• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Nere

Downloaded both the oracle games and link's awakening, almost done with oracle of seasons will start link's awakening soon.

Downloading them though was a huge pain on its own though. For some reason e-shop refuses to accept my credit card, although I use the same card all the time on blizzard's battle-net and psn so its obviously not my credit's card fault but e-shop's. Thankfully my lovely gf gave me her credit card and downloaded them:D

Dr. Buni

Still playing Mario & Luigi Dream Team. This game is so long (not Xenoblade long, but still long), I wish it would just end already.

Having finished the main mode in Kirby Triple Deluxe, I cracked into Paper Mario: Sticker Star ($10) last night. The intro was, I dunno, kinda charming. Prepared for the worst, hoping for the best.

maxcriden

Having finished the main mode in Kirby Triple Deluxe, I cracked into Paper Mario: Sticker Star ($10) last night. The intro was, I dunno, kinda charming. Prepared for the worst, hoping for the best.

I thought the game had a terrific OST and plenty of charm to see it through its less exciting moments, and that on the whole it was packed with an impressive amount of compelling content.

yayaba

Taking a break from Monster Hunter 3 until my Circle Pad Pro gets here.

Have a few more dungeons to go in ALBW (my Link has 15 hearts so I guess I'm pretty close to the end game). Finished Wario Land 1 last week so diving into Donkey Kong again on Gameboy now. Also got my 3rd save file star in 3D Land but I think I'm going to move on to other things rather than power through the whole game again
unless the secret level at the very end is worth the time investment.

Still hooked on Picross 3D and very, very, very slowly getting through Saga 2.

BashNasty

At the moment, not much. I've been nearly finished with A Link Between Worlds for about 9 months now, so I should really finish that up at some point. I'm also about halfway through Kirby: Triple Deluxe and find that pretty fun, so I should try to play more of that too.

It's far, far too easy for me to feel apathetic about games that aren't "new, shiny".

A Link Between Worlds.

Not really enjoying the renting system, it's fairly more inconsequential that i was expecting it to be. Lorule does have the best overworld theme in the franchise though.

Put 45 minutes into Paper Mario and it felt like an hour. Interesting how it's set up in levels like in the platformers ie. World 1-1 and World 1-2. Each level in and of itself is simple and cute but I couldn't string together too many of them in a row before wanting to play something else. Could be a side-effect of the non-existent player progression. Will have to power through this one.

On the other end, solving new puzzles in Professor Layton: The Last Specter is always fun.

xzoowy

Currently playing TWEWY and its quite awesome so far ! Combat system is fun with the stylus, but i am having a hard time multitasking trying to control the 2nd character on the upper screen, I just end up spamming the A or Y buttons.

SirNinja

After 2013, the question should be: what aren't we playing? I'm still going through Shin Megami Tensei IV (and SMT DS Soul Hackers), Etrian Odyssey IV & Untold, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon X, Bravely Default, Link Between Worlds, and Mario & Luigi Dream Team.

Of all those games, I've only beaten Zelda and Pokemon. Too many games, not enough time. I also just recently got into Kirby Triple Deluxe, and am still addicted to Pushmo.

jozero

Neo Member
Slowly working my way through Special levels on 3D land. Still can't believe that many levels opened up after the main game.

Just started Luigi Mansion. No idea why but the size of Luigi really appeals to me. I haven't seen many games where the setting is that detailed in that size.

Looking forward to Fantasy Life. I've always been intrigued by Animal Crossing but it never seemed like enough was there. Slice of Life game with a light RPG ? Sign me up.

Symphonic

Tomodachi Life. Really enjoying hooking my friends up with Admiral Ackbar.

Really wanna get into Fire Emblem but it's too expensive atm. Zelda too

Currently playing Rabbids 3D Land. Only past the first few levels...they're pretty crap so far. Barely any enemies to kill, what a joke. Gonna try a few more levels before giving up though. So glad this only cost me $7 in the Ubisale. Don't buy this shite. PLEASE.

Xhorder

Too much to play, not enough time to play it all. So I dropped EO Untold for now (got a little frustrated after I died somewhere... but really need to pick it up again since I really liked it) in favor of Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked. I have a huge backlog of SMT games I want to play, but I'm going to try and finish this sucker, since I really like it. It's weird the game is played on the bottom screen, and I could warm up to another battle theme, but so far story is cool and gameplay is great.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Picking up my 3DS for the first time since February. Just beat Gunvolt today. I'll replay it to get the good ending though.

Haven't played Animal Crossing in two months. Came back, weeds everywhere, and some new villagers, so that's nice :p I beetle farmed for the Dream Suite, and have like no public projects in my town, I need to do something about this.

I've been playing on my Wii U mostly though.

My 3DS is going to get alooot of use with Monster Hunter 4 though.

VLiberty

I'm playing nothing until I'm done with exams, and then there will be Velofuckingcity 2x, so I guess my 3DS will stay unused for another couple of weeks :/

Did anyone here beat Paper Mario Sticker Star without using a guide at some points? It took me about 28 hours to complete it and there was some tough/confusing parts. Final battle is tough too. There is no way I would have beaten this game without a walkthrough. If any did, then I tip my hat to you.

hongcha

I dug out my old Dragon Quest VII cart today and I'm trying to pick up where I left off on my last save from last year with 27 hours on the clock. It is such a boring game, but I keep hoping it will pick up. Will give it a few more hours before I chuck it in the "to sell" bin.

jacobeid

Banned
I just received an email with a code for mighty gunvolt for backing mighty no. 9 so I'll probably download that right now actually...

GAF, I need motivation to fight the last boss in Bravely Default. I'm saved just outside the last dungeon and need to head back in to finally fight him. I've been so fatigued on the game after slogging through chapters 6-8.

Once I do manage to beat it, I have either Zero Escape, Project X Zone, M&L: Dream Team, or Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars on deck. Think I'll take a break on RPGs though and knock out some of my eShop games instead.

Jimrpg

I've been playing Senran Kagura Burst mainly. I just got my 3DSXL (Yoshi) and that was the first game I got because I'm a big beat them up fan. Its alright, I'm up to chapter 4 now (of 5 I think?), and to be honest the combat is a bit weak, there aren't enough moves. I think even Double Dragon and Streets of Rage had more moves. There's 4 buttons, a jump button which is basically useless at the moment, a dash button which doubles as invincibility which is a little too powerful and weak and strong attack buttons. The combat is a bit like Dynasty Warriors, you hit various combinations of the weak and strong attacks to pull out combos.

There's a couple of other gameplay systems worth mentioning. At the start of the mission you can go 'frantic' meaning that your defense stats will decrease by a lot, while your attack stats are increased. You can also access 'shinobi' mode anytime during the stage, and you'll have access to longer combos and a ninja art which hits every enemy on the screen.

The backgrounds are a bit uninspired and the story is more or less the anime. The best bits are that it looks great and the animations for all the moves are fantastic. There's a bit of cosplaying involved too and you can dress the girls up with a number of costumes and swimwear. This one is probably for fans only! Not a bad game by any means, but the gameplay could have been deeper. As a comparison I like Dragon's Crown way more.

wilflare

Gunvolt for me. it's the only game that managed to get me to bear with the horrible screen and ergonomics... (which is sad because I got all the 3DS must-buy titles up until now... hope the new3DS fixes it!)

back to Vita for Velocity2X and Danganronpa!

VegiHam

So I've been playing Fire Emblem for the last couple of weeks. Never been so glad to be proven wrong after the demo left me with a bad impression. Picked it up on a mad impulse during the SSB4 Veteran eShop sale and I'm loving it so far.

openrob

Started renting games, currently playing DK:CR 3D.Never played it on the Wii, pretty fun, but had it for over a month now, will probably send it back without completing it just because I want to try something else.

Might go for Luigi mansion.

I put Fire Emblem: Awakening down to play through Ace Attorney vs Phoenix Wright. in FEA I'm save scumming on Hard/Classic and it's an experience in masochism for me. I've never played one of these before, but I'm enjoying this so much that I will be the first in line to preorder the next one, albeit with a veil of tears.

Ace Attorney vs Phoenix Wright is a fantastic breather from it though. Although this weird dude with his young companion keep interrupting my court proceedings with adventuring and puzzle solving, and sometimes even step on my toes in the court room, it's all worth it for the fantastic feeling of pointing out contradictions and shouting "Objection!" at the top of my lungs with my finger extended at my worthy adversary.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Persona Q has become a slog so I put it down and tried out the Seisou no Amazoness demo. Convinced me to get the full game after finishing it. It's the definition of a forgettable B-tier game but the dungeon crawling/battle is fairly decent and the story seems interesting enough. Also might be the first game I've ever played that has a character who speaks in Kyoto dialect, which I love.

jacobeid

Banned
Gunvolt for me. it's the only game that managed to get me to bear with the horrible screen and ergonomics... (which is sad because I got all the 3DS must-buy titles up until now... hope the new3DS fixes it!)

back to Vita for Velocity2X and Danganronpa!

I feel you there. I played the first level of gunvolt and went back to vita for spelunky because of the ergonomics. I've found that playing in bed with the 3ds resting on my chest/stomach is the most comfortable.

maxcriden

Did anyone here beat Paper Mario Sticker Star without using a guide at some points? It took me about 28 hours to complete it and there was some tough/confusing parts. Final battle is tough too. There is no way I would have beaten this game without a walkthrough. If any did, then I tip my hat to you.

I definitely had to use a guide for some of the puzzle solutions and hidden stickers.

boxfresh

Neo Member
Recently picked up my 3DS again for the first time in a long time and have been enjoying Fire Emblem Awakening immensely.
So much so that my in-game characters' reminders of "hey mate, shit is getting late and you better take a break" actually sound reasonable.
That game can really chew time away!

Next up I'll be getting back into MH3U once I fix up a wired connection for my Wii U so I can play online because solo is a freaking grind fest.

Picked up Super Mario 3D Land so I could dust off my 3DS. It's pretty good. I can see why people liked it. I still have some problems with depth perception in that game. Could be because I'm playing with the 3D off, which is because the 3D on this thing does not agree with me at all.

Top Bottom