• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Nemesis_

It's good, though I dunno about the best. I like "Aristotle Means", too.

Yeah he was great too.

I love these kinds of things they do with the characters. I remember Drew Misham. He looked like a paintbrush, his name is Drew (Draw). Just a perfect combo.

I liked how they made Solomon look like a Rocket too lol.

789shadow

Banned
Spark Brushel. And he terrified me as well. \=,
40QlPMi.jpg

zruben

Banned
Just finished it!!!

OMG YES!!!! That last case was fantastic!

some general impressions of the last bits:

The whole part with the masks freaked me out, specially the first one. I was like WHAT WHAT?!?!?! STARBUCK! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?! IS THAT A TWIN BROTHER OR SOMETHING?!

however, I felt that the "last battle" was incredibly easy compared to other games (even other cases of the same game)... just looking at the evidence in the court record I knew how it was gonna develop.

In the credits, when Edgeworth was mentioning the salary cuts, I REALLY hoped to see Gumshoe there, or at least a mention.

Also, it was kinda disappointed to NOT have Maya there... Pearly being there was really a mean tease =(

Also DAT ENDING MUSIC. I need this soundtrack SO bad.

Cody_D165

Banned
From the Ace Attorney Facebook:

Turnabout Reclaimed is the brand new full length additional episode coming to Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, available on Thursday 21st November for €4.99 / $5.99 / £3.99. The episode tells the story of the first case Phoenix Wright took on after reclaiming his Attorney’s badge. Unravel the truth using all the investigation techniques from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies, including the Mood Matrix and Psyche-Lock. Series favourite character Pearl Fey returns to assist the team as they face off against the mysterious prosecutor Simon Blackquill.

WE HAVE A DATE!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey, alright, next week. Kind of a bummer there's no sale similar to what Japan got, but $6 sounds alright, considering you also get the unlockable costume at the end. Any word on how long the case is compared to other cases in the game?

Also, $30 / 5 = $6, so price seems fair in comparison.

I still think Winston/Gaspen Payne is the best play on words to ever grace the series. There's other really good ones, but the Paynes are just amazing (Winston more so than Gaspen because Winston Payne you actually have to figure out).

Famassu

Bought the game today & finished the first case. Would have played more in the evening but that stupid GOG sale got in the way of everything I had planned for tonight.

ohlawd

the 21st?!??!

actually that's not a bad date. Hopefully I can finish the case on the same day so I'll be ready for 3D World the next day

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, let's just start case 3 & OH MY GOD
THAT SMILE, that is just CREEPY, not to mention with the added weirdness of his hand, outfit, & everything

Edit: Did I REALLY just read a
Fifty Shades of Grey
reference? That's...just silly.

vctor182

Nooooooo I accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread thinking it was this one and I saw something I shouldn't!!! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Shengar

Finished my Ace Attorney re-playthrough while I was banned. Will post Return To The Court impression thread later on this day. But for now I will post short impression of AA5 cases I've played so far.

Case 2
This is like people is absolutely horrible. Not only because the whole premise sounds silly, but it also because the way they handle it. The 'twist' here seemed much more like an asspull to me. Not too mention bad culprit by the mean of how L'belle defend himself (no worse than 2-1 though). Perhaps the worst filler case ever. 2-1 is better because it is shorter, not dragged down to a mess like this.

Case 3
I actualy like this case premises, if only not because its highschool drama and trope. At least they've got an actual funny twist in this case, though I think it kinda too much for Hugh. The mental breakdown moment of Athena here really got into me. How they handled it, I think they managed to do it right. Only moments after it that kind break the mood for me but not by huge margin fortunately. Also Aristotle transformation perhaps one of the memorable villanous turncoat ever since he transformed so much. All of his animation after transformed is really great, and the only thing dissapointing for me is his breakdown, which is totally anti-climax compared to how he trasnformed into a spartan.

Case 4
A huge jump of quality here, and I mean it really. Great entertaining witness that is Yuri Cosmos (that spin lololol), solid premises of the case, and great foreshadowing. The only problem here I can spot probably some basic logic on the infrastructure (which I think much more of a creator's oversight), and some obvious thing being ignored until it got revealed later though it could come to light earlier. That makes me realized how easy AA5 is since many obvious, simple contradictions are made into testimony while in Trial and Tribulation the contradictions required us to have massive logic leap.

Also the ending of Case 4
What the actual fuck?! How I couldn't see this coming?!
godot-steams%28a%29.gif

Case 5 Investigations

Time to gather evidence.

Yes, Trucy and Phoenix combo.

Here comes Pearls. That theme, the poses. All of the feels.

Time to talk to some witnesses.

OMG the robots are revolting the world is going to end. Yeah more Pearls.

Also, now I want a DLC case where
Pearls meets the crew.

This case. I'm not sure my heart can take it.

vctor182

Finished the game, great ending. Case 5 is right on top of my favorite cases next to AA1-5 and AA3-5. I saw yesterday a video showing all the breakdowns and man they really did a great job with the 3D models, it makes the game feel more alive. Overall I feel this is the best AA game with 1 excellent case, 3 really good and 1 Ok. I'm hoping this is not the end I really like this franchise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, Case 3, Day 1's trial is just making me laugh with the whole
Newman is actually a female deal
& then when
she calls Blackquill "Mr. Birdman"

Anyone here think Capcom pulls a "DuckTales" and releases this physically eventually?

I'm getting my Zelda 3DS next week and need to decide whether to wait a bit more, or if there's no chance this ever comes physically.

demidar

Anyone here think Capcom pulls a "DuckTales" and releases this physically eventually?

I'm getting my Zelda 3DS next week and need to decide whether to wait a bit more, or if there's no chance this ever comes physically.

Depends on how well it does I suppose.

If they pull that one, I'm gonna
karma-roar%28b%29.gif

Haha, and you know all too well with the Scrooge McDuck avatar. I bought DuckTales since i thought it was only coming digitally, only to have a physical release this week.

So, yes, I had to buy. (It has an awesome Scrooge Pin with the Wii U version!

Shengar

Just met
Pearl, so why is the dialogue options so limited?! I want to talk more things with her! Why you not let me Capcom!!!!

Haha, and you know all too well with the Scrooge McDuck avatar. I bought DuckTales since i thought it was only coming digitally, only to have a physical release this week.

So, yes, I had to buy. (It has an awesome Scrooge Pin with the Wii U version!

Collecting physical copy would be glorious for my shelf, but I don't have the expenses to do so D:
=====================

WHAT
phoenix-ohshit.gif

THE
franziska-damage.gif

ACTUAL
edgeworthDA-damage.gif

FUCK
godot-steams%20mug%28a%29.gif

BUT I thought
he just nothing but a simple brighted, clean clothed, but still guilible version of good ol' GUMSHOE
klavier-damage.gif

Shengar

It seemed that I finished AA5 first before I could write my RRTP impression. Well, it'll still come though and here now the inevitable tiering:

AA3|>AA1>AA5>AA4>AA2>AAI

Finishing case 3 (academy) right now. Loved the ending a lot !

Are the next cases even better ?

EDIT : and the animation when you recap everything and it makes sense (with the music) is awesome.

jackal27

Banned
Playing through the old games for the first time right now so I can make my way up to this one. Does the series consistently stay this good?

Top Bottom