• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, that ending for Case 4. & judging by all the reactions, Case 5 is going to fulfill on my expectations on what the hell happened.

GSR

Welp, I just beat the DLC. R-EEL-y fun case in its own right, even though I saw parts of the twist coming regarding
the second orca and Rimes trying to save the captain
. I suspected
Dr. Crab for quite some time, though. A breakdown animation involving penguins would have been something special for sure.

Can't wait for gif versions of the new animations.

Also,
Pearls
is a way better assistant than Athena for the investigation parts.

PL vs. AA is next, I guess.

Marathoned straight through, eh? I can't blame you. It's one of my favorite cases.

DLC SPOILERS
Rimes was probably my favorite 'villain' in the game, even if he didn't actually kill anybody. I also briefly suspected Crab but soon the game was throwing so much evidence in his direction it had to be a red herring.

L~A

Is the DLC worth buying? It's going to feel really weird playing this after case 5.

Definitely yeah. Haven't played it myself, but people I know who've played it told me it was great... definitely one of the best cases in this game. It's actually as long as a normal case, so it's not something you'll complete with just one session in court or anything. Seriously, you shouldn't miss this one.

watkinzez

Oh wow. I just bought the DLC with an international credit card on the Canadian store, having gotten the original game on the American store with the Fire Emblem/SMT IV rebate. Was honestly expecting it not to work, but I'm glad it did!

hat_hair

I have a friend who only started playing the game recently, and was still on Case 2 last night. When would be the best time for him to play the DLC? After Case 3?

dumbyugi

Finished the DLC. It was absolutley fantastic. It might even be my favourite case of the game. You can tell this was meant to be part of the main game at some stage. CASE 5 SPOILERS:
Case 5 really should have been case 4 and 5 combined, with the DLC case fitting in nicely after case 2, or even after case 3 as a sort of flashback case.
DLC SPOILERS:
Rime is probably my favourite "villian" of the game. I thought it might have been Crab at first but there was so much evidence pointing to him that I figured it probably wasn't him, the games never make it that obvious. Pearl fit into this case so much nicer then she did in case 5, she didn't just feel like a little bit of fanservice. I enjoyed the singing in the anime cutscenes, it didn't sound bad and the cutscenes themselves were fun to watch.

ohlawd

woot thanks doods, getting now.

I woke up early and I feel awful but my body probably knew like "dude wake up now. the dlc is here!“

daydream

Banned
Marathoned straight through, eh? I can't blame you. It's one of my favorite cases.

DLC SPOILERS
Rimes was probably my favorite 'villain' in the game, even if he didn't actually kill anybody. I also briefly suspected Crab but soon the game was throwing so much evidence in his direction it had to be a red herring.

I think what I liked most about the DLC is that both sides were really going for it - Phoenix rethinking the foundations of the case several times and Blackquill pressing every detail, as well as
arresting Sasha after the first verdict
. He's definitely the best prosecutor after Edgey.

I have a friend who only started playing the game recently, and was still on Case 2 last night. When would be the best time for him to play the DLC? After Case 3?

After Case 3 would be perfect, yes.

Finished the DLC. It was absolutley fantastic. It might even be my favourite case of the game. You can tell this was meant to be part of the main game at some stage. CASE 5 SPOILERS:
Case 5 really should have been case 4 and 5 combined, with the DLC case fitting in nicely after case 2, or even after case 3 as a sort of flashback case.
DLC SPOILERS:
Rime is probably my favourite "villian" of the game. I thought it might have been Crab at first but there was so much evidence pointing to him that I figured it probably wasn't him, the games never make it that obvious. Pearl fit into this case so much nicer then she did in case 5, she didn't just feel like a little bit of fanservice. I enjoyed the singing in the anime cutscenes, it didn't sound bad and the cutscenes themselves were fun to watch.

Yup, the DLC features the best cutscenes in the game, it's not even a question for me.

spiritfox

Goddamn these games, they drive me to procrastinate.

image.php

GSR

Bwahaha, I guesses the twist of case 2 right off the bat. It's what I was hoping for too, so I was pretty pleased.

On to case 3! :D

The DLC takes place right after case 2, so (to both of you) you may as well start it now!

IT IS TIME

... but at the same time it's tough accepting that this is the last bit of Ace Attorney I'm gonna get to play for a while :(
okay yeah plvaa is a thing i guessss but it's gonna be hard going back to that after aa5

AA5 full main game spoilers and minor DLC spoilers follow

"You're not such a bad guy after all, Detective Fulbright!"

I FUCKING KNEW THEY WOULD DO THIS GOD DAMMIT

daydream

Banned
AA5 full main game spoilers and minor DLC spoilers follow

"You're not such a bad guy after all, Detective Fulbright!"

I FUCKING KNEW THEY WOULD DO THIS GOD DAMMIT

I didn't really follow how much time elapsed during the main game, but
is there any chance that this is the real Fulbright? It is a prequel after all.

I didn't really follow how time much elapsed during the main game, but
is there any chance that this is the real Fulbright? It is a prequel after all.

Nah, it's the Phantom. At the time of case 5, December, it had been over a year since the real Fulbright's death. The DLC case takes place in July.

jschreier

Holy crap. Main game spoilers, no DLC spoilers:

Bobby just popped up in the aquarium and a chill actually ran down my spine.

DaBoss

LOL

I love that reference to
1-4.

Yea, it makes the DLC case even more special after beating the main game. Gives a new perspective on things.

His smile even seems more like a menacing smirk now and the animation where his eyes are blocked off by his sunglasses takes on a whole new meaning. Man.

rekameohs

Banned
DLC Case: [spoilers for case 5]

"You're not such a bad guy after all, Detective Fulbright!" Jesus Christ, game. And I thought that knowing that Candice Arme was in that container during the entirety of Case 4 pt 1 was bad enough. That's just mean.

:'(

Yep, sounds like we're all in the same boat here, looking at posts above.

Top Bottom