• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Sera O

Banned
I decided to google Juniper Woods today.
Clearly this was a mistake.

Juniper-Woods-630x278.png

I'm kind of disturbed by the way the trees are trying to cuddle, or whatever that is.

Case 3 is great.
Robin Newman suddenly going all coy and sparkly. Tactical Espionage Action.
Such good times.

Zornica

Banned
I am so confused someone help

Case 4

Just got to the point where the rooms in the space station were reversed? Can someone explain? I don't get the whole bomb thing. If the bomb went off in launch pad 2, then why was 1 destroyed when they were switched back?

launchpad 1 was destroyed because the bomb went off in launchpad 1 and not 2. starbuck and the victim were in launchpad 2 at that time.

Case 2 bored me to DEATH, after that it's just amazingness.

I give case 1 the benefit of the doubt when showing who did it at the beginning since it's meant to be more of a short tutorial case to familiarize how to figure out stuff, but yeah, case 2 was rather boring because all I was thinking was "coommeee ooonnn, when will I see the person who did it? Good, now when will they appear in court so I can finish this up?". Thankfully, case 3 totally makes up for this.

I wasn't feeling case 2. What a boring mess that was. Everything after that was excellent though.

Man , you sure are making me hyped for case 3 !

Will start .. right away !

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If you don't particularly care for the mythology, I can see why case 2 can be so offputting.

I thought it was perfectly fine, but people saying it was one of the worst cases ever are overreacting IMO.

Alright, so let me clarify.

When I posted that last night I was at the part where CASE 5
Fulbright is revealed to be the phantom

But now

His true identity was just revealed

And I

am

screaming

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING

NO

WHAT

ASDSDSFASDSDSFDGADFSADASFASDSAFASDSAFAFASDSADSADSadADa

I REFUSE

TO ACKNOWLEDGE

THAT THIS IS REAL

CAPCOM WHY

WHY DO YOU PLAY WITH MY BRAIN LIKE THIS

STOP IT

STOP

JUST STOP

Shengar

That reaction worth a cup of coffee
godot-sniff.gif

Anyway, speaking of coffee,
Blackquill without his rattling chain is weird. It's like Godot without his sip of coffee, Franziska without her crackling whip, Manfred and his finger snap, or Edgeworth without his smirk. He lost his most signature sound, and that quite displeased me :(

NeonZ

I liked case 2 quite a bit, especially with all the twists it had. Case 2 and 3 here really made me wish that the games weren't so conservative with the amount of characters in each case. The killer in each one became obvious fairly early just because there was no one else around to take that role after a certain point.

wW4AN7q.gif

Why sad Trucy? :(

Presumably Because (AA3 spoilers)
he's probably dead. IF the stab to the face at the end didn't get him, and he somehow didn't get the death penalty, then he probably still died from the damage to his central nervous system which had left him in a coma for years.

DaBoss

Presumably Because (AA3 spoilers)
he's probably dead. IF the stab to the face at the end didn't get him, and he somehow didn't get the death penalty, then he probably still died from the damage to his central nervous system which had left him in a coma for years.
Oh, I didn't think it was for that... :(

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my fucking god. Just finished the game.
In Justice I fucking trusted!!!

Fucking hell what an amazing twist.

Meia

So I finished AA5 this morning. That......was certainly a thing.

As much feels as I had with the previous games, something about the presentation of this game just made some moments sooo jarring. Not sure if it's because I genuinely liked Athena's character or not, but any moment she breaks down is just heart-breaking. Notice little things like Widget being completely blank, while it normally shows her mood.

Last case was really amazing, as was the setup into it. Structure was a little wonky(that the whole thing takes place in 1 day is kind of silly), and also wasn't a fan of how ham-fisted it was when you finally cornered Fulbright, but damn still satisfying.

And yeah, I'm totally bummed that one of the best new characters they've added in Fullbright isn't going to be a regular. Then again, it makes him almost legendary as a villain, and should make playing through them again all the more interesting.

LOVED the additions to the game itself in this. The last moments of each case with that special music playing while you zoom in on the character's closed eyes as they piece together things was amazing, and I really liked Athena's gameplay addition much more than Apollo's when that happened. BUT, this game wasn't really a game anymore. Saving like you could before you presented anything removes any penalty for a, well, penalty system, and you rarely had to figure out what to do on your own, as the game seemingly ran on autopilot. The character flat out telling you what to do or where to go before you can "choose" to go there, but knowing nothing will happen unless you do is a bad change.

Will say though, I was sleepy before the end of case 4 and had planned on going to bed for work after it was over. Then THAT happened, so yeah, that plan was shot to hell. :p

Top Bottom