• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
More DLC stuff: A shame we probably won't see Athena get
those pirate outfits from the anime cutscenes of her & DePlume singing as DLC
& oh cool, the return of
spraying the scene for blood & even the glasses Ema had!
& heh heh, a quick line making reference to
the Steel Samurai.

Someone has never watched Detective Conan.
Pretty much every murder is "I accidentally killed this person and set up this incredibly elaborate framejob/fake suicide in five minutes while everyone was in the other room."

Pretty much one of the main reasons I play AA and don't give shit about ,,filler episodes'' people look down on and instead look forward to them. Give me all them nonsensically convoluted Conan murder mysteries.

Moonlight

Banned
Alright, finished the DLC episode. Holy shit, that was good. And about as close to Phoenix Wright: The Musical that we'll ever get. Seriously, anime cutscenes redeemed forever. I thought I was smarter than the case for a while, too. Sure proved me wrong.

I was convinced that Sasha and Azura were the same person, and that was the big secret of the Aquarium. When it came out that both of them supposedly had the same heart condition, and that Sasha was holding onto one of the charms, I thought I had most of the case already figured out. In fact, when it came to calling out who's been "the center of both cases", I actually picked Azura, lol. I think I pinned down Rimes as the suspect (or rather, as Azura's boyfriend) a little earlier than I was supposed to, though, under the same logic and his refusal to implicate Sasha.

I wish there was more Dr. Crab Sniper, though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finished the DLC case on the ride home. Holy crap, I couldn't help but crack a smile at
interrogating the orca via telecast & steroid Rimes' (ster-Rimes?) new rap skills.
It was a rather fun case and well executed.

Mr. RHC

Case 5, WHAAAAAAAAAT??????????

shocked_freak_your_mind_out-s450x253-137616-580.gif

Still early tho wtf

chadboban

Just finished today and I must say that given Capcom's recent output I wasn't expecting much. From the moment this game was announced I feared that this would be another RE6. So much could've gone wrong with this game, no Shu Takumi, bringing the series to new hardware, translating the artsyle to 3D yet somehow, despite everything Capcom these days, these bastards knocked it out of the fucking park! The animations and 3D models are just incredible (I dare say I may actually prefer it to the sprites), The music is absolutely outstanding and the story is terrific, hell I even liked the "filler" cases. The new characters are also wonderful, especially Athena and Blackquill.

Seriously guys the reveal in the final case made me rest my 3DS on the table, get up out of my chair and run up and down holding my head saying "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! What the fuck! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!???" repeatedly... and I loved it! This game floored me, definitely my favorite Ace Attorney game since Trials and Tribulations.

Proceeding to get the DLC now. Hope I enjoy it!

Zalman

Just finished today and I must say that given Capcom's recent output I wasn't expecting much. From the moment this game was announced I feared that this would be another RE6. So much could've gone wrong with this game, no Shu Takumi, bringing the series to new hardware, translating the artsyle to 3D yet somehow, despite everything Capcom these days, these bastards knocked it out of the fucking park! The animations and 3D models are just incredible (I dare say I may actually prefer it to the sprites), The music is absolutely outstanding and the story is terrific, hell I even liked the "filler" cases. The new characters are also wonderful, especially Athena and Blackquill.

Seriously guys the reveal in the final case made me rest my 3DS on the table, get up out of my chair and run up and down holding my head saying "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! What the fuck! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!???" repeatedly... and I loved it! This game floored me, definitely my favorite Ace Attorney game since Trials and Tribulations.

Proceeding to get the DLC now. Hope I enjoy it!
I know what you mean, the last case was excellent. Couldn't believe what just happened.

I've been listening to the soundtrack every day since I finished it. The more I think about the game, the more I like it. It might be my favorite in the series (or at least very very close.) Can't believe how likable the new characters are. Even Apollo, who I didn't care too much for in the previous game, has a much deeper personality now. Athena is a great addition to Wright's team and I'm sure she will be back in the next game. Blackquill's my new favorite prosecutor too.

They really exceeded my expectations. Hard to believe Shu Takumi wasn't involved at all.

LuuKyK

I just bought this game. Its my first Ace Attorney game btw! :D

Finished the first case with two GUILTY's. lol Btw, I lost it at the girl needing to breathe from the flowers in her hat when nervous. Hilarious.

Having a good time with it, but a bit confused by the plot... I don't think I need to have played the other games to understand this one right? Its just all this time jumping at the start that got me a bit confused, maybe it will get better soon, who knows.

Zalman

I just bought this game. Its my first Ace Attorney game btw! :D

Finished the first case with two GUILTY's. lol Btw, I lost it at the girl needing to breathe from the flowers in her hat when nervous. Hilarious.

Having a good time with it, but a bit confused by the plot... I don't think I need to have played the other games to understand this one right? Its just all this time jumping at the start that got me a bit confused, maybe it will get better soon, who knows.
There are some references to past games here and there, but they do a good job of explaining the important things to newcomers. While it is preferred to play the games in release order, you should be completely fine. Always cool to see new people jump on this series.

ohlawd

That said you should try to jump back and start at the beginning when you're done with AA5. The series oozes quality out of its nostrils.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I finished the DLC case last night and my day is now being spent with that damned song stuck in my head.

ohlawd

I finished the DLC case last night and my day is now being spent with that damned song stuck in my head.

We be pirates. We love to sail the seven seas.
Just a bunch o' scallywags who are as free as free can be.
We swim through storms and waves, all because you see,
Grand treasure and adventure's waitin' just for me!

There. Any word you've been singing wrong can now be corrected.

Ceebs

So the DLC case is good? I looked at the price and said meeeeh.

(This game was almost worth the cost of the 3DS, since I bought it just to play.)

Loved how all but one of the cases tied in with the main story of this game somehow.

Mistle

I'm mid way through case 4, and this is definitely the best since T&T. The stories are great and it has amazing presentation to back them up.

So the DLC case is good? I looked at the price and said meeeeh.

(This game was almost worth the cost of the 3DS, since I bought it just to play.)

Loved how all but one of the cases tied in with the main story of this game somehow.

It's good; it's a full length case too.

I finished the game yesterday and I LOVED IT!

Especially Case 5! Such a fantastic transformation to 3D models!

Hopefully the sales are well for AAI2...maybe?!

Mistle

i don't really see why there's so much dislike for case 2, i found it fine. especially meeting blackquill and foolbright for the first time, not to mention it has the best background art so far.

i just started case 5 (literally just started). if anything, i've found case 4 the worst so far. there were really cool parts of it, but the overall premise was kind of dull, with a somewhat lacklustre verdict (which is ok as it
leads into the next case I guess
). but i don't mean to say it's bad, i still really enjoyed it :D

daydream

Banned
i don't really see why there's so much dislike for case 2, i found it fine. especially meeting blackquill and foolbright for the first time, not to mention it has the best background art so far.

Case 2 has the least memorable characters in the game, but I still enjoyed it. The actual murder is mysterious enough, the Nine-Tails Vale theme is pretty good and the scene where Apollo meets Athena is gold,

UberTag

Oh my god, they referenced Sharknado.

Sharknado, for God's sake!

I just watched that for the first time not even a week ago.

This case is already golden.
This is quite simply the craziest, most out there and unexpected reference I've seen in a game all year. Completely FLOORED me.
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom