• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Lusankya

Anyone know when the EU eShop updates? I know it's still early morning on he 23rd here, so it won't be before some time tomorrow. Just kind of want to know when that some time is.

At around 15:00 UTC +2 during summer time (+ - one hour).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So I'm replaying the games (Justice for All) before this comes out. Currently playing
the de Killer case and everything about that case is amazing. I had not replayed JFA in a long time and replaying it, it's definitely a weak game to me, but the circus and de Killer case are awesome. Especially this one. It's probably top 3 case material for the series to me. Matt Engarde just revealed his true self after breaking the pysche locks and god damn, it was so fucking fantastic. I already knew it was coming, but the execution was perfect. The atmosphere changes and the inner questioning begins whether or not you should defend him in court. Now I'm at the trial. God I can't wait to finish it. So much tension in this case unlike any other imo.

So I'm replaying the games (Justice for All) before this comes out. Currently playing
the de Killer case and everything about that case is amazing. I had not replayed JFA in a long time and replaying it, it's definitely a weak game to me, but the circus and de Killer case are awesome. Especially this one. It's probably top 3 case material for the series to me. Matt Engarde just revealed his true self after breaking the pysche locks and god damn, it was so fucking fantastic. The atmosphere changes and the inner questioning begins whether or not you should defend him in court. Now I'm at the trial. God I can't wait to finish it. So much tension in this case unlike any other imo.

I couldn't stand the circus case this playthrough. The ending is such BS to me. The last case was the best in that game though. Especially for this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZlZZ9m4G0Y

Beezy

Apollo Justice is supposedly the one you NEED to play before going into this one. Pick it up.

Out of all the games, Apollo Justice is the one that has the most connections between AA5. I'd play through it or at least read a plot summery if you're strapped for time.

You know, people go on and on about needing to play all the other games to enjoy AA5. While that's certainly the best option, and I'd say definitely play AJ if that's the only one you're missing, I think I should probably say that even though this is by the AAI team it's nowhere near that level of cameo-mania. Your enjoyment of a case is not going to hinge on knowing some minor witness from one game.

Like, playing all games is ideal. Playing just Apollo is probably fine. Playing 1-3 but not Apollo'll probably leave you a bit disoriented. Playing none of them, well, you lose out on the references/returning characters, but I think AA5 still works as a jumping-on point in a lot of ways.

Thanks. I'll either read a summary or just ignore it altogether. I don't think I have the patience to play it before AA5 comes out.

Timeless

Was ___ the only game that had an actual alternative ending?
Case 5 of
the first game
allowed
you to present evidence at the wrong time and get a game over or something.
The last part of
Apollo Justice
also
split in two

CoolS

Case 5 of
the first game
allowed
you to present evidence at the wrong time and get a game over or something.
The last part of
Apollo Justice
also
split in two
Yeah I don't know about a game over. But in JFA
where the game actually tells you Nick never sees maya again and you see him walking alone through the night :( I wanted to cry so bad.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Looking forward to playing it! But with the digital only release I'm not eager to buy it on day one like I would if I had the option to get a physical copy. Might just replay the previous games (and get the Edgeworth's spinoff) before getting it.

The demo gave me the FEELS for these characters though!

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Pretty sure midnight releases only apply to games released at retail. It'll probably be up Thursday at 9AM PDT/12PM EDT, which is the normal eShop update time.

CoolS

Pretty sure midnight releases only apply to games released at retail. It'll probably be up Thursday at 9AM PDT/12PM EDT, which is the normal eShop update time.

This might actually be a good thing. Otherwise I might have just stayed home the whole day playing this.

L~A

Was JFA the only game that had an actual alternative ending?

Yup, too bad they never did it again with the other games.

Looks like there's not many people who want their own attorney badge :p

Only 1 day left (two days of work for me). Welp, it's almost there. I can feel it. Oh, tomorrow is gonna be such a glorious day.

Sendou

Only one question remaining as we have one day to go: Does AA5 belong to digital download folder or retail games folder? Technically digital download would be correct but heart says AA5 has earned its place among retail games even if that was not its faith this time around.

L~A

Only one question remaining as we have one day to go: Does AA5 belong to digital download folder or retail games folder? Technically digital download would be correct but heart says AA5 has earned its place among retail games even if that was not its faith this time around.

Technically, it's a retail game that's only released a Digital Download. So retail folder, I'd say. Game WAS released as retail in Japan after all.

Hasney

Have a feeling that tomorrow after setting my phone up as a wireless hotspot and downloading AA5, I may "get the shits" and spend a lot of the time on the toilet 3DS in hand.

EEEEE IT'S ALMOST HERE. I almost feel like squeeing.

WHAT HAS BECOME OF THIS THREAD.

Ace Attorney 5 is OUT TOMORROW, people. TOMORROW.
in6BrfeSpEETO.gif

Mistle

it's oct 24th, 12:42am in Australia...

...is it out!? if so this is the best surprise for me ever, i didn't even realise

EDIT: well it's not there right now, but today is the day. i'll probably see it there in the morning :D

Jintor

it's oct 24th, 12:42am in Australia...

...is it out!? if so this is the best surprise for me ever, i didn't even realise

EDIT: well it's not there right now, but today is the day. i'll probably see it there in the morning :D

or tommorrow at midnight sigh

Fireblend

Banned
So someone better set up a countdown for the game's release. I have no idea what time/on what timezone it releases so I can't do it myself =/

Lusankya

So someone better set up a countdown for the game's release. I have no idea what time/on what timezone it releases so I can't do it myself =/

For Europe it's 23 hours from now on (24.10. 15:00 UTC +2), I don't know if the Australian eShop is updated at the same time.
In the US the update time is 12:00 UTC -4, so 26 hours from now.

I dont think I'm gonna get this, I loved the original trilogy but never made it through the first case in AA4. Seems like that game ties too heavily into this. :\\\

So this is the only thing on my watch list, and since it's after midnight on the 24th I jumped onto the e-shop to see if I could download it already. Imagine my surprise when it started up and told me software on my watch list is now available!

Now feel my disappointment. Still says "coming soon". God damn it, Nintendo.

I dont think I'm gonna get this, I loved the original trilogy but never made it through the first case in AA4. Seems like that game ties too heavily into this. :

What exactly is wrong with the first case there? And while it builds on the events of the previous game it should be assumed anything important will be recapped anyway given how long ago AA4 was released.

Fireblend

Banned
For Europe it's 23 hours from now on (24.10. 15:00 UTC +2), I don't know if the Australian eShop is updated at the same time.
In the US the update time is 12:00 UTC -4, so 26 hours from now.

Alright then:

Europe:

t1382619600z2.png

North America:

t1382630400z2.png

Now isn't that better? (if I got any of those wrong let me know).

Top Bottom