• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cheers. It would be nice to have this info in the first post.
It (kind of) is:

Q: How big is the download?
A: A friendly Gaffer has said the following: "Japanese version is about 600 MB (about 4500 blocks). I doubt the English version is much different."
Might have been based on what I said, but it'll probably be more accurate once the game's released & we have the exact file size.

Why the hell do Nintendo use blocks instead of actual file sizes?

Is so fucking annoying and useless.
I seriously hope we get an update where they get rid of blocks on 3DS & just stick with standard MB & GB like with the Wii U. It's a huge pain trying to figure out & manage how much space you have or a game takes up.

Tizoc

w00t managed to add 20 Pounds to the 3DS account, glad to see my card was accepted by Nintendo EU ^.^v

Nope, playing the DS version. I don't even own an iDevice but I'd never get it on there anyway.

The characterization is good, but the spelling and grammatical errors really jump out at me... and there are a LOT of issues with it. The biggest problem seems to be words that are simply used incorrectly. One I saw just last night, I wish I had written it down, because I actually laughed due to how bad it was.

One that came up repeatedly was in the Kurain Village case... where in the Channeling Room, Phoenix notes that there is an "alter" that seems to be part of the ritual (as opposed to "altar.") In the last case, the judge says: "Then the murder is...?" (as opposed to, "Then the murderer is...?) and so on.

There's a lot of them. It doesn't ruin the game by any stretch but it does pull me out of it temporarily because I find it pretty jarring.

I think my favorite is probably this one:
zvSZLtTl.png

Really hope they bundle the previous games together for either DS or 3DS....playing the demo of this made me intrigued for sure...

My 3DS is getting so much play lately, after being off 99.8% of the time.

I wonder if I'll be able to pull myself away from Pkmn on Thursday lol.

DagsJT

Decided I'd like to play through the previous games again as I can't remember much about them. But checking eBay, there's actually not too many people selling as an auction (4 people selling a game with Phoenix Wright in the title in the UK) and the Buy Now's are crazy prices considering the age of the game.

BlackJace

It's about the game, this is the official topic. It is appropriate, even if you don't like what youre hearing.

As the person who made the thread in hopes of discussing the actual game itself, no, it's not appropriate.

Seriously, make another thread if you must. Might I suggest a title, "Anyone else not buying Ace Attorney 5 because of the digital only release?".
I assure you you'll be getting much better discussion in there. I, and hopefully others who will still be buying it, will not bother you.

As far as I'm concerned, you're here to complain, when no one else intends to seriously entertain your compaints.
I want a physical release too, but if digital is the only way for me to play it, and possibly get more AA in the future, it's something I'm willing to put up with.

I definitely would prefer a physical release (and would likely double dip), but the digital-only works out this time for me, thanks to Pokemon.

Now, I can keep the Pokemon cart in the system, but still play AA5 without having to swap carts constantly.

Maybe it has been asked before, but, how much the dlc cost in japan to get an idea how much it will cost here?

800 yen normally, but it was on sale for 50% off the first week it was out, so many people got it for 400 yen. I don't know if you can derive the US price from that, since the costumes pack was slightly more expensive in Japan (150 yen vs. $0.99)

As the person who made the thread in hopes of discussing the actual game itself, no, it's not appropriate.

Yo, you making the OT is awesome as all get out and I thank you for it, but you really can't control the type of discussion that happens in the thread. That's not how it works. It's supposed to be part and parcel everything surrounding the game.

That's like saying we shouldn't have discussed the DLC fiasco for SFxT or something. It matters.

Seriously, make another thread if you must. Might I suggest a title, "Anyone else not buying Ace Attorney 5 because of the digital only release?".
I assure you you'll be getting much better discussion in there. I, and hopefully others who will still be buying it, will not bother you.

As far as I'm concerned, you're here to complain, when no one else intends to seriously entertain your compaints.
I want a physical release too, but if digital is the only way for me to play it, and possibly get more AA in the future, it's something I'm willing to put up with.
You don't get to pick and choose what's on topic about the game and what's not just because you made the official topic. That's not how it works. I don't need to make another topic for it, dude, I don't need or want a circlejerk. If you don't like the discussion, you could always just not partake in it and just ignore it.

BlackJace

Yo, you making the OT is awesome as all get out and I thank you for it, but you really can't control the type of discussion that happens in the thread. That's not how it works. It's supposed to be part and parcel everything surrounding the game.

That's like saying we shouldn't have discussed the DLC fiasco for SFxT or something. It matters.
What's there to talk about? Yes, the thing is digital only, it sort of sucks, end of. Those who will buy it, will buy it, and those that won't, won't.

There's a policy against thread-shitting is there not?
He's perfectly inclined to make another thread. When the game releases and people take issue with things, they can talk about it here, sure. But the digital only debate is a larger beast that stifles discussion.

Sorian

Banned
What's there to talk about? Yes, the thing is digital only, it sort of sucks, end of. Those who will buy it, will buy it, and those that won't, won't.

He's perfectly inclined to make another thread. When the game releases and people take issue with things, they can talk about it here, sure. But the digital only debate is a larger beast that stifles discussion.

I'm going to have to agree with Black here. I'd also like to point out that this came up again because something from three days ago was quoted. This discussion happened already and isn't really serving a purpose now.

Miker

It's not as if the topic - both AA5 specifically and Nintendo's eShop infrastructure overall - hasn't been discussed exhaustively in a number of other threads. I'm personally on the side of keeping this thread to discussing the series and the game itself.

demidar

You don't get to pick and choose what's on topic about the game and what's not just because you made the official topic. That's not how it works. I don't need to make another topic for it, dude, I don't need or want a circlejerk. If you don't like the discussion, you could always just not partake in it and just ignore it.

If you don't want to make a new thread to get some fruitful discussion, then you just comes off as wanting to bitch and complain. You won't get much discussion here because the people who decided not to buy it due to being digital only probably won't be in this thread.

Seriously, it looks like you're just looking for reasons to complain.

Verelios

Hey, can someone do me a favor and point me in the direction of the AAI2 YT Let's play? I have no idea which one is the best to watch.

Hearing something you don't want to hear about the game doesn't make it thread shitting, dude. I'm perfectly inclined to post here.

I'm going to have to agree with Black here. I'd also like to point out that this came up again because something from three days ago was quoted. This discussion happened already and isn't really serving a purpose now.
I am sorry I quoted it, I was catching up on the thread and saw the post which I didn't agree with. I didn't actually restart the argument. Just the argument that the argument is on topic.

If you don't want to make a new thread to get some fruitful discussion, then you just comes off as wanting to bitch and complain. You won't get much discussion here because the people who decided not to buy it due to being digital only probably won't be in this thread.

Seriously, it looks like you're just looking for reasons to complain.
Well I didn't actually bring up criticism about the release right now, only pointed out that it is on topic.

I have my reason to complain about the release, don't really need to look for one. Nor was I looking to complain about it again.

Seriously, you guys should chill out. Shouldnt you be excited for the game coming out in a few days instead of getting all hot and bothered?

BlackJace

Hearing something you don't want to hear about the game doesn't make it thread shitting, dude. I'm perfectly inclined to post here.

I am sorry I quoted it, I was catching up on the thread and saw the post which I didn't agree with. I didn't actually restart the argument. Just the argument that the argument is on topic.

Well I didn't actually bring up criticism about the release right now, only pointed out that it is on topic.

I have my reason to complain about the release, don't really need to look for one. Nor was I looking to complain about it again.

Seriously, you guys should chill out. Shouldnt you be excited for the game coming out in a few days instead of getting all hot and bothered?

Oh man.

Sorian

Banned

I think what it really comes down to is that anyone posting in here is probably buying the game regardless of the state it is being released in. It's been argued to death over the past 3-4 months in the other AA threads and we all don't care anymore and are just buying the game. I don't think Black was telling you to make a new post to kick you out, it seemed more like a warning that there is no way to have a constructive discussion about it in here because we all don't care about the form its coming out in. If you made a new thread, it wouldn't just be a circle-jerk because I would probably be in there arguing too since there would be a wider audience with different thoughts going on.

demidar

What puzzles me is why you're still reading this thread when you're so adamant about not playing the game. Everyone's already said their piece about this particular topic. It's been beaten to death, you're not gonna get anything more so make a new thread and bring more people into the discussion.

Nintendo DD has been discussed to death, in almost all AA5 thread ever since the localization was announced. Feel free to make a thread about it, because this isn't the only game that will suffer from it and it is not directly related to the game's quality whatsoever.

We already passed this chapter in this very thread at the first few pages.

t26

Make another topic about digital vs physical release. Thanks. The rest of us would like to stay on topic with the game.

FluxWaveZ

Fantastic. Wonder if there'll be a "triple objection" from Phoenix, Apollo and Athena at some point. The sound bite from the demo file made me think of that.

Miker

Sorry if this has been asked already, but when will this release on the eShop? I think Nintendo does midnight releases (maybe I'm wrong), but this is a Capcom game, so I figured I'd ask.

Sorian

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked already, but when will this release on the eShop? I think Nintendo does midnight releases (maybe I'm wrong), but this is a Capcom game, so I figured I'd ask.

Sounds like we don't get it till 9am EST

I know, right!

I don't think Black was telling you to make a new post to kick you out, it seemed more like a warning that there is no way to have a constructive discussion about it in here because we all don't care about the form its coming out in. If you made a new thread, it wouldn't just be a circle-jerk because I would probably be in there arguing too since there would be a wider audience with different thoughts going on
Well if you don't care, it's pretty easy to ignore the post. Like that one guy who just said ignore me.

What puzzles me is why you're still reading this thread when you're so adamant about not playing the game. Everyone's already said their piece about this particular topic. It's been beaten to death, you're not gonna get anything more so make a new thread and bring more people into the discussion.
I don't need to play the game to read the thread. I'm still interested in the game. And holy crap dude, I just said I'm not here to complain about it. All I said was that complaining about it was on topic.

Make another topic about digital vs physical release. Thanks. The rest of us would like to stay on topic with the game.
Well lucky for you, ahem.

Nintendo DD has been discussed to death, in almost all AA5 thread ever since the localization was announced. Feel free to make a thread about it, because this isn't the only game that will suffer from it and it is not directly related to the game's quality whatsoever.

We already passed this chapter in this very thread at the first few pages.
The game's quality isn't the only thing discussed in official topics. Or does DLC skins and the price of them have anything to do with the game's quality?

Would it be wise to buy this if I've only beat the first 2 AA games? I have the 3rd one & Apollo Justice but I'm so lazy to play another og DS game.

Sorian

Banned
The game's quality isn't the only thing discussed in official topics. Or does DLC skins and the price of them have anything to do with the game's quality?

We aren't talking about quality, we are talking about content. Basically, it would be nice if we could keep it to things involving the game and game series and not really debates about capcom's finances, nintendo's digital problems, etc.

BlackJace

Would it be wise to buy this if I've only beat the first 2 AA games? I have the 3rd one & Apollo Justice but I'm so lazy to play another og DS game.

Apollo would be a really good lead in. Like, REALLY good. If you can brave one more game, it would be that one.
Make sure you go back for AA3 though, widely acclaimed as the best in the series.

Yes, play them all, in order. (I'd suggest picking up AAI while you are at it, and watching the AAI2 videos on Youtube.)

Every game in this series builds off each other.

I have $35 of credit sitting on my 3DS ready to buy this. I finished the first four (but only got half way through Investigations...) and am very excited.

Top Bottom