• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

The last case is a really good one, I feel. It isn't up to Bridge to the Turnabout or Rise from the Ashes, but it is a good, solid last case.

AA4 final case spoilers

Kristoph just felt like a really weak antagonist to me. You were basically convicting someone with nothing left to lose, so it didn't feel gratifying at all. I get that he's supposed to be really petty and his breakdown is in response to it being revealed that he was jealous of Phoenix, but that just seemed so silly given that his reputation was already shot. I had a hard time taking him seriously at all, so he really pales in comparison to Manfred/Gant/Godot, as I remember them.

CoolS

Quick attempts:

nEsfJ7z.png

5EUxeuA.png

Cool, here is mine:

Rw97KjU.png

And I found Kirby Ball in HQ:

2pFUZvF.png

Thank you both!

CorvoSol

I just finished Turnabout Serenade last night and agree that there were some issues with it.

One other thing that bothered me was that
no one, not even Ema, ever thought to check for fingerprints on the remote trigger that Machi pressed during the concert. That would've been more conclusive to finding out that he pressed it than having to draw the conclusion that he must've pressed it because he was playing the piano one-handed.

The case just bugs me because it all hinges on 1) The Judge being in an emotional state where he cannot bother to spend time doing his job and 2)everyone's willful ignorance of every standard method of identifying the culprit in the series. Gavin's entire argument is based on circumstantial evidence, and Apollo should've beat that drum long and hard.

Reason I don't like 4-3 is that stupid song they show you, like, 24 times through the case. Just "ugh"... it feels like the developers were so proud of that cutscene they tried to shove it down your throat at every opportunity they could get :p

And yeah, Klavier is definitely one of the worst prosecutor in the series. Arrogant, and a real n00b to boot. He's always like "LOL Herr Forehead, U mad?!", then always tries to get credits for YOUR findings when he's been wrong all the time.

At least, Blackquill looks really awesome.

Yeah, the song is a huge pain, it's like the Badger Dance, except longer and nobody points out that it sucks. I appreciate that Klavier is a friendly guy, but he's just like, "normal flavor" compared to those who came before.

AA4 final case spoilers

Kristoph just felt like a really weak antagonist to me. You were basically convicting someone with nothing left to lose, so it didn't feel gratifying at all. I get that he's supposed to be really petty and his breakdown is in response to it being revealed that he was jealous of Phoenix, but that just seemed so silly given that his reputation was already shot. I had a hard time taking him seriously at all, so he really pales in comparison to Manfred/Gant/Godot, as I remember them.

I thought that
Kristoph was okay. My chief problem was just that the Gavin brothers are so small fries that it was sort of a pain to see that they're the ones who brought Nick down. Like they just sort of lack something and it comes off as sort of less than it could be. That said, Kristoph is still the better of the two brothers and a decent villain.

We wouldn't have gotten that great hiimdaisy comic series without him though.

True, true. Zak's still a huge jerk, though.
Hey raise my daughter and also get disbarred and then I will try and cheat you out of the only means of making money you still had and when that fails I will for no good reason physically assault a woman.

GSR

Dammit,
looking this up led me to an unmarked AA5 spoiler. I'll leave it at that.

For future reference: if you're trying to avoid spoilers, don't ever go to the AA wiki. I've contributed to it myself a few times, so I can't get too up on my high horse, but they seem to have a bad habit of putting up just the most juicy, spoiler-ific bits without context. I remember I even added a DD-related fact but worded it to keep the spoilers down for people who were browsing that page and someone went back and edited it to be more spoiler-filled even though it added little related to the page itself.

Ah, well. Let's leave it at that then.

Does this release at mignight?

Based on the last couple pages of thread, it depends on who you ask. It's better to assume no.

For future reference: if you're trying to avoid spoilers, don't ever go to the AA wiki. I've contributed to it myself a few times, so I can't get too up on my high horse, but they seem to have a bad habit of putting up just the most juicy, spoiler-ific bits without context. I remember I even added a DD-related fact but worded it to keep the spoilers down for people who were browsing that page and someone went back and edited it to be more spoiler-filled even though it added little related to the page itself.

This realization came a bit late for me unfortunately. I hadn't even gotten to the text but just seeing an AA5 image out of the corner of my eye was enough for me to realize I shouldn't be looking at that site at all.

Vibranium

Banned
Oh man, I'm all ready to go tomorrow. Europeans and East coast people will get it earlier though, dammit! Let's show Capcom that Westerners deserve this series!

I'm going to just throw myself into the game, I'm probably going to stay out of this thread until I finish it, unless I see something that is worth mentioning.

CorvoSol

So I think one of the reasons I really like Lamiroir is that she's executed in much the same way as Godot. AA3 and AA4 spoilers follow
Both are related to the main character, both suffered wounds in tragic cases in the past which ruined their eyesight, both wear masks (well, Lamiroir a veil, but still), and both are central characters in their games. The key differences between them are that Godot remembers what happened to him, and Lamiroir does not, and that this twists and sours Godot's soul, whereas Lamiroir has no memory of who she was and what happened to her, and this leaves her in some ways very innocent.

But both are definite spotlight thieves.

Salsa

is there anything on the eShop worth $2

should probably save $5 so I can get a $35 card for Zelda

(sucks to not be able to use my debit card)

I thought that
Kristoph was okay. My chief problem was just that the Gavin brothers are so small fries that it was sort of a pain to see that they're the ones who brought Nick down. Like they just sort of lack something and it comes off as sort of less than it could be. That said, Kristoph is still the better of the two brothers and a decent villain.

Yeah, I feel the same way about it. I get that when you take down Kristoph at the end it's supposed to be "AT LAST YOU GET REVENGE ON THE MAN WHO RUINED PHOENIX WRIGHT," but really, it was Phoenix's overconfidence and cockiness that fucked him over the most in the first place. The brothers were just pretty underwhelming in general.

-GJ-

Any word on when the DLC episode will go live and what the price will be? What was the Japanese price?

Also, the costume pack isn't up yet. I'm not sure if this one will be available on release.

can i buy this straight from creditcard?

or do i need to add funds to get it first? :S (which would mean there would be left over money)

also, is there tax?

Yukiari

I've never bought anything from the eshop before, is there tax on the games? I have that 30 dollar Smt x fire emblem credit saved for this.

can i buy this straight from creditcard?

or do i need to add funds to get it first? :S (which would mean there would be left over money)

When you're in the eshop, go to the dual destines page, and try to buy it.

If you don't have enough funds,a "add required funds" button will appear that only adds the amount you need to purchase the game.

Also, if you're in North America, you can always set your state location to one without tax through the 3DS region settings. I've only heard that some places in the states do have tax though, wouldn't know exactly which, being part of Eurogaf

Veggy

Anyone know how much it will cost for UK people?

Sucks that I'll be at work all day tomorrow :( Unless by some miracle they release it at midnight

Anyone know how much it will cost for UK people?

Sucks that I'll be at work all day tomorrow :( Unless by some miracle they release it at midnight

£19.99.

^Release will either be at midnight (doubt it) or around 2-3pm tomorrow (UK time, adjust for your region as needed, will go up at the same time all across europe).

Nohar

Thank you very much. I didn't browse the previous pages, my apologies.

... 15 hours? That's torture. I'll check at 0:10 AM, and then go to bed I guess.

Fodder76

Do we know in what order the DLC case is meant to be played? I understand it takes place before the cases included in the game, but I'm not sure that means its meant to be played first.

I'm assuming its not meant to be played first since its not available the day of the games release, but I just thought I'd check.

-GJ-

Do we know in what order the DLC case is meant to be played? I understand it takes place before the cases included in the game, but I'm not sure that means its meant to be played first.

I'm assuming its not meant to be played first since its not available the day of the games release, but I just thought I'd check.

Iirc it takes place between the second and the third case.

Top Bottom