• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm only just now starting this game and am on Case 2. Should I play the DLC in some certain order or wait until I beat the game?

rekameohs

Banned
I'm only just now starting this game and am on Case 2. Should I play the DLC in some certain order or wait until I beat the game?
The timeline places it in between Cases 2 and 3, so you could do it then, or after the main game. I highly doubt it'll spoil anything - though surprisingly enough it makes a passing reference to a pivotal scene in Ace Attorney 1, Case 4!

Frolow

Banned
Finished the first trial. Neat to see
a case with multiple rulings in it again. They haven't done that since 3-2.

Jintor

I was playing dangerously and ended day one with only one penalty left :(

Worst thing was I got caught on that stupid "Is there something important in this picture?" thing but it doesn't actually let you see the picture while you're making that decision. It then locks you in the decision you make. So I chose "YES" just to examine the thing, and then accidentally hit yes again when I got penalised :(

Chrom

Finished Case 5 this morning and I really enjoyed it and the game as a whole. I still think AA3 is my favorite, though.

dlc case trial 1 beginning spoilers

nooooooo not a video in evidence :(
this case was going so well so far!

i really hope this case ends up being the anomaly as far as videos for evidence goes :(

McNum

And that's the DLC case done. That was fun.

DLC spoilers:
So, isn't this the first Ace Attorney case where it ISN'T murder? Accidental death by falling and a heart attack. No murderers at all.

Also, we have a case with an orca charged with murder, a rapping animal keeper, a vet with a baby penguin in his hair and a Sharknado reference. This is the lighthearted silly case that AA5 kind of was missing, isn't it?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Did you work on localisation?

Indeed I did! However I can't answer any questions about it, if you were wondering :/ I'm just happy people are enjoying it, especially the DLC part because I didn't have too much time to work on it.

Jintor

Indeed I did! However I can't answer any questions about it, if you were wondering :/ I'm just happy people are enjoying it, especially the DLC part because I didn't have too much time to work on it.

\o/

tankyou

please hire more subeditors :(

DaBoss

f1HCA6k.gif

gerudoman

Was planning to play the special case once I was done with case 4, but holy shit after case 4 ending that will have to wait.

Starting case 5 right now.

Thank you for your hard work on this awesome game! :D

pls loc aai2

Vibranium

Banned

Thank you so much for the localization, you guys are awesome. Please assault Capcom HQ with emails to localize Ace Attorney Investigations 2 if you have the time though!

zulux21

so... I just had an idea...
a spin off ace attorney game where Phoenix is trying to find a girlfriend for whom he can be Mr. Wright for.

imagine the possible puns :3

anyways so far I am enjoying the dlc case characters, though I hope the culprit isn't the person that it feels painfully obvious that it would be.

And that's the DLC case done. That was fun.

DLC spoilers:
So, isn't this the first Ace Attorney case where it ISN'T murder? Accidental death by falling and a heart attack. No murderers at all.

Also, we have a case with an orca charged with murder, a rapping animal keeper, a vet with a baby penguin in his hair and a Sharknado reference. This is the lighthearted silly case that AA5 kind of was missing, isn't it?

Depends of what you consider lighthearted:

Dude waiting to get revenge for his dead girlfriend only to be indirectly responsible of a friend dead and get his other love interest almost convicted for murder... only to realize that it was not even the fault of the orca in question (and his girlfriend actually died of a heart attack doing the job she loved)

McNum

Depends of what you consider lighthearted:

Dude waiting to get revenge for his dead girlfriend only to be indirectly responsible of a friend dead and get his other love interest almost convicted for murder... only to realize that it was not even the fault of the orca in question (and his girlfriend actually died of a heart attack doing the job she loved)
Well, yeah, but considering the main game...

I like how even the game is going "Wait, what...?" at the idea of defending an orca in court, though. I get the feeling Blackquill only took that case for his own amusement and to see Phoenix Wright in action.

Blackquill got to deadpan one of the best lines of the case, too. "There's only one exhibit worth seeing there, and that's the penguins." Just stated like a matter of fact. Even he can't help being a bit silly in this one.

Yeah, it has some dark elements, two dead people for one, but it had a lot of strange and funny ideas that actually turned out to be plot relevant, too.

Also,

I like how even the game is going "Wait, what...?" at the idea of defending an orca in court, though. I get the feeling Blackquill only took that case for his own amusement and to see Phoenix Wright in action.

Yeah, but I also think that
He probably knew (or at least have the idea) that Edgeworth was the one that help him to get his badge back and was probably related to his personal case. He was particularly nasty when it seemed that the first trial was just a set up to get Sasha convicted by the help of Phoenix. So kind of a "Fuck you. Leave me be." To Edgeworth and Phoenix

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haha, I don't know why, but seeing the phrase "
blast processing abilities
" in Case 5 made me laugh & appreciate the reference.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot that
Pearl Fey
is in this. That's a nice surprise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, cannot wait to get to the trial after remembering/seeing
Edgeworth returning. This case is becoming a reunion party.

....& I just now made the (possible) connection of
Widget and those robots made by Athena's mother.
They gotta be connected somehow.

Holy shit dlc case second day of trial

I thought we weren't going to cross examine the orca, now we are :D

I love you based ace attorney!

Also investigation day 2

pirate Athena hnnnnggg

Great, now I got a thing for punk rock pirate aquarium employees. I feel like such a bad person for seeing Sasha show up and start giving metal signs and thinking "Stop being an awful person, boner"

Thanks a fucking lot.

daydream

Banned
Holy shit dlc case second day of trial

I thought we weren't going to cross examine the orca, now we are :D

I love you based ace attorney!

Totally my reaction as well.

Happy to see that everyone's enjoying the DLC. It proves that there's a place for "filler" cases that don't necessarily rely on their significance in the grand narrative scheme of things.

The localization is great, well done! I actually had to play the earlier entries in German, because that was the only translation that was included in the German release (Edit: along with Italian and Spanish..yeah. Edit 2: Actually, the languages included varied from game to game. That's so weird.). It never even gets close to the English translation which is much more entertaining and clever, I compared it.

In that sense, I probably shouldn't complain about the lack of a retail version, if that would have meant missing out on another superior script.

DaBoss

I think I've figured out the case, but I'm a bit confused iffy on one of 2 suspects, but it really can't be anyone else lol.
I literally just started this case and it's already absolutely bonkers.

Anime cutscenes redeemed forever, holy shit.
You haven't even gotten to the best one yet. Anime cutscenes are a must.

DaBoss

lmaaaaaoooooooooooo

DLC Case Day 2 Spoiler
'Wow. He just got away with calling a young woman a "check" in court.'

I love you localization team. I really do.

Top Bottom