• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCRS

Banned

*tears* this is beautiful.

One of my favorite ADWD conspiracies is the Northern one about an alleged giant betrayal about to occur against the Boltons.
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79929-the-great-northern-conspiracy-part-3/

I'm not going to read that. I still want to be surprised when reading the books. As much as I like the theories I wish I wouldn't have read them. In the R+L=J case it's just too obvious now, I don't want to spoil other surprises. Fucking bored fans are too thorough in their analysis lol.

Violater

Does anyone think that Ramsey actually has Mance?
Also how could Ned be the only person to know that Jon's mother was Lyanna and Rhaegar's child if that was the case?

Joni

Does anyone think that Ramsey actually has Mance?
Also how could Ned be the only person to know that Jon's mother was Lyanna and Rhaegar's child if that was the case?
Rhaegar knocks up Lyanna.
Rhaegar 'kidnaps' her and goes off to live with her in the Tower of Joy to hide the pregnancy from his wife/Ned/...
Robert starts his rebellion.
Months pass.
Rhaegar sets out and orders three King's Guard to guard Lyanna. They learn the truth.
Rhaegar is killed and the secret is lost from him.
Ned kills the King's Guards and finds Lyanna at the Tower. The secret is lost from them.
Lyanna dies in childbirth, secret is lost.
Ned and Howland Reed are the sole survivors.

Since this is referring to book stuff, even though it was from the show:

I like how Tyrion tells Pod in the latest episode that one of the whore can perform the Merenese Knot.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Since this is referring to book stuff, even though it was from the show:

I like how Tyrion tells Pod in the latest episode that one of the whore can perform the Merenese Knot.

Oh god I laughed so hard at that line, but couldn't properly explain the joke to any of my friends without spoiling something for them.

Violater

Rhaegar 'kidnaps' her and goes off to live with her in the Tower of Joy to hide the pregnancy from his wife/Ned/...
Months pass.
Rhaegar sets out and orders three King's Guard to guard Lyanna. They learn the truth.
Ned kills the King's Guards and finds Lyanna at the Tower. The secret is lost from them.

I really need to go and read the first book.

Violater

eh? You do know this is the no spoiler for all five books thread right? or do you mean read again?

Might have jumped from TV show to book 2/3

This, I was angry at Ned's death and didn't want to read about it in detail so I avoided book one, and read all the others.
So yes at this point I am past the fear of spoilers, but I think it's time I read the first book, ehh I have about 4 more years to go through the books again.

Trasher

Months pass.

Howland Reed is like GRRM's ace up his sleeve. But everyone knows...lol.

Howland POV chapters are coming!

Definitely. Personally, I didn't care much for Stannis until he met Jon. The way he recognized Jon Snows qualities and said he did not think Jon lied when he said he did not forsake his vows, that he had Ned's look etc. His general interactions with Jon made me like him all that more, something that probably wouldn't have happened had he won Blackwater.

You know, that cart before the horse/win the throne/save the kingdom quote would fix my problems with show Stannis pretty quickly.

Wh0 N0se

Can you imagine writing a storyline and then waiting 15+ years before any of it gets resolved! He must be itching to tell some of his secrets!

Joni

regarding the whole R+L = J thing, would anybody even believe Howland Reed? I wish they had DNA tests in Westeros
He is probably that credible that everything he says will be immediately believed. Especially once Jon commands both Others and Dragons at the same time, so Casterly Rock gets destroyed by Dragon Riding Others. /Crazy Fanfiction

Crisco

Banned
Just stumbled upon the theory that the miller's boys were actually Theon's bastard sons. I like that one, makes a lot of sense and explains why people were calling him kinslayer.

Trasher

Just stumbled upon the theory that the miller's boys were actually Theon's bastard sons. I like that one, makes a lot of sense and explains why people were calling him kinslayer.

wat

That means he would have been like 12 or 13 when at least one of those kids were conceived? He's only like 19 or 20 years old, and the Miller's boys are around the ages of Bran and Rickon (aka 10 years and younger).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
regarding the whole R+L = J thing, would anybody even believe Howland Reed? I wish they had DNA tests in Westeros

He's a bog ninja. They'll believe him.

He might even have something from The Tower of Joy like a parchment written by Rhaegar, but possibly not.

gazele

Banned
So I just finished ADWD after about 8 months (slow I know)

Had Jon's "death" spoiled for me, but not much else

So, maybe this has been explained, but where are people getting this idea that Aegon is descended from the Blackfyres? Or is not a direct Targaryen?

Just curious

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

I was going to say they are too old, but with Theon being 21 at the time of killing them, it could work out.

I thought Theon was closer to Jon/Robbs age, but he is 4 years older.

Trojita

So, maybe this has been explained, but where are people getting this idea that Aegon is descended from the Blackfyres? Or is not a direct Targaryen?

Just curious

He might be the mummer's dragon that was referenced in the prophecy. He might actually be Illyrio's son from his wife who was a descendant of the blackfyres.

Trasher

Just curious

Part of it is just that it seems too convenient that all of a sudden there is a male Targaryen that springs out of nowhere.

Read this.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

Just curious

The main hints, off the top of my head, are Illyrio's comment "Red or black, dragon is a dragon". Then there is the Golden Company supporting him ("some contracts are written in blood"), which pretty much exists only to get a Blackfyre on the throne (It was founded by Bittersteel, who fought for the first Blackfyre). Then there is the story of the black steel dragon that floated down the river, becoming red with rust.

FStop7

Banned
What's with GRRM and fake deaths / cutting away at the last second before 'death'? As the books continue he really starts to overuse this...

bengraven

That's perfect.

So Illyrio and Varys put Illyrio's kid on the throne and reap the benefits. Would suddenly make Varys' contribution obvious.

Trojita

Are we seriously going to have a redux of Targaryens can be affected fire? Dany not being immune to fire was a once in millenia event.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are we seriously going to have a redux of Targaryens can be affected fire? Dany not being immune to fire was a once in millenia event.

I thought we left that in the ditch once someone quoted GRRM saying Dany isn't immune to fire, she was just under the influence of Dragon Magic at the time of the hatching.

Trojita

I thought we left that in the ditch once someone quoted GRRM saying Dany isn't immune to fire, she was just under the influence of Dragon Magic at the time of the hatching.

We did, that was why I said redux. They are bringing it up again to prove Jon is Targaryen.

GRRM never specifically said it was due to Dragon Magic though.

lingiii

Banned
What's with GRRM and fake deaths / cutting away at the last second before 'death'? As the books continue he really starts to overuse this...

Lol just read Tyrion chapter in Dance with Dragons (second time through the book) where he falls off the poleboat and gets dragged under by stonemen to his death...

NOT!

Are we seriously going to expect everyone to read the previous 12425 posts? ;)

YES! Put up or shut up.

fanboi

Banned
Hahahahahaha GOT S3 thread... all going crazy about Jamie getting his hand chopped of and they all go "The North remembers".

Oh my god.

When Red W hits... Im bringing my popcorns and gifs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom