• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Jintor

Stuck on day two trial part two of the dlc.

i can't figure out what to present re the tooth marks. I know it has something to do with summer's walkie talky, bit i can't figure out the right evidence - statement combo.

Any help?

Stuck on day two trial part two of the dlc.

i can't figure out what to present re the tooth marks. I know it has something to do with summer's walkie talky, bit i can't figure out the right evidence - statement combo.

Any help?

I was stuck on that and looked it up myself, so here's the solution:
First, press the statement where he says he "goofed", which will take you to the examination screen. Select the tooth marks. Then present the autopsy report/photos at the first statement where he says his walky talky broke.

Jintor

Thanks dawg.

I had another piece of trouble in the case where you had to select the exact right evidence to disprove a statement even though another piece of evidence probably would've done the job. Man, I'm pretty sure a few cases in Ace Attorney used to have more than one piece of evidence that could be used as a solution...

Thanks dawg.

I had another piece of trouble in the case where you had to select the exact right evidence to disprove a statement even though another piece of evidence probably would've done the job. Man, I'm pretty sure a few cases in Ace Attorney used to have more than one piece of evidence that could be used as a solution...

Actually no, this is a thing that has troubled the series since the beginning. It's been an issue I had with it - you know what you're supposed to bring up, but they ask you to present one specific piece of evidence at a specific piece of testimony, when there's several statements that are very similar and/or several pieces of evidence that fit the bill. That and the "press all statements" ones are the only ones that got me every time.

It's generally an issue with adventure games, always has been since the old Lucas Arts Point & Click days. If you can't wrap your head around what the creator of that puzzle wants from you, you'll get stuck.

daydream

Banned
I was stuck on that and looked it up myself, so here's the solution:
First, press the statement where he says he "goofed", which will take you to the examination screen. Select the tooth marks. Then present the autopsy report/photos at the first statement where he says his walky talky broke.

If I remember correctly, you can
press that statement first and get a little bit more dialogue leading you in the right direction before presenting the evidence.

Nothing is more annoying in the ace attorney games then knowing what the contradiction is but not knowing what you need to present where to prove it. The situation jintor explained above I got stuck at too even though the explanation was the same one I was going for -.-

Lusankya

Ah man, the DLC case is so good. I am actually very sad now that AA5 is over. :(
Of course I can replay it (and I will), but it's not the same as playing it for the first time.

PLvAA should be great, because I love Layton, too, but I am really looking forward to the next AA game. I wonder whether they'll make AAI3 or AA6?

A gif for you, AA-GAF!

ibaXwVMTsYstli.gif

Use it to smite down any rascally scallywags, arr!

ohlawd

AA5 will probably be the last AA game ever. PEACE AA I WILL MISS YOU. In a perfect world we'd be seeing AA98:Maya's Breast Implants when I'm 78, something like that.

Frolow

Banned
AA5 will probably be the last AA game ever. PEACE AA I WILL MISS YOU. In a perfect world we'd be seeing AA98:Maya's Breast Implants when I'm 78, something like that.

AA5 sold very well in Japan. Capcom would be stupid not to make another one.

Lusankya

AA5 sold very well in Japan. Capcom would be stupid not to make another one.

Indeed. No question there will be another one in Japan. Now I wonder how well did AA5 in the West based on Capcom's expectations?

I can see a resurge of sales after PLvAA is released in the west. So hopefully at least then the expectations will be met.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, the last one released in North America.

AA topping sales charts in Japan means it won't be abandoned.

FluxWaveZ

Did it not perform well?

Nah, I'm just being dramatically pessimistic. I don't think we've heard about any NA or Europe sales numbers and I would hope, of course, that they were awesome. Seeing that it was eShop only and that it's a niche series, I'm not too confident, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Case 5. So it might have been "that person" all along. Cannot wait to finish this case to see what happens, not to mention go back & finally be able to click on all those spoilers. This case is seriously well written.

Edit: Hahahahahaha, wow, I did NOT see that part coming. Just....damn.

Gotta say I thoroughly enjoyed the DLC case, more so than probably any other case of the game. As somebody else said, it feels complete, and all of the characters are sympathetic. :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Think I'm gonna save the DLC case for next week to give myself a break & make sure I get some college stuff taken care of.

Also, that damn picture of (Case 5 spoiler)
young Athena with blood on her & those EYES
was legit creepy. Plus I couldn't help but get an uneasy feeling when
Edgeworth brought up the whole "dismantle" theory due to young Athena's logic.
So unsettling....

In any case, so glad I can finally read all the spoilers in this thread & finally check out the spoiler thread.

Think I'm gonna save the DLC case for next week to give myself a break & make sure I get some college stuff taken care of.

Also, that damn picture of (Case 5 spoiler)
young Athena with blood on her & those EYES
was legit creepy. Plus I couldn't help but get an uneasy feeling when
Edgeworth brought up the whole "dismantle" theory due to young Athena's logic.
So unsettling....

In any case, so glad I can finally read all the spoilers in this thread & finally check out the spoiler thread.

You will be spoiled of the DLC case if you go there.

Boogie9IGN

Just finished Turnabout Academy, that felt like it dragged on foreeeeeeeeeeeeeever but I'm sure it's just that I've been playing it in small intervals for like 2 weeks now.

Just finished Turnabout Academy, that felt like it dragged on foreeeeeeeeeeeeeever but I'm sure it's just that I've been playing it in small intervals for like 2 weeks now.
It was lots of back and forth and TONS of backtracking, but overall I found the case nice. The twists were pretty cool, but unfortunately, some were predictable...

Case 4 is shorter, if that matters to you.

FluxWaveZ

Well, that DLC case sure was a fantastic experience. It felt like it encompassed everything that makes Ace Attorney cases great with a good balance of silliness and seriousness and a compelling intrigue.

I liked all of the references to previous games in the series as a love letter to fans and these were the best anime scenes in the game, being well implemented and not focused on dialogue (meaning less of that terrible VA).

Oh, and practically no typos!

Lusankya

I noticed only one typo, though that might've been me reading to quick, and I don't even remember where it was (but I think it might've been a dropped s somewhere).

Strange, I noticed nearly no typos in the main game (probably because I am not an English native speaker and also didn't really looked for ones), but found quite the few in the DLC case.

In one case Phoenix said "What a minute." instead of "Wait a minute." and when Athena speaks about her time back in Europe (I think) she has a messed up sentence where they forgot to delete a "was" or "did". Also two times Phoenix calls Sasha "Ms. Bucker" instead of "Ms. Buckler".

I'm stuck on the DLC please help

Marlon's testimony, I know I have to present something at "Orla killed the captain by bashin' him 30 feet high and making him slam down on the water!" but I can't figure out what.

I'm stuck on the DLC please help

Marlon's testimony, I know I have to present something at "Orla killed the captain by bashin' him 30 feet high and making him slam down on the water!" but I can't figure out what.

The map of the tank. The autopsy estimates a fall of about 65 ft, so that couldn't be possible.

THE DARK AGE OF THE LAW something something THE DARK AGE OF THE LAW THE DARK AGE OF THE LAW THE DARK AGE OF THE LAW THE DARK AGE OF THE LAW THE DARK AGE OF THE LAW

NZNova

Just finished the first case last night. I love these games so much, I'm taking my time to enjoy it. What a great addition to a great series.

Top Bottom