• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned it before in this thread, but rereading cok right now, and I'm 100% convinced that mellisandre's ruby is a glamor, and that she's a fugly slave with a tattooed face, not a hot red piece of ass.The signs are all there.

apana

CrunchyB said:
Whoever took the sword did not bring a sword to Winterfell him/herself and knew about the crypts and might hide there (sometimes). Could be Mance Rayder, but probably not.

This is all assuming the missing sword is relevant. It could also have been a random looter (hah!)

Maester Luwin is most likely dead, but Wex didn't mention him and there's no mention of his body being found, which is a bit odd, but not very much so.

The man in the cloak is another enigma. It's probably not the Blackfish, Theon would recognise him for sure. We don't have many other named contenders. Again, it could have been some random dude from the past, but then, why bother?

And don't even get me started on the pink letter.

The whole Winterfell situation is total mess, I'm sure Martin dropped some clues we haven't even picked up yet, but it seems to me like most stuff is simply unknowable. He certainly gave us enough to chew on.

It's Old Nan who stole the sword and is gonna assassinate Ramsay. On another note is it possible that the young girl who was kissing that tall guy in Bran's vision is Old Nan? That could explain Hodor being so large.

elrechazao said:
I've mentioned it before in this thread, but rereading cok right now, and I'm 100% convinced that mellisandre's ruby is a glamor, and that she's a fugly slave with a tattooed face, not a hot red piece of ass.The signs are all there.

Yeah probably. I wonder what Stannis is gonna think when he finds out.

Duki

Banned
lmao my sister is like 30 pages away from the red wedding

shes all happy that sandor is taking arya to her mum and bro

xfddddd

Dresden

Duki said:
oh god

tears

tears and mass hysteria
uufmkl.jpg

JDAWGZZZ

Duki said:
oh god

tears

tears and mass hysteria

Lol. Hope she sticks with it. I was pretty pissed right after that chapter but by the end of SoS I had forgiven GRRM because of all the awesome shit that happened in the book.

Sh1ner

Duki said:

xfddddd

please update with her reaction!

I personally shouted wtf down the mobile to 2 different friends while they were satisfying themselves off my emotional distress and laughing their ass off like evil bastards.

Man

I'm not sure about the whole revival aspect. I'm not taking Jon's demise as seriously as I should at this point.

The last hundred-and-fifty pages of the book was bam-bam-bam. Pretty insane. The book is great!

zmoney said:
dude spoiler tag that shit.

*kidding* Yea, I think so. Robert Strong...heh.
magic is getting stronger in the world, as the pyromancers show, and the new grand measter was kicked out because he was dabbling in necromancy, so it makes sense that he discovered something and brought the mountain back as all his interactions with cersi hinted. I wonder how that will play out in the story or if it's related to rhollor somehow like stoneheart and what's his name that kept dying and coming back. That is some heavy shit to just ignore.

rando14

Beric Dondarrion.

--

Lol, is there a reason why you wouldn't worship Rhllor? You can see the future, protect yourself from harm, bring people kinda back to life (unless that's only Thoros?), etc

Unless you're a greenseer, which is rare, and if you're willing to become a tree :p

Dany

Banned
Just wanted to say I am loving the second book. I am 40% through it and love every tyrion and Jon chapter.

These are great books but I have a long way to go!

rando14

Dany M said:
Just wanted to say I am loving the second book. I am 40% through it and love every tyrion and Jon chapter.

Wait, you're in the unmarked spoiler thread and you're only on the second book? I hope it's a reread!

Piecake

Dany M said:

Yea dude, I would flee this topic immediately

Puddles

Banned
zmoney said:
*kidding* Yea, I think so. Robert Strong...heh.

I just hope we get to see Bob Strong wreck some shit in the next book. It will be lame as hell if he loses in his first fight (to Paladin Sandor Clegane). If he's going to fight his Paladin brother, I hope he at least gets to waste a few mooks before that.

Dany

Banned
rando14 said:
Wait, you're in the unmarked spoiler thread and you're only on the second book? I hope it's a reread!

I have no where else to say this so might as well say it here.

see you in 3 books :)

Puddles said:
I just hope we get to see Bob Strong wreck some shit in the next book. It will be lame as hell if he loses in his first fight (to Paladin Sandor Clegane). If he's going to fight his Paladin brother, I hope he at least gets to waste a few mooks before that.

Wait, what do you mean by Paladin? Last I remember of the Hound he was left by Arya drying by a creek. Refresh me please.

Puddles

Banned
wiggins022 said:
Wait, what do you mean by Paladin? Last I remember of the Hound he was left by Arya drying by a creek. Refresh me please.

A lot of fans believe that Sandor joined the holy order, became a grave-digger, and will be the High Septon's champion in Cersei's trial.

rando14

Puddles said:
A lot of fans believe that Sandor joined the holy order, became a grave-digger, and will be the High Septon's champion in Cersei's trial.

Whoa I didn't hear about that last part. Why would they think that? At best the Quiet Isle dude said he buried Sandor's old self + helmet, but I don't remember reading anything about High Septon's champ being "neo Sandor".

Pollux

rando14 said:
Whoa I didn't hear about that last part. Why would they think that? At best the Quiet Isle dude said he buried Sandor's old self + helmet, but I don't remember reading anything about High Septon's champ being "neo Sandor".
2nd this....where do we get the Sandor thing?

rando14 said:

The Quiet Isle dude said "the hound" was dead, in the same chapter a very large memeber of the order is noted a couple of times, its most likely Sandor.

Piecake

rando14 said:

I really don't think that is going to happen because it would totally go against Sandor's redemption arc. Frankly, I would be disappointed if that happened. The whole point of throwing away the dog helm and living in peace and quiet is his personal quest to let go of revenge and find his own path. It would totally go against that if the head dude at the quiet isle place (not to mention that septon's personality, history, and experience) ratted him out to the high septon.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
rando14 said:
It's mostly (read: all) speculation when it comes to Sandor, but if GRRM did keep him alive, and then associate him with the Faith, it's only logical to think he would play a part in the only plot point that involves the Faith of Seven in any way.

rando14

Gonaria said:
I really don't think that is going to happen because it would totally go against Sandor's redemption arc. Frankly, I would be disappointed if that happened. The whole point of throwing away the dog helm and living in peace and quiet is his personal quest to let go of revenge and find his own path. It would totally go against that if the head dude at the quiet isle place (not to mention that septon's personality, history, and experience) ratted him out to the high septon.

I agree. If Sandor is alive -- and that is not necessarily even the case, since GRRM loves to kill characters that readers like -- I can only imagine he'll live out his days in some quiet manner. Quiet Isle, small town worker, etc.

Snake

Gonaria said:
If it happens, I don't think it would be Sandor serving as the High Septon's champion.

Rather, I could see Reformed Sandor returning to put to rest the shade that currently occupies his brother's corpse. Not out of revenge, but to bring his brother peace.

Piecake

rando14 said:
I agree. If Sandor is alive -- and that is not necessarily even the case, since GRRM loves to kill characters that readers like -- I can only imagine he'll live out his days in some quiet manner. Quiet Isle, small town worker, etc.

Well, I can see two options for Sandor. Either he lives out his days in peace and quiet (I would find that disappointing since that basically means we wont really here from him again), or he joins and fights for a cause that he believes in as basically a way to make amends for the crimes he's committed and feel better about himself. That cause will not be him fighting and killing his brother.

Gamer @ Heart said:
magic is getting stronger in the world, as the pyromancers show, and the new grand measter was kicked out because he was dabbling in necromancy, so it makes sense that he discovered something and brought the mountain back as all his interactions with cersi hinted. I wonder how that will play out in the story or if it's related to rhollor somehow like stoneheart and what's his name that kept dying and coming back. That is some heavy shit to just ignore.
qyburn was never a grand maester.
Rabbit Lord said:
The Quiet Isle dude said "the hound" was dead, in the same chapter a very large memeber of the order is noted a couple of times, its most likely Sandor.
Also strongly implied that his horse is there too.

Piecake

IamMattFox said:
I seriously hate that there was only one god damn Jaime chapter in the novel.

yea, that chapter should just have been in AFFC and Jamie should have just been left out of ADWD. 1 chapter is such a freakin tease

rando14

I feel like it's almost guaranteed Jaime is going to die before the end of the series. If Brienne really is leading Jaime to a trap, it might even be near the beginning of Winds of Winter.

Not sure exactly what the consequences would be. The Kingsguard would be all but in shambles, with only Trant, Blount, and "Strong" (aka zombie) at Kings Landing.

Gonaria said:
yea, that chapter should just have been in AFFC and Jamie should have just been left out of ADWD. 1 chapter is such a freakin tease

Amen

rando14 said:
I feel like it's almost guaranteed Jaime is going to die before the end of the series. If Brienne really is leading Jaime to a trap, it might even be near the beginning of Winds of Winter.

Not sure exactly what the consequences would be. The Kingsguard would be all but in shambles, with only Trant, Blount, and "Strong" (aka zombie) at Kings Landing.

If Jaime dies I hope it's during a battle, not by execution. The Freys should be executed, Jaime deserves a grander death than that.

rando14 said:
I'm pretty sure he'll eat it at some point. I didn't really react to the red wedding, but I'll be destroyed if Jaime goes.

Still, I think he'll somehow get free from zombie Catelyn and get up to some other shenanigans before his glorious exit.

bluemax

Banned
Duki said:

xfddddd

I still don't see how people are surprised by that chapter. Its telegraphed as fuck.

bluemax said:
I still don't see how people are surprised by that chapter. Its telegraphed as fuck.
I knew bad shit was going to go down, but not wholesale slaughter of robb's northmen, robb, catelyn, and a bunch of other cool secondary characters.

elrechazao said:
I knew bad shit was going to go down, but not wholesale slaughter of robb's northmen, robb, catelyn, and a bunch of other cool secondary characters.

The Greatjon is still alive though, that was a huge mistake on the part of the Freys.

LegendofJoe said:
The Greatjon is still alive though, that was a huge mistake on the part of the Freys.
I doubt he's very great at this point. He's probably not reek level, but I have no doubt the freys have been fucking him up.

rando14 said:
Beric Dondarrion.

--

Lol, is there a reason why you wouldn't worship Rhllor? You can see the future, protect yourself from harm, bring people kinda back to life (unless that's only Thoros?), etc

Unless you're a greenseer, which is rare, and if you're willing to become a tree :p

Plus you get a shot at banging Melisandre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom