• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Just beat every stage in KI: U on difficulty 9.
Chapter 18 was a pain but it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone else made it out to be.
I've asked elsewhere but I'll ask here too. What seems to be the consensus on bravely default? It looks like a great classic style RPG but I've heard bad things about the second half. Is the second half a deal breaker?
I haven't played the game myself but I hear you can cheat that part by abusing difficulty settings and autobattle.

Flare

I pretty much bought Awakening at launch. Never got a chance to finish it but I'm making progress lately. I'm hoping to finish it before the month ends, kind of want to try replaying with a different avatar and support choices.

AmuroRX

Banned
I love my 3ds a lot for sure. Unfortunately I have a friend that totally resent me for recommending me the system to him. After getting Bravely Default (which he hated after chapter 2, but loved chapter 1) didn't find anything else that fit with his high standards. This is what he told me:

Fire Emblem: Weapon Degradation/breaking is for chumps
Mario and Luigi: idiotic humor with weak rpg mechanics
Phoenix Wright: Too anime-ish a non-game
Zelda OOT: Old game he already played with shitty water temple
Zelda ALBW: a poor man Link to the Past
Shovel Knight: indie pixel art games are played out
Animal Crossing: boring busy work non-game
Monster Hunter: rather play it on a console with real online support
Etrian Odyssey (all of them): Stupid first person combat with bad rpg mechanics
Mario Kart 7: Tired of the franchise
Mario 3D Land: Tired of Mario games
Kirby Triple Delux: Too easy boring platformer
Donkey Kong Returns: Rather play it on the wii
SMT4: boring first person, a poor man's version of SMT3 (only good SMT game)

I honestly had no idea he was that picky and I have known him for 8 years. I dont' know if he's just being a dick and trolling me but man I think he just lost his love for games...He makes me sad...

Thoraxes

I love my 3ds a lot for sure. Unfortunately I have a friend that totally resent me for recommending me the system to him. After getting Bravely Default (which he hated after chapter 2, but loved chapter 1) didn't find anything else that fit with his high standards. This is what he told me:

I honestly had no idea he was that picky and I have known him for 8 years. I dont' know if he's just being a dick and trolling me but man I think he just lost his love for games...He makes me sad...

I think i'm going to throw up.

.... And Luigi's Mansion??
Probably a weak irrelevant spin-off or something. ]:
Seems like he's just got his mind stuck on disliking the console.

Wut. This reads like a shitpost from 4chan.

Still chipping away at Fire Emblem: Awakening. I've put 30+ hours into it and feel like I've barely scratched the surface. Am I right in feeling that way? How many hours on average would you say that it takes to go through the story? Just curious to hear what I have ahead of myself. Thanks!

Kilvin

Due to Club Nintendo, I've been playing Donkey Kong Country Returns. Though truthfully I haven't been playing my 3DS much lately.

I am getting the itch to fire up Pokemon X again.

I've been PC gaming a lot and haven't touched my 3DS much, but the other day I went back to Devil Survivor Overclocked. Beaten it with three different endings thus far, trying for Atsuro's ending next.

Zorfendor

Neo Member
I should be playing Tales of the Abyss...its the only game in my 3DS backlog I haven't finished. But I'm getting distracted by Xenoblade Chronicles, Netflix, and work.

And the worst part is that I still need quite a few titles, like Fire Emblem Awakening, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, and Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

throw your friend out of a window. He's useless

maxcriden

PICROSS 3D , best puzzle game ever by HAL , we need an entry on the eshop .

Ooh, I've got this but haven't played it. It's that good, huh? Love that doggie on the cover!

It's been a seven-year wait but it was totally worth it. What a game! What a way to start off my relationship with a new console! And to think I have Fire Emblem: Awakening lying on my desk, unplayed. Holy crap!

:D!

It's awesome to hear someone get to experience this gem for the first time and truly appreciate it. Just think of the other amazing Zeldas and other game you still have yet to play!

Just beat every stage in KI: U on difficulty 9.
Chapter 18 was a pain but it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone else made it out to be.

That's extremely impressive! Kudos!

A bit quiet for 3DS games for me atm since finishing A Link Between Worlds. Waiting to Shovel Knight to be released [EU]. Thinking I may get Kid Icarus Uprising to tide me over as I've never played it.
Or may just wait a few weeks for Rogue Legacy to come out [on the Vita - sorry to mention a rival handheld].

/decisions

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
A bit quiet for 3DS games for me atm since finishing A Link Between Worlds. Waiting to Shovel Knight to be released [EU]. Thinking I may get Kid Icarus Uprising to tide me over as I've never played it.
Or may just wait a few weeks for Rogue Legacy to come out [on the Vita - sorry to mention a rival handheld].

/decisions

I strongly recommed buying Kirby Triple Deluxe. It's my GOTY candidate so far, and the only other Kirby game I ever played was Canvas Curse. Now I'm a fan

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I just got Donkey Kong Country Returns from the year end promotion, so enjoying that.

Etrian Odyssey Untold is still sitting there, I need to get back to it
Got Kirby 3D Classic also from a promotion

VLiberty

I got PW from a GAFer but haven't played it yet. So it's awesome? I haven't heard much about it. I think I play the N64 game for a few minutes years ago.

It's good. It's not really content-filled as it has just one location (although very big), but the gameplay stands still.
It can be either relaxing(if you want to explore the island in free mode) or challenging (if you want to get 3 stars on missions, which is the minimum challenge. Getting perfect scores is the real challenge)

I've never played the old PW but I like the genre (I loved Glyder on iOS) so it's a shame that we'll likely not see a new Pilotwings game in the near future.

I've got to the second batch of pictures levels in Pullblox. Levels are starting to get very complex and biiiiiig

RobRSG

He is tired of Mario games? Then he should retire from gaming at all.

My vita.

Seriously though, I've beaten everything I wanted to play a while ago so I haven't touched my 3DS in a long time. Just waiting for pokemon and that will change.

rpowelll

Neo Member
Right now playing Fire Emblem: Awakening and Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. I found some cheap copies of Rhythm Heaven and Dragon Quest IX on eBay so I'll probably play those next.

Persona 4 Golden on my Vita. I've spent a ton of money on my 3DS but it feels like it's been in a slump for a month or two. I think Persona Q will probably be my next buy.

bjork

Persona 4 Golden on my Vita. I've spent a ton of money on my 3DS but it feels like it's been in a slump for a month or two. I think Persona Q will probably be my next buy.

This is how I feel. I had at least been checking my animal crossing town daily, but I haven't even done that in awhile. So I've been playing golf on vita.

blues-brothers-5_288x216.jpg

another brother has seen the light

Srsly, people need to play that game, most fun I've had in a puzzle game

Been messing around on Paper Mario: Sticker Star today and I completely forgot how amazingly well done the music is!
The sound test room you unlock is a godsend.

Do any other 3DS games have Jazz based scores?

Wow. He sounds like the life and soul of the party.. My god. Tell him to take up another hobby.

DagsJT

Tomodachi Life. Also just downloaded Mario Golf so I'll send my physical copy and debating whether to get Animal Crossing digitally as I sold the cart ages ago but didn't get that into it at the time.

Also debating picking up Harvest Moon.

Scirrocco

Just beat Zelda: A link between worlds.

Its another Zelda game. Kind of fun but definitely get the been there done that feeling. Especially this game, since its basically just A link to the past hd.

A lot of Tomodachi Life and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds in short bursts.

Speaking of bursts, I've still been playing random sessions of Senran Kagura Burst.

Ditto, down to the name of the game I'm playing now. I'm aching to use my 3DS again, but... the only game I'd buy in a heartbeat is Rune Factory 4, but Europe :(

Stulaw

Spirit Tracks, I forgot that I hadn't finished it, it's better than I remembered and I seem to have the American version since I got it from CEX, the EU box art is better, I might print a replacement.

kd-z

It's awesome to hear someone get to experience this gem for the first time and truly appreciate it. Just think of the other amazing Zeldas and other game you still have yet to play!
Oh I'm very excited to play other Zeldas, mostly the 3D ones. I won't even try to imagine how much better the dungeon design must've got since '98!

I tried playing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2013), got it free with ALBW last year, never opened it till the other day. Surprisingly, it's quite terrible.

Azriell

I'm slowly working on SMTIV. I want to love these games, but I can never get into them. I love the aesthetics and the Japanese sensibilities, but something about recruiting and combining demons, and always feeling like I don't have a great grip on the direction that system is going. I think I'm nearly done with the forest area, but I haven't touched it in a few weeks.

I picked up Etrian Odyssey Untold on sale. I only played it for a few minutes, but I really like what they did with it. I think I'll put this on the backburner for now while I try to get into SMT or some of my other unfinished games.

I have a pile containing Bravely Default, Apollo Justice, FF Four Heroes of Light, and SMT Devil Survivor (the 3DS one). I'll soon be adding Kirby and Mario Golf (probably) to it from that BB sale. I have no idea when I'm going to play all of this stuff.

jackal27

Banned
I'm tearing through my backlog at the moment. Kirby, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Denpamen 2, and Rune Factory 4 are mainly what I've been focused on.

Need to jump back into Bravely Default at some point.

Top Bottom