• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Lusankya

Btw. everyone really should watch Dowolf's translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (or at least try the fan patch of the first two cases). I am only at the end of case 4, but AAI2 is so much better than its predecessor and overall a great AA game. Personally I would rank it on number two, just after T&T and equal to the first game.

It's a huge shame Capcom didn't localize it (because of the timing or because of the lackluster sales of the first AAI, or whatever).

Wazzy

Banned
This is so bought day 1. My friend is even more obsessed with this series than me however he takes it to seriously creepy levels. I still love him, though. <3

Anyway, I'm gonna be packed with games to beat but that's okay because I've been waiting for this for so long.

Miburou

I bought the DLC episode and started playing it right after finishing episode 1, and man is it long! It's the length of two episodes or so. Kinda wish I let it until I finished the games.

Since I have the physical copy of the Japanese version, I don't mind buying the English version from eShop.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
that translation is definitely excellent, thanks for posting the link. But I made it only past the first ten minutes, since I still have a glimmer of hope for a localization :(

Katzii

Day one, no question.

I downloaded the demo day one but didn't play it because I want to go fresh into this. Was hoping to find time to replay the other games but no dice.

That being said, if they also do a retail release of this, I will buy that too. I cannot purchase this game enough times.

Btw. everyone really should watch Dowolf's translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (or at least try the fan patch of the first two cases). I am only at the end of case 4, but AAI2 is so much better than its predecessor and overall a great AA game. Personally I would rank it on number two, just after T&T and equal to the first game.

It's a huge shame Capcom didn't localize it (because of the timing or because of the lackluster sales of the first AAI, or whatever).

I'm currently playing through the patch for the game itself, and it's ace. Near the end of the second case though, so I'll soon run out of content. Does anyone know if this translation is the same as the one in the game? It seems pretty close to what I played, so I'm just wondering if it is a sign that all five cases have been translated and it is now a case of getting it working right in the game itself.

t26

I'm currently playing through the patch for the game itself, and it's ace. Near the end of the second case though, so I'll soon run out of content. Does anyone know if this translation is the same as the one in the game? It seems pretty close to what I played, so I'm just wondering if it is a sign that all five cases have been translated and it is now a case of getting it working right in the game itself.

No, the patch is done by different people and they are still translating/localizing the rest of the game.

GSR

My money is ready!!!

Question! The DLC Chapters will be when the game launches or after a few weeks/months?

In Japan the DLC case (there's only the one) came out about three weeks after the game. Dunno yet how they're swinging it for the English release.

R.I.P

Is there anyone replayed previous games in preparation for this just like me?

Kinda, started replaying the original trilogy summer 2012, finished T&T last spring and started playing through AJ for the first time this summer. Wrapping up the final case in it now!

Rhapsody

Banned
I probably won't be watching that AAI2 playthrough. I really do want to just play it myself since it's part of the fun. Hopefully that patch doesn't get stalled or anything.

tookhster

Holy crap this is coming out on Thursday?! Gotta get my wallet ready.

This is gonna be the first PW game I'm going to play at release since I recently got into the series a few years ago. But I've played every game since and can't believe I missed out on them earlier.

So (without spoiling) what's the consensus of the game so far in Japan or for those who have played it? Meaning is it one of the better games, if not the best so far?

Sorian

Banned
In Japan the DLC case (there's only the one) came out about three weeks after the game. Dunno yet how they're swinging it for the English release.

Any word on other DLC cases that may come? It's not a practice that I usually condone but they could charge me an arm and a leg for a PW case and I'd probably go for it (especially since I've been hearing that the DLC case is one of the better stand alone cases).

---

Shame I won't be able to play this at midnight on wednesday, didn't realize 3rd party titles don't get the nice treatment :(

So (without spoiling) what's the consensus of the game so far in Japan or for those who have played it? Meaning is it one of the better games, if not the best so far?

My understanding is that people are saying it ranks just below T&T. YMMV on that though since people like different things when it comes to this series.

I must be the only one that didn't like Case 5 of T&T that much. Spoilers:
I felt Godot disdain with Phoenix super weak, and the possesion crap went too far.

Althought the build up was pretty great.

Fireblend

Banned
Finished my replay of AA4 a few days ago and just started with Investigations. Doubt I'm gonna finish it before this releases, but at least I tried, and am now completely in the mood for a brand new Ace Attorney. Plus I might need a small break from the 50+ hours of Pokemon I've accumulated. This is gonna be good.

Frolow

Banned
I must be the only one that didn't like Case 5 of T&T that much. Spoilers:
I felt Godot disdain with Phoenix super weak, and the possesion crap went too far.

Althought the build up was pretty great.
I thought his reasoning was explained well. (Major T&T Spoilers)
He obviously had feelings for Mia, and to wake up from a coma and hear that she had died easily distraught him. He wanted someone to blame and found that person in Wright for not "protecting her" in his absence.

Sorian

Banned
He obviously had feelings for Mia, and to wake up from a coma and hear that she had died easily distraught him. He wanted someone to blame and found that person in Wright for not "protecting her" in his absence.

It is explained well but I can see how someone would feel that the explanation was a tad weak still. Regardless, there are so many awesome things going on in the case anyway and all of the bombs dropping really brought together so many different treads from the trilogy into one concise awesome piece. Plus (kind of T&T spoilers but I don't know if it would impact anyone much who doesn't know the conclusion)
it makes replaying the game so much fun because T&T probably had some of the best foreshadowing throughout that I've seen in a medium in a long time

GSR

Any word on other DLC cases that may come? It's not a practice that I usually condone but they could charge me an arm and a leg for a PW case and I'd probably go for it (especially since I've been hearing that the DLC case is one of the better stand alone cases).

I don't think they've absolutely ruled out future DLC, but they've said they're done for now. Which is understandable, since the DLC case was openly developed alongside the main game (there's material from it in the official artbook/soundtrack/etc.) and I'm sure parts of AA5's team are working on other things at this point.

Sorian

Banned
I don't think they've absolutely ruled out future DLC, but they've said they're done for now. Which is understandable, since the DLC case was openly developed alongside the main game (there's material from it in the official artbook/soundtrack/etc.) and I'm sure parts of AA5's team are working on other things at this point.

I'll forgive them if they are localizing AAI2
*sigh*

I know. Still felt weak as hell, especially since it had almost ruined someone's life and affected greatly others.

gerudoman

Can you choose which DLC costumes do you want to enable? I love Phoenix's classic suit, but I'd like to play with Apollo and Athena's regular costumes.

Frolow

Banned
I know. Still felt weak as hell, especially since it had almost ruined someone's life and affected greatly others.

I still think it was a solid motive.
It was clear that he was conflicted throughout the game. Godot even question that himself at the very end; if he went through with the whole ordeal as some sort of "revenge," or to actually protect Maya.

I played the original Phoenix Wright on DS back when it came out in 05 and I'm thinking about picking this one up now after playing the demo.

Is it still a full retail sized game even though its only available digitally?

Frolow

Banned
I played the original Phoenix Wright on DS back when it came out in 05 and I'm thinking about picking this one up now after playing the demo.

Is it still a full retail sized game even though its only available digitally?

Yup. It's about as long as the other games in the series, if not longer with the inclusion of the DLC case.

zashga

Looking forward to finally redeeming my FE + SMT4 eshop credit this week. Haven't played an Ace Attorney game since the first one on DS, so this should be a treat. Loving Nick's new look!

Top Bottom