• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

I just got back into the full swing of Rune Factory 4 after grinding for 6 wives. I had forgotten how addictive this game can be. I'm just realizing I have another dungeon to go, and one optional one. I haven't really been forging or cooking much... at least, not anywhere near as much as I thought I'd done. I didn't even know I could make additional fields. I never thought I'd need them. Getting level 10 crops is more work than I expected. There are so many requests I still haven't taken. How did they cram all this stuff into one game?

Speaking of how did they cram all this stuff into one game, I'm looking to pick up Kid Icarus Uprising sometime in the future.

I just picked up Luigis Mansion 2 for £18 and Kid Icarus for £22, both new. Both seem Damn expensive where I look so thought those were some pretty decent prices..

I was also looking to buy Kid Icarus: Uprising, was surprised it was still that price after two years being released.
Will have to tell us, if you think its worth it :¬)
Bought Kirby: Triple Deluxe instead from Game yesterday - was on special offer.

Neuro

Just got a 3DS a week ago, been pouring all my hours into Legend of Zelda : OoT, Super Mario 3D Land, bought Kid Icarus as well but havent opened it...

Any good first person games available? Was thinking of getting Metroid : Hunters from the DS...

coopolon

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d. This is my first donkey kong game ever, it's taking me a little while to get used to it coming from straight from 2d mario's. They are really very different games.

The crosstalk in this game on the 3ds xl is awful, some of the worst I've ever come across. On any level with a dark background I have to turn the 3d almost all the way down and I like to play with it maxed normally.

Boy, the 3ds version has pretty good reviews, but I was not very happy with it so I borrowed a copy of dkcr from a friend for the wii.

I can't speak for everyone, but the wii version is soooooo much better. Apparently 60fps, at least to me, is a game changer (I normally couldn't care less about fps, as long as it's solid 30 I'm happy). The controls are worse, but I'm ripping it now to emulate it on dolphin and I'll just use a wii u pro controller and have the best of both worlds.

VLiberty

Done the
Diamond challenges
on PWR with 3 stars. Done with it, I'm recommending it despite lacking more locations.

Also done all the standard levels on Pullblox, I'll wait a bit before doing the
Extra levels
because I'm feeling a bit burnt out. This game has too much content lol

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Just got a 3DS a week ago, been pouring all my hours into Legend of Zelda : OoT, Super Mario 3D Land, bought Kid Icarus as well but havent opened it...

Any good first person games available? Was thinking of getting Metroid : Hunters from the DS...

First person games or first person shooters because SMT: Soul hackers (fp dungeon crawler) is pretty good.

Putting some hours in Pro Evolution Soccer 2013. This is damn near the ONLY sports sim on the system. Quite fun though, pretty much a PS2-quality soccer game on a handheld. My Become-A-Legend player finally scored his first goal :)

Huff

Banned
Been going back and finishing up ALBW since I have some free time this month.

Think I've been out of SMTIV for too long to hop back in without restarting but it'd be a shame to waste the 40 hours I put in

yukonrye

I just bought a 3DS xl as my original 3DS is missing (toddler got it I think) and picked up Zelda ALBW during the Best Buy sale.

Had a vasectomy this morning and all I've been doing is playing it.

It's amazing and awesome.

My balls hurt.

Tenumi

Banned
Playing Tomodachi Life during the day. Finally have quite a few couples on the island, and things are starting to ramp up in activity.

At night, I've been going through Fire Emblem: Awakening for the first time. Really starting to get the hang of it and loving it.

yayaba

Just started MH3U a week ago. Now I wish I held off as it's sucking away time from all my other games. I've been meaning to actually settle down and play more World Tour and try entering some tournaments but that isn't happening anymore.

Still playing Animal Crossing about an hour everyday. Not sure how I'm going to fit in AC, MH3U, and Fantasy Life when that comes out.

I just bought a 3DS xl as my original 3DS is missing (toddler got it I think) and picked up Zelda ALBW during the Best Buy sale.

Had a vasectomy this morning and all I've been doing is playing it.

It's amazing and awesome.

My balls hurt.
If I knew you, I'd get you that Conception game.

-Horizon-

Playing A Link Between Worlds (I'll finish DKCR3D some other time lol) and getting lost because I'm too dumb to look at the map on the bottom screen.

Scythian

Just finished up SteamWorld Dig, a whole 7-ish hours to beat it, I was left craving for more, it was incredibly fun and awesome! :D
Though, kinda hoped that in the end
you controlled the robot girl and searched for Rusty underground
. It feels like it would have been an interesting change of pace. Oh well. Loved it anyway.
Booted up Terraria to scratch that mining itch but, it's just not the same ;_;

VLiberty

Just finished up SteamWorld Dig, a whole 7-ish hours to beat it, I was left craving for more, it was incredibly fun and awesome! :D
Though, kinda hoped that in the end
you controlled the robot girl and searched for Rusty underground
. It feels like it would have been an interesting change of pace. Oh well. Loved it anyway.
Booted up Terraria to scratch that mining itch but, it's just not the same ;_;

iknowthatfeel.jpg

I went through all the game in the span of a day because it was terribly addicting. After finishing it, I was desperately looking for something similar

iknowthatfeel.jpg

I went through all the game in the span of a day because it was terribly addicting. After finishing it, I was desperately looking for something similar

I had that problem, but for some crazy reason, picross 3d gives me that same feeling , so thats what im doing while i wait for the next steamworld game.

baphomet

Michael Jackson experience is pretty good. Awesome music, but sadly its nowhere near hard enough. I've already perfected damn near every song on expert and just started playing today. Good premise for a game but needs a much harder difficulty.

JLeack

Banned
Fire Emblem Awakening. It's pretty damn good, but something inside me wishes I was playing a new Final Fantasy Tactics (my favorite game of all time) instead.

Pokemon X, and man is ts game bring so far. I just beat the first gym leader and the game seems the same as it was when I played Pokemon Crystal all those years ago. It just seems so repetitive and simple so far. Does it get any better or spice things up later on?

Finished Yoshi's New Island (not 100 %)
Finished Kirby Triple Deluxe (not 100 %)
Finished Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (have to start mirror mode and time attack modes), everyhting else is done.)
Playing Mario Golf

A lot of games are still waiting. :( But I have fun. :)

RiggyRob

I got a little tired of grinding in my FE:A Lunatic playthrough, so I started playing through Virtue's Last Reward. The AB Game addition is a nice twist on the Nonary Game.

Currently, I'm
going on the left-most path on the flowchart (which so far has meant choosing the top option everytime e.g. Ally with Luna, first option for the Chromatic doors etc). Alice and Luna are dead, and Quark, Tenmyouji and Clover are missing. Presumably they'll die too since they didn't make it through the white Chromatic door.

One thing I wanted to ask about - in the room where you meet G-OLM, were you supposed to be able to enter a second password in the tablet for the secret file? I figured it had something to do with the ID tag with Harold and 11010 on it, but those together only make 11 characters. I'm guessing the password might be Harold Cooper, since that was a name mentioned by G-OLM when he woke up, but there's no way of knowing that without opening the exit, which leads straight into the next story sequence.

It's a lot of fun, I'm glad I picked it up - that third sequel would be nice, Nintendo.

Recently decided to dive back into Rune Factory 4. I picked it up following the eShop crash this past holiday season and put maybe 10 hrs into and the game just didn't click for one reason or another. Started playing again randomly the other day and I can't put it down. I guess it started to all make sense to me and I was finally able to start making some real progression in the game.

I'd never really been into the Harvest Moon games before and now that I've played the RPG version I can't see myself going back to playing those. The game has a lot of really interesting pacing and there's just so much that you can do in it that it's hard to be bored. Tired of tilling soil and planting seeds? Raid some dungeons and fight some monsters! Sick of exploring dungeons? Craft weapons or armor!

Overall it's a nice and relaxing game which seems to really let the player go at their own pace. Between this game, and the occasional time spent EV training in Pokemon X, I should be tided over game wise until Omega Ruby and Persona Q come out later this year.

illadelph

Playing that Luigi's Mansion right now

Soooo good...I love how the game is structured into smaller missions/episodes as opposed to the openness of the first game

Got Pokemon X, Yoshi, Tomodachi, and Zelda on the way from Best Buy. Between all of those and Smash coming out, my 3DS is seeing tons of action

gix223

Neo Member
mario kart, dk3r also
ps. found out that this is not my first post to this threat on 28.01.14 i was already complaning that dk is hard game :D

sk3tch

Recently decided to dive back into Rune Factory 4. I picked it up following the eShop crash this past holiday season and put maybe 10 hrs into and the game just didn't click for one reason or another. Started playing again randomly the other day and I can't put it down. I guess it started to all make sense to me and I was finally able to start making some real progression in the game.

I'd never really been into the Harvest Moon games before and now that I've played the RPG version I can't see myself going back to playing those. The game has a lot of really interesting pacing and there's just so much that you can do in it that it's hard to be bored. Tired of tilling soil and planting seeds? Raid some dungeons and fight some monsters! Sick of exploring dungeons? Craft weapons or armor!

Overall it's a nice and relaxing game which seems to really let the player go at their own pace. Between this game, and the occasional time spent EV training in Pokemon X, I should be tided over game wise until Omega Ruby and Persona Q come out later this year.

eShop crash? I had not heard of this. What is that about?

kd-z

Haha, that's awesome. Isn't the final battle with Ganondorf in OoT *so* awesome? I made a post about it pretty recently:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119893075&postcount=69

Anyway, I'm sure you'll love LBW. Have you played LTTP? If so, I hope it's been a long time because I think LBW and LTTP are best played as far apart from one another as reasonably possible given their similarities. I also recommend switching off between 2D and 3D Zeldas to keep from getting burned out.
The Ganondorf fights was pretty tense, yeah. I imagine it head to be really mindblowing back in the day, especially the
escape sequence

I have not played LTTP :( Wish Nintendo would step up their SNES Virtual Console on 3DS game because I really want to play that and Super Metroid :(

But right now I'm playing Fire Emblem: Awakening and it is AWESOME. I completely forgot how much I love those tactical jRPGs. This is giving me mad Jeanne d'Arc vibes, too, wich is a very good thing since that's one of my favourite games.

Green Yoshi

boxart_eur_professor-layton-vs-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney.jpg

LayLa

Started about 5 RPGs and none of them clicked. So I fired up Etrian Odyssey Millenium Girl and yet again I'm utterly hooked on an EO game. Playing the story mode as I finished EO1 a few years ago and I'm really surprised how much they've added, feels like a whole new game.

Davey Cakes

I barely touch my 3DS these days, even though I have a decent selection of games to play. Then again, that's kind of the case with...all my systems including PC. I only have so much time and motivation for games and my backlog is ridiculous so I have to be selective.

That said, I'm SLOWLY going through Zelda: Oracle of Seasons on the 3DS Virtual Console. It's fun but I only play for an hour or less at at time and don't even hit a dungeon on every play session. A mere GB game and I won't finish it for a while. Then I have to get back to Shantae and other VC games like Mole Mania that I haven't finished.

The big full retail game I started for 3DS recently was Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. I guess I'm just not in the mood for another Layton (yet) because I dropped it relatively quickly. I did complete the previous four games 100% so I need more of a break I guess.

I can't stop playing Mario Golf. Game is so great and perfect for the 3DS. The daily tournaments keep bringing me back. I'm also playing Disney Magical Worlds, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball. I've got the Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy ready to go once my Mario Golf obsession tapers off,
if it ever does!

Rainy Dog

I've only had mine for a couple of months but currently alternating between MK7 and Pullblox. Loving both and either is perfect for a quick 20-30 mins to fill out the lunch break at work.

Top Bottom