• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

GSR

No! I missed out on all the avatar goodness. ;__;

Well, can I reserve one for when the game comes out? I'd really like one for (slight spoilers)
Edgeworth

Dunno how we're treating that character's appearance (since he's officially announced, but not in the OP), but here you go: http://imgur.com/udEOVQB

Also bonus avi of Udgey and Taka.

Lx94yAh.png

GSR

I don't mean to be picky, but I want one with his glasses, if you could. =P

Well, there's no
"zoom" animation
with the glasses (in fact
he doesn't wear them much at all in court
), but here's two possibilities: http://imgur.com/LYtKuon,TeYXQ61#1

I can try and make some out-of-court forward-facing ones, but you'll have to wait a bit since I don't have any screens of those that aren't in areas not shown off in official media - I'd have to take some new ones.

Well, there's no
"zoom" animation
with the glasses (in fact
he doesn't wear them much at all in court
), but here's two possibilities: http://imgur.com/LYtKuon,TeYXQ61#1

I can try and make some out-of-court forward-facing ones, but you'll have to wait a bit since I don't have any screens of those that aren't in areas not shown off in official media - I'd have to take some new ones.

That's fine, I like these. It's hard to decide which one I want more lol. Thanks!

I guess I'll update my avatar a bit after the game comes out to avoid spoilers.

Is Ace Attorney a VN or Adventure Game? I don't particulary care about the label, but I was refreshing some spoilers in TvTropes, and it has the VN label on top.

Apollo Justice spoiler:
I forgot how much of a douche Zak was.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is Ace Attorney a VN or Adventure Game? I don't particulary care about the label, but I was refreshing some spoilers in TvTropes, and it has the VN label on top.

I'd say it's an adventure game presented in a VN style/format. The Investigations side games are in a more proper adventure game format since you can move characters directly in the environment.

VegiHam

Team Apollo should be changed to Team Klavier since it was him doing all the work in that game.

That was sort of the point though? Spoiler'd to be safe but all about AJ:

Klavier is, like, prosecutor Nick, he became a lawyer to face off against a man from his past in court and made a name for himself by taking down an unbeatable blue suited legend who'd only ever lost in any sense to an Edgeworth. Klavier is the one who has terrible things happen to him because Apollo is distant and uninvolved, like the prosecutors in the PW trilogy, and so Klavier is the one with the passion to resolve the cases. Apollo's tragedies are backstory, like Edgeworth's, Klavier loses his brother and best friend like how Pheonix lost Mia. Klavier does the work because Apollo doesn't need or want to as badly and that what made them a compelling pair for me; they were so different to Pheonix and any of his rivals.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
AA4 spoilers ahoy!

May want to edit all that, considering how many people in the thread have mentioned not playing previous games yet.

ohlawd

So close omg. I can wait, I can wait, I can wait...

I still haven't touched or will ever touch the demo. I'm going in RAW.

Fresher than fresh salad from McDonald's.

Sorian

Banned
So close omg. I can wait, I can wait, I can wait...

I still haven't touched or will ever touch the demo. I'm going in RAW.

Fresher than fresh salad from McDonald's.

Might as well do the demo, the content is different than the real game :)

Sorian

Banned
The demo isn't the 1st case of the real game?

It is based on the 1st case but it has been my understanding that the dialogue and scenario presented in the demo is completely different than the main game. Also the demo is no where near the length of a case, its only 1.5 cross-examinations.

ohlawd

It is based on the 1st case but it has been my understanding that the dialogue and scenario presented in the demo is completely different than the main game. Also the demo is no where near the length of a case, its only 1.5 cross-examinations.

ohhhhhhhh well fuck.

Okay guess I'll play it later today or tomorrow. Thanks.

Apparently (based on my experiences with capcpom's previous flash demos), the scenario is exactly the same. They just change the dialogue after the first cross-examination or so, to play off the trial as a practice run.

I was hyped to download this, thought I could do it tomorrow but then remembered it was only Tuesday. Dammit the wait just got waaaaay harder.

Sorian

Banned
Apparently (based on my experiences with capcpom's previous flash demos), the scenario is exactly the same. They just change the dialogue after the first cross-examination or so, to play off the trial as a practice run.

I was hyped to download this, thought I could do it tomorrow but then remembered it was only Tuesday. Dammit the wait just got waaaaay harder.

I'm just going off of what those who have played the JP version have said. I have no way of knowing beyond that.

GSR

There are significant differences between the demo and the final game, though most of the stuff in the cross-examinations in the demo is in the final game.

There are significant differences between the demo and the final game, though most of the stuff in the cross-examinations in the demo is in the final game.

the first cross examination with juniper in the demo is REALLY easy. it even gives you the answer when you press her on everything. i hope the final game isn't like that with cross examinations D:

Sorian

Banned
the first cross examination with juniper in the demo is REALLY easy. it even gives you the answer when you press her on everything. i hope the final game isn't like that with cross examinations D:

Isn't that the case with all AA games? Hell, I'm still surprised during replays about how hard AA4's first case is.

Sorian

Banned

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, didn't know you got a costume for the DLC case as well. Makes it more worth it.

Wait a minute, SpotPass? What exactly would that do?

Shengar

It reminds me
that you don't get a shit when pressing on Yanni Yogi or Damon Gant

CorvoSol

This is what happens when you make one prosecutor who doesnt come off as a pompous asshole.

No, Klavier's still definitely pompous and an asshole, what with his constant need to bring up his band, his money, his women,and his music. Not to mention he air guitars in court and punches the wall for no damn reason all the time. He's missing the teeth that Edgeworth, Von Karma, Franziska and Godot had, but isn't funny like Winston. Klavier's just Edgeworth if you watered down all the things that Edgeworth has and threw in the most awful song the player must endure repeatedly.

It says a lot that in eleven notes Dick Gumshoe wrote a better song for the Blue Badger than Klavier Gavin did his ego-named band.

Sorian

Banned
It reminds me
that you don't get a shit when pressing on Yanni Yogi or Damon Gant

My favorite witnesses are the ones where pressing doesn't exactly nothing.

No, Klavier's still definitely pompous and an asshole, what with his constant need to bring up his band, his money, his women,and his music. Not to mention he air guitars in court and punches the wall for no damn reason all the time. He's missing the teeth that Edgeworth, Von Karma, Franziska and Godot had, but isn't funny like Winston. Klavier's just Edgeworth if you watered down all the things that Edgeworth has and threw in the most awful song the player must endure repeatedly.

It says a lot that in eleven notes Dick Gumshoe wrote a better song for the Blue Badger than Klavier Gavin did his ego-named band.

Pompus was actually the wrong word once you reminded me more about him. That teeth part that you are referring to is what I am defining as an asshole though. (Not that its a bad thing, I like the teeth sometimes too). It was just a change of pace on the prosecutor.

Sorian

Banned
Event images are the pictures you see at the start and end of the cases, right?

Those but then also the images that happen during the trial when they are depicting a scene of some sort. (Not really a spoiler since we've seen it 100 times in the promo stuff)
I'd assume the courthouse wrecked after the bomb would be an example

BlackJace

That's actually pretty useful. I remember I blinked and missed some of those pieces of artwork in the trilogy. Later playthroughs got me to see them again, but still.

CorvoSol

Pompus was actually the wrong word once you reminded me more about him. That teeth part that you are referring to is what I am defining as an asshole though. (Not that its a bad thing, I like the teeth sometimes too). It was just a change of pace on the prosecutor.

He's still an asshole. He's just a friendlier one. His annoying courtroom habits and tendency to help Apollo when the player doesn't need his help make him the Ace Attorney Equivalent of Navi, though.

He isn't horrible, he's just trying to fill the shoes of giants and failing. People give Apollo flak all the time, but honestly, Klavier was the weak link in the game, not Apollo. He's just below the series standard.

Which, I mean, isn't an easy standard to measure up to. How was some doofy rock star going to measure up to the likes of Edgeworth and Godot?

Sorian

Banned
He's still an asshole. He's just a friendlier one. His annoying courtroom habits and tendency to help Apollo when the player doesn't need his help make him the Ace Attorney Equivalent of Navi, though.

He isn't horrible, he's just trying to fill the shoes of giants and failing. People give Apollo flak all the time, but honestly, Klavier was the weak link in the game, not Apollo. He's just below the series standard.

Which, I mean, isn't an easy standard to measure up to. How was some doofy rock star going to measure up to the likes of Edgeworth and Godot?

I'll agree with you because I'm mostly just playing devil's advocate since I'm not really rating Klavier above any of the other prosecutor's (except for the Payne family, hate those nuisances). Godot is kind of doofy though (T&T real spoiler)
gets poisoned by a little girl and goes on a vengence quest for a fairly flimsy reason

Top Bottom