• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Kid Icarus:Uprising, im struggling pretty badly with the controls (i even bought a circle pad pro because it said it was compatible....i never imagined that it wouldn't utilize dual analog controls, damn you Nintendo!).

But it's a good enough game to where i still want to play despite a control scheme that im not comfortable with.

Same. The game is easier than I'd like, but the series has never been known for difficulty, and some of the puzzles and hidden collectibles are cruel in a way that makes me happy to hunt them down.

It's not as innovative as Canvas Curse or Mass Attack, but it's such a charming little platformer. It's probably the best looking game on the system and the use of 3D is delightful. It's pretty damn funny, too. The little guy is always catching me off guard with some silly dance or dumb costume change. What a sweet game!

Agree with pretty much everything here. Kirby is an under appreciated franchise. Just got a used copy of Mass Attack so I can't wait to try it out.

deadfolk

So, I've been playing both the 3DS Etrian Odyssey demos and loved them both.

If I'm going to get them both eventually, which one makes more sense to start with? I assume there's no link story-wise, but in terms of gameplay will one feel like a step back if I've played the other first?

Finally playing through Fire Emblem: Awakening which I got early on, but never got into. Recommendations for next purchase between the following?

Bravery Default
Rune Factory 4
Harvest Moon 3D: A New Begining (although I think a new one is hitting in Oct?)
Kid Icarus: Uprising

spent most of this weekend playing pilotwings. had it on release and sold it. its $6.99 used at gamestop but a powerup reward coupon got me the game for free. picked up sticker star and miracle mask for $10 each. i better finish shovel knight.

Kid Icarus:Uprising, im struggling pretty badly with the controls (i even bought a circle pad pro because it said it was compatible....i never imagined that it wouldn't utilize dual analog controls, damn you Nintendo!).

But it's a good enough game to where i still want to play despite a control scheme that im not comfortable with.

I'm currently playing through this game as well. It's absolutely great, but the control scheme is pretty iffy. If you have the stand it helps a lot. Personally I'm using this grip which also has a kickstand. It still feels a little weird but it's miles more comfortable than playing normally, and I haven't gotten a cramp yet.

Couple things about the game though:

I LOVE the dialogue. Palutena is great, and trolls Pit a lot which is pretty funny. All the VAs are great. Probably one of the only games I've played in recent history where I pay so much attention to the dialogue and actually look forward to it for non story purposes.

also if there was ever a game to play with the 3D on it's this game! It looks great in 3D, and the stand makes it so it doesn't waver as much. The graphics aren't the best but the art direction and character/enemy designs are amazing

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Nothing. Since I finished the few games I had interest in (DCKR3D, NSMB2, LM2, LttP2), my 3DS has been collecting dust. :\
So many initials. What's DCKR3D? And LttP2? Really? It's aLBW.
Anyway, to what you actually said, oh come on! There are lots of great games. My backlog is too big. Right now I'm playing Inazuma Eleven, hoping against hope that Level5 releases 2 in the US.

smbu2000

I'm currently playing DQ7. I've had it since launch, but I didn't start playing it until recently. Having fun with it so far.

I played the original PS1 version a lot, well over 100hrs, but that was years ago, so I've forgotten a lot of stuff about what happens. It's fun playing it again and slowly remembering the stories as I play.

I burned out on Mii Plaza games. Was trying to get as many hats as possible with the plaza tickets. I'll return to the 3ds for Fantasy Life and maybe Smash Bros. But I'd prefer to just hold out until the Wii U version gets released for Smash Bros. I intermittently check animal crossing, but when the game requires you to check in every day just to make sure favorite villagers don't leave, I gave up. I'm not a puppet.

So many initials. What's DCKR3D? And LttP2? Really? It's aLBW.
Anyway, to what you actually said, oh come on! There are lots of great games. My backlog is too big. Right now I'm playing Inazuma Eleven, hoping against hope that Level5 releases 2 in the US.

I have a couple of games kicking around, but I don't really consider them part of the backlog: Starfox, Ocarina of Time, and Mario Kart.

I do have Shinobi and that game with all the Capcom/Namco characters in it (can't think of the name) too... maybe I'll check one of those out soon... I don't know, I think I just really don't like the form factor of the system or something. aLBW (happy?) was great, but after that, it's just so far down on my gaming priority list that I haven't really touched the thing since completing the latest Zelda.

daxy

Nothing. My 3DS XL keeps turning itself off and bluescreening. Need to send that shit to Nintendo. It's a Pikachu edition though, so I hope they don't just send me a new regular unit like they did for a friend of mine. That's just bullshit.

Last game I played regularly was MH3G. Finally got to G Rank!

Stoze

Crimson Shroud. Awesome writing and atmosphere, god awful combat system. Don't think I'll be playing NG+.

Also playing Mario's Picross, finished all the Yoshi and Mushroom levels. Pretty addicting little puzzle game.

Xhorder

I bought Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl. I started playing EO, since I've never played the other games before. I just finished the tutorial, so 100 more hours to go... ;-)

Besides that I've been on a DS games kick lately and bought a bunch of older games I'm going to check out (Shiren the Wanderer!). I also keep my Animal Crossing town happy and am paying off my debt.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Just picked up the Mario and Luigi Dream Team bundle, and I'm enjoying greatly...although the amount of tutorials are annoying.

Loving this system so far.

Sora_N

Just picked up the Mario and Luigi Dream Team bundle, and I'm enjoying greatly...although the amount of tutorials are annoying.

I got so bored of the game. Fucking music and the art style are great though.

I picked up on OoT and Pushmo again recently.

I bought Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl. I started playing EO, since I've never played the other games before. I just finished the tutorial, so 100 more hours to go... ;-)

EO Untold was my first in the series as well. Ended up getting hooked big time and sinking 125 hours into it to finish all the post-game content. So your estimate might be a little conservative, haha. Honestly it won't take nearly that much if you just want to beat the game normally and don't do a ton of the sidequests, but I really enjoyed all that stuff and the higher difficulty challenges.

Ogawa-san

Kid Icarus Uprising. Holy shit, what a game.

Too bad I can't play as much as I want to. It's usually a couple hours tops until the pain makes me take a break.

Finally getting into Bravely Default. I'm getting addicted. I love it.

I haven't had this feeling with a JRPG for awhile.

It's great!

By the way, to those who beat it or far into it, is it really about 50 hrs long for a normal playthrough?

duckroll

Currently playing Metroid. I'm surprised at the amount of slowdown the game has when there are more enemies on the screen. Still as good as ever though. Probably my 4th or 5th time through the game over the decades. There's something great about exploring a hostile environment where there's no map, no menu, basically no information about anything. <3 Metroid.

Have Bravely Default in the game slot.

Digital, I have DKC3D and for the love of god I need to play Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies one of these days.

Also playing ALBW and World Tour which means paralysis by analysis every night.

Hedja

Nothing really other than the odd StreetPass checks. Not waiting for anything either, though Fantasy Life looks interesting.

I have Dream Team but I couldn't stand the constant tutorials. Really bored me and broke the immersion.

Might get Kirby or Kid Icarus if the price drops below £20 but I'm no hurry.

Soodanim

I own several 3DS games. Bravely Default (completed), OoT3D (not finished on 3DS, but finished plently of times), aLBW (finished), Pokemon Y (finished), Star Fox 64 3D (finished), and a bunch of DS games (Chrono Trigger unfinished).

I haven't actually touched my 3DS XL in months, except to check if Shovel Knight was out in Europe yet. I guess I should go and check for more demos or something, because it's just sat in a draw doing nothing. Aside from finishing what I need to finish and waiting for Pokemon, Bravely Default 2 and... actually that's it. I need something new. Maybe I'll try the demo for Fire Emblem again, because despite wanting to like it the demo did nothing for me.

maxcriden

Couple things about the game though:

I LOVE the dialogue. Palutena is great, and trolls Pit a lot which is pretty funny. All the VAs are great. Probably one of the only games I've played in recent history where I pay so much attention to the dialogue and actually look forward to it for non story purposes.

also if there was ever a game to play with the 3D on it's this game! It looks great in 3D, and the stand makes it so it doesn't waver as much. The graphics aren't the best but the art direction and character/enemy designs are amazing

Yeah, the dialogue is just awesome in this game. I love the way it's interwoven with the gameplay.

The tutorials do cool off some as you get further into the game. It's a really terrific game.

Currently playing Metroid. I'm surprised at the amount of slowdown the game has when there are more enemies on the screen. Still as good as ever though. Probably my 4th or 5th time through the game over the decades. There's something great about exploring a hostile environment where there's no map, no menu, basically no information about anything. <3 Metroid.

Yeah, it's an amazing first entry in the series. Just played it for the first time last year. Love Metroid II as well, have you played that?

Xhorder

EO Untold was my first in the series as well. Ended up getting hooked big time and sinking 125 hours into it to finish all the post-game content. So your estimate might be a little conservative, haha. Honestly it won't take nearly that much if you just want to beat the game normally and don't do a ton of the sidequests, but I really enjoyed all that stuff and the higher difficulty challenges.

Sounds promising. 125 hours... last game that had me hooked like that was the first Dark Souls. :) I've been playing more EO Untold today and it's pretty good so far. How is this remake different from the first game? I understand the characters have preset classes, but was the story presented in a different way in the original?

CANLI

Just bought some G-Style games on the eshop which are on sale in Japan.
I like their games, compared to other companies, G-style's style is a bit different.

Risgroo

Playing Luigi's Mansion, bought it over a year ago, but I didn't start playing until a couple of days ago. I'm absolutely loving it so far, currently on the third mansion.

Kurod

Banned
Kirby Triple Deluxe. The beetle power is my new favorite. Nothing like impaling cute enemies then throwing their squirming bodies.

emb

I haven't played much 3DS lately, but I've trying on and off to get into Bravely Default for the past several months. I played a lot while traveling, but I've been distracted at home.

I want to get Kirby Triple Deluxe, but haven't gotten around to it. And I think Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton comes out soon. Plus Smash Bros is of course looming around the corner.

Risgroo

Finished Luigi's Mansion yesterday, loved it!
I think I'll start A Link Between Worlds today, can't believe I haven't played it yet.

Top Bottom