• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Yeah, It seems to be. When the Globot boss (the first proper boss of the game) appeared, I had more than 3 hours clocked in the game.

That doesn't bother me much, though. If the game is good, I don't mind it being long. I just wish Starlow would stop trying to teach me how to play the game.

IIRC she does that less and less as you progress.
It took me almost a year to beat it, but that's because I was playing it on and off. It's a great game though, enjoy the ride! My favourite of the M&L games.

Meffer

Fire Emblem Awakening, I just got a new copy along with Bravely Default after I lost my original ones awhile back. This is still one of the best games on the 3DS, I love it.
And I'm taking a break from One Piece: Red all the while. I'll get back to it before Fantasy Life or Smash comes out. Whatever is first.

Dr. Buni

IIRC she does that less and less as you progress.
It took me almost a year to beat it, but that's because I was playing it on and off. It's a great game though, enjoy the ride! My favourite of the M&L games.
Oh, that is good. I remember reading complains about the hand holding in the game.

Thanks! I am really enjoying it so far.

I am not buying any game until Smash 3DS comes out, so I will have plenty of time to beat it.

mandiller

I'm playing Pokemon Trading Card Game, Pokemon Battle Link! and Wario Land 2 at the moment on my 3DS. I'm enjoying those Classic GB games on the Virtual Console :)

It's a pretty boring game. I guess the exciting part is the multiplayer aspect if any.

It's probably because I've played so many RPGs since I've played these games. Going from Shin Megami Tensei IV to this is difficult. This game is much more repetitive that the battle system is too simplistic. I also don't get the point of "gotta catch-em all" now that there are over 700 Poke'mon rather than 250.

I guess this game just isn't for me.

Danneee

Bought a 3DS for the third time (couldn't pass at €30). First thing I'll do is buy DK'94 for a third time. And it's so worth it.

Sendou

It's probably because I've played so many RPGs since I've played these games. Going from Shin Megami Tensei IV to this is difficult. This game is much more repetitive that the battle system is too simplistic. I also don't get the point of "gotta catch-em all" now that there are over 700 Poke'mon rather than 250.

Honestly I disliked both Pokémon and SMT.

I agree with this sentiment. Pokemon X and SMTIV/Soul Hackers are the only RPGs I have right now for the 3DS and the similar thread of capturing monsters/demons is getting tiresome. I'd like to build up a traditional party instead. I don't see an RPG that can scratch that traditional itch for me other than Bravely Default, but the second half scares me off. May have to dip into DS offerings.

LAM09

Just got Pokemon X for a decent price, but I need to get a 3DS to play it. The prices for them are too high ATM in the UK.

yayaba

I just started on the SaGa 2 remake + the English patch and I'm having a wave of nostalgia run all over me. FFL2 was probably my most played Gameboy game when I was a kid and I haven't played it in probably 15 years. Rocking a Human, Mutant, and two Robots just for some balance to see what's changed but I was tempted to do my 4 robot crusades of yesteryear.

yayaba

Man, it's so good. The levels are tricky, too. For me it's like DK Arcade by way of Pushmo. Anyway, I haven't played the sequels but my understanding is the GBA one is terrific and that opinions vary on the subsequent iterations.

Yeah reading on the other ones it seems like with each entry in the series they keep deviating more and more away from DK '94 :( Into more lemmings style gameplay.

Fire Emblem. I lost a small game case w/ Fire Emblem, Mario & Luigi, Shinobi and something else, so I purchased FE again. Still looking for that case around my house, but I've got this feeling my son has it stashed somewhere.

He has a thing about sneaking into my office in the wee morning hours and playing with all the Megaman toys I have there, as well as the Transformers. But since they're toys, I can't really say I blame him.

There was a 3DS (OT) thread somewhere and I can't find it, but hopefully someone can help me here. I bought the Mario & Luigi Dream Team bundle today which has the game preinstalled already. If I decide to use a 16GB SD card, how do I get Mario & Luigi on to that card and not on the 4GB card, unless the game is saved somewhere else on the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spaciouz

Neo Member
Playing Steamworld Dig right now, pretty solid, not gonna lie. Thinking of getting Pokemon Battle Link! (owners, is it worth it?) and same with Mario Golf (is it worth it and do people still play online?)

Thanks if people answer!

VLiberty

I've got Ocarina of Time...I don't know if I should start it now or in late september. I heard it's a pretty long game and I have to concentrate a lot of resources into study until late september...

yayaba

There was a 3DS (OT) thread somewhere and I can't find it, but hopefully someone can help me here. I bought the Mario & Luigi Dream Team bundle today which has the game preinstalled already. If I decide to use a 16GB SD card, how do I get Mario & Luigi on to that card and not on the 4GB card, unless the game is saved somewhere else on the system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can drag everything over from the old SD card onto your new 16GB card and everything will be fine.

You can also link the system with an eShop account or NNID and it will preserve the history of having the game for you. That's what I did so I put in my 32GB card and just redownloaded the game from the eShop.

Just came back to Animal Crossing, after getting all my shops on Bravely Default to level 11, and I'm still on chapter 1 with only Tiz and Angès on the party, less than 6 hours of gameplay.

I'll probably check the AC OT to see if there is still people playing, because I miss playing AC with people.

Air

Banned
Still playing bravely default after several months. But I'm almost done. After that I'm going to finish lung is mansion than get a link between worlds and super Mario 3d land.

Ludist210

I just finished 3D Ecco the Dolphin...a little archaic (levels are a bit difficult to figure out where you're going at first) and very challenging, but a decent game. I think I'll boot up Mario VS. DK: Mini's on the Move (my Platinum reward).

I agree with this sentiment. Pokemon X and SMTIV/Soul Hackers are the only RPGs I have right now for the 3DS and the similar thread of capturing monsters/demons is getting tiresome. I'd like to build up a traditional party instead. I don't see an RPG that can scratch that traditional itch for me other than Bravely Default, but the second half scares me off. May have to dip into DS offerings.

The demo alone scared me off. Walking around in a desert overworld doesn't seem like my idea of fun. The game seems too early 90s for me.

maxcriden

Yeah reading on the other ones it seems like with each entry in the series they keep deviating more and more away from DK '94 :( Into more lemmings style gameplay.

On the bright side, they do have generally impressive reviews. So perhaps they come as a welcome change rather than just being derivative of the first game. Just trying to be optimistic here, no idea if they're as good as the amazing DK '94.

kd-z

I've got Ocarina of Time...I don't know if I should start it now or in late september. I heard it's a pretty long game and I have to concentrate a lot of resources into study until late september...
For your information it's not THAT long - my 3DS says 28 hours. No prior experience with the game, too.

Speaking of game hours - I just realized that since Monday evening I've played 36 hours of Fire Emblem: Awakening o_O I can't remember last time a game drew me in like this. Feels good.

You can drag everything over from the old SD card onto your new 16GB card and everything will be fine.

You can also link the system with an eShop account or NNID and it will preserve the history of having the game for you. That's what I did so I put in my 32GB card and just redownloaded the game from the eShop.

Thank you very much on this info, will link my eShop acct.

Just beat One Piece: Romance Dawn and Wario: Master of Disguise and I just started the original Shantae.
It's fun but something is off about the game. The enemy spawns, attacks, stagger times and your weak attack make for an annoying start before you figure things out. I hear Risky's Revenge eased up.

Marchiott

Started playing Harvest Moon: A New Beginning again.
The last time I played, I left off sometime in the middle of Spring, Year 1. The progression for the first season was just so slow with so few things to do.

Finally finished Spring though and things have finally started to pick up.
Sadly, I just discovered how poor a job this game did in delivering the message of where Festivals are actually held in this game.
Turns out the festival grounds went largely unnoticed for the first season as it was hidden away in the top-right corner of the map, hidden under the date indicator on the minimap... :'(

coopolon

So I started playing mario golf. I'm having mixed feelings on it. The training is vastly superior to hot shots golf, but I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do. Where's the career mode? It sounds like there are only three courses in the castle, is that all there is? And there I only play as my mii, for some reason I thought I'd be playing as nintendo characters.

I'm feeling very lost. I'm enjoying the actual golf game, but I'm terrible at reading the greens in this game. Maybe it's because I'm still on such easy courses, but whenever I try to adjust for slope, even slightly, I always end up overadjusting and I would have been better just hitting it straight.

I like having the top spin and back spin on the touch pad though!

Rune Factory 4. I started it a while ago but couldn't get into it initially. Recently picked it back up to give it a second go and I am now addicted. Juggling that with some Etrian Odyssey Untold and FF Theatrhythm.

Just finished Kirby Triple Deluxe.
Wafting between starting Bravely Default, continuing with SMT IV or starting Fire Emblem which I will be picking up today.

I've also got Pokemon Y on the backlog, so might dip into that if it's not a boring start.

vortz

5h into SMT IV.

Going to drop it, hasnt clicked for me so far.

It is my first megaten, so I wasn`t really into the series. Had to try it as everyone speaks so highly, but I think its just not made for me.

Going to start Fire Emblen seeking better luck!

Marco1

Currently playing OOT, Starfox3D and Dream Team.
Honestly OOT really makes me wish that the 3D really would take off. That one game single handedly makes me believe in the tech.
So sad that their next handheld won't have it.
I absolutely love this little handheld to the point that I have not purchased a game on the ios app store since I got it.
I now realise the value in a £30 3DS game over a £3 ios one.

TomShoe

Banned
Barely made it to the Best Buy B1G1 deal, had to have it price matched @ Walmart.

Pokemon X: Finished the main story, trying to power level some 'mons to try the online battling scene. I'm tempted to buy a copy of Black 2, so I can flash some pre-made 'mons to Black and PB them over to X. I don't have the time to build a complete team, and the team I do have is deeply flawed.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star: Got this nearly a year ago. I got stuck around Chapter 2 and haven't had the motivation to pick it back up yet. Still one of the most fun games I've played so far, even if the lack of a partner system is disappointing.

Bravely Default: Getting spoilered about what happens post-Chapter 4 has killed a lot of my motivation as well. Just like PM:SS, I enjoyed it a lot, and I'll find some time to grind some and finish it.

Mario Kart 7: 150cc is a bitch. To finish first each time and only get 2 stars, nearly threw my 3DS.

The Legend of Zelda: ALBW: Just got this yesterday, decided to open it up and try a few minutes. I'm liking what I see so far, definitely enjoying the classic Zelda feel that I haven't had since Four Swords. Might take a backseat to unfinished games.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe: Got this one for free. While I'm more excited to play this than ALBW, it's probably taking a backseat for now, just until I can get at least one other game completed.

I've got 2 months to finish as many of these as I can, because it's going to be a long time before I pick them back up when Smash comes out. Also considering Super Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Golf when I can find a deal.

I'm still playing a lot of Tomodachi Life. I'm really enjoying the fact that I can pick it up for a couple minutes at a time and still feel as though I've accomplished something.

I've had Fire Emblem: Awakening on the go for quite a while. I promised myself I wasn't going to move on to another game until I finished FE. I'm just over 30 hours into it and I've made decent progress, but at the moment I'm just grinding to level up some characters I neglected early on. I really love this game, but I'm looking forward to wrapping it up and moving on to Zelda, Pokémon, or Luigi's Mansion.

maxcriden

Barely made it to the Best Buy B1G1 deal, had to have it price matched @ Walmart.

Pokemon X: Finished the main story, trying to power level some 'mons to try the online battling scene. I'm tempted to buy a copy of Black 2, so I can flash some pre-made 'mons to Black and PB them over to X. I don't have the time to build a complete team, and the team I do have is deeply flawed.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star: Got this nearly a year ago. I got stuck around Chapter 2 and haven't had the motivation to pick it back up yet. Still one of the most fun games I've played so far, even if the lack of a partner system is disappointing.

Bravely Default: Getting spoilered about what happens post-Chapter 4 has killed a lot of my motivation as well. Just like PM:SS, I enjoyed it a lot, and I'll find some time to grind some and finish it.

Mario Kart 7: 150cc is a bitch. To finish first each time and only get 2 stars, nearly threw my 3DS.

The Legend of Zelda: ALBW: Just got this yesterday, decided to open it up and try a few minutes. I'm liking what I see so far, definitely enjoying the classic Zelda feel that I haven't had since Four Swords. Might take a backseat to unfinished games.

Kirby: Triple Deluxe: Got this one for free. While I'm more excited to play this than ALBW, it's probably taking a backseat for now, just until I can get at least one other game completed.

I've got 2 months to finish as many of these as I can, because it's going to be a long time before I pick them back up when Smash comes out. Also considering Super Mario 3D Land, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Luigi's Mansion, and Mario Golf when I can find a deal.

Man, you have got a lot of fun games going! I'm glad to hear you're digging Sticker Star, that game is super under-appreciated. I think it just gets better as it goes on, too. It also has an amazing OST.

Just so you know, Triple Deluxe is a quick one (compared to some others on your list). I finished the game in just over 7 hours - but I'm sure it can be done close to 6.

Poke'mon X is getting a little bit better. So far I'd give it a 6/10.

Just finished Kirby Triple Deluxe.
Wafting between starting Bravely Default, continuing with SMT IV or starting Fire Emblem which I will be picking up today.

I've also got Pokemon Y on the backlog, so might dip into that if it's not a boring start.

The general rule (for me) is always finish a game you start. Nothing is worse than having a backlog of unfinished games.

Dr. Buni

Currently playing OOT, Starfox3D and Dream Team.
Honestly OOT really makes me wish that the 3D really would take off. That one game single handedly makes me believe in the tech.
So sad that their next handheld won't have it.
I absolutely love this little handheld to the point that I have not purchased a game on the ios app store since I got it.
I now realise the value in a £30 3DS game over a £3 ios one.
Was this really confirmed? When?

I got pretty drunk last night, woke up to find that I impulse bought Dual Destinies.

Oh well. Was gonna try to wait for phoenix wright vs layton, but this will scratch the itch. It's great, yeah?

Also, is the dlc worth grabbing?

Linkark07

Banned
Still playing Rune Factory 4. Right now trying to level my character so I can be ready for the third arc.

Also, playing sometimes Radiant Historia. Need to finish it and Etrian Odyssey 3.

Top Bottom