• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

PseudoViper

Zelda3DS.jpg

Bravely Default, and by playing I mean just letting my four citizens build up Norende. Wound up playing it for five hours yesterday, so I'm having trouble paying attention to it today.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Fire Emblem Awakening has taken my 3DS over once again and I thought I was done with the game.

I think I replayed it 4-5 times then got completely burned, still a great game. Lunatic was probably my favourite playthrough the final battle battle was appropriately epic.

Quite literally cheering when when I my characters were procing the crits, venegances and aethers at the right time to finally defeat Grma after god knows how many attempts because the game showed no mercy,

The End

Destiny Beta

oh, on my 3DS

I just finished Shovel Knight and I'm deciding between giving SMT IV another shot or playing Fire Emblem again

Westraid

Theatrhythm_Final_Fantasy_Cover.jpg

Playing Theatrhythm Final Fantasy again. Finally got the last black shard I needed to unlock Sephiroth, and now I'm just replaying songs to try and cap my characters for a while.
The game is such a blast, love playing the faster paced songs on a high difficulty.

I just finished Shovel Knight. Next up should be either Bravely Default (demo first, then game) or A Link Between Worlds.

I also have the DLC case for Ace Attorney 5, but I can't seem to get into it right now.

Project X Zone

have been playing until chapter 12 since i got it when it first came out, then let it lay dormant for a while and this week i've picked it up again and am now at chapter 16

despite it being a very limited game, it's quite enjoyable

this also seems to be a game that about 10-15 years ago would never be localized and would fetch huge soms of money if it were, am still surprised they decided to release it in the West

Bulzeeb

I just finished Resident Evil Revelaitons
bad spelling intended
and decided to go back to my DS backlog and play Castlevania: OfE

hemo memo

Gold Member
Just finished 3D Land and its my second best handheld title this gen (P4G is the first).
Played a little of Disgaea 3 but didn't clicked with me or i guess i just want more Mario so NSMB2 is next.

I picked Pokemon X back up after not playing for 5-6 months. Creating teams for online and Battle Maison is fun. I have all the trophies except for the Rotation and Multi. Rotation is pretty difficult but I think I'll try going through with a Mawile/Hydreigon/Darmanitan/??? combination.

MrBadger

How does this compare to other Phoenix Wright games?

It's not as good as the best of the series, but definitely worth playing if you're a fan. The different universe revolving around witches and magic also makes it feel fresh for the series and the Layton sections don't take anything away from the courtroom showdowns.

Azuran

Banned
Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pokemon X or Kid Icarus Uprising depending on my mood after the Nooklings don't stock anything I need.

All three games are addictive as hell. I'll probably put at least 200 hours into each one by the time I'm done with them.

I love my 3ds a lot for sure. Unfortunately I have a friend that totally resent me for recommending me the system to him. After getting Bravely Default (which he hated after chapter 2, but loved chapter 1) didn't find anything else that fit with his high standards. This is what he told me:

Fire Emblem: Weapon Degradation/breaking is for chumps
Mario and Luigi: idiotic humor with weak rpg mechanics
Phoenix Wright: Too anime-ish a non-game
Zelda OOT: Old game he already played with shitty water temple
Zelda ALBW: a poor man Link to the Past
Shovel Knight: indie pixel art games are played out
Animal Crossing: boring busy work non-game
Monster Hunter: rather play it on a console with real online support
Etrian Odyssey (all of them): Stupid first person combat with bad rpg mechanics
Mario Kart 7: Tired of the franchise
Mario 3D Land: Tired of Mario games
Kirby Triple Delux: Too easy boring platformer
Donkey Kong Returns: Rather play it on the wii
SMT4: boring first person, a poor man's version of SMT3 (only good SMT game)

I honestly had no idea he was that picky and I have known him for 8 years. I dont' know if he's just being a dick and trolling me but man I think he just lost his love for games...He makes me sad...

I also have a 3DS, and I guess I share some of those sentiments (except Phoenix Wright, that saga is awesome. I'm getting Dual destinies soon). I think I've got a Nintendo burnout, I'm midgame in Luigi's mansion 2 and Mario Land 3D, but don't really feel like finishing them now... I was mildly disappointed with Zelda ALBW (I did finish it), I guess the hype was too big ...so I'm staying away from my 3DS for a while until I'm ready to come back to it.

Currently, I actually enjoy playing my Vita much more. Indie games are refreshing, and I've really enjoyed Persona 4, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenaries and LBP. PS+ is actually amazing. I wish nintendo had something similar...

yayaba

I also have a 3DS, and I guess I share some of those sentiments (except Phoenix Wright, that saga is awesome. I'm getting Dual destinies soon). I think I've got a Nintendo burnout, I'm midgame in Luigi's mansion 2 and Mario Land 3D, but don't really feel like finishing them now... I was mildly disappointed with Zelda ALBW (I did finish it), I guess the hype was too big ...so I'm staying away from my 3DS for a while until I'm ready to come back to it.

Currently, I actually enjoy playing my Vita much more. Indie games are refreshing, and I've really enjoyed Persona 4, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenaries and LBP. PS+ is actually amazing. I wish nintendo had something similar...

I find jumping between Nintendo and Sony (or Microsoft) to be refreshing. I got kind of burned out playing PS3 game after PS3 game so my 3DS is very refreshing now.

I figure after a couple months of this I'll go back to my PS3 backlog and finish off Red Dead Redemption, which is basically polar opposite from anything I'm playing on a Nintendo console.

DasFool

I picked up a 3DS from Best Buy with Mario and Luigi, Zelda: ALBW, and Bravely Default as all my games. The only thing that I've played so far is Picross 3D. It's way too hard to put down once you get a good rhythm going.

Cagey

Banned
Finishing Pokemon X, with Bravely Default and Mario Golf off the Best Buy sale on deck.

Theathrhythm will be next after BD, but by the time I can play, I see the sequel will be out.

Should I bother picking up the first if Curtain Call is out by then?

DasFool

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finished up Shovel Knight yesterday.

Chipping away at DKCR that I got as my Club Nintendo award.

Should I bother picking up the first if Curtain Call is out by then?

No!
Curtain Call is basically Theatrhythm 1.5.
All the songs and DLC songs and characters from the first game for free, plus tons of new content.
Literally no reason to buy the first unless you're a collector or something I guess.

Playing through Fire Emblem Awakening for the third time. Lunatic mode has been fun so far, really liking the level of thought(and Frederick) the first few chapters need.

yayaba

No!
Curtain Call is basically Theatrhythm 1.5.
All the songs and DLC songs and characters from the first game for free, plus tons of new content.
Literally no reason to buy the first unless you're a collector or something I guess.

Good to know myself as I've never played the first one :)

Asbear

Banned
How does this compare to other Phoenix Wright games?

The trials rival the best moments in the trilogy and personally I prefer it over DD ever so slightly (though DD is more raw Ace Attorney through and through) but PLvsPWAA has the characterization and hysterical dialogue and humor that the original series used to have. I laughed out loud so many times in the game right from the start even to the end it was full of funny moments and the story keeps you guessing. It's really amazing, although I think the first 15 hours are the best, and the final 15 (yeah 30+ hour long game :S) dragged on a little but were still interesting to me.

yayaba

DK '94 all the way. Game is SO good.

I really need to replay this. I bought this pretty much Day 2 when it came out ages ago as a kid and I loved it. I still have the Gameboy cart at home too.

Have any of the sequels been worth playing? As far as I'm aware, there's the GBA one, two DSiWare, and a 3DS eShop game?

Trying to play Kid Icarus again but these controls are still getting in my way. I just don't have the precision I want which is a shame because the game is fun and I absolutely love big collectable games like this one.

maxcriden

I really need to replay this. I bought this pretty much Day 2 when it came out ages ago as a kid and I loved it. I still have the Gameboy cart at home too.

Have any of the sequels been worth playing? As far as I'm aware, there's the GBA one, two DSiWare, and a 3DS eShop game?

Man, it's so good. The levels are tricky, too. For me it's like DK Arcade by way of Pushmo. Anyway, I haven't played the sequels but my understanding is the GBA one is terrific and that opinions vary on the subsequent iterations.

raphanum

MonHun3U, Zelda OoT and Fire Emblem Awakening.

Games I want to play day one: Hometown Story, Fantasy Life, Rune Factory 1-3, any DS Harvest Moon.

I skipped the DS lifetime and only got my 3DS February of this year. So it's an understatement to say i have a lot of catching up to do.

Off topic, but does anybody know why the Australian digital store has such a pathetic offering?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Luigi's Mansion 2. I loved it at first, but I'm starting the third house now (Clock mansion) and I feel the game is getting a bit repetitive. I played through the first mansion in one go, but I've taken long breaks since then.

Luigi's Mansion 2. I loved it at first, but I'm starting the third house now (Clock mansion) and I feel the game is getting a bit repetitive. I played through the first mansion in one go, but I've taken long breaks since then.

I loved the first two mansions but yeah I petered off around Mansion 3 back last March and never picked up the game again.

Dr. Buni

It's a pretty long game.
Yeah, It seems to be. When the Globot boss (the first proper boss of the game) appeared, I had more than 3 hours clocked in the game.

That doesn't bother me much, though. If the game is good, I don't mind it being long. I just wish Starlow would stop trying to teach me how to play the game.

Took a break from SMT IV after 4 hours because Kirby arrived from that Bestbuy B1G1 deal.

My first mainline Kirby game and this game has a ton of charm and style all over the place.

Top Bottom