotwings. Sucks that there won't be a new PW for a long time :(

Meanwhile I started Pullblox...it's a blast!

I got PW from a GAFer but haven't played it yet. So it's awesome? I haven't heard much about it. I think I play the N64 game for a few minutes years ago.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Just started FE: Awakening.

Which route did you pick? I thought you should be fine if you fuse repeatedly.

Been a long time since I beat the vanilla version on DS though.

Got there eventually wasn't so much an issue with difficulty but more
due to the non stop boss battles my mana was basically non existent on the last two fights so I got my asses kicked on my first run through the gauntlet, I remembered since Jezebel is passive as fuck I could just regenerate my mana during her fight for the final stretch. Went the messiah route. I that cousin dude was using me for his own personal vendetta that swine. Still interested in doing his route though.

Picked up a refurb xl almost 18 months after selling my original (along with MK7, NSB2, Mario 3DL), and got a vita instead. Wow the vita is awesome (ffx).

But needed that Nintendo fix :) with the new XL, got fire emblem awakening and bravely default.

I never play strategy games but OMG FE is so addictive and fun! The casual mode is key. Ultimate commuter game.

Tempted to pick up Kirby triple deluxe...i like Kirby snes games but don't love them. I did LOVE Kirby on the original ds though - so creative.

3ds has quite the Impressive library now. Can't wait to try Layton v Phoenix in August. Never played either franchise before.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
PICROSS 3D , best puzzle game ever by HAL , we need an entry on the eshop .

blues-brothers-5_288x216.jpg

another brother has seen the light

Miletius

Tomodachi Life, in short bursts and with the girlfriend.

Inazuma Seven, which is kind of hard.

and, DKR3d, which I got for Platinum status this year.

Shinta

Banned
SMT IV at the moment, and Pilotwings Resort.

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball basically gets at least 2 hours a week every week.

SoulUnison

Banned
Tomodachi Life
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Platinum Reward)

Backlog:
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Project X Zone
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Picked up a refurb xl almost 18 months after selling my original (along with MK7, NSB2, Mario 3DL), and got a vita instead. Wow the vita is awesome (ffx).

But needed that Nintendo fix :) with the new XL, got fire emblem awakening and bravely default.

I never play strategy games but OMG FE is so addictive and fun! The casual mode is key. Ultimate commuter game.

Tempted to pick up Kirby triple deluxe...i like Kirby snes games but don't love them. I did LOVE Kirby on the original ds though - so creative.

3ds has quite the Impressive library now. Can't wait to try Layton v Phoenix in August. Never played either franchise before.

Get Ace Attorney Dual Destinies even if your new to the series it's a great game, you won't regret it. Then wait for the trilogy.

I need to get me some Zelda on this thing current on a SMT binge (can't wait for IV)

Fireblend

Banned
Kirby, Pushmo and Animal Crossing. I'm buying Shovel Knight soon so surely I'll be playing that as well in the near future.

Loooooove the 3DS.
Can't wait for Smash.

JaCy

Mainly A Link Between Worlds, I bought it day1 and I barely started it last month. I'm enjoying to so far,I hated The Dark Palace though.

Swamped

Banned
Still playing Bravely Default - I got it at launch but kind of got burnt out about halfway and switched to Kid Icarus: Uprising (such a fantastic game!). But I'm back to Bravely now, I'm revitalized after a break from it. I love the battle mechanics in the game and love it even more now that I have all jobs and most abilities unlocked. It's fun making strategies!

Get Ace Attorney Dual Destinies even if your new to the series it's a great game, you won't regret it. Then wait for the trilogy.

I need to get me some Zelda on this thing current on a SMT binge (can't wait for IV)

Just realized dual destinies is eshop digital only! How annoying. Hope it's good :)

Bulbasaur

Banned
animal crossing bursts and Sakura Samurai. I haven't bought a full release game since Pokemon X and Y, waiting for Smash Bros, Fantasy life and Monster Hunter 4 in the coming months, those titles will pretty much have me covered for the next year or so I'd say.

Finished Ocarina of Time 3D a few days ago. Still a great game, still not my favourite 3D Zelda but it made me yearn for Majora's Mask 3D.

Now I'm not sure whether I should try to wrap up Bravely Default, Fire Emblem or Cave Story.

Got home at 5pm.

Been trying to download Donkey Fucking Kong all damned night. It keep pausing my download and I can't get it to finish, WTF!

eShop has always given me problems...

matm666

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, this was my Platinum reward, third playthrough first on my Wii, second two player, now just getting use to the new control scheme wich I assume is how Tropical Freeze plays, so it would be a good training ground for that! I love this game.

kd-z

I bought a 3DS XL about two weeks ago and have been playing Ocarina of Time 3D since then.

To give a litle bit of context for why this game is important to me: I first got excited to play it at age 13, in 2007, watching the GameTrailers Zelda Retrospective. But I never had a way to play it, not until now.

And it's wonderful.

It really does feel like a great adventure and it's stunning how modern and forward-thinking it feels in many respects, but also how not-modern it is in so many positive ways. The world, the music, the art-style - all of these things are just beautiful. The level design keeps blowing my mind. I constantly find myself thinking: "they made such good 3D dungeons in 1998?! No way!" And yet, they keep getting better and better. Yesterday I played through the Water Temple and it was a real treat. Not only great looking, it also relied on the best gadget - the hookshot - but was also vertically-oriented, which I think is a rarity in level design, as most levels in games are rather horizontal in nature. Changing the water levels to reveal new parts of the dungeon and also play around with the physics was superfun! And I thought the twisted corridor and upside-down room in the Forest Temple was imaginative.

And then I went into the Bottom of the Well and it was SUPER CREEPY. Also, cool.

I'm not sure exactly how much of the game I have left, but from what I hear Shadow Temple is a highlight, so I'm ready to have my mind blown.

It's been a seven-year wait but it was totally worth it. What a game! What a way to start off my relationship with a new console! And to think I have Fire Emblem: Awakening lying on my desk, unplayed. Holy crap!

:D!

Xemnas89

I've asked elsewhere but I'll ask here too. What seems to be the consensus on bravely default? It looks like a great classic style RPG but I've heard bad things about the second half. Is the second half a deal breaker?

guek

Banned
I've asked elsewhere but I'll ask here too. What seems to be the consensus on bravely default? It looks like a great classic style RPG but I've heard bad things about the second half. Is the second half a deal breaker?

It was for me. I couldn't finish it. The story is also just too damn forgettable.

Top Bottom