• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

pariah164

My body is ready. GET HYPE.

tumblr_lsemkc0nwt1qetmqsst.gif

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I hate my brain. I keep thinking this is coming out tomorrow the 22nd and then remember it's coming out Thursday the 24th. If only my delusions were true I could be playing AA in 6 hours.

Ferrio

Banned
Crap forgot about this. Already had to put down Etrian for Pokemon... am I going to have to put down Pokemon for this?

SlickVic

I hate my brain. I keep thinking this is coming out tomorrow the 22nd and then remember it's coming out Thursday the 24th. If only my delusions were true I could be playing AA in 6 hours.

Until reading your post I assumed it was out tomorrow as well. Oh well, still going through GTA V and only 10 hours into Pokemon X, so can't say I don't have enough to play in the meantime.

I can't wait for Thursday, to buy this with the SMT credit, play it, beat it, then immediately sell my 3DS XL/toss it in the ocean/whatever

I bought it for AA5, so I'll hurl that, then be done with it and Capcom. What a mess.

Also on a completely off topic note, if you like AA5, you should watch Case Closed.

All of it.

I blame you all for it getting canned dammit :p

Drago

I can't wait for Thursday, to buy this with the SMT credit, play it, beat it, then immediately sell my 3DS XL/toss it in the ocean/whatever

I bought it for AA5, so I'll hurl that, then be done with it and Capcom. What a mess.
But what happens if AA6 is announced for 3DS?

Case Closed was the shit. I still have the DVDs laying around.

GIMME EM :p

I'm seriously considering buying them all off Amazon as a Christmas present to myself. Funimation has all the eps but I dunno which I'd prefer, and you know what, I loved the series. It on Adult Swim was a bad rap, then it got moved to the freaking DEATH slot at like 5 in the morning. I remember watching it then Medabots while I made a bagel sandwich. Though I suppose a dude getting freaking bisected isn't really fitting for Toonami

But what happens if AA6 is announced for 3DS?

Well obviously we'll never get that one (despite AA5 being announced for a worldwide release freaking immediately) so I'll just hedge my bets now!

Case Closed IS the Shit, it hasn't ended.

THOSE DAMN MOVIES

Javier

My real problem with the final case of AAI is that (also AA1 spoilers)
Oldbag saves the day by giving you a FUCKING HOTDOG. It's like they were going for "Cross-examine the Parrot" level of silliness, but it wasn't nearly as funny.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
fuck the the last case in aai just drags on

like literally
Ugh, perhaps the one thing I didn't like about that game.

Though it did provide this nice hiimdaisy comic/moment (AAI ending spoilers, obviously).

& I still have my 3 AAI posters hanging on my wall, one of which are the 4-part set (put them together & the background connects together) from TGS & one part (Edgeworth) signed by M. Eshiro. Also, an AAI tin box and the AAI2 cellphone strap from TGS.

L00P

Yeah, I just kind of fell off the bandwagon after a point, but what I did watch was good stuff.

Is conan still trying to find the dudes who shrunk his body or does he just not give a shit anymore? It's been more than a decade already, he should have aged back to his original body

Is conan still trying to find the dudes who shrunk his body or does he just not give a shit anymore? It's been more than a decade already, he should have aged back to his original body

Simpsons Syndrome! Also if that happened he couldn't date Rachel obv :p

L00P

Simpsons Syndrome! Also if that happened he couldn't date Rachel obv :p
You got it the other way around, if that happened he would have been able to date her since he's not a kid anymore

...So, how about them ace attorney games. I just put money on my eshop account, all ready to shout TAKE THAT

CorvoSol

Just saying, maybe the baddie saw Lethal Weapon II and applied the maneuver

The best part is that AAI2's first case has someone try the same strategy, only for Edgeworth to shoot them down super fast.

Playing AAI and AAI2 really increases my appreciation for Edgey. Definitely the 2nd best protagonist in the series.

t26

Kindaichi is superior to Conan

never seeing the rest of the manga getting official English release

Shengar

Conan being Sazae-San really kills it for me. Never been a fan of Sazae-San format except those who are being 4 panels or comedy.
Also Kindaichi>Conan

The best part is that AAI2's first case has someone try the same strategy, only for Edgeworth to shoot them down super fast.

Playing AAI and AAI2 really increases my appreciation for Edgey. Definitely the 2nd best protagonist in the series.
The AAI sub series has made me love Edgeworth so much. I think having a character like him as the lead is so refreshing.

You got it the other way around, if that happened he would have been able to date her since he's not a kid anymore

...So, how about them ace attorney games. I just put money on my eshop account, all ready to shout TAKE THAT

Lol noap. Age limit in play here dammit. TEN YEARS IS TOO MUCH :p

lol Edgeworth, you fucker

To heck with Pokemon and Halloween, this is Ace Attorney month and it's only 3 more days until download. I gotta get a $20 card before this Thursday so the eShop can TAKE THAT...my money, that is.

fuck the the last case in aai just drags on

like literally

It's the adventure genre equivalent of the 3 stage final boss fight, but then it gets linked into a secret final chapter that NOBODY asked for.

Playing through the fan translation AAI2, and they did a superb job with it. The writing is spot on, and the jokes are could've been written by the primary AA translation team themselves. The game itself is vastly improved too. I didn't care for AAI at all, but this game actually has the suspense and drama one expects from the Ace Attorney series.

It's the adventure genre equivalent of the 3 stage final boss fight, but then it gets linked into a secret final chapter that NOBODY asked for.

Playing through the fan translation AAI2, and they did a superb job with it. The writing is spot on, and the jokes are could've been written by the primary AA translation team themselves. The game itself is vastly improved too. I didn't care for AAI at all, but this game actually has the suspense and drama one expects from the Ace Attorney series.

I am waiting until they finish AAI2 before I play it but I fear it will either take years upon years or never be finished.

I have been burned too often by fan translations. :(

Frolow

Banned
I am waiting until they finish AAI2 before I play it but I fear it will either take years upon years or never be finished.

From my understanding, the text is almost, if not completely translated already. The team is just having problems actually programming the text into the game due to some sort of issues with the RAM. Worst case scenario, if this team ends up being unsuccessful in their efforts I'd imagine some other, more experienced people, could take up the helms and help finish off the project.

t26

From my understanding, the text is almost, if not completely translated already. The team is just having problems actually programming the text into the game due to some sort of issues with the RAM. Worst case scenario, if this team ends up being unsuccessful in their efforts I'd imagine some other, more experienced people, could take up the helms and help finish off the project.

A lot of projects stopped because of programming issues and it can be the hardest part. They are consistently asking for help with that.

Well, they do have cases 1 and 2 done already, and that was just a month or so ago, so I still have hope.

It's not like Ys 5.

Top Bottom