• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

rekameohs

Banned
xqfn2B1.gif

This is the perfect gif.

ohlawd

goofed off but finished the DLC. FANTASTIC, worth every penny.

spoilers for the dlc case
Azura dying was an accident and Ora being put down despite being innocent made me so sad. Then Crab said she's actually in the other aquarium, alive and eating lots of fish. I should have remembered that Crab and the cap'n were vehemently against putting Ora down so that should have been a flag but eh I don't have the best memory around. I'm pretty damn happy about this outcome. Now both Ora and Orla can play together yay :D

The Swashbuckler Spectacular is so catchy. Here are the lyrics if anyone cares.

We be pirates. We love to sail the seven seas.
Just a bunch o' scallywags who are as free as free can be.
We swim through storms and waves, all because you see,
Grand treasure and adventure's waitin' just for me!

Wendee Lee has a very lovely singing voice <3

Oh my god, they referenced Sharknado.

Sharknado, for God's sake!

I just watched that for the first time not even a week ago.

This case is already golden.

DaBoss

Day 2 Trial right now.
So the case is now going towards a way that accuses one person, but I firmly believe that person is not the suspect, it has to be the other person.

dlc trial day 2 spoilers

they are dangling cross examining the orca right in front of me

THEY KNOW I WANT IT

edit:
oh nooooo i don't like where this is going

i kinda figured after the fingerprints on the ladder, though...

edit2:
HOLY FUCK RIMES'S TRANSFORMATION

FUCKING GODLIKE STAY FREE WRIGHT

edit3:
FUCK YES IT IS HAPPENING

ACE ATTORNEY YOU ARE THE BEST SERIES EVER

edit4:
"-- The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright --"

THIS IS TOO MUCH

wtf the whale didn't accept my offer of a tasty attorney's badge
clearly she has no respect for the profession

god that was an amazing case

DaBoss

I'm supposed to be sleeping right now, but I absolutely had to post this.

The DLC case is the the best filler case ever and one of the best cases overall in general.

The whole thing was just crazy and good and shows what Ace Attorney is all about.

GSR

Loving these DLC reactions. It's probably my favorite case in the game; it feels like the developers let themselves cut loose a bit with it. It hits that great AA balance of serious and silly.

dlc trial day 2 spoilers
edit4:
"-- The Dissin' of Phoenix Wright --"

THIS IS TOO MUCH

In the Japanese version
that testimony is "Disrespect Mr. Naruhodo" (in English, even though it's the Japanese version)

Frolow

Banned
The DLC Case reminds me a lot of 2-3, except in a good way.
Also, like the
Ema
reference. It was neat to use the
luminol
again, but I wish it was used more in the main game rather than being tacked on to the DLC Case.

DaBoss

I just searched and found out there isn't a thread telling people the DLC case is available. Everybody needs to play it. It is so good.

rekameohs

Banned
Finding Nemo reference?

They belong together like a clownfish and a sea anemone!

I love you Capcom.
Just finished Investigation Day 2. They really seemed to go all out with the pop culture references and shout outs to earlier games in the series with this case. It really feels like a love letter to Ace Attorney fans.

Just finished Investigation Day 2. They really seemed to go all out with the pop culture references and shout outs to earlier games in the series with this case. It really feels like a love letter to Ace Attorney fans.

Yeah, I'm still on the first investigation but I'm already super happy with all the references and puns and whatnot.

Easily the best case in this game so far.

rekameohs

Banned
Jog my memory, what section of AA3 is the
SPARDA
thing from?
Present a random piece of evidence to Lisa Basil and you're greeted with the following conversation.

Maya Fey
Umm, would you mind taking a look at this?

Lisa Basil
I'm sorry. That data is SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected.

Maya Fey
SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected!? What!? This is madness!

Phoenix Wright
No, Maya. That is SPARDA.

Aka the internet's favorite meme around the English release of AA3 in 2007.

Frolow

Banned
Present a random piece of evidence to Lisa Basil and you're greeted with the following conversation.

Maya Fey
Umm, would you mind taking a look at this?

Lisa Basil
I'm sorry. That data is SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected.

Maya Fey
SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected!? What!? This is madness!

Phoenix Wright
No, Maya. That is SPARDA.

Aka the internet's favorite meme around the English release of AA3 in 2007.
Ah yes, it's coming back to me now. I'm surprised they referenced something so obscure though.

Yes and no. Is a little more tragic.
Yeah, finished the case. After
his transformation
I didn't see that coming at all.

I'm low on free time and haven't even made it past the introduction to Case 2 yet. Do you have to finish the main game to play the DLC case or will it spoil parts of the main game?

the only negative i can think of about the dlc case is that
we didn't get a cutscene of swashbuckler spectacular feat. redstache the rappin' pirate

Just finished the DLC case.

It was awesome and I love how goofy it could get.

AND I'M TOTALLY WITH EVERYONE WHEN
they dangled cross-examining the orca in your face but the obvious choice was to present evidence and being slightly disappointed
BUT THEN IT HAPPENED. I smiled like a goddamn child.

Also,
Franziska von Karma
reference <3

Oh, and this case had one of the best meltdown reactions. It was pretty fucking rad.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Just finished the DLC case. Loved every minute of it, especially
pressing every one of Orla's statements and pissing off Blackquill with it
. It's pretty long, too. Worth every cent and an example of what DLC should be.

That's what I love about the case. You think you've figured it out, but then it drops a bombshell on you.

Yeah. Just finished it. Really awesome, even the anime cutscene were good, shocking!

The characters were really good. All the reference to previous game were nice.

The Dissin of Phoenix Wright was awesome. Dat pirate Athena hnnnggggggggg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If I buy the DLC from the Brazil store but I bought the game on the USA store, will the DLC still work?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
DLC's Good case. I really really wished
they made a few of the videos part of the gameply ala Rise from the Ashes though.

mandiller

If I buy the DLC from the Brazil store but I bought the game on the USA store, will the DLC still work?

My experience with Fire Emblem's DLC is you can only buy the DLC from the same region store you bought the game.

I'm in Australia but I switched region and bought the EU version of the game. The AU store didn't let me buy DLC but switching to EU fixed it up. This'll be an issue when the Miiverse update hits as you won't be able to ever switch region again after you set up a Nintendo Network ID.

rekameohs

Banned
Man, that
"Feenie" costume
you get when you beat the DLC case is so goofy in the courtroom, haha. I'll probably use it when I eventually decide to do a second playthrough.

I really enjoyed the breakdown in the DLC case, too. This game just had great breakdowns in general.

DLC Trial 2 questions:

What was the Franziska reference? I think I missed it

I believe Rimes makes some comment about receiving lashes, and then Phoenix makes a remark referencing having experienced something similar himself, referring to von Karma's whip.

Maybe someone else has an exact quote because that's basically the extent of what I remember.

I almost finished the DLC case, but my 3DS's battery went out. Saved in time right after the breakdown, but nooooo... so close and yet so far. ;_;

I believe Rimes makes some comment about receiving lashes, and then Phoenix makes a remark referencing having experienced something similar himself, referring to von Karma's whip.

Maybe someone else has an exact quote because that's basically the extent of what I remember.

I forgot what leads up to it, but:
Blackquill says that if he - it's either Wright generally, or Rimes during his bogus testimony - continues his idiocy, he's going to give him 40 lashes with a wet fish, to which Athena says something like "Not even a wet noodle? How rude", and Wright responds that it's still better than 40 lashes with a whip.

Top Bottom