• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

I too had to drag myself through that game. So boring. I think I got halfway through and legit dropped if for about four months. Never did that with a Pokemon game before.

Besides ease, I also think the combat is too slow for me. I found myself so bored during some battles. But I guess that might be related back to ease.

Also the utter lack of postgame content. I've had no reason to return to the game except for when I'm totally bored and feel like breeding a few pokes. Ruby from back in the day, and HeartGold on DS? Now those had some postgame. Hopefully Omega Ruby will be decent in that regard.

Did Diamond have a bunch of postgame content or was the game just insanely long? I remember playing that game all the way past the elite four just for it to say I have more badges to earn again and I just said "fuck it!". Maybe I'm remembering it wrong?

Josephl64

bought X because I heard of all the new features and stuff, but it wasn't horribly impressive

Also, I'm playing NEW LovePlus+ with Rinko...it's pretty fun

colon

I've been playing Tomodachi Life lately. At first I thought it was boring, so I put it aside for over a month. I recently decided to go back to it and I'm enjoying it now.

finally turned on my 3DS since I took a break from New Leaf

software update

added my NNID

went to eShop got Senran Kagura Burst but my SD card was full had to delete MonHun to buy Senran Kagura

no more gaming on 3DS after this need larger SD card

DukeBobby

I started playing Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright yesterday. Just started chapter 3.

The puzzles have been a bit disappointing, but I loved the first Witch Trial. Looking forward to the rest.

Maximus.

I am waiting for Pokemon Ruby and Smash Bros, so right now I am finishing Chrono Trigger and possibly starting Soulsilver.

Bardiche

Currently playing Mario Party Island Tour, Tomodachi Life, and Bravely Default. Once I finish Bravely Default, I plan on starting Zelda: ALBW. There is plenty to keep me busy until Professor Layton x Phoenix Wright comes out.

I am waiting for Pokemon Ruby and Smash Bros, so right now I am finishing Chrono Trigger and possibly starting Soulsilver.

I came in here to post that I'm playing Chrono Trigger also! It's taken me a while. I keep putting it down and right now I'm making an effort to finish it.

Drago

I've been playing 3D OutRun on my newly acquired JP 3DS. It's pretty mindblowing. Has to be the best 3D I've seen on the system to date, the depth is astounding. Game itself is fantastic as well, of course! That OST <3

Really hope the second batch of games come westward eventually, hopefully this holiday like Series 1 did.

ranmafan

Finally after months of hearing nothing but good things about it, went out and picked up Youkai Watch 1 and 2. Been playing the first one the last few days. Quite a fun game, better than I expected. Loving every minute of it.

molnizzle

Been playing my free copy of DKR from Club Nintendo.

Game is difficult... to a fault. It was refreshing at first, but now I'm on world 5 and it's just annoying. This game is fucking hard, and not in a rewarding or challenging way like Dark Souls. Just a bunch of replaying the same level over and over again until you memorize the layout. So stupid.

Horrible controls too. Why can't I map everything to the face buttons? Why do roll and grab switch buttons when I want to use the d-pad? Ridiculous. Horrible design.

Then I might get Zelda A Link between Worlds with the 30% off eshop deal.

Wait, what?

Hikami

Just finished Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, great game. Can't wait for the Professor Layton crossover game to release in the US.

Trying to finish up Rune Factory 4 and Etrian Odyssey Untold.. man these games are long.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Holy shit! Kirby is boring as hell too! Screw this I'm replaying Kid Icarus Uprising!

colinfarrell3p6ca.gif

Guru-Guru

Banned
The platforming is uninspired, the game is slow, and the character just isn't that fun to control. I don't get the love for it.
Amen. Add in recycled boss fights (...that weren't even that fun the first time around), reused environments/assets, repetitive gameplay, and it is easy for me to put this up with Freedom Wars for my biggest gaming regrets of 2014.

I'm currently playing Youkai Watch. I can see why it is so popular. The game has so much more charm than Pokemon X/Y.

Oxx

I just finished Bravely Default.

I don't think it was the full ending, but I just wanted to put it to the back of my mind. The game gets a lot right, but the pacing is so weird and lazy.

Dagon

Finally after months of hearing nothing but good things about it, went out and picked up Youkai Watch 1 and 2. Been playing the first one the last few days. Quite a fun game, better than I expected. Loving every minute of it.

I'm nearly ready to do the same.

For anyone who has played both, is it worth starting with the first one or should I go straight to the sequel?

Kalor

I've been playing a mix of games recently with Fire Emblem: Awakening, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West and doing the daily puzzles of Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy on the side. I've been enjoying Fire Emblem a lot more than the previous games in the series but I'm not restarting every time someone dies so that might be it.

Usobuko

Banned
Is there a 3ds game where you it's sort of MMO lite? As in you can compete/compare/co-op with other players equipments/monsters/squad etc? Something not very difficult because my nephew can't handle twitch reactions. So Monster Hunter etc. is out of consideration. Can be turn based too and sort of like FE:A for spotpass. We already played pokemon though.

I'll assume Fantasy Life?

Is there a 3ds game where you it's sort of MMO lite? As in you can compete/compare/co-op with other players equipments/monsters/squad etc? Something not very difficult because my nephew can't handle twitch reactions. So Monster Hunter etc. is out of consideration. Can be turn based too and sort of like FE:A for spotpass. We already played pokemon though.

I'll assume Fantasy Life?

Try Heroes of Ruin demo.

Not sure where to ask really, but yeah, is it possible to reply to a specific comment on a miiverse post you've made?. I've read that you can but when I click the comment, there's no option to reply?

Kirby's Triple Deluxe.

Playing casually on occasion.

Despite that they forced me into B+A controls, the game has pleasantly surprised me. Some great music, some cool powers.. Generally really great.

wagamer

Ocarina of Time 3D.

Started this one a very long time ago, had a break for a few months and just recently picked it up and decided to continue again. It's very good, I just don't have the patience nowadays to play longer games. However I plan to finish it this time since I'm on a crusade to play all my unfinished games before I let myself to start going through the rest of my backlog.

I'm currently near the end of the Forest Temple, how long do I approximately have left of the game?

Ocarina of Time 3D.

Started this one a very long time ago, had a break for a few months and just recently picked it up and decided to continue again. It's very good, I just don't have the patience nowadays to play longer games. However I plan to finish it this time since I'm on a crusade to play all my unfinished games before I let myself to start going through the rest of my backlog.

I'm currently near the end of the Forest Temple, how long do I approximately have left of the game?

You're nearing half way, kinda. Don't give up!

Im still playing ds games (Monster Tale, Picross 3D and Chrono Trigger), I will most likely keep playing ds games until Ace Attorney vs Layton releases .

Mr. Tibbs

Kirby's Triple Deluxe.

Playing casually on occasion.

Despite that they forced me into B+A controls, the game has pleasantly surprised me. Some great music, some cool powers.. Generally really great.

Same. The game is easier than I'd like, but the series has never been known for difficulty, and some of the puzzles and hidden collectibles are cruel in a way that makes me happy to hunt them down.

It's not as innovative as Canvas Curse or Mass Attack, but it's such a charming little platformer. It's probably the best looking game on the system and the use of 3D is delightful. It's pretty damn funny, too. The little guy is always catching me off guard with some silly dance or dumb costume change. What a sweet game!

Currently playing the waiting game... And some shovel knight here and there, waiting on Persona Q to drop. Man this year was really underwhelming compared to the last.

Mono

A Link Between Worlds! I have no idea why I waited so long for this one, especially since I've played all the other Zelda games and have had a 3DS since launch. So far, it's climbing up the list to be my favorite Zelda game of all time. Wow, it's amazing. The dungeons are really fun.

Top Bottom