• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 5: Dual Destinies |OT| Rated M For Objectionable Content

Sendou

5Fl3kYrl.jpg

why did I decide to replay this

might be my least favorite case in the whole series

Ugh I don't remember this case very well and I think there might be a reason for that.

CorvoSol

Yeah, I feel the same way about it. I get that when you take down Kristoph at the end it's supposed to be "AT LAST YOU GET REVENGE ON THE MAN WHO RUINED PHOENIX WRIGHT," but really, it was Phoenix's overconfidence and cockiness that fucked him over the most in the first place. The brothers were just pretty underwhelming in general.

I just mean
Manfred von Karma and his brilliant daughter Franziska failed to defeat Phoenix. Especially Franziska, whose sole goal was to stop him. Then the goofy Gavin boys undo a man who has withstood Damon Gant and Dahlia Hawthorne.

Really this is why I kind of prefer to see Zak Gramarye as the main villain of the game. Everything he does is selfish and does nothing but hurt others. The lives of
Apollo
, Trucy, Phoenix,
Valant
Lamiroir
and Kristoph Gavin are all ruined because Zak Gramarye was a selfish asshole who never once thought of anyone but himself.

I mean Godot was arrogant and his arrogance had severe consequences, but Godot's miserable, frustrated actions are nothing compared to Zak "The Living Life Ruiner" Gramarye.

I'm late to this thread like an individual bringing case making evidence to the court room at the critical moment but i'm here now and i'm hyped.
Nice OT, turns out the only way to fit AA5 on my current SD card is to bulldoze my Animal Crossing town, well at least those animals can take consolation in the fact that they'll be losing their homes for a very good cause.

L00P

5Fl3kYrl.jpg

why did I decide to replay this

might be my least favorite case in the whole series
that dude has the best "you got me!" reaction in the entire series

I actually stopped my AA marathon because I didn't want to deal with that audio mixer in Apollo justice again. Like fuck that. And it irritates me to no end to see nick's courtroom sprite looking out of place compared to everything else. Just thinking about it makes me mad

vctor182

I'm late to this thread like an individual bringing case making evidence to the court room at the critical moment but i'm here now and i'm hyped.
Nice OT, turns out the only way to fit AA5 on my current SD card is to bulldoze my Animal Crossing town, well at least those animals can take consolation in the fact that they'll be losing their homes for a very good cause.
Get a new card they're cheap right now in Amazon (if you live in the US)
No midnight launch for this game? =(

Get a new card they're cheap right now in Amazon (if you live in the US)
No midnight launch for this game? =(

I think regardless of how I try to move data (be it to a new SD card or even console transfer) AC has to leave behind its save data anyway because...reasons.

So i've made my peace with it.

I just searched "Ace Attorney" on the US eShop and there's an English Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright teaser on there... 2014 release. Was this confirmed before?

LAA

I dont think it'll happen (Though I found on the Ace Attorney facebook page they said it was), really want to believe it'll happen.

Not midnight in the UK (where I am), so all hope is not lost for me quite yet...
I really hope its online pretty early tomorrow, want to play ASAP.

-GJ-

They just uploaded the Costume Bundle DLC (I'm in Holland, it's 00:29 here atm). It's 46 blocks. Somebody should check if the full game is up.

3DLPxQf.png

-GJ-

Nope still nothing.

Strange. I checked about an hour ago and the costumes weren't up then. Well I guess that would mean it'll be up around 17:00 then. That's when the eShop usually updates in Holland. So that's 16:30 hours left.

Hmmm. Still nothing on the Australian eShop either. After the close-to-midnight release of Pokémon, I'd been hoping this one would be up almost as early. It's just past 9:40am on the East Coast (those states with DST anyway), so surely it can't be too long now...

Jintor

Hmmm. Still nothing on the Australian eShop either. After the close-to-midnight release of Pokémon, I'd been hoping this one would be up almost as early. It's just past 9:40am on the East Coast (those states with DST anyway), so surely it can't be too long now...

At this rate I'm going to have to go to uni and do some real law and then come back to my fake law

Nohar

Come to think of it, we need a spoiler thread, don't we? Any ideas for subtitles?

Hmmm... Something about Psyche-Locks, maybe? As in "AAI5 Spoiler Thread: That's a lot of Psyche-Locks..." ?

I'm not really inspired tonight.

GSR

AA5 Spoilers | Announce the Truth

I am immediately opposed to this because, despite that name being everywhere and even the translation I've used for that track, after learning Japanese and speaking with others I realize that the title of that track (真実は告げる) really, really doesn't match that. It's more like "The Truth Will Tell" - it's literally "Truth" (subject, 真実 は) performing the action of informing/telling/warning (告げる). I basically keep using it now because it's what everyone's used to. I'm really looking forward to PLvsPW's English release, because it's in the sound test there, which means we'll get an official translation.

Top Bottom