• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Lusankya

Alright then:

Europe:

t1382619600z2.png

North America:

t1382630400z2.png

Now isn't that better? (if I got any of those wrong let me know).

Very nice. Don't kill me if I am wrong, though. The US update time is the one I read everywhere. It was much harder to find out the European update time, but it should be correct.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
For some reason Nintendo doesn't accept my CC, and they don't sell eshop cards here. So i can't get the game as it is right now.

Can you still change the region of the 3DS (PAL) to, say a country like the UK and buy eshop cards from a website.

What exactly is wrong with the first case there? And while it builds on the events of the previous game it should be assumed anything important will be recapped anyway given how long ago AA4 was released.

Didn't like what they did to Phoenix and Apollo was a shitty replacement so I stopped playing. *shrug*

Fireblend

Banned
Didn't like what they did to Phoenix and Apollo was a shitty replacement so I stopped playing. *shrug*

Phoenix gets redeemed so fantastically by the end of that game though. If anything, making you think they ruined Phoenix is part of its shtick and absolutely intended by the story. AA4 is as good as any of the other games in the series and that goes for the characters as well. Trucy <3

AA3 > AA1 = AA4 > AA2, IMHO, and that's a seriously narrow band, they're all incredible for me.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I haven't been following this thread so I apologize if this has been asked or addressed, but my friend says she'll only get the game if Maya is in it. I saw Pearl in the trailer at the end of the demo, but is there any solid indication that Maya is in?

Fireblend

Banned
I haven't been following this thread so I apologize if this has been asked or addressed, but my friend says she'll only get the game if Maya is in it. I saw Pearl in the trailer at the end of the demo, but is there any solid indication that Maya is in?

SPOILERS

Tizoc

So this time tomorrow I can finally purchase the game off UK 3DS eShop, I'll let my brother know so I can have it downloaded into the 3DS when he gets back X_X

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
SPOILERS

Thanks.

People probably don't know this about me since I don't really talk about the series, but I've been a fan of Ace Attorney for a long time. I remember buying Trials and Tribulations when it came out, and being so happy when Apollo Justice was announced because I was convinced the series wouldn't continue after the GBA trilogy was ported DS. My favorite title in the series is Trials, but I don't dislike JFA as much as some people seem to. I actually like it a lot; the psych-locks made investigation a lot more enjoyable, I wish they stuck around.

My main internet connection is dead, probably for several days. So I can't get this tomorrow :( Hooray for our digital only future - oh wait, no. Kill it with fire instead.

Frolow

Banned
My main internet connection is dead, probably for several days. So I can't get this tomorrow :( Hooray for our digital only future - oh wait, no. Kill it with fire instead.

Is there somewhere close to your house with free WIFI? I'd imagine the download shouldn't take too long.

argh, i was really excited for a midnight e-shop release. Come on capcom, you refuse to release a physical copy for us fans, at least put it up at midnight. I'm just so excited for this game, i wanna start playing some asap. I think i read somewhere that we'd be getting free DLC for AA5? Anybody know more details?

epmode

That Apollo Justice game is unfairly maligned on GAF. While it's not quite up to the best Phoenix Wright games, it's far better than Ace Attorney Investigations.

Frolow

Banned
argh, i was really excited for a midnight e-shop release. Come on capcom, you refuse to release a physical copy for us fans, at least put it up at midnight. I'm just so excited for this game, i wanna start playing some asap. I think i read somewhere that we'd be getting free DLC for AA5? Anybody know more details?

There are some alternative costume DLC that'll be available for free for the first week. There's also a whole new DLC Case that comes out sometime after the game launches.

CorvoSol

Phoenix gets redeemed so fantastically by the end of that game though. If anything, making you think they ruined Phoenix is part of its shtick and absolutely intended by the story. AA4 is as good as any of the other games in the series and that goes for the characters as well. Trucy <3

AA3 > AA1 = AA4 > AA2, IMHO, and that's a seriously narrow band, they're all incredible for me.

Yeah, even though I whined up a storm about him yesterday, there really are no characters in Apollo Justice I'd call myself against, including Klavier. Er, well, excluding Zak Gramarye, who is without a doubt the biggest douchebag in the series.

AA3>AA1>AAI2>AA2=AA4=AAI

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who totally adored AAI.

I really liked it, but AAI2 was shaping up to be way better before I hit the end of the patch.

epmode

I liked it too! But I *love* the other games.

I think AAI annoyed me because early screenshots had me expecting something more like an old-school adventure game. But the adventurey stuff was 100% cosmetic and missing out on the court cases was a big loss. And and and I didn't like the multi-chapter arc in AAI. At all. The big threat was a smuggling ring? Really?

Ath

I'm so happy that we're less than 24 hours away from a brand new Ace Attorney game. I can't wait to get stuck into this one!

Count me in as another one who really liked Ace Attorney Investigations. I thought it was a very refreshing take on the formula, and Edgeworth is a great lead.

L~A

So someone better set up a countdown for the game's release. I have no idea what time/on what timezone it releases so I can't do it myself =/

For the countdown, click here. As far as I know, US and EU eShop update both happen at the same time, that is 3PM GMT+2. At least, NoA have their PR at that time every week, I'm 100% sure of it, and I believe the eShop is updated at the same time.

So yeah, that means that in less than 24h, will be available! Woooooooooo!

I'd like an attorney badge on my avatar, if someone would do me the honors!

Hmmm... could someone do it for him? SammySamusu, maybe?

Nah, you're not. I loved AAI, even the ending that most people felt dragged on for too long (I actually rather enjoyed it). It may be a spin-off, but the quality is pretty much the same as the regular series. It did quite of things differently, while keeping the whole "spirit" of the franchise intact. I really hope they'll keeping make some in the future, maybe one more before Ace Attorney 6? And this time Capcom, PLEASE LOCALISE IT.

AAI was a really refreshing game, in my opinion, and Edgeworth is a real great character.

Young Magus

Day 1 over here, I've been getting ready for this so I managed to pick up the first 4 AA games. I've beaten the first two and Ill start the 3rd soon. Ill pick up 5 day 1 but Ill wait till I've beaten all 4 before I play the fifth one.

Also, you guys were not lying about the last case in the second one. MAN!!!! JFA SPOILERS:
Did most of you went with the guilty or not guilty verdict at the end?
. I also did not find the third case to be THAT bad, thought I can see why some would.

Frolow

Banned
Day 1 over here, I've been getting ready for this so I managed to pick up the first 4 AA games. I've beaten the first two and Ill start the 3rd soon. Ill pick up 5 day 1 but Ill wait till I've beaten all 4 before I play the fifth one.

Also, you guys were not lying about the last case in the second one. MAN!!!! JFA SPOILERS:
. I also did not find the third case to be THAT bad, thought I can see why some would.
I went with (JFA spoilers)
Not Guilty. The shit-eating grin Wright had on his face as he pushed for Engarde's acquittal was the highlight of the whole game for me. And for those who don't remember.

Verelios

Last two cases in AJ, and I'm set to finish Turnabout Serenade by the end of lunch.

I've gotta say, that had to be the worst case I've played of the series. Not to discount people who like it, but it just dragged on and wouldn't stop. And Gavin doing all your work for you...per usual.

I'm too excited for AA5 tomorrow. Jeez, I hope I can get it immediately.

CorvoSol

I've gotta say, that had to be the worst case I've played of the series. Not to discount people who like it, but it just dragged on and wouldn't stop. And Gavin doing all your work for you...per usual.

I'm too excited for AA5 tomorrow. Jeez, I hope I can get it immediately.

Yeah it's a debate for me on whether or not Turnabout Serenade or Turnabout Big Top is the worst case in the series. Possibly Serenade, because it's so stupid. Gavin's being a huge bitch about everything, and the Judge is in a huge hurry, and
Machi should never have been suspected, because they have only circumstantial evidence, and also they make a HUGE case about how firing a revolver of that caliber would break your arm, but somehow overlook that anyone small enough to climb through the air vent would also break their arm firing the revolver.

Like, that's the worst in AA, when the Prosecution's argument is so flawed that their own logic invalidates it. Probably why I don't like Klavier as much as the other prosecutors in the series. Manfred von Karma never would've settled for so obvious a flaw so early in the case.

^^ heh, great minds.

After a few years, I finally manned and resumed AA4, which I had stopped during that terrible third case. I hope that last case delivers, just in time for AA5.

CorvoSol

After a few years, I finally manned and resumed AA4, which I had stopped during that terrible third case. I hope that last case delivers, just in time for AA5.

The last case is a really good one, I feel. It isn't up to Bridge to the Turnabout or Rise from the Ashes, but it is a good, solid last case.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
No midnight launch? Lame.

On the Court Records forum someone put up a response by the AA Facebook page saying it should be up at midnight, so I'm holding on to that slim hope that whatever intern is running the page actually knows what's up. But it'll probably release in the afternoon.

AAI is great for the fanservice, and the investigation with 3rd person character and sprites everywhere is better than boring old 1st person investigation any day. International stuff is quite neat too.

Only real qualm i had was the 'final boss' took about 4 hours too long.

Chrom

Yeah it's a debate for me on whether or not Turnabout Serenade or Turnabout Big Top is the worst case in the series. Possibly Serenade, because it's so stupid. Gavin's being a huge bitch about everything, and the Judge is in a huge hurry, and
Machi should never have been suspected, because they have only circumstantial evidence, and also they make a HUGE case about how firing a revolver of that caliber would break your arm, but somehow overlook that anyone small enough to climb through the air vent would also break their arm firing the revolver.

Like, that's the worst in AA, when the Prosecution's argument is so flawed that their own logic invalidates it. Probably why I don't like Klavier as much as the other prosecutors in the series. Manfred von Karma never would've settled for so obvious a flaw so early in the case.

I just finished Turnabout Serenade last night and agree that there were some issues with it.

One other thing that bothered me was that
no one, not even Ema, ever thought to check for fingerprints on the remote trigger that Machi pressed during the concert. That would've been more conclusive to finding out that he pressed it than having to draw the conclusion that he must've pressed it because he was playing the piano one-handed.

L~A

There is one review in the eu shop.
Where is it available??? Release it now dammit!!

Probably some reviewer getting his copy early.

2-4 is, in my opinion, the best case in the entire series. The tension is so thick you could cut it with a knife. The whole
"chose between Justice and the life your friend"
is one of the most impactuful moments, all these emotions.
And Matt is definitely one of the most evil characters in the game, one of the best too.

Brilliant writing is just brillant. And damn,
that bad ending
really broke my heart. Seriously.

Reason I don't like 4-3 is that stupid song they show you, like, 24 times through the case. Just "ugh"... it feels like the developers were so proud of that cutscene they tried to shove it down your throat at every opportunity they could get :p

And yeah, Klavier is definitely one of the worst prosecutor in the series. Arrogant, and a real n00b to boot. He's always like "LOL Herr Forehead, U mad?!", then always tries to get credits for YOUR findings when he's been wrong all the time.

At least, Blackquill looks really awesome.

Top Bottom