• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what purpose could that make?

Tywin doesn't need to be any more all-powerful than he already is. And how much of an idiot could Talisa be to get pregnant and still risk her life going to the Twins?

I dunno, I really dislike that theory. Seems dumb as hell.

I think it's dumb too, but I hate what they've done with Talisa's character in the show to begin with.

The only reason to bring Talisa to the Twins is so she can die there to maximize the drama and to get rid of her character because the show already has way too many of those. If she lives, the writers just fucked up.

Moff

Wasnt there some discussion that she could be rescued by the blackfish? he is an old badass, I could see that happen. and there might still be a real reason behind her being pregnant, other than adding more drama.

Dysun

Talisa is dead, the pregnancy and Volantis speech was practically begging you to care about her a little bit, she will take Dacey's role and die first.

Lots of possibilities for the Blackfish, Robb could send him away with the will before they arrive at the Twins if they dont cut it. Or move up his Riverrun escape to this one and have him jump in a river. Damn Memorial Day delay

Talisa "writing a letter to her parents" in Valyrian seemed rather conspicuous to me, but yeah, I don't know how it would all fit together or even keep her on after next week.

Aiii

So not worth it
Talisa "writing a letter to her parents" in Valyrian seemed rather conspicuous to me, but yeah, I don't know how it would all fit together or even keep her on after next week.

So she is spying on Robb and writing a letter to Tywin right after she had sex with Robb, while he's in the room, because of her amazing stealth skills and the assumption that Robb doesn't recognise a single word of Valyrian?

Seems a huge stretch.

It is, and like I said I don't really have any sensible theory. It just seemed like an odd bit of business to show and I felt like she might not be doing what she said she was doing.

On the subject of the RW:

Talisa is gonna die, right?

I know Jeyne didn't, but I can't see Talisa getting out of the RW alive.

Yes she will.

My question right now is last time we saw Robb, The Blackfish is with him. Will he have sent him back to Riverrun when we see him next episode, will he send him back during the episode, or will The Blackfish actually attend the wedding and escape somehow?

Tacitus_

Cheating from the wiki: Aegon II participated in the Dance of the Dragons, while Aegon V was also known as Egg and had his adventures Duncan the Tall.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
can we talk about dany taking a watery shit? i mean wtf was that chapter

I think there's no need for further discussion, since you summed it up perfectly.

I would like an entire novel about Beric and Thoros and what they were up to in between Ned sending them out and Arya encountering them. Such great characters.

Lkr

I think there's no need for further discussion, since you summed it up perfectly.

I would like an entire novel about Beric and Thoros and what they were up to in between Ned sending them out and Arya encountering them. Such great characters.

I'd rather read about the Cleganes. Shame both are dead as they were both very interesting characters to read about

Trasher

But it's still a flame, and flames are the Walkers' bane. Anyways, just because a fire is blue doesn't mean it's cold, and I don't see any other evidence in that passage that would point to the voice being connected with the others. I would attribute it to some other supernatural being.
We don't know if blue flames are their bane! We've never seen or heard of Melisandre using blue flames. They wouldn't just add that extra Varys scene in the show for nothing unless it was important. And noting the color of the flame was probably the biggest part I think. But maybe not. Who knows? lol

CassSept

Yeah. Dany eats some berries, drinks from a stream, gets diarrhea and thinks a lot about "if I look back I'm lost". Then she almost gets eaten by ants.

When I first got ADWD I peeked at a random page near the end of the book and saw a sentence that said something like "Dany looked at Dragonstone".

Some months later I finally got to the chapter.... fuck.

Thinking back, I really wish Jon had accepted Stannis' offer of Winterfell. I understand how as a Stark there's no way he would ditch the Night's Watch for anything but man, I would have loved him to be Lord of Winterfell... And still be alive :( Cos even though everyone seems to think he'll pull through, I don't want even like a 10% chance that he'll be dead.

lingiii

Banned
I'd rather read about the Cleganes. Shame both are dead as they were both very interesting characters to read about

Dog, you can't EVEN post in this thread and think either of the Cleganes are dead. The Hound is on that island of monkly dudes repenting, the Mountain--well ok he's a potentially headless zombie monster controlled by Qyburn.

Thinking back, I really wish Jon had accepted Stannis' offer of Winterfell. I understand how as a Stark there's no way he would ditch the Night's Watch for anything but man, I would have loved him to be Lord of Winterfell... And still be alive :( Cos even though everyone seems to think he'll pull through, I don't want even like a 10% chance that he'll be dead.

Plus then he'd be boning Val!

Tacitus_

Dog, you can't EVEN post in this thread and think either of the Cleganes are dead. The Hound is on that island of monkly dudes repenting, the Mountain--well ok he's a potentially headless zombie monster controlled by Qyburn.

The Hound and the Mountain are both dead.
What we do have is Ser Robert Strong and an unnamed grave digger in a religious brotherhood.

When I first got ADWD I peeked at a random page near the end of the book and saw a sentence that said something like "Dany looked at Dragonstone".

Some months later I finally got to the chapter.... fuck.

Ahhahaha, that's just too cruel :D

Lkr

I barely picked up on the whole "moon blood"/miscarriage thing, I was busy thinking about the diarrhea

wait there was a miscarriage? goddamn i was too distracted as well

i refuse to believe the cleganes are still alive. i honestly hope they're dead just for reason that there are too many cop outs when people are dying recently. i think it is very possible that the mountain is robert strong but there is no way the hound is still around

We don't know if blue flames are their bane! We've never seen or heard of Melisandre using blue flames. They wouldn't just add that extra Varys scene in the show for nothing unless it was important. And noting the color of the flame was probably the biggest part I think. But maybe not. Who knows? lol

Well it is the song of Ice and Fire, so I think a duality is implied, and we know that flames come in many colors (green wildfire, black dragonbreath, etc). What happened in the Varys scene you're referring to? I spend most of my time watching the TV series bitching about minor changes and how they totally ruin characters/story arcs so it's hard to remember the details.

Personally, I hope that everything supernatural doesn't boil down to coming from the Great Other/ Lord of Light. I've always thought it was interesting what Luwin said, that the maesters theorize that even gods can die, which made me think that the realm of gods was a sort of reflection of the realms of men, where power isn't absolute and is always in danger of slipping away.

wait there was a miscarriage? goddamn i was too distracted as well

i refuse to believe the cleganes are still alive. i honestly hope they're dead just for reason that there are too many cop outs when people are dying recently. i think it is very possible that the mountain is robert strong but there is no way the hound is still around

The Mountain is more dead than the Hound, he probably doesn't have any of his original personality left. Reread that Brienne chapter from AFFC, there's no way that the Hound isn't that new brother they mention.

Trasher

I took it to mean she had her period, thus indicating Dany is fertile again. Not having a miscarriage.
I thought that too, but honestly am not sure how her infertility actually works. I sort of assumed that you could still be infertile and still have your period. Anyone with better medical knowledge should confirm that though haha.

Well it is the song of Ice and Fire, so I think a duality is implied, and we know that flames come in many colors (green wildfire, black dragonbreath, etc). What happened in the Varys scene you're referring to? I spend most of my time watching the TV series bitching about minor changes and how they totally ruin characters/story arcs so it's hard to remember the details.

It was that added show scene where Varys talks about his genitals and the sorcerer in the box with Tyrion there. Awesome scene I thought actually.

Finishing an ASOS read-through right now (Sansa is building Winterfell in the snow right now, so good). Anyhow, now that season 3 nears its end, looking forward to so much juicy content in season 4.

I have a question though, when Stannis has a meeting with all the members that have put themselves forward for Lord Commander and Aemon asks to see his sword, he talks to Sam about how there was not heat coming from the blade. What was he talking about?

daripad

Finishing an ASOS read-through right now (Sansa is building Winterfell in the snow right now, so good). Anyhow, now that season 3 nears its end, looking forward to so much juicy content in season 4.

I have a question though, when Stannis has a meeting with all the members that have put themselves forward for Lord Commander and Aemon asks to see his sword, he talks to Sam about how there was not heat coming from the blade. What was he talking about?

Maybe it is not the true Lightbringer

OK so I'm only 220 or so pages into aDwD but I really don't understand Tyrion's uncompromising hatred for Jaime. Jaime was still very young himself when Tywin forced him to tell Tyrion that his wife was a whore. Jaime was just another pawn of Tywin in this situation, a situation that Tyrion himself is very familiar with. He too, did whatever his father bid of him, as Jaime did in that situation. I realize there's a "he should have had the balls and morals to stand up for his brother against their father" angle, but for Tyrion to want Jaime dead is a little overkill. Tywin, Shae, Cersei, I all understand. But Jaime was the one person in their family who always treated Tyrion fairly. So, OK, maybe he hates Jaime for eternity once he finds out the truth about the Tysha situation. But to want to kill him is a little much in my opinion. And making me like the character less than I used to.

Tacitus_

That was one of Tyrions character defining moments and then he learns it was a lie and the one person he thought he could trust was a part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom