• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

45 U.S presidents enter the arena ... one leaves alive. Welcome to the Thunderdome

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
Bill Clinton was actually in a fighting game before so... he wins.

WickedElementaryEasternnewt.gif

Pbae

Movie tropes tell me that the token black guy always dies first, though...

If anything he'd be the one survivor.

Everyone would consider him a servant and he'd just wait it out until the eventual necksnap from the back.

If worse comes to worse, he can always use the chaos emeralds.

Depends

I feel terrible saying this, but if they're all expected to fight at once Obama is dropping faster than Trump's approval ratings. We're talking about the first and only (Sorry Bill) Black US president and some ultra bigot presidents that either owned slaves, considered non-whites sub-human or not human at all.

El Topo

I assume some of the weaker presidents form an alliance to take down Teddy Roosevelt and others. After that, who knows?

Nairume

Banned
The racist ones would sadly probably team up against Obama. Trump would try to slowly scamper away.
Trump, Nixon, and Reagan would kill each other trying to be the first to kill FDR.

Teddy and Jackson effectively remove themselves from the fight after getting locked into an endless death duel that neither back down from.

(Teddy) Roosevelt was fit and loved tennis, wrestling, hiking, etc, but also severely asthmatic and blind in one eye by the time he was president. I think people have a view of his physical character that is more consistent with Roosevelt the Legend than Roosevelt the Man.

This is overcompensation from the other side; he was an active outdoorsman in spite of his limitations. He played tennis constantly as president, still boxed fairly frequently, and famously played a game where he would point at a distant hill or landmark and walk in a straight direction to get there, climbing hills, swimming rivers, etc. I agree that the reason he was committed to physical vigorousness was compensating for his medical problems in his childhood, but that doesn't mean there was nothing there.
I must be thinking of his condition while he was President as opposed to when he was a younger man. I just know that while he was President, he wasn't fit to be doing most of things his photo-ops showed him doing, similar to Putin's.

Jacce

Banned
Again that is a made up myth. Dude was not too healthy by the time he got elected.. He had bad asthma and only one working eye.

Teddy the badass President was a made up myth. It's not real guys. Almost all of that was just photo-ops.

Does anyone read history anymore?

This thread is depressing.

Lesath

Washington wins because nobody wants to be the guy that took out Washington.

My bets are on Andrew Jackson being taken out first.

Makai

Depends

I feel terrible saying this, but if they're all expected to fight at once Obama is dropping faster than Trump's approval ratings. We're talking about the first and only (Sorry Bill) Black US president and some ultra bigot presidents that either owned slaves, considered non-whites sub-human or not human at all.
Best strategy is to just long distance run around the arena while others fight - Obama's got a good shot.

Again that is a made up myth. Dude was not healthy. He had bad asthma and only one working eye.

Teddy the badass President was a made up myth. It's not real guys.

Actually it depends when in his life, Teddy was constantly active. I only posted a caricature to show his image based on his persona. Doesn't mean I don't know history. I just taught lessons on him a month ago.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The one who died on his first day.

How can you defeat that which is already dead?

Lois_Lane

Depends

Bams just needs to get in good with the recent presidents. At the very least I expect the likes of Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and LBJ to have his back. That might not matter in the long run but I doubt he dies first.My money's on taft or one of the gilded age presidents'. Probably Mckinley.

Grover Cleveland would be the the first to die as he's an easy target followed closely by Jimmy Carter, Franklin Pierce and probably Truman.

The melee would culminate in a final battle between Obama and Teddy. Obama would eventually slay Teddy but only after suffering some grievous injuries of his own.

Nairume

Banned
Again that is a made up myth. Dude was not too healthy by the time he got elected.. He had bad asthma and only one working eye.

Teddy the badass President was a made up myth. It's not real guys. Almost all of that was just photo-ops.

Mind that post-presidency Teddy is the one that got shot and continued to give a speech.

Even when you take him playing stuff up into consideration, there is some truth to the myth.

The OP says their peak physical condition. He may have been sickly as president, but there was a point and time where he was physically fit and strong.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I think you need to read the OP again...

A time-travelling society has kidnapped American presidents from an alternate timeline. The only difference between them and our counterparts is that they're an inch shorter. Each President has been taken at the peak of their physical ability and dumped into a gladiator style-arena.

They have no weapons.

They have no other way out.

Who dies first? Who dies last? Who forms the strongest alliances? That's for you to decide!

(*Note, they can all understand each other due to tech shenanigans. )

butzopower

proud of his butz
I always heard that Abe Lincoln was surprisingly strong and a world class wrestler.

Supposedly a real tier A trash talker too.

My favorite:

Wikipedia said:
Lincoln said that Douglas' Freeport Doctrine was a do-nothing sovereignty that was "as thin as the homeopathic soup that was made by boiling the shadow of a pigeon that had starved to death."

Obama, Clinton, JFK, James K. Polk, and FDR would form a deadly alliance. Then K. Polk would swiftly dispatch the rest. Having done all this he sought no second term.

Gallbaro

Banned
First day of presidency, TR. He is among the youngest and people underestimate the sheer will he had.

Last day of presidency, Jackson.

Between TR, Jackson and Lincoln, people forget the hardships they survived through just by living.

Lois_Lane

Yup. No question. Dude was a fucking badass. He took a fucking bullet to the chest, then went on to make a speech for like an hour.

but could he defeat Andrew Jackson? A man so crazy he tried to murder someone else with his cane. He also let himself get shot so he could kill his dueling opponent.

Brashnir

Washington wins because nobody wants to be the guy that took out Washington.

My bets are on Andrew Jackson being taken out first.

I know people love to hate on Jackson for being a huge piece of shit, but he was a tough son of a bitch - I think he'd last a while. Dude took a bullet to the chest in a duel, and then went on to shoot the other guy and win.

FDR wouldn't even make it into the ring before being knocked out.

Best strategy is to just long distance run around the arena while others fight - Obama's got a good shot.
I'd say his best bet would be getting Lincoln, Grant and Teddy on his side as fast as possible. Me thinks the first two would be pretty happy to see Obama among their ranks.
Bams just needs to get in good with the recent presidents. At the very least I expect the likes of Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and LBJ to have his back. That might not matter in the long run but I doubt he dies first.My money's on taft or one of the gilded age presidents'. Probably Mckinley.
I'd bet money on Buchanan or Truman dropping first lol. As for potential allies I feel like JFK is a shoe in. Eisenhower is a tossup, but the mostly likely out of 20th century Republicans. Bush is also a likely ally imo.

Retro

Can we all agree that Taft (heaviest, at 335 pounds) and Trump (oldest at 70, and also obese even if you believe the weight he gives (237, and he's very likely heavier and shorter than he claims) would get knocked out in the first 12 seconds?

Lois_Lane

I hope you're not serious right now.

Can you explain how I'm wrong? It's been almost three hundred years since Washington died. Are you saying there wouldn't been enough linguistic drift in that time period to make talking to each other even a little hard?

Lois_Lane

Can we all agree that Taft (heaviest, at 335 pounds) and Trump (oldest at 70, and also obese even if you believe the weight he gives (237, and he's very likely heavier and shorter than he claims) would get knocked out in the first 12 seconds?

Nah. Trump's a bitch. He'd hide in the corner and somehow end up in the top five by simple stint of missing the main bloodbath.

Give me Washington, Teddy, Lincoln, Eisenhower, and Obama.

It would probably come down to Washington vs Lincoln.

Tall, wiry guys are no joke.

My money is on Calvin Coolidge, I think he'd win just by standing really still and not saying anything. Everyone would just run around beating the shit out of each other and no one would notice him.

Jackson, Washington and Grant were the only ones you can definitively state have killed another human being in combat.

So one of those three. My money is on Washington because he's the most physically imposing of the three, and by the time he was in office, Grant was a deleriously​ advanced alcoholic.

Xe4

Banned
but could he defeat Andrew Jackson? A man so crazy he tried to murder someone else with his cane. He also let himself get shot so he could kill his dueling opponent.

Hmm. Good point. I do think it'd be close between Jackson, Teddy, and maybe Lincoln. Jackson is pretty crazy, so he could do good or bad. Lincoln, and especially Teddy are just straight bad asses though, so I'd say they have the best chances.

Still going with TR though. I couldn't have taken a bullet nearly as well as him, and that was far after his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom